Author Topic: EP 4 Title~"Starvation and Lunacy""  (Read 11570 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 4 Title~"Starvation and Lunacy""
« on: February 08, 2006, 12:31:40 PM »

"Survivor - Exile Island: Ep4 "Starvation and Lunacy""
Survivor: Exile Island
Episode 4

"Starvation and Lunacy"

Thursday, Feb. 23, 8pm E/P

CBS

thanks to HaroldBalzaccio

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: EP 4 Title~"Starvation and Lunacy""
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 12:34:03 PM »
Can you tell us anymore about this episode?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »
wish I could RJ .. I dont even have EP3 details yet  :lol:

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 05:16:34 PM »
Anyone else annoyed at the really lame episode titles?

"Lunacy" for ep 4 and  "Crazy Fights" in ep 3..... Makes me wonder why Probst liked this cast so much... and said they were refreshing compared to last season.   I think he was bull****tin'.  :flirt:  :knuckles:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:19:54 PM by MrsKutz »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 05:26:39 PM »
Mrs Kutz  :waves: ( missed you )

Makes me wonder why Probst liked this cast so much... and said they were refreshing compared to last season

Makes me wonder too , obviously Jeff was disgusted that they older gals voted off their strongest player  :meow: , so was I .
Mainly i'm interested in Terry ..can't wait to see what hes really about ( I think hes so handsome in a Tom Weston sort of way  :flirt: )

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »
puddin, I'm telling your BF!!!   :flirt: 
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 07:24:53 PM »
It's OK Swanee my BF was in the Marines so he totally understands my infatuation  :lol:

Offline Mike-e

• " Just Jack "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can't out-run these 3 crazy women...
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 08:05:11 PM »
It's OK Swanee my BF was in the Marines so he totally understands my infatuation  :lol:

I was never in the Marines...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 09:20:35 PM »
Yeah but your Mike-e  :-* , whats not to love ?

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 12:16:09 PM »
:hearts:  mike-e too.   :-[

the title sounds like it's going to be a fun episode. maybe they'll try to eat something interesting.

(editted to add) oops, just noticed next week's title. looks like the interesting meal is snakes next week.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Nicole

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 05:25:44 PM »
:hearts:  mike-e too.   :-[

the title sounds like it's going to be a fun episode. maybe they'll try to eat something interesting.

(editted to add) oops, just noticed next week's title. looks like the interesting meal is snakes next week.

Makes me wonder if Shane is going to go bonkers in this episode. Seems as though he's 1/2way there already..
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 08:34:54 PM »
LaMina on verge of starvation
Austin: 10 days in, nothing really to eat
At Casaya, friction rattles alliance of four
Danielle: What are you talking about??
Shane: Everyone here won't tell you, they are afraid of telling you the truth

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 12:20:14 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »
Promos up ! vidcaps later :yaya:
realone link

http://cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay2.pl?type=ram&id=18886

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 01:58:55 PM »
Okay just saw the preview.... Danielle looks like she has a shovel...Win an reward challenge?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 02:04:50 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 10:32:22 AM »
A Banished Castaway Thrives on Exile Island Next Week on Survivor: Panama  2/17/06

A BANISHED CASTAWAY THRIVES ON EXILE ISLAND, ON "SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND," THURSDAY, FEB. 23

"Starvation and Lunacy" -- A banished castaway thrives on Exile Island, on SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND, Thursday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In a surprising change of events, a banished castaway thrives on Exile Island while the rest of their tribe struggles for food and fire back at camp. The excitement over winning a Reward Challenge immediately causes a stir within the tribe when one survivor contaminates their prized possession.

Constant bickering and shouting matches between tribe members leaves one castaway regretting their alliance with, what they consider, a "bunch of lunatics." After the last Tribal Council, one castaway begins to worry they too may be in danger. Will their strong efforts and competitive nature be enough to keep them in the game?

And, the fourth member is voted out of the tribe.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 02:52:50 AM »
Corvis has updated

Panama Confessional Analysis, Episode 3

Well, this episode had a more normal amount of confessionals. Perhaps last episode's dearth of confessionals was just a one time thing. Let's see what we have...

La Mina

Sally - 2D, 1T/1D, 2T/4D = 3T/7D
Terry - 1T, 2T, 3T/1D = 6T/1D
Austin - 2T, 1D, 1T/3D = 3T/4D
Nick - 1D, 1D, 2T/1D = 2T/3D
Dan - 1T, 1D, 1T = 2T/1D
Ruth Marie - 1T, 0T, 1T = 2T

Misty - 2T/1D, 0T, 1T/2D = 3T/3D

Casaya

Shane - 1T/1D, 3T/3D, 2D = 4T/6D

Cirie - 2T/3D, 2D, 1D = 2T/6D

Courtney - 3T, 3D, 1T/1D = 4T/4D

Danielle - 2T/1D, 1D, 0T = 2T/2D

Bruce - 0T, 2T, 3T/1D = 5T/1D

Aras - 1T, 0T, 1T/1D = 2T/1D

Bobby - 1T, 0T, 2T = 3T

Melinda - 1T/1D, 2D = 1T/3D
Tina - 3T/1D
At La Mina, Sally appears to be in the most danger with seven Ds. Austin and Nick aren't looking too good either. In fact, Austin had a big negative confessional jump, with three Ds. Ruth Marie is getting the older-woman-who-makes-it-really-far edit, with only a few confessionals, and, significantly, no Ds. Based on confessional analysis, Terry has Final Four written all over him. It's hard to get a handle on Dan. I thought he was doomed last episode and that didn't happen. He does have the same confessional breakdown that Misty had after episode two, so who knows, maybe he's up next.

