Author Topic: Survivor vs. Dancing w/ the Stars - Last weeks Neilsons #'s  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Survivor vs. Dancing w/ the Stars - Last weeks Neilsons #'s
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »
Rank   Program Name                     Net   Day   Time           Rating/Share     Audience          Viewers
10   DANCING WITH THE STARS     ABC   Thu   8:00 PM         12.3/18.0          13,525,000   18,834,000
11   SURVIVOR:PANAMA-EXILE IS.  CBS    Thu    8:00 PM       10.7/16.0   11,752,000    19,195,000

:meow:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor vs. Dancing w/ the Stars - Last weeks Neilsons #'s
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
'Dancing with Stars' steps on toes of 'Survivor'

By Steve Gorman
Fri Feb 10, 9:00 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - ABC gained some noteworthy traction in Thursday's prime-time ratings race as "Dancing with the Stars" became the first show since "Friends" to draw more viewers than "Survivor" in head-to-head competition.

The 90-minute broadcast of ABC's sizzling celebrity dance contest averaged a season-high 20 million viewers, with 19.2 million tuning in to the first hour directly opposite "Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island" on CBS, Nielsen Media Research reported on Friday.

"Survivor" ran a close second in its time period with 18.8 million viewers overall but reigned supreme in the 8 o'clock hour among viewers aged 18 to 49, the audience most coveted by advertisers.

The show, an outdoor game of elimination featuring contestants roughing it in picturesque but physically challenging locations, is in its 12th edition.

CBS continued to dominate the night as a whole, posting the top three shows in 18-49 ratings -- "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," "Survivor" and "Without a Trace" -- and the two most-watched shows overall -- "CSI" and "Trace" (27.4 million viewers, and 20.3 million viewers, respectively).

"Dancing with the Stars," which debuted as a summertime hit last year and returned to the ABC lineup in January, ranked No. 3 for the night in total viewers.

While trailing the latest edition of "Survivor" in the 18-49 race, "Dancing" stomped three NBC comedies that air during the same hour and a half -- "Will & Grace," "Four Kings" and "My Name is Earl."

The struggle for Thursday night supremacy has long been a key battleground in the U.S. prime-time ratings war -- a highly lucrative TV night in which advertisers spend lavishly to reach a young, affluent audience.

NBC, a unit of General Electric Co., once dominated Thursdays with its "Must-See-TV" lineup but fell on hard times after mega-hit comedy "Friends" ended its 10-year run in May 2004.

Since then, CBS has lorded over Thursday nights, but "Dancing with the Stars" on Walt Disney Co.-owned ABC is the first series opposite "Survivor" to score a bigger audience than the CBS reality hit in the post-"Friends" era.

The series features B-list celebrities, including veteran actor George Hamilton, retired football player Jerry Rice and professional female wrestler Stacy Keibler, paired with professional dance partners in ballroom competition

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 10:33:06 PM »
wow that is interesting.  I saw the first dancing with the stars and enjoyed it but I don't have time to watch this edition.  I guess you can say Dancing with the Stars is sort of like survivor but the challenges are not as hard except to avoid a costume malfunction. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 11:09:15 AM »
Personally, I think this was just a fluke. I don't see Dancing With the Stars seriously giving Survivor for an extended period of time. I guess we'll have to see. If I'm wrong though, I promise I'll begin to start watching 'Dancing With the Star's, but for now I have no interest in it.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 11:22:27 AM »
DWTS has only a couple more weeks. so I don't think it'll hurt S12 in any way shape or form.  :flirt:
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 12:59:51 PM »
American Idol will also be on Thursdays @ 8 starting next week , the 23rd , so it will be Survivor~vs~DWTS~vs~ AI , I know what i'm watching  :bow:  !

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 01:17:04 PM »
I have my DVR set for Survivor and AI. Now I'm glad I did not get into DWTS because that is too much Thursday TV viewing for me.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 01:05:56 PM »
American Idol will also be on Thursdays @ 8 starting next week , the 23rd , so it will be Survivor~vs~DWTS~vs~ AI , I know what i'm watching  :bow:  !

WHAT????  When did this happen?  First The Apprentice opposite "24" and now this?  Those TV execs are gonna get it :knuckles: