Author Topic: Joseph & Monica ~Philiminated !  (Read 16131 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Joseph & Monica ~Philiminated !
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:17:41 PM »
Name: MONICA CAYCE Occupation: Student Age: 23 Hometown: Fayetteville, Ark.

Name: JOSEPH MEADOWS Occupation: Homebuilder

(More) Age: 23 Hometown: Fort Smith, Ark.

Relationship: DATING

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 09:22:46 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Joseph & Monica ~Dating
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:38:27 PM »
Arkansans On "The Amazing Race"

An Arkansas couple are among the 11 teams selected to compete in the CBS reality show, "The Amazing Race.".

Joseph Meadows of Fort Smith and his girlfriend, Monica Cayce of Fayetteville will race around the world in hopes of winning the $1-million prize. Meadows is a homebuilder while Cayce is a student.

The three-time Emmy Award-winning reality adventure series features teams of two will traveling to exotic locations, spanning five continents, with stops in the Middle East, Moscow and Sicily.

The 11 teams will compete against one another in a race around the world. "The Amazing Race 9" will begin with a special two-hour premiere on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 8:00pm on Today's THV & CBS.

"The Amazing Race" has won three consecutive Emmy Awards for Best Reality Program.

link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Joseph & Monica ~Dating
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 06:35:21 PM »
KFSM 5 News
Local couple to compete on "The Amazing Race"
Jan 30, 2006, 12:06 PM EST 

Fort Smith/Fayetteville - A local couple has been selected to compete on the hit CBS reality show, "The Amazing Race."

According to a release from CBS this morning, Monica Cayce, a 23-year-old from Fayetteville, and her boyfriend, 23-year-old Joseph Meadows of Fort Smith, will compete in "The Amazing Race 9." Meadows is a homebuilder and Cayce is a student.

This latest installment of the popular program will premiere with a two-hour special on Tuesday, February 28th, at 8 p.m.

"The Amazing Race" is a three-time Emmy Award-winning reality adventure series. On the new season, eleven teams will compete against one another in a race around the world for a $1 million prize. The teams will compete on five continents, with stops in locations including the Middle East, Moscow and Sicily.

You can see their photo and read their bio by following this link:  http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race9/bios/joseph_monica/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Joseph & Monica ~Dating (Team Mo-Jo)
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »
MoJo' No More, On 'Race'

( VIDEO LINK )

May 11, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CBS) It's down to the final three teams on "The Amazing Race 9."

Dating couple Monica and Joseph lost their "MoJo" on the episode that aired Wednesday night.

As Monica Cayce, a 23-year-old student from Fayetteville, Ark., and Joseph Meadows, a 23-year-old home builder from Fort Smith, Ark. got the gate, the team consisting of friends Eric and Jeremy regained the lead in a leg run in Bangkok, Thailand.

But it appears to have been a happy ending in any event for Team Mojo.

Joseph told CBS News, "It made our relationship better. It proved to me that I loved her."

Monica concurred, noting, "Nothing can bring you closer then going through stressful situation and loving it. We had fights, but we never got nasty or called each other names."

Monica graduates Saturday from the University of Arkansas. Then, she says, she'll "start working with Joseph building of houses and apartments."

According to the official "Amazing Race 9" "Web site, "After starting another leg with no money and possessions, best friends BJ & Tyler battled back into first place to earn a spot in the finals as the Teams traveled to exotic Thailand. Dating couple Joseph & Monica recovered from an early mistake that put them in last place, but a meltdown from Monica at the Detour led to their demise as they became the last Team eliminated from THE AMAZING RACE.

"… With friends Eric & Jeremy securing their spot in the finals with a second place finish, only dating couples Ray & Yolanda and Joseph & Monica remained in the field battling for the last spot. While MoJo had a fast taxi driver, in the end it wasn’t enough, as a relieved Ray & Yolanda stepped onto the mat in third place. The couple received even better news as they had the winning golden Travelocity gnome. For this gnome, the couple won a cruise around Sydney Harbor on a luxurious yacht, which also includes exploration of the wine district of Australia and the Great Barrier Reef. In addition, they would be spending the night near the Pit Stop at a luxurious hotel.

"Stepping onto the mat in last place, dating couple Joseph & Monica received the bad news from Phil that they had been eliminated from the Race. Through her tears, Monica remarked on her partner, 'What I really took away from all this is how much he supported me. Joseph really is my rock and I could not have gotten through this without him.' Joseph added, 'Monica being there right by my side helps me go on. We’re definitely going to get married one day and have a family.' Monica ended by noting, 'We have each other when we get home and we have this Race to look back on for the rest of our lives. It’s such a beautiful gift.' ”

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/11/earlyshow/series/amazingrace/main1609249.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 10:22:47 AM »
^^
Anyway Renee asks why they didnt get along with the Hippies and pretty much it was all about the rumors that the Hippies wanted to yield them and Monica has a hard time with the Hippies saying that she was flirting with Eric .Renee calls Monica out for flirting with Eric , Renee thought she saw Monica batting her eyes at Eric . It got under Mo's skin because she knew her family would be watching and she really loves Jo.

