Author Topic: TAR9 EP2: 'I'm Filthy and I Love It '  (Read 37317 times)

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR9 EP2: 'I'm Filthy and I Love It '
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2006, 07:45:41 AM »
Did anyone else notice that Phil did not mention a mandatory 12 hour pit stop or that the team arrived at whatever time PM.   ???

The above picture is definitely not from this episode.  Where could it be?  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2006, 09:32:23 AM »
I just read the webclues , the picture is for Leg 3 !!

now this is some funny stuff  :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2006, 09:36:10 AM »
the rules are updated charlierose ( updated from teams of 4 TAR8 that is ) :yaya:

PIT STOP
The final destination for each leg of a race, at which point a Team must "clock in." The last Team to arrive at most PIT STOPs is eliminated from the race. A Team will leave the PIT STOP 12 hours after they clock in; for instance, a Team that clocks in at 9 am will leave at 9 pm.

ROADBLOCK
A task in which only one member of the two-person Team may participate; in most cases, the non-participant must wait for the participant to accomplish the goal.

FAST FORWARD
Two pre-determined legs have one FAST FORWARD, which allows the Team that completes the FAST FORWARD task first to proceed directly to the next PIT STOP without having to do any further tasks, including DETOURs or ROADBLOCKs, on the way. The trick is that only the first Team to find and complete the FAST FORWARD on the leg may use it; any subsequent Team that finds it will have wasted their time and must go back and complete all tasks. In addition, a Team may claim only one FAST FORWARD during the entire race.

YIELD
Each leg of the race has a YIELD point. Teams must stop at the YIELD location to do two things before continuing along the course: 1) They must check to see if they have been YIELDed by another team; 2) If no Team has been YIELDed, they must decide whether to use the YIELD or not. If a Team is YIELDed, they must turn over the hourglass and wait until all the sand runs out before they may continue with the race. A Team may use the YIELD to stop another Team only once throughout the entire course of the race. However, there is no limit to the number of times that a Team can be YIELDed by the other Teams.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2006, 12:21:54 PM »
Some observations about some strange goings on:

1.  Bunch point was Edificio Copan, not the bus station.  Why did five teams all run up fire escape No. 1 and only one team (BJ) run up escape no. 3?  Wouldn't be obvious that if you were the fifth team at no. 1, you would be last down the rappel? 

2. The first three teams to rappel were the first three teams at the bus station and got on the first bus leaving at 10:15AM. These three teams (BJ/Tyler; Eric and Jerremy; and MO/JO) also were the first three teams at the Detour and then were the first three teams at the Pit Stop.

3. Teams 4, 5, 6 finished second and made it onto the second bus at 11:15 but already a good hour behind.

4.  The teams that rappelled down last got the last bus at 12:15 and ended up at the Detour and Pit stop last.

5.  So the race was pretty much determined by  the order in which the teams finished the rappel. The one big exception was Lake/Michelle who finised the rappel fourth but ended up at the pitstop seventh.

6.  TPTB played around with the facts of the case in the PRESS IT task.  Every reference I could find says that after the juice is extracted from the sugar cane it takes between 48 and 60 hours for the juice to ferment after yeast is added to the mix. Phil does say in the task description that to "distill the fermented juice into ethanol."  So the attendents must have substituted fermented juice for that which the teams extracted themselves.  If this had been made clear, more teams might have tried it since some were smart to know that the science of extracting sugar cane and turning it into ethanol was no quick simple task.

7.  In any case it did not matter whether a team did Climb It or Press It as the finish order was the same as the order the teams arrived at either one of the Detours.

8. Although rules say there is a YIELD on each leg, we have yet to see one.  I guess if no one bothers with it, TPTB just don't include it in the final edit.  Matter of fact, why should they?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2006, 12:29:30 PM »
no mention of the roadblock rule either

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2006, 04:02:52 PM »
Here's how nuts I am..thought today (Wednesday) was yesterday (Tuesday) and didn't make the CBS game ( if it's even up) or the one here. Now I know most of us have mistaken today for tomorrow but how could I have done that  ???

Ah well at least I know tomorrow is Survivor time  :clap: :Cdance: }^{ :ascared
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2006, 04:21:10 PM »
Here's how nuts I am..thought today (Wednesday) was yesterday (Tuesday) and didn't make the CBS game ( if it's even up) or the one here. Now I know most of us have mistaken today for tomorrow but how could I have done that  ???

Ah well at least I know tomorrow is Survivor time  :clap: :Cdance: }^{ :ascared

I find that with age these things start happening more often.  :cocky: :giggle:

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2006, 08:52:37 PM »
They should have called it 'You gotta make a girl feel good so you can get in her pants later'

:rotf:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2006, 01:21:17 AM »
That stupid Bert shot in Brazil for 2-3 days,

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2006, 11:46:05 AM »
The Frosties must have gotten incredibly lost on their way to the pit stop.  IIRC they finished the detour before sunset (around 7:30) and the pit stop was about 20 miles from the detour.

Well, from  http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16268023&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=6
But they decided to be good sports and finally made it to the plantation around 11 p.m. and broke out in tears when they got the news they were no more.

20 miles in over 3 1/2 hours??   Yikes!!!!!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2006, 02:34:49 PM »
I seem to recall that the geezers were the only other team to finish in the dark.  I guess that puts them slightly higher on the intelligence scale above the Frosties.  They are so lucky.  Maybe the next leg will be their downfall, finally.    :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2006, 03:08:26 PM »
FranknBerry must be safe , in spoilers I posted how Fran " bungee jumps " ( Corinth canal perhaps ) and dives out of a plane .
( pointed out by banzai  :tup: )
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:46:16 PM by puddin »

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »
Thanks puddin :hearts:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2006, 06:30:57 PM »
okay. this is the second time I've entered an TAR thread not placed in a spoiler thread and read a spoiler posted within the thread.

this thread should be moved. why are you doing this to me....why....cuz we know the world and this web board revolves are me me me me me.  >:(
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »
okay. this is the second time I've entered an TAR thread not placed in a spoiler thread and read a spoiler posted within the thread.

this thread should be moved. why are you doing this to me....why....cuz we know the world and this web board revolves are me me me me me.  >:(

Cole ,we have no spoiler rules in the TAR topic  for 4 years no one's ever complained and it's worked out just fine .. if you want to start a TAR9 Lets Speculate thread  " No Spoilers please " thread feel free , we will respect it , fair enough ?

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2006, 07:36:38 PM »
 :rules:

lol

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2006, 08:25:53 PM »
Call a cop ! oh wait he's right here  :yes: :cop:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2006, 08:42:44 PM »
Quote from: Gman
So the attendents must have substituted fermented juice for that which the teams extracted themselves.  If this had been made clear...
The info was available, but they had to read the entire instructions, not just the card. Take a peek at the paper folded inside the "wallet."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2006, 08:57:11 PM »
Nice catch Slowhatch !

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2006, 11:55:17 PM »
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/343247/page//vc/1

There's a guy at Google Earth community and he just uploaded all the stops of this episode.