Author Topic: AI Men Top 12  (Read 10315 times)

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
AI Men Top 12
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:12:42 PM »
 :bliss:

Vote here too!!!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: AI Men Top 12
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 07:13:37 PM »
Let me get through the women, then I'll cast my vote here.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »
Chris BLEW me away tonight  :woohoo: , if I get goosebumps then  :jam: .........and no a bad looking guy either .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 08:27:21 PM »
Oh Boy Elliot Ruled !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 08:31:42 PM »
Bobby is flamin' LOL.

Bobby um Thursday night. This is me and this is you ... Ba Bye
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 08:33:37 PM »
Bobby Brady?

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »
Bobby Brady?

She probably meant Peter Brady.  But I personally think he looks more like Fred Savage who played Kevin Arnold in "The Wonder Years".

puddin, can you post a side by side but with him, Peter Brady and Kevin Arnold so we could see the diff?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
 :waves: Peter for sure

Ace is hot  :-[

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 08:47:27 PM »
I meant Fat Bobby. LOL. the one before Ace

OMG ACE okay competition over. It will be him against Paris, Mandesa, and Katharine.

[IM

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »
Ace had me at ...

"That's All I Wanted
Something special, something sacred -
In your eyes"

:hearts:

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 12:08:07 AM »
AI: The Men
With the viewers casting the votes now, how will the men do in this competition? Here are my thoughs:

Patrick Hall - 27
The men are started off by Patrick Hall. His choice for tonight is "Come to my Window".  He thinks he can identify with the angst in the song, but can he realte to the performance of the song as sung by Melissa Ethridge? I thought it was an okay song. It didn't blow me over, but he could belt the song out. He did a fine job, I'm sure that in the coming weeks he may do better. I guess we'll have to see. God, I'm agreeing with Simon again??? 3 stars

David Redford - 17
Labeled, the crooner' he's seemingly trying to find his nitch in this contest. I've loved the 'rat pat' songs he's done in the past, however this week he's decided to bust out with "This Thing Called Love'. Does it work? Well, that's hard to say for me. I think the song was nice, he sang it great but you could tell he was wanting to get back to his 'crooning' type of singing. Certainly the wrong song for him, even though he seemed to enjoy singing it. Randy really didn't like it and I have a hard time agreeing with him this time. David was better than a High School performance. The women certainly disagreed with Randy, I was half expecting them to be throwing their panties at him. So it seems I don't totally agree with Paula as well. Going for a hat trick I didn't entirely agree with Simon either. I didn't think it was a joke of a song. David just needs to sing what he's good at. He'll do fine in the coming weeks. 3 1/2 stars

Bucky Covington - 28
Bucky has trouble remembering his lyrics at times. The other few times he is hard to understand. This 'gold ol boy' decides to sing 'Simple Man' from Lynyrd Skynyrd. It as a simple, yet ok song for me. It really didn't make me stand up and notice him. I think he'll be a female fan favorite, but not doing much for me. 3 stars.

Will Maker - 16
Paula referred to him as Bobby Brady, I think what she meant was Peter Brady because that was exactly what I thought as soon as I saw him. His choice for a song? "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5. Another one of those songs where you can't help but to compare it with the original. I kept half-expecting Michael Jackson to come strolling out on stage to join Peter Brady. Serioulsy though, I'm glad Will has always wanted to sing this, now that he's done that perhaps he'll move on to a song next time that works better for him. A mediocre performance, I have to agree once again with Simon, 'it was just average'. Nothing more. Will needs to get some rest, have some pork chops and apple sauce and think seriously what he's going to sing next. 3 stars.

Jose 'Sway' Penala - 28
Another singer that likes to forget his lyrics. He didn't do such a bad job with lyrics this week, but that's the good news. Yes he picks a song from Earth Wind and Fire, but I would have a hard time listening to him over the radio or (gasp) in my CD player. 2 1/2 stars.

Chris Daughtry - 26
I love the song Chris picks out tonight. For the men, a good rock song really draws me in. He does a fantastic job on this, he'll go far in this competition. Odd how it might sound though, he looks the part of the song he's singing. What's really starting to scare me is how much I agree with Simon, not only about who he likes, but why. Chris does have charisma and a nice recording voice. He gets my first 4 stars.

Kevin Covais - 16
Up to this point I had never been a big Kevin fan. Paula has always pointed out how cute he is, and I guess she loves his singing voice. But does she love his singing voice or does she just think he is 'cute'? Granted, I have to say that I go a lot easier on some of the women if I think they are cute, but the men don't have that luxery with me. No matter what, I totally hated this song. One passing thought going through my head, 'how did he get here'? Dare I say it was excrutiationg? Well, Simon seems to agree with me so I'm in good company I guess. I doubt we'll see him next week unless all the 90 year olds cram the phone lines. Randy liked him? What was he thinking? 2 1/2 stars.

Gedeon McKinney - 17
Again, like Kevin I've never been a big fan. But to this point we have not seen everything they have to give. Tonight Gedeon sings "Shout", hmmm what is he thinking? Simon certainly did not like this performance and it seems that Simon and I have agreed on everything so far. However, this time I will disagree with him. Gedeon had fun with the song and it showed. He didn't have a bad voice and he did a very good job. I was entertained as well. I'm not sure how he'll top himself next week though. I guess we'll have to see. 3 1/2 stars.

