Author Topic: Mark Burnett Plans "Hip" News Show  (Read 3921 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Mark Burnett Plans "Hip" News Show
« on: February 23, 2006, 12:01:49 AM »
Mark Burnett Plans "Hip" News Show

By Ben Grossman -- Broadcasting & Cable, 2/22/2006 5:55:00 PM

He’s known for reality shows featuring adventure, business, music, and boxing, but now Mark Burnett says he is looking at getting into another type of reality programming -- news.

Speaking at a Museum of Television & Radio luncheon in Beverly Hills, Burnett said he has a news project in development. Citing the success of Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show, Burnett (Survivor, Apprentice) said he is developing an idea for a newsmagazine show targeted to a young, hip audience.

“I do believe there is a vacuum and a big opportunity in news,” he told the audience. “The network news business still requires advertising, but their viewers are very old. Young people are interested in watching some form of news, if presented in the right way."

Burnett said that while plans are in the early stages, he is targeting the networks as opposed to syndication, and is currently in the process of putting out feelers for talent.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Mark Burnett Plans "Hip" News Show
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »
From what I heard, each newsprogram will begin with 20 newscaster. As the hour long news program continues newscasters are voted off. The sole survivor of the program gets to win the last news story and gets to tell it all by him/herself. Crazy!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.