Author Topic: What do you think of the new Race Teams?  (Read 3413 times)

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
What do you think of the new Race Teams?
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:57:37 PM »
ok my initial thoughts on each team. these are just off the top of my head and in no way related to any spoiling. i've only read the bios that puddin so handily posted.

Lake and Michelle - Married Parents from Hattiesburg, Mississippi

personality differences = big meltdowns. little travel experience, middle of the pack at best. could go out really early

Dani and Danielle - Childhood Friends from Staten Island, New York

will obviously use their looks to charm anyone and everyone. middle of the pack finish if they also use their brains. could also go sooner than later.

BJ and Tyler - Best Friends who are World Travelers and call no place home

i'm either going to love or loathe these guys. they've travelled a lot and speak other languages. that should give them an edge. they should be in it for the long haul. final 3 at the least. i think that they'll be underestimated by the other teams because of how they look and they will play to that.

Ray and Yolanda - Who Are Dating. Ray is from Chicago, Illinois and Yolanda is from Gainesville, Florida

strong and smart, in it for the long haul but watch out for fatal mistakes. could be final 4 or even 3.

John and Scott - Best Friends. John is from Boston, Massachusetts and Scott is from Cape Cod, Massachusetts

john has a fear of flying? yeah, they're not in it for the long. expect a major fear attack if they go very far. the exhaustion will take an early toll on this team

David and Lori - Dating Couple from Manhattan, Kansas

the self proclaimed nerds. i have a feeling that i will be rooting for them but they goof and go 2nd or 3rd. like amanda and chris did a few seasons ago. also being highlighted in early previews is not a good sign.

Jeremy and Eric - Best Friends from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

alpha male team. if they don't screw up, are final 3 bound at the least. could also be a strong 4th or 5th place as we've seen in recent seasons.

Fran and Barry - Married for Over 40 Plus Years from Summit County, Colorado

well traveled, smart, in shape, i love them! could be dark horse winners. could also be the sad 4th place finishers. but they should be final 4 at least. i think they'll be my heart pick.

Joni and Lisa - Sisters. Joni lives in Katy, Texas and Lisa is from Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

lived apart too long, early out. highlighted in the early previews is not a good sign. no plastic surgery for them. likely first gone.

Joseph and Monica - Dating Couple from Fayetteville, Arkansas

meh, middle of the pack. may be too cute. broke up and got back together is not always a good thing.

Wanda and Desiree - Mother and Daughter. Wanda lives in Smyrna, Georgia and Desiree resides in New York City

smart and look in decent shape, middle of the pack as well but may place higher.

so my early predictions:

final 3:
BJ and Tyler
Fran and Barry
Jeremy and Eric

middle/later
Ray and Yolanda
Wanda and Desiree

middle/early
Dani and Danielle
Joseph and Monica
Lake and Michelle
John and Scott

early:
David and Lori
Joni and Lisa
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »
And here are my early predictions:

final 3:
Ray and Yolanda
Jeremy and Eric
Joseph and Monica

middle/later:
BJ and Tyler
Wanda and Desiree
Lake and Michelle

middle/early
Fran and Barry
John and Scott

early:
David and Lori
Joni and Lisa
Dani and Dani

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:11:15 PM »
All right, so let's start filling in teams for the info we've had...

The athletic guys in the Anchorage airport, gotta be Jeremy and Eric -- they're probably final 3. What else did we have? A desperate couple in Adelaide (probably a guy-girl team)...

Also, my take on order of finish FWIW...

