Author Topic: "He's a Lady"  (Read 14294 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"He's a Lady"
« on: August 30, 2004, 09:29:15 PM »
Just read this @ TV Guide on line

WHAT A DRAG: TBS has announced an Oct. 12 debut for He's a Lady, a reality
show in which 11 macho men compete to see who's the most ladylike.
Contestants, who will be tested in such areas as wedding planning,
supermodeling and bridesmaid etiquette, will be eliminated weekly by celeb
judges Morgan Fairchild, Debbie Matenopoulos and Best Damn Sports Show
Period's John Salley. One lucky dude will walk off with $250,000 following a
beauty-pageant finale that promises to be only slightly less terrifying than
last May's Swan climax..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 09:28:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: "He's a Lady"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 08:58:34 PM »
I totally missed the first episode   :-\

Recap From ~KnoxNews

'He's A Lady' cooked up a surprise for its participants
By DAVE MASON
October 15, 2004

The men who will star on Tuesday's premiere of the reality show "He's A Lady" (10 p.m., ET/PT, TBS) were surprised to find that what they must do is dress like women - right down to the high heels.

But they became better men for it, according to judge Morgan Fairchild.

"I think a lot of the guys learned a lot," she said. "They became much more aware of how men judge women (according to their appearance). Along the way, they wished people would look at their character."

And the men are now more understanding of the time their wives or girlfriends must take to get ready before leaving home, Fairchild said. "It's not just sympathy for women. It's more empathy."

Donnell (no last name given), a fitness trainer from Atlanta, said becoming "Raven Nightshade" taught him about empathy.

"I thought I was a sensitive guy before, but I was giving myself way too much credit," he said in a TBS press release. "Now I understand that if she needs a minute, she probably needs 20 to 30 minutes. And now I understand why women need so many shoes. One pair of shoes only goes with two outfits."

On "He's A Lady," 11 men think they are setting out to compete in physical and mental challenges for $250,000 on a show called "All American Man."

Instead, they find that they've temporarily left their girlfriends and wives for a reality show that requires them to live like women. That means dealing with high heels, bras and jewelry and body waxing.

After they lived together in "The Doll House," the series required them to go back to their hometowns and face their family and buddies, again dressed as women. They also had to go out in public in their new roles.

"That's brave," Fairchild said.

The men also became bridesmaids in a real wedding. And they received training from supermodel Frederique.

"They had to bake a pie," Fairchild said. She chuckled. "I don' t know how to bake a pie."

Of course, the series will end with a pageant for the participants - whose hometowns include Birmingham, Ala., San Diego, Las Vegas and Denver, and whose professions ranged from baseball coach to investment banker, to mechanic.

In addition to Fairchild, the judges are John Salley ("The Best Damn Sports Show Period") and Debbie Matenopoulos ("Good Day Live"). The host is Tony Frassrand.

"I think a lot of the guys were really cute" in their new fashions, Fairchild said. "Some of them are very pretty girls. Some of them aren't."

But Fairchild said each man's character mattered more to her than the beauty.

"The guys are so dear," Fairchild said. "As you got to know them, it became difficult to vote them off."

"They were really, really good sports."

(Distributed by Scripps Howard News Service, http://www.shns.com)