Author Topic: Reality TV Podcast #38 - Feb 15th, 2006  (Read 12124 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Reality TV Podcast #38 - Feb 15th, 2006
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:58:25 PM »
- Survivor
- Ashley Angel
- American Idol
- Clay Aiken
- The Apprentice
- Kind of all over the place at the end!
- Email us show@rffradio.com

Reality TV Podcast - The Longest Running Reality Television Podcast - DOWNLOAD NOW

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://shows.rffradio.com/ep38.mp3

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Reality TV Podcast #38 - Feb 15th, 2006
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »
Another good podcast.

Your right about the Ashley Angel thing, they should have showed the baby in like the first few minutes of the show because that's what the show was pretty much centered around before it was born. But..all in all, it's still a funny reality show.

I also think that the chat will be a GREAT addition to rffradio.com! I'd love to chat with some of the people on here, beside just on message boards.  ;D

P.S.-I don't like figure skating.
oXo Justine

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »
I wanted to get in and comment on the show also. This was my first Podcast I was able to listen almost as soon as you released it. You talk so much about the Ashley Angel show that I feel I should check it out. That's on MTV right? How many shows are even left in that series? Hey, I got two mentiones in the show! WOOT! You brought up the subject of classifying other reality type shows but I don't think hard-set categories were set in place. Perhaps that is something we can do here?

p.s. Rob, you commented on the weather you were having? Don't feel so bad, here in Wisconsin we got 6 inches and now we are having freezing rain, thunder and lightening, high winds, dogs sleeping with cats... Well okay, not the dogs sleeping with cats part, but the rest is true.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline darthlouis

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 10:42:35 AM »
This is my 2nd show and I find your show very entertaining. 

However, I find Trevor's laugh very annoying.

Keep up the good work.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 10:45:50 AM »
Yeah, Jeff, our weather still stinks here today! And Ashley is on MTV, monday nites, but not sure of the time, 9:30pm Central time, I think. Not sure!

Welcome to the board darthlouis!

Yes, I find Trevors laugh annoying too! LOL ;)

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 10:52:29 AM »
Phew, I didn't want to be the first one to mention this. (I'm sure I'm not). Not to detract from Trevor though, he's a great host. I think the laugh tends to grow on you a bit because it wasn't as annoying last night.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 11:06:59 AM by jeffreysg »

Offline darthlouis

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 10:58:12 AM »
Don't get me wrong, Trevor is a good host. Less forced laugh please.

I just checked out the new candidates for the Apprentice and you are right about the chin.  It does look like Peter from Family Guy.  BTW, their chins look like a part of the male anatomy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 11:18:21 AM by darthlouis »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 11:10:09 AM »
Trevor knows, and he also knows I am just joking! LOL

YES, Peter from the family guy, and yes, very much like the male anatomy!

Rob

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 12:35:34 PM »
Well I want to be the first one today to mention how much I LOVE Trevor's laugh. That was a good question though about categorizing Reality Shows. I never thought about how many shows could actually be considered Reality T.V.

Also..I was wondering if, Rob and Trevor, if you had any information about the upcoming season of Real World?
oXo Justine

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 12:36:34 PM »
Oh and one more question. Did you guys ever find anyone that had tried out for AI?
oXo Justine

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 12:43:02 PM »
Trevor is the Real World expert, and no, no AI people yet, but still on the lookout!

Rob

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »
Vintage, I always knew that I liked you.  Out of all the people on the board, you've always been one of my favorites.

I do know the scoops on Real World Key West.  We may have to have a preview segment so I can discuss it.  I got this from MTV:

MTV updated its website with information on the Key West cast. 

http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/realworld-season17/series.jhtml

Here are the cast bios:

Janelle, 23 -- San Jose, CA - Strong-willed and independent is how Janelle's friends describe her. This half-black, half-white beauty is not known to avoid confrontation - she's passionate and refuses to take crap from anyone. Janelle just added her recent graduation from University of San Jose to her list of accomplishments. However, Janelle is far from done with her education, and dreams of attending law school in the near future. In the meantime, she is ready to broaden her horizons, and what better place for that than the Real World? Will Janelle stumble for the first time in her life, or learn to lean on those around her?

John, 23 -- Fullerton, CA - With his chameleon-like ability to adapt to his surroundings, recent Penn State graduate John is the Real World's answer to Ferris Bueller. An unpredictable mixture of craftiness, charisma, intelligence and kindness, John more than lives up to his old nickname, "Johnny Bananas." But now that John's golden college years have passed, what's the next step? That's the place we will meet John at as he embarks on his Real World experience. Will this social butterfly find the direction he needs or will he continue to flounder as he revels in his glory days?

Jose, 20 -- Sunrise, FL - Picture the Brooklyn projects where 20-year-old Jose was raised, surrounded by drugs, violence and the influence of "the wrong crowd." Under those circumstances it would have been easy to fulfill his tyrannical father's prophecy that Jose would grow up to be just like him: another deadbeat failure with no future. But since Jose has never been one to take the easy road, we can flash forward to the present, where he is now in his junior year at Florida State University, the owner of multiple rental properties and the proud holder of his real estate broker license. Known to his friends as "The Don," Jose is sure to take the Real World house by storm with his natural leadership, suave nature and love of partying.

