The Amazing Race > The Racers

John & Scott ~ Lifelong friends /Philiminated

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mike-e:
John has sooooo much personality and heart that he brings fun where ever he goes. He should make for GREAT TV. We used to volunteer for the local AIDS organization here in Boston in the early 90's. Each week he would bring stories that would make the night go by... I can't wait to see him in the neighborhood and pick his brain...

puddin:
I LOVE John already Mike-e , Scott & John are my new picks to win !!

just found an little blurb on them   :lol: ~

Hotline: ‘Race’ to correct goof

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Credit CBS for the funniest typo of the day. In a press release announcing the new cast for ‘‘The Amazing Race,” the network listed two locals in the mix, ‘‘lifelong friends” Scott Braginton-Smith, 41, of West Harwich and John Lowe, 8, of Dorchester. Eight years old? Somebody needs to race to call the police. Wait - never mind: The network later released a corrected statement stating that Lowe is 38. Whew! The season premiere is Feb. 28 at 9 p.m., airing locally on WBZ-TV (Ch. 4). Go to www.cbs.com for details on the ninth season’s intrepid adventurers.

link

puddin:
A Boston pair is among the 11 teams competing in the ninth installment of CBS's ''The Amazing Race." Scott Braginton-Smith from West Harwich and John Lowe of Dorchester will compete in the trek around the world for the $1 million prize. . . . link

Mike-e:

--- Quote from: puddin on January 31, 2006, 01:56:10 PM ---I LOVE John already Mike-e , Scott & John are my new picks to win !!

just found an little blurb on them   :lol: ~

Hotline: ‘Race’ to correct goof

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Credit CBS for the funniest typo of the day. In a press release announcing the new cast for ‘‘The Amazing Race,” the network listed two locals in the mix, ‘‘lifelong friends” Scott Braginton-Smith, 41, of West Harwich and John Lowe, 8, of Dorchester. Eight years old? Somebody needs to race to call the police. Wait - never mind: The network later released a corrected statement stating that Lowe is 38. Whew! The season premiere is Feb. 28 at 9 p.m., airing locally on WBZ-TV (Ch. 4). Go to www.cbs.com for details on the ninth season’s intrepid adventurers.

link

--- End quote ---

I assume he's my age... 38...

puddin:
Getting Lost Gets John, Scott Tossed
( Video link )

NEW YORK, March 1, 2006

(CBS) Eleven teams began the latest mad dash around the world as "The Amazing Race 9" premiered Tuesday night.

The latest edition of the CBS reality show began in Denver, before the teams flew to San Paulo, Brazil.

That's where lifelong friends John Lowe and Scott Braginton-Smith learned the golden rule of "The Amazing Race" the hard way: Getting lost will get you tossed.

Host Phil Keoghan signaled the beginning of race, and the teams' planes landed within minutes of each other.

According to the show's Web site, "Navigating through the crowded city streets in taxis made all the difference. Most teams opted for a soaring helicopter ride overlooking the expansive city, while some became frustrated building motorcycles. In the end, friends Eric (Sanchez) and Jeremy (Ryan) nabbed first place, while John and Scott’s slow taxi contributed to their elimination."

For details of what happened during the episode, click here.

"We didn't speak Portuguese and the cab driver didn't speak English," Braginton-Smith told CBS News. "He also had no idea where he was going. It was just bad luck. …We totally lost track of time. It was a lot longer then we thought."

"It felt like hours and hours and hours," Lowe added.

Braginton-Smith told the "Race" Web site, “The sharing of the growing of the experience is something that’s just a great bond to have.” Lowe added, “We didn’t win the million dollars, but I won a key to the door for the rest of my life. There are things I can do now that I would have never done before.”

Lowe and Braginton-Smith discuss the experience on The Early Show Wednesday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version