At Casaya, Shane and Cirie are in danger. I think if Casaya goes to TC, the story will be whether the alliance holds together and boots Cirie or breaks apart and boots Shane. I am thinking it's going to be Shane going home if they hit TC next week. Bobby has yet to get a T, the only Casaya without one. He appears to be safe. Bruce and Aras also appear safe. Danielle and Courtney aren't looking great, but they are most likely okay for another episode.

I am trying to figure out who makes the merge and who goes soon, but even with three episodes down, it's hard to say. Let's go with...

Terry (easy choice based on CA)
Ruth Marie (she's getting a Mamakim vibe)
Austin (either he or Nick makes it, but not both)
Dan (don't feel good about this one)
Bruce (he's got the Ts!)
Bobby (no Ds yet...)
Cirie (this is based more on gut than CA)
Aras (he strikes me as someone who has a bigger story coming later on)
Danielle (process of elimination at this point)
Courtney (process of elimination at this point)

Which means Shane, Nick, and Sally are the next three boots in some order. I'll guess Sally, Nick and finally Shane just misses the merge.

Who's in danger based on confessional analysis:

Shane
Cirie

Sally
Nick
Austin

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 07:21:20 PM »
let me try to catch up ........

From TDT

Reward challenge: Outhouse building? - Casaya wins food? 
As Wickchix posted at Sucks before the show started, one tribe starved for 10 days, one for 12. So we'd guess that this week, one of the tribes will win a food reward, since both seem fairly incompetent at actual foraging. We've been told that Dan's tribe is the one that starves for 12 days. So Casaya must win the RC.

Also, in the post-Ep3 preview, Danielle is shown in camp with a shovel (below, bottom row), which as far as we know, Casaya didn't have prior to this episode. So presumably a shovel is part of the reward. As far as actual challenge caps go, not much to work with. Two are featured in the web promo, one appears to be on dry land, the other in the water. There's an unhappy reaction shot from Dan and a (jubilant?) shot of Aras splashing Bobby, both with similar backgrounds. Those could be the challenge. If La Mina is as starving as they claim, Dan's reaction would fit well with a loss here, especially if food is involved.

As for what the challenge might be, we like ts2's suggestion at MeSS (based on the CBS clue "The excitement over winning a Reward Challenge immediately causes a stir within one tribe, as a tribemate contaminates a prized possession") : Building a latrine. As aka Ives points out at MeSS, a structure appears to be visible in Casaya's camp behind Shane, and it would explain the presence of a shovel in camp. And we note that Ep4 is exactly where this RC occured in Palau. And since every other challenge appears to be stolen from Palau, seems like a good fit.

Exile: Someone from La Mina (Terry?) finds the idol? 
If Casaya gets to choose, Terry would be an obvious target here. Dan or Terry would seem like a logical candidate for someone who could thrive alone on the island.

Also, the web promo claims "Something happens on Exile Island that changes the game forever." We can only think of two things there. (1) Someone dies. But that doesn't really fit the CBS claim of "thriving," now, does it? So it's more likely (2) someone finds the hidden immunity idol. Wickchix claimed that "the pilot finds it" (at some point). Sounds like a reasonably good match here. 

Immunity challenge: Tiles in the water - Casaya wins? 
Lots of diving shots. No guarantee that this is the IC, of course.. The web promo implies this is the closest challenge finish ever, and you'd think they'd only build that up if it were an IC, because a close RC loss doesn't mean all that much. The challenge itself appears to involve (from the shots of Danielle and Aras) recovering large, tile-like objects. Danielle is hoisting hers onto the dock, for what that's worth.

As for who wins, assuming the Exile Island excitement is the finding of the idol, you'd think the same tribe that loses the RC (and sends someone to Exile Island) would probably lose the IC as well, for that "drama" to be an issue. Although technically the "mystery" of whether Misty found the idol or not ought to have been played up last week as well. But anyway, we'll go with a narrow Casaya win here.

BOOT: Ruth Marie? 
Not much to go on here. But Ruth Marie seems like the obvious pick. Probst spoke pre-game about her having problems if she starved for a while ("That's what worried me about her going into it is: if they don't find a way to eat will she be able to keep her stamina up"), and that seems to be in effect in this episode. She was the alternate boot for her tribe in the previous episode, and there's nothing to suggest that would change this week. We think Dan makes it through this episode, but we were wrong about him last week, and could easily be wrong again this week.

The main option on the other tribe would appear to be Bobby, the only Casaya person we see going pre-jury. But he's been a major asset in the challenges, so we're not sure why he'd be booted now, instead of Cirie, Shane or Courtney. So Ruth Marie seems a more likely Ep4 bootee.

Offline Lateralus

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 07:23:54 AM »
Hi  :yaya:

Long time reader...first time poster. You guys are awsome!! Was just wondering, is HaroldBalzaccio gonna be posting more spoilers??

He had it dead on!!

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 08:18:40 AM »
Harry had a media copy any one with that can hit it dead on.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 10:16:43 AM »
CJ, I think Lateralus is just asking if Harry is going to get any more media copies anytime soon.  I know I'd appreciate it for the cBS Fantasy Game, but I think Harry mentioned that he'd try to get at least one each of Amazing Race, Survivor, & the Apprentice.

I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 10:26:07 AM »
Yeah and Harry was flamed and took a beating for posting a 100% spoiler dead on , some of those peeps @ sucks are just tards .......even if Harry gets another copy I wouldnt blame him if he didn't want to share .

:yaya: Lateralus  :hithere:

Offline Lateralus

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes  ;D You guys are so nice here. I've joined other forums and they aren't so nice....lol.

I saw all the posts flaming him. :'(

But isn't that what the spoiler threads are all about?? lol