11. Lake & Michelle
10. John & Scott
9. Wanda & Desiree
8. Danielle & Dani
7. Lisa & Joni
6. David & Lori
5. BJ & Tyler
4. Fran & Barry
3. Ray & Yolanda
2. Eric & Jeremy
1. Joseph & Monica

I reserve the right to change my mind up to 75 times from now through the conclusion of the show.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: What do you think of the new Race Teams?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »
final 3:
Jeremy and Eric
Joseph and Monica
BJ and Tyler

middle/later:
Fran and Barry (4th place syndrome?)
Lake and Michelle
Dani and Dani

middle/early
Ray and Yolanda
Wanda and Desiree
John and Scott

early:
David and Lori
Joni and Lisa

That's my story and I'm NOT sticking to it!! :jiggy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: What do you think of the new Race Teams?
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:46:38 AM »
reposting this here~

Here are my views on the teams.

I will Start with GIRL TEAMS!

1. Danielle and Danielle:  Some say they will fall in the hot girl curse(2nd eliminated).  1. That doesnt exist its the Roomates curse all Kim and Lesie, Meredith and Maria, and Megan and Heidi's relationship was roomates. So with that i think they will go down the same lines as Kami and Karli just do alot better than them(in the way they wont be second to last almost every leg)  But i can see then potentially final five or three.

2. Lisa and Joni:  I dont will they be the next bowling moms or the next Peggy and Claire.  I will have to go with the next (more happy though) Peggy and Claire.

3. Wanda and Deseree: If anyone would fall into the second team eliminated i think it would be them.  They look like they were in shape and from the preview way back when (team 10 remember) they would have been my pic to win, but i was turned off by there CBS pick, i really just dont see them going far.  Even in the commercial they look good, but so did Megan and Heidi and look what happened to them. 

The Guy teams:

1. Eric and Jeremy: Nothing to say but why does the AR still cast teams like them, i think they are boring. Will prolly do good i mean the worst place a young male male team has ever come in was 6th and i only think two male male young in shape team havnt made the final three.  So chances are with them being in at least the final three. Unfortunally. 

2. John and Scott: Look like a Lynn and Alex but wont do nearly as good as they did.

3. BJ and Tyler:  They seem very unique, i dont think we have ever seen something like them before. I think they are going to be either the fun forth place team, or could be the next Bill and Joe, but i am leaning toward the fun team.

Girl/Guy Teams
1. Joe and Monica: Why they were casted i dont know, could be the next Kris and Jon, who were boring and the only reason KJ were so liked was because everyone else was not liked. I am hopeing they are either a Deniss and Erika or Ali and Donny so some of the more interesing teams go far.  Why they casted a good looking couple was not needed when Dani and Dani  and Erik and Jeremy are hot enough.

2. Lake and Michelle: Heard he is a jerk and her family is not very well liked so i think they will be the nasty team and go out like Ray and Deana or Jon and Victoria.

3. Ray and Yolanda: She looks like Hera, his name is Ray whats in common Hera and Ray from previous racers came in 7th place, maybe more than just coincidence?

4. David and Lori: dont know what to say but i got a impression of Ryan and Chuck from the preview, but they actually got noticed in the preview(along with Dani and Danielle).  In AR7 pre after AR6 i belive the only teams that got noticed were Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly and look how far they went. So prolly around for a while.  Teams that get eliminated early usually are non existent in previews.

5. Fran and Barry: Get a huge Meredith and Gretchen and Teri and Ian vibe from them.  But they can also fall into Don and Mary Jean or the couple from season one that just loose becuase of luck or just getting lost.
I just hope female teams arent handicaped by going to the middle east.
My Race Predictions:
11th: John and Scott
10th: Wanda and Desiree
9th: Lisa and Joni
8th: Fran and Barry
7th: Ray and Yolanda
6th: Lake and Michelle
5th: David and Lori
4th: BJ and Tyler
Third: Joe and Monica
Second: Erik and Jeremy
Winners: Danielle and Danielle

Come on Girls have got to pull this off for once.  Godlewskis and Linda and Karen in forth place.  the Godlewski's broke the first place barrier for women(comming in first more than just once they did it THREE Times).  Its just calling for a girl team to win.  If its not going to be Danielle and Dani then i guess its Wanda and Desiree.