Author Topic: TAR9 EP2: 'I'm Filthy and I Love It '  (Read 37734 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR9 EP2: 'I'm Filthy and I Love It '
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »
So you think its the Nerds , never ?  :'(

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2006, 10:06:30 AM »
according to this board:
http://www.speakreality.com/showthread.php?t=5273
The Nerds, David and Lori, make it too Russia. So they will be around at least till Episode 6.

thanks to puddin

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2006, 10:22:45 AM »
according to this board:
http://www.speakreality.com/showthread.php?t=5273
The Nerds, David and Lori, make it too Russia. So they will be around at least till Episode 6.

thanks to puddin

It also says BJ and Tyler are eliminated early in the competition (and Russia is Ep. 3 - not 6, right?). So I wonder what the definition of "early" is and for that matter what "goes far into game" really means.
I have the nerds going next but maybe they'll last one more episode and go in Russia. I really like them. I hope BJ and Tyler go very far.  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2006, 10:24:12 AM »
banzai, I saw a new commercial but of course my recorder wasn't on , it was a cbs pumping up TAR with some TV guide hype , there were shots of BJ & Tyler running with backpacks and Monica in the streets smiling . I have cbs on now trying to catch it again ..this post is no good without the pictures  :lol: , si be on the look out .

about the above spoiler , I don't know where that board got their info from but any spolier is better than none , it was brought to my attention by never ? I can't remember right now , sorry .

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2006, 10:28:42 AM »
^^ I saw a few seconds too. I tried to grab the vcr remote control and I was late.  :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2006, 10:34:11 AM »
Got it , from my crappy cable

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2006, 10:40:47 AM »
<< who is that ? Joseph?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:11:39 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2006, 11:02:12 AM »
My little essay from yesterday got buried down below so I thought I would bring it up here:

The one thing we know for sure is that we now have only TEN teams and we start off at the Pacaembo Country Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brazil.  And we know that all the teams arrived at the pit stop before sunset which was at 7:25PM on November 8. I imagine that the first teams arrived in late afternoon (although it is cloudy so no positive sun shadows for Chateau to pin point the time) around 4:00PM.  Therefore the teams would be starting out around 4:00AM which would mean that it would be dark out since the sun rises at 6:16AM.

I am guessing that the teams may have to go to some location first to get the first route marker which would then take them to EDICIFIO COPAN in downtown Sao Paulo.  Here they run into their first ROADBLOCK which requires that one member of the team climb up the outside stairs and then rappel down a 500 ft wall.  We see Jo(seph), Ray, Jeremy, Desidee, Lisa or Joni, and Danielle doing the task and we can only assume that BJ/Tyler, Lake/Michelle, David/Lori , and Fran/Barry also complete the task.
(Another possiblity here is that some teams think they can beat waiting their turn for a slow moving elevator and decide to run up the outside stairs)

After the detour it looks like the teams all race to a bus station to catch a Santa Rita bus (No. 603) to BROTAS, SAO PAULO, BRAZIL a distance of about 257 KMs (or about 154 miles) so this means a trip of about 2 and a half hours. It looks like this is the first of many bunch points as we have the Beachboys, the Hippies, and the Double Dees joking around around the bus waiting for the other teams to arrive so that they all go together to Brotas..

Arriving in Brotas the teams perhaps face a DETOUR or perhaps they all have to do the same task. We have several possiblities here. Proceed to the AYALA ADVENTURE CENTER  for perhaps a Detour which would be either follow an acrobatic circuit or Verticalia across tree tips using zip lines, stairs, balance beams, etc. etc. OR proceed to SITIO BELA VISTA which is a waterfall park where the teams must ascend to the top.(No easy task!!!!!!) OR THEY MAY JUST HAVE TO LOCATE THE BELA VISTA WATERFALL PARK WHERE AYALA WOULD ASSIST THEM ON THE ASCENT.

Upon completing the DETOUR or TASK, the teams may proceed about 50 miles to PIRACICABA, SAO PAULO, BRAZIL.  Here they would have to locate the COPERSUCAR TECHNOLOGY CENTER.  Here they would have to grind sugar cane and produce the sugar syrup used in the production of ethanol. The actual fermentation process takes about 64 hours, so the teams may receive the actual ethanol fuel after grinding a certain quanity of cane. 

Putting the ethanol into their especially built Volkswagon Bugs which have been adapted to run on ethanol they set off for the pit stop. 

Just speculation here but the pit stop may actually be at another place known as SITIO BELA VISTA which is a wellknown coffee plantation which has been awarded the Brazil Cup of Excellence for its coffee.  This site lies just over the border in the state of Minas Gerais a distance of about 75 to 100 miles.  Since the roads in this part of the country are very confusing and not very well  marked it would be easy to get lost.  And it may be farther than some people think so they don't start off with enough ethanol fuel to reach their final destination.

We have a lot of holes and it would be certainly strange not to have a DETOUR TASK - I can't recall a single TAR ep without a Detour.  So if the detour does not entail a different task at Alaya Adventure Center or at the Ethanol research station, then it would be a strange one.  Of course, none of the teams may opt for the other task at Alaya so that is why we do not see one.

This could be a long day.  But the Capon Building may not be open to say 7:00AM.  The bus could leave around 9:30AM which would get them to Brotas at noon.  Off to the detour or waterfall climb task by 12:30.  Off to Piracucaba by 3:00PM.  Complete ethanol task by 5:00PM and then another hour to the pit stop arriving at 5:30 - 6:30PM.  Sunset is not until around 7:30PM

If anyone can fill in any of the holes here, please do.