Elliott Yamin - 27
Another Karaoke lover. So, he's going to sing one of his favorie Karaoke songs, "If You Really Love Me" by Stevie Wonder. I love Stevie, I"m hoping Elliott will not mess this song up. One thing I hate more than anything is someone singing a song you like and having them massacre it. I don't know how the AI Trinity endure it. But Elliott does a nice job. He gets all the notes, doesn't forget his lines and really vocalizes this song. 3 1/2 stars

Bobby Bennett - 19
Copa Cabana for me was a surprising song to want to sing in this competiton. Once again, we have someone singing a song for a reason other than they know they can sing it. I didn't find the song awful though and he had fun with the song. I surprisingly liked it. From the start I thought I was going to hate Bobby and his singing but I didn't so much. Does he have staying power? To be honest I'm not so sure we'll see him go very far, but he should last a few weeks. I have to disagree one last time with Simon, the song was not a trainwreck. Love the catfight between Ryan and Simon though. 3 stars.

Ace Young - 25
I think he'll be another female fan favorite. He has that look that just about all women love. Ace decides to treat the female audience with "Father Figure" from George Michael. The women loved him, the audience loved him, and the judges loved him. I think Randy liked to have thrown his panties at him. I must have dozed off for a bit during the song then because I felt the performance was very wooden. I didn't like it, I wanted to run away from this "father figure" 3 stars.

Taylor Hicks - 29
Hard to describe why he's such a fan favorite. I like him, and it seems so does many other people. I didn't particularly like the song he sings, but he does a fantastic job with it. The electrocution was down to a minimum and yet again I have to agree with Simon, Taylor is really "just into the singing" He certainly has a style all his own, and is interesting. Very refreshing. 4 stars.

There you have it. Agree with me or don't, those are my views. So who will be the next American Idol? Stay tuned....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 12:42:26 AM »
this is well written , thanks Jeff  :hearts:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 12:48:07 AM »
Anytime. Well, maybe next week if it's appreciated enough. ;)

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 07:27:24 AM »
 Great job Jeff!!!!  :tup:

My person favorites from last night .....

Will
Chris
Elliott
Ace
Taylor

Who should go home .....

Jose, Kevin, or Bobby  :nitenite:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 07:37:05 AM »
Its coming.... :nut:

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 08:42:16 AM »
So Cole, am I forgiven for having forgot it was on Tuesday?
Well, let's move on. I can't wait for the very next episode of American Idol next week.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:33 AM »
I think Taylor just proved what an innovative and interesting musician he really is.  Go Taylor  :bliss:
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 09:57:26 AM »
AI: The Men - The True E! Hollywood Report by Cole

Pop Singers:
 :jumpy: Ace – okay obviously the fav for all young women and gay men of all ages. There its said. Now last night the defining moment was watching Mandisa shake her as she watched Ace perform. She had the look ‘that is my competition if he has not already won’. The Black Diva has sung...oh it's over he will win. LOL.

:cocky: Patrick – What I like to call ‘Ace-lite’ in vocals and bizarro in attitude compared to Ace.

Contestant appealing to those over 80 –

:-* Kevin – Pasty skin, his effort to grow his hair out to not look as ‘boyish’ not working , and the girls (Paula’s Poodles) love him because he is not a threat. LOL

The Island of Misfit (Idol Contestants)
   All three belong on this Island and need to go. Enough said!
   Gedeon, 'Sway',  & Bobby

Tweens – The Hilary Duff voting crowd

David – I think he should have done a song from his ‘Our Town’ high school performance cuz it wouldn’t have been that                           much different.

Will– OH Paula so right on Bobby Brady LOL

I vote these two contestants most likely to cry on camera.

Southern Rockers –

Bucky – I’m waiting for him to break out his pack of Skoal and start dipp’n. LOL. I think Nashville Stars is a better fit for him.

Chris – Definitely good Rocker. He just never needs to grow his hair out, but definitely look at those weird sideburns.

Looks are Something….LOL
Both good singers…just too hard to market...need I say why. LOL
Elliott
Taylor – gets the Baby Boomer vote

In the end a battle between Ace and Chris from the men.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 10:28:58 AM by Cole »

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09:17 AM »
Nice Job Cole :jumpy:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 11:19:59 AM »
Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less.  :giggle:

[IM

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 07:10:50 PM »
Great write ups Jeffrey & Cole.   I love how Jeffrey gives them up to a 4 star ratings (although you were generous IMO  ;D )  while Cole puts them into different categories which are true and funny.  I look forward to reading your write ups each week. :tup: ;D

I do like Patrick, Chris, Elliot and Tylor and Ace (what can I say?  :-*  ), but of all of them I liked Chris' performance the best.  I like many styles of music, but as you can see by my avatar, I liked Bo Bice from last season.  Chris' music style reminds me of that which works for me. ;D

Bobby....if he's still around after tonight I will  :knuckles:  anybody who voted to keep him around :lol:

Kevin....what do people see in him. 

One other thing about Tyler.  I do like his voice but I'm tired of the Joe Cocker/Ray Charles "Shtick" he does.  Give it a rest.  If he doesn't, he'll be gone.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »
I love how Jeffrey gives them up to a 4 star ratings (although you were generous IMO   )

I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of how well I can sing compaired to them. LOL
As for the women, yea I do probably give them a bit of a higher rating at times. Looks inspire me a lot.  :bliss:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:35:56 PM by jeffreysg »

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 03:31:55 PM »
Don't spend much time in front of a mirror I take it. LOL.  :meow:

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:16 PM »
no, I keep my eyes closed when I shave.

Offline tenboard

• Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »
ACE!  ACE!  ACE!  ACE!  ACE!  ACE!  ACE!   :hearts:
no matter how much you dislike your mother-in-law,  you must never set her on fire..................ernest wilde