Author Topic: NEW TAR commercial  (Read 76865 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: NEW TAR commercial
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2006, 09:53:37 AM »
mwooden ..I think its the same plane even the shadows match

Amazing race 6 premiere promo ( thanks for finding this for me Kogs )

http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com/clips/optimized/AR6PromoAds.WMV

LOL they use the same plane footage for TAR9 , at least it looks the same to me  ;D

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2006, 10:02:49 AM »
OK maybe we called it to quick ..as Neobie pointed out Boingo's building has a Green helipad and the vidcap from the promo shows a blue one  ??? odd because most of the helipads that I see in Sao Paulo are blue except for the Emporis building ( go figure ) ..I'm just googled earthed right now to look .

Thanks y'all.  I'm quite sure the long rectangular building with the helipad (and antenna) is the São Luís Gonzaga building, and that matches at least one of the vidcaps.  Not sure where the term "Emporis Building" came from.

The second helipad vidcap is a little tougher to find.  Appears to be a lot closer to the ground. I'm working on a possible candidate, but it's a long shot.  Also, don't forget, the Google Earth database of pictures is at least 3 years old, so matching exactly won't be easy.  Glad I could help.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:14:54 AM by Boingo »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2006, 10:14:57 AM »
Yeah, maybe you're right Puddin. I wonder why they didn't just use the Varig plane here or another shot from this season. They definitely use stock plane footage every season - I wonder if there's a reason they would use stock Icelandair footage for this season.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2006, 10:23:47 AM »
 :lol: maybe they spent to much money on TAR9  ?? now thats what I'm talking about !!

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 10:34:16 AM »
They had a little to burn after blowing a whole 50 bucks to put TAR8 teams up in a trailer park.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2006, 10:36:44 AM »
 :lol: no kidding mwooden LOL ! At least TAR8 , to me , had the best cast of characters ..it wouldn't have been right in the world had we not met the Linzes , Bransens , Paolos to name a few teams  :hearts:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2006, 10:37:45 AM »
what is this "TAR8" you speak of.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2006, 10:47:41 AM »
I hear TAR10 is going to be all kids under the age of 12 racing around Des Moines.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2006, 10:51:52 AM »
*GROAN*

:lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2006, 10:54:21 AM »
Teal=sarcasim

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2006, 06:53:17 PM »
Just in case you were wondering what those strange markings were on the helipads... :-\

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2006, 09:31:02 PM »
Helipads can be repainted and marked again, but the roof construction of Gonzaga looks like a spot-on match for one of the caps; I think Boingo's got it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2006, 09:39:26 PM »
Helipads can be repainted and marked again, but the roof construction of Gonzaga looks like a spot-on match for one of the caps; I think Boingo's got it.

I'll be damned Slowhatch ..I never thought of paint  :ron: the match is perfect !

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »
It's number 23 in your grouping Puddin!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2006, 02:31:01 PM »
It looks like we now have identified at least six teams who have been seen waiting for, or in, or leaving helicopters on two different roof tops and at what probably is the Campo de Marte airfield in Sao Paulo (or as a very long shot - well a 500 mile long shot - at the airport in Puerto Alegre).

So what does it mean?

Just going from one place to another? If so then why two different takeoff spots?

So could it be a task (detour perhaps) of locating specific places, things or TAR banners and then delivering that information to the operations chief at the Campo de Marte site to receive the next clue.  We see at least two teams with both yellow envelopes and sheets of paper in their hands during this exercise.

Any ideas of what it all means?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2006, 03:25:10 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing, Gingerman28.  It may be true that the buildings/helipads are merely the transit points between tasks.  So that's why I started concentrating on what attarctions Sao Paulo has to offer (other than the Samba).

Here's what I gleened from the vidcap locations:
  • The São Luís Gonzaga building is located on Av. Paulista, considered by some to be the main drag in Sao Paulo, and near the biggest financial/business center of South America.
  • MASP (Museu de Arte de São Paulo) art museum and Trianon Park are the main sights of Paulista Av.

Sao Paulo is also known for it's "shopping".  Sao Paulo’s "Daslu" is Latin America’s most glamorous and exclusive shopping experience. The new store has a helicopter pad so according to the store’s managing Director their customers “don’t even have to look at anyone on the street”.

So, it's possibly dancing, shopping, and museums.  Where have we seen these tasks before?  I wonder.......

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2006, 03:47:11 PM »
just uploaded a clearer promo #2 in .mpg format
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=447144

from my new uploaded video, this is the best I can capture

edit:

how do they go to Red Rocks? by truck? Check out the lower left corner of the vidcap. Lake is sitting next to Double D.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 03:58:17 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2006, 10:58:32 PM »
I dont know how you do that Banzai !!  :jumpy:

and Boingo again welcome to the forum !!

<< Desiree holding a blue ??

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2006, 10:32:13 AM »
From Banzai's super sharp video:  I think the skiers are Fran & Barry, maybe pre-race video considering their home location.

Ray & Yolanda are tag #4
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:49:52 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »
Nice Chateau !
an article on Franknberr~y

Ski bums. That's partly because Silverthorne offers soon-to-be retirees an active lifestyle filled with skiing in the winters and hiking and biking in the summers plus a vibrant social circle. The lifestyle is attractive to younger retirees, like Fran Lazarus and her husband, Barry, who retired eight years ago in their early 50s. The two discovered Silverthorne on a ski trip shortly after they stopped working and fell in love with all the area had to offer. Now living full time in Summit County, just outside town, the Lazaruses are involved with the Over the Hill Gang International, a ski group for older adults. They also host potlucks and go hiking with other retirees. "We feel like it's a new passage, a new rite of life," says Fran.

source~
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/articles/050613/13where_2.htm

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2006, 04:24:51 PM »
Just a guess about the intro vehicles (DoubleD and Lake):

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
Could the Continental Square Faria Lima Office be the building behind Lisa and Joni in the helicopter scene?

Some things I found similar are the black windows (jutting out) framed by a white block, the triangular annex (on the left in the cap, on the right in the photo) and the teeny circular helipad on top. Also, the building next to/behind the Office is brown with a white section inserted into its side, matching the Caesar Business Hotel. In the vidcap, there's a building between the two big ones in the foreground, and it's the same one in the second photo.

Found Continental Square and Caesar Business Hotel on Google Earth (phew!) but here's multiple choice time! The problem I'm facing now is the orientation. The helipad and tower directions don't match; it seems like CBS has reversed the video? There are no helipads south of (D).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 08:38:47 PM by Neobie »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
 :jumpy: Yeah! Neobie found second helipad on mystery buiding (D). Orientation is correct, matches vidcap view.

By the way, Faria Lima section has lots of shopping centers.  Daslu is only .5 miles directly west of buildings location.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:00:33 PM by Boingo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2006, 10:29:18 PM »
Neobie, you are right on!  Inverted picture and all. 

Here is the shot of Monica (not with Joe) re-inverted and your building in the background.

Google Earth gives the heliopad location.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:11:24 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2006, 10:40:44 PM »
We still have to find this one of Eric & Jeremy (my guess).

I don't think it is a rectangular pad after all.  It looks that way due to the low angle of view.

I counted the ribs on the protective screen that hangs on the perimeter and they are the same on each side!