Nothing new on TES except confirmation that someone is Philiminated tonight.

Note on the pix of Tyler running on Sao Paulo street that the sign signifiying that parking is allowed the "E" in a red circle is backward so this scene obviously has been reversed.  Why?  I have no idea.

Also that is a shot of Mo waiting for JO to complete the rappel.  The background is the same as one we have with Jeremy starting up the outside stairs on Edificio Capon.

Wild guess on who gets Philiminated - our lovely sisters Lisa and Joni
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 01:52:43 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2006, 11:04:38 AM »
Thanks Gman , I should have pinned it , sorry .  :kuss:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2006, 12:12:28 PM »
according to this interview:
http://www.advocate.com/exclusive_detail_ektid26436.asp
John bonded with Lisa and Joni. So the Frosties are next to go.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2006, 01:49:26 PM »
I think that it is Joseph of MO/JO fame; he is wearing the same black jacket he has on when we see him earlier in the stadium parking lot (?) with Monica who is wearing the same pick thing in the shot of her smiling at the foot of the outdoor stairs to the building roof where the rappelling takes place.

The shot of BJ coming out of the woods shows him completely dry.  So it looks like he did not ascend the waterfall (all the others are seen getting pretty wet) so did he do the other task at Ayala Adventure Center??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2006, 02:04:01 PM »
I wasn't sure if that was Jo, thanks Gman ..also I think the pics of BJ on the street is recycled because of the ruffled shirt but i'm not sure about the one with Yolanda running with sound & camara men in tow as well as Jeremy & Eric is recyled ? I havent had time to FF through my tape .
Off to the post office, hopefully some TAR clues in the new tvguide  :jumpy:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2006, 02:08:48 PM »
I wasn't sure if that was Jo, thanks Gman ..also I think the pics of BJ on the street is recycled because of the ruffled shirt but i'm not sure about the one with Yolanda running with sound & camara men in tow as well as Jeremy & Eric is recyled ? I havent had time to FF through my tape .
Off to the post office, hopefully some TAR clues in the new tvguide  :jumpy:

hurry back :jumpy: :bliss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2006, 02:38:01 PM »
Nothing too exciting , its all Ameican Idol hype  :knuckles:
It says the teams go to Russia, (DOH') , so heres to hoping that the tasks involve vodka & those furry hats ( no pictures )
but in the Cheers section a press picture we've already seen of BJ & Tyler

Cheers to amazing race for getting back on track after the boring debacle of the family addition ....
colorfull teams , especially goofball hippies BJ & Tyler , endearing nerds David & Lori and bodacious "Double-D's" Danielle & Dani .
Best of all , there are no screaming brats in the backseat .

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »
More flip-flopping. This site confirms what you'd know or guess by looking at the road sign: regulated parking. I'm not an editor, but I just don't see a huge difference between the correct aspect and the flip-flop.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2006, 08:35:40 PM »
So Puddin, there are no AOL previews this season? :'(  :meow:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2006, 08:42:51 PM »
I'm not an editor, but I just don't see a huge difference between the correct aspect and the flip-flop.

I think they often flip clips for promotions (much more often than they do for clips in the broadcast).

It could be just for aesthetics.  Someone might like the look of the action moving from left to right or vice versa depending on context of other clips included in the promo.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »
So Puddin, there are no AOL previews this season? :'(  :meow:

Not yet Sups ,,,but i check like 20 times a day!!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2006, 09:44:42 PM »
As far as the detour goes, could the turning sugarcane into ethanol be the other option? Some info on Brotas shows that agriculture is still their main economy and (I think) I found some sugarcane places around there -- almost every website is in Portuguese.

:woohoo: I was right about the detour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2006, 10:27:39 PM »
You were right Sups !!  :jumpy:

this was where I was confused , TPTB did good  to trick us :knuckles:

btw~ who said the Title ??

heres the thing , normally the clues are in order
do the teams drive the Beetles with the Ethanol to the pitstop ?
Or are the waterfalls last ?
Then teams drive to the pitstop where a teams battery dies ?
or is the team with the dead battery is ahead already causing other teams to wait at the falls while other teams pass them while they wait for the slowpokes to take their turn ?  :duh: :crazy:

clues
Teams are neck and neck as they scale a waterfall.
Frustration gets the best of one racer who has trouble operating a manual transmission .
On the way to the pitstop , one teams battery dies .

"I'm Filthy and I Love It" -- The three-time Emmy Award-winning reality adventure series is off to an Amazing start
as the Teams learn quickly about the toll this Race has on the mind and body.
One Racer breaks into tears after facing an extreme fear of heights while repelling down a 400-foot building,
While navigating through the picturesque land of Brazil, frustration gets the better of one racer who is lost and has trouble operating a manual transmission.
 During an intense challenge, some teams are neck and neck as they scale a waterfall while others are left watching as other teams pass them by

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2006, 11:23:36 PM »
I rewatched the show and didnt see this ....... ? my tape cut out ..did anyone see this ?

now we have this clue for a future challenge

Lake on a zip-line

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »
Monica says it on the way to the pit stop.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2006, 01:59:11 AM »
thanks Chateau  :waves:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2006, 07:24:59 AM »
This would be a HUGE faux pas on CBS' part, but could that pic of Lake ziplining be in Denver at the end of the race? Trying to think of where else we'd see rock formations like that... Thailand maybe?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2006, 07:30:33 AM »
That f------ Bert Van Munster shot in Sao Paulo state in Brazil have shot in 34 hours.