they had to carry the pots for half a mile , but they blame not being able to find a cab after the pots  , it took them at least 20 minutes

Offline Tyler1991

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 10:34:13 PM »
I really liked this team and was sad that they got eliminated. I thought that it was funny how on TES whoever it was giving them the interview called Monica JILL! I mean there were alot of comparisons pre-season from this team to JVJ and K/J but come on after they got eliminated it was obdvious that they we're nothing like JVJ. How could she make such a mistake?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 02:10:00 AM »
I was so happy that MOJO got eliminated.  They were getting on my nerves. What puzzled me during the show was why did the taxi driver told MOJO that they should not go to the other bus counter to inquire about the bus??  The taxi driver stated he knows how things are or something like that.  Then when MOJO purchased tickets for the 5:20 a.m. bus -- they asked the lady behind the counter if it was the first bus when in fact there was an earlier one at 4 a.m. when BJ and Tyler got on.  Did MOJO piss off their taxi driver and he told everyone not to help out?   :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 11:24:26 AM »
RNO's MoJo interview .
"We Get Mad at Each Other But Always Have Respect for Each Other” - An Interview with The Amazing Race 9’s Monica and Joseph
by Jenn Brasler -- 05/12/2006

All of the final four Amazing Race teams were worthy competitors, but one team had to go. Joseph and Monica, AKA Mojo, were that unlucky team. Read on to find out how things are now, what they would have done differently, and why Joseph really didn’t like the hippies

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
MOJO tvguide interview
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 11:17:21 PM »
Amazing Race Loses Its MoJo
by Rochell D. Thomas

Joseph and Monica, The Amazing Race

They tried and tried, but last week Team Mojo lost its, um, mojo in Thailand when Monica collapsed under the pressure of racing for 28 days and dropped a few too many clay pots. Now, in tonight's season finale of The Amazing Race 9, three teams run for the border and the $1 million prize. Who'll crack next? "Frat Boys" Eric and Jeremy get the Arkansans' vote. "They're the best, most consistent team — so fit and smart," Monica says. "They deserve to win."
TVGuide.com: Did you think you'd make it to the final four?
Monica: We thought we had a pretty good chance to make it to the final three!

TVGuide.com: And what happened?
Joseph: S----y cabdrivers happened!

TVGuide.com: True, a lot of The Race is out of your control, with cabdrivers and people who don't speak English. Where did you have the best cabbie?
Monica: In Italy, after Palermo — which I know how to pronounce now, thank you — we said to our cabdriver, "Would you stay with us and let us follow you to the Castle?" He led us there and when we got there, he spoke to all the locals.
Joseph: That guy was amazing. He not only drove really fast and knew right where we were going, but he was a huge help. We made up all that time on the Hippies and Eric and Jeremy. We arrived three hours behind them and were right behind them coming in [to the pit stop].

TVGuide.com: You also made up a lot of time after the Hippies yielded to you in Lake Bennet, Australia.
Joseph: The didgeridoo part was key — you have to really read into those clues. It said, "Play one note." You could get that note in one minute... or in 10.
Monica: Right. We knew that wasn't going to be very hard. And being in a river [for a mile would have taken] longer.

TVGuide.com: What do you consider to be the biggest mistake you made?
Joseph: Probably when we didn't ask our cabdriver to stay when we did the pots [in Koh Kret, Thailand]. I wish we would have said, "Hey, man, will you stick around? We'll pay you!"
Monica: When we were done with the pots, we were pretty even with Ray and Yolanda. The [camera crew] was saying, "Don't give up." But finding a cab took 20 minutes. There's no question in my mind that we would have been in the top three if we'd had a cab.

TVGuide.com: Monica, have you ever cried so much in your life?
Monica: [Laughs] It's really tough. Sleep deprivation and being where you can't eat anything... it gets to you. In the fish market, my arms were bleeding and having allergic reactions, so I cried. But [on screen] it doesn't look like that's what happened. It just looks like I didn't like the fish.

TVGuide.com: Which was worse: carrying the swordfish or the clay pots?
Monica: Oh, carrying the clay pots!
Joseph: That was a longer walk — around half a mile — and it was more tedious in the sense that you were carrying a 10-foot board, zigzagging in and out of these sidewalks in the Thai market. You could barely nick the end of your board and pots would fall off. It was a lot harder than it looked.

TVGuide.com: Monica, now that the race is over, do you still wish the Frat Boys hadn't given B.J. shoes? The dude was barefoot!
Monica: Yes, because you can't get on the plane if you don't have shoes. If he really needed shoes, he could have gone back for them, because he lost them.

TVGuide.com: Wow, no remorse!
Joseph: No remorse. You're on a race. Why would you help someone out? We couldn't understand that strategy with the other teams.

TVGuide.com: But didn't other teams help you out?
Joseph: Sure. But when someone comes in last place and gets noneliminated, twice... we're not going to give them any help.

