Author Topic: The TWIST 'n' the Timeline...  (Read 3688 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
The TWIST 'n' the Timeline...
« on: October 27, 2003, 02:51:49 AM »
Well Folks, I've been mulling over the Twist...trying to figure out how on earth it's going to play out and still stay on the normal Timeline of past seasons.

Unless the Twist is a ONE Episode event, it must be correlated with the normal Survivor Timeline...or so it seems to me!  ::)

Here's a couple of ideas:

Scenario 1:  The competitions eliminate X number of players completely from the game.  Instead of having TC(s), the challenges would get rid of SEVEN players this week?  (6 representing the 6 from Tribe3, PLUS 1 peep who would normally be booted.)  That way, the game would STAY w/in the normal Survivor timeline.

Scenario 2:  Three tribes compete.  Let's say Drake wins.  Morgan & Tribe3 lose.  The two losing tribes attend TC together with 11 people.  Instead of voting off ONE, they vote off FOUR, leaving 7 people from the two losing tribes.  Seven, PLUS 5 Drakes, begin Ep8 and the Merge with 12 people. At TC, instead of voting off ONE, they each vote off THREE.  They write down THREE names!  With 3 more booted, we're back on schedule as Ep9 begins with 9 peeps.  The one voted out in Ep9 is the 1st Jury member...and so on.

Am I way off the wall with these scenarios?

Does anyone have other ideas on how the Twist is going to work with the Timeline?  

Ok...my head is spinning from all this figuring! argh!

Now I must go do the Scurvy Dog Quiz, which is throwing me for a loop this week!!  :-\  ::)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re:The TWIST 'n' the Timeline...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 07:24:58 AM »
Wow, I have never heard it like that, and that is thinking outside of the box, and I think it could be a major possibility that it is the way it goes.

I could have never come up with that. Great thinking!

Those scenario's seem all likely, and would really throw a twist in the game!

Thanks
Rob

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 10:46:33 AM »
Hey,
Just a heads up.  This weeks episode is a 2 parter.  Meaning it will, a "to be continued" week.  Should be interesting to see.  Here are the show titles found at www.survivornews.net

7a What the...? (Part 1 of 2)      
7b One tribe hosts a wedding (Part 2 of 2)  
In the previews for next week you can see 3 tribes, blue, orange, and purple.  The purple tribe appears to be Nicole, Ryan S., Burton, Michelle, and Trish.

How this twist will work, I can't figure out, but I will try. LOL

Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 07:04:58 PM »
Thanks for the compliments, Rob & Snickers! :)

So Ep7 is in two parts. hmmm...I didn't know that and will go read about it now.  Thanks for the scoop!

Whatever the Twist involves, I'm sure it will have us all reeling!!  MB is good at that!   :o  No wonder Survivor has kept such a huge audience...Huh?!

I love the Piratetious (a word? :-\)
Survivor theme! 8)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 08:14:14 PM »
Hi roomies!! Yikes what a week ..There is so much to catch up on.. :o Thanks Rudyrules for the insight..hmmmm  ???It's going to be so hard to sort this all out..I've been lurking the spoilers and it looks like chaos??Here are some pictures from SNN..  
I love the Piratetious (a word? )Survivor theme!  ;D ;D ;D  
I could hardly wait :o

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 08:37:00 PM »
Puddin, Welcome back are you all rested?  I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 08:37:27 PM »
I seen some previews on CBS tonite that had Jeff saying "Someone may go home." They had said in that too that the people voted out come back, and this kinda tells me that there will be a "swap". If you loose the challenge, you are out, without going to tribal council, and a voted out person takes your place on the tribe.

If I was playing the game, and this happened, I would be very pissed off. I don't think it will make too many people playing the game very happy, no matter what the twist is!

Rob

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 08:49:22 PM »
Post & article below contain source spoilers... read at your own risk...

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=827

Ok folks... it has been at least partially spoiled...

One Chance to Get Back into the Game
Posted by: Survivor Phoenix on Oct 27, 2003 - 04:23 PM

SURVIVOR PHOENIX
October 27, 2003

TDT and Survivor Phoenix have learned (Angels comments: in other words, they have a source spoiler) that the Ghost Tribe will only get one chance to bring players back into the game.

As we reported earlier (see All Booted Players on Ghost Tribe), all of the players previously voted out of Survivor Pearl Islands will return to compete against the Drake and Morgan tribes for a chance to get back in the hunt for the $1 million bounty.

Read more...

As initially reported (see Ghost Tribe Competes), should the Ghost Tribe win, Drake and Morgan will have to vote out a player each. Since we have various spoilers of returning players, it is most likely that we will indeed see a Ghost Tribe win on Thursday.

We have also learned that if it wins the mega challenge, the Ghost Tribe will then vote 2 people back in to replace the newly booted players and that individual players cannot vote for themselves. With the Ghost Tribe comprised of an equal number of ex-Drakes and ex-Morgans, it is probable that the returning players will feature one from each tribe. Descriptions by various spoilers of returning players were said to fit best Lillian and Burton.

Thursday's 3 tribe mega-challenge features an escape-type challenge, as initially reported by Griffe in a post at Sucks. The challenge involves a race to free tribe mates from a series of enclosures, in a challenge reminiscent both of Thailand and Amazon. Run, dig under, crawl, untie, pull, dig, reach for key, unchain, win.

The previews for Episode 7 feature Jeff Probst calmly addressing Drake and Morgan players with a simple "Your past is come back to haunt you." Cue to the booted players emerging from the jungle under a purple tribal flag and sporting purple bandanas adorned with a skull & cross-bones logo. Clearly a jaw-dropping moment for the audience, not to mention for the players still in the game. For once, Mark Burnett's pre-season hyperbole does not disappoint.

On another note, good news for Rupertmania. We have reason to believe that Rupert should be around a bit longer. Still developing...

The comment here may be elluding to a poster at Survivor Sucks that claims that Ruperts wife went to Pearl Islands and returned very quickly, indicating that he may have been booted right before the family visit that they usually have towards the end.

Thread at sucks:

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16608.topic

I am less likely to believe this one, since it comes from someone who also posted a trish website glitch.  (Thread below)

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16579.topic

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 08:54:22 PM »
On another note, good news for Rupertmania. We have reason to believe that Rupert should be around a bit longer. Still developing...
Yippee!!!!!! :D Thanks Angel!!
Puddin, Welcome back are you all rested?
 lol........You've got to be kidding!! I'm the mom ;)