Paula, 24 -- Meriden, CT - Since her graduation from Quinnipiac University, Paula has become a corporate slave by day, but makes up for it by partying relentlessly at night. No shrinking violet, this striking girl demands the spotlight from both men and women. Confrontational, yet sensitive; bitchy, yet likeable; damaged, yet self-aware; attractive, yet insecure; Paula possesses a variety of personality traits. Seemingly caught in a downhill spiral, Paula is still connected to her abusive ex-boyfriend, and is battling body image issues. Paula is a wildcard to say the least. Chaos seems follows this beautiful young woman everywhere she goes, and the Real World house should prove to be no exception.

Svetlana, 19 -- Richboro, PA - As a nineteen year old pre-med student at Temple University, Svetlana has the reputation of being the "crazy Russian chick." While this buxom beauty is truly a confident fireball, she's also vulnerable and emotionally conflicted. Svetlana is torn between her dependency on her family, and the need to venture out and embrace all of life's adventures. As a first-generation immigrant, she's expected to live at home and work in the family restaurant. She does this instead of fulfilling her desire to live on her own, and have what she defines as a normal college experience. Let's see how Svetlana does as she finally gets her opportunity to leave the nest--and immerse herself in the Real World.

Tyler, 23 -- Minneapolis, MN - You either love him or hate him, but either way you'll have to admit that 23-year-old Tyler isn't afraid to "tell it like it is." This Midwest guy considers gossiping social commentary, his roommates' property his own, and anyone else's strife ridiculous compared to the adversities he has faced. Openly gay, Tyler was known for parading around his Tufts University campus in drag, sprinkling glitter on his fellow classmates. But there is more to Tyler than his flamboyant acts of vanity, selfishness and martyrdom. He is also a fantastic story teller, an accomplished athlete and a very intelligent kid who is just looking for attention and acceptance. Tyler must decide whether to use his gifts for good or evil as he dives head first into the Real World.

Zach, 22 -- Portland, OR - The proverbial nice guy you want to take home to mom, 22-year-old Zach is sensitive, good-looking and goal-oriented. As a senior studying Communications at Louis and Clark College, Zach has a world of opportunity waiting for him when he graduates. Born into a close-knit Jewish family, he comes from old money and old traditions. Things have not always been so easy for Zach, though. Until recently, he was regarded as the chubby nice guy. Since then, Zach has transformed himself and has emerged as a confident young man ready to take on the world. Zach's high energy and tendency to relentlessly "fix" everyone around him is sure to bring an interesting dynamic to a house guaranteed to be filled with roommates in need of some major repair.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Juniorholic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 08:26:38 PM »
I listened to the show today at work and couldn't help but laugh...which I got in trouble for, but oh well.  I download the show every week via ITunes and it's great to be able to catch up on the reality shows if I happen to miss them.

The Ashley Parker Angel show is like a train wreck...but you just keep watching because you can't tear yourself away. I even got my mom to watch it and she has no clue who he is. I have to watch every week just to see what he's going to do next. I was quite suprised that the baby wasn't shown until much later in the episode. Makes no sense to me. I have an 11 yr old boy and when he was a newborn, you hardly ever saw my ex-husband, my family or myself without him. Just odd...but then this is a show that features someone wiping his butt in the kitchen.  *** shakes head ***

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to next week's show! And by the way...I love Trevor's laugh!

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 08:34:45 PM »
Yeah Juniorholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, did I mention that I always get weak in the knees for DEI girls?
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Juniorholic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 08:39:54 PM »
Hahahaha!!! You a Nascar fan?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 08:53:02 PM »
A Junior Fan ..woohooooooooooooooooooooo
just had to welcome you Juniorholic   :yaya:

and,......... Trevor I *Heart* your laugh  :2hearts:

eta: welcome newbies  :hearts:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:53:42 PM by puddin »

Offline Juniorholic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 08:54:48 PM »
Thanks Puddin...yep...I'm a Junior fan and extremely proud of it!

Trevor's laugh is addicting!!! 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 10:20:32 PM »
Hard to forget I'd say.
Trevor! I'm just teasing ya man.  :jam:

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 10:21:59 PM »
 :jumpy: Thanks so much for the RW cast bios!

P.S.-Junior is a hottie.
oXo Justine

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »
A Junior Fan ..woohooooooooooooooooooooo
just had to welcome you Juniorholic   :yaya:

and,......... Trevor I *Heart* your laugh  :2hearts:

eta: welcome newbies  :hearts:

I love both Trevor AND Robs laugh.  Especially when Rob gets the giggles BIG time.  I find myself cracking up along w/you guys.

Keep the laughter up :lol: :rotf:

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »
I agree with you Reality Junkee. I'll be listening to the show on my ipod and all of a sudden they will start a laughing fit *such as...fisting... :groan: * and I'll just starting laughing, and the people around me look at me like I'm going crazy.
oXo Justine

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 10:51:06 AM »
The fisting thing is my favorite moment so far!! LOL

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 11:29:27 AM »
Yea, how could I forget that moment? I was like, "Is he (Trevor) joking?"

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »
The fisting thing is my favorite moment so far!! LOL

Rob

That is something that you can't get out of your mind for a VERY long time!!!  :umn: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Juniorholic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 03:43:11 PM »
I got yelled at while at work for uncontrollable laughter at the fisting comment. My boss threatened to take away my Ipod. She said I'm paid to type, not laugh. I really need to find a new job! LOL