TVGuide.com: Refresh our memory: When exactly did you and the Hippies become enemies?
Joseph: They started the war, actually, in Oman when they told Eric and Jeremy they wanted to yield us. That came out of left field. We didn't know what we had done to them to make them want to do that.
Monica: They also stooped to a new level by making up rumors about me and Eric, which we didn't appreciate.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of flirting and things going on, there are a lot of couples. Is there time for sex on the race?
Joseph: [Long pause] I don't know. You're very tired at the end of each leg. I don't know about the other teams.
Monica: According to Fran and Barry, it ruined their sex life.

TVGuide.com: Last question: If you had gone for the fast-forward in Thailand, do you think you would have been able to eat the crickets?
Joseph: I definitely think we would have given B.J. and Tyler a run for their money.
Monica: I've never eaten a cricket. But I'm not one of those people who are like, "Ew, a bug! I'm not eating that." I would make myself eat it.
Joseph: This isn't Fear Factor where you can't throw up. I definitely think we could have shoved in a handful and then thrown up and ate some more.

TVGuide.com: Joseph, in your final episode, you mentioned that Monica was the woman you wanted to marry. Have you officially asked her yet?
Joseph: I have not officially asked Monica yet. I'm a very surprising kind of guy.

TVGuide.com: So what's next for you two?
Joseph: Monica's graduating college this weekend.
Monica: I'm going to do real estate for a little bit. Joseph's a developer, so I'm going to sell his houses. Then hopefully I'll get into PR, maybe for a nonprofit. It's what I've always wanted to do.

link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »
MoJo still very bitter against BJT :meow: , get over it !

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 11:38:44 PM »
it will take a while.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 10:15:09 AM »
another article ( more here )

MoJo rooting for frat boys

CALGARY -- Monica Cayce and Joseph Meadows are giving their "MoJo" to the frat boys.

The dating couple from Arkansas, who were eliminated from The Amazing Race 9 after a close finish in Thailand last week, say they're now throwing their support behind friends Eric Sanchez and Jeremy Ryan in tonight's two-hour finale at 9 on CTV (Cable 2).

"Eric and Jeremy deserve to win. They've been the strongest team the entire race," says Monica, a 23-year-old student.

While MoJo's desire to see the frat boys take home this season's $1-million US prize is not shocking, the fact they would rather see Bohemian best buds BJ Averell and Tyler Macniven - whom they had an ongoing feud with on the show - win over Yolanda Brown-Moore and Ray Whitty is surprising.

It's not that they've found any new admiration for the hippies, but because they do not want to see the weakest team finish first.

"Ray and Yolanda can't win," says Monica.

Adds Joseph, "I think they are one of the worst teams. They have been in the back of the pack the whole race."

The young couple also do not believe BJ and Tyler, who finished last on both non-elimination legs of the race, have earned the title of Amazing Race winners.

"BJ and Tyler are good, but they deserved to be gone a long time ago. Two non-eliminations is just too many," says Monica, who still holds a grudge against the hippies for making up a story about her and one of the frat boys in order to destroy Joseph's mental game.

"This isn't a mind game - this is a race. That was just stupid and pointless and it made me mad

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 10:16:48 AM »
and yet another( more here )

'Amazing Race' duo shift their anger

By BILL BRIOUX - Toronto Sun

MoJo makes picks for who should win

Go Frat Boys. That’s the word from Monica Cayce and Joseph Meadows, a.k.a. Team MoJo. The couple were eliminated last week on The Amazing Race.

Tonight, after 60,000 miles and dozens of countries, three teams are left as the ninth edition of the series heads for the finish line (8 p.m., CTV and CBS).

“We’re rooting for Eric and Jeremy,” Meadows told the Sun yesterday from their home in Arkansas. They feel frisky Frat Boys Eric Sanchez and Jeremy Ryan deserve to win after leading most of the race.

They dismissed Yolanda Brown-Moore and Ray Whitty as also rans. “They’ve been in the back of the pack the whole race,” said Meadows.

Unlike a lot of viewers, they have no love for the fun loving The Hippies — BJ Averell and Tyler Macniven — who are still hanging in despite finishing last twice. in non-elimination legs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Joseph & Monica ~Philiminated !
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 03:22:37 AM »
 :jumpy: New blog with Jo-Mo updates!!  :wohoo:

Joseph and I were married in July of 2007 after being together for 5 years. In 2005 we were contestants on the CBS tv show, The Amazing Race where we raced around the world, 70,000 miles in 28 days to Brazil, Russia, Germany, Sicily, Rome, Greece, Oman, Australia and Thailand. We now live in Fort Smith, AR with our fabulous cocker spaniel Lola. I am a real estate agent and Joseph develops and manages residential and mulit family properties. We love family, friends, the lake, wakebording, tennis, hunting (well, Joseph does), reality tv, politics, spontaneity, traveling, poker night, good wine, etc! We look forward to a family of our own, until then it's just the adventures of Monica and Joseph!

http://mojomeadows.blogspot.com/2009/01/its-on-one-nightand-majorly-off-next.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.