Author Topic: TAR 30: April Gould & Sarah Williams (Friends) #TeamGoatYoga  (Read 60820 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 30: April Gould & Sarah Williams (Friends) #TeamGoatYoga
« on: December 07, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »

Name: April Gould 

Hometown: Gilbert, Ariz. 

Connection to teammate: Friends 

Qualifications: Goat Yoga Instructor

Instagram: @AprilGouldNinja

Twitter: @AprilGouldNinja and @GoatYoga 

Name: Sarah Williams 

Hometown: Mesa, Ariz.

Connection to teammate: Friends

Qualifications: Goat Yoga Instructor

Instagram: @desertpaddleboards

Twitter: @GoatYoga
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 30: April Gould & Sarah Williams (Friends) #TeamGoatYoga
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »

April Gould and Sarah Williams (#TeamGoatYoga)

April

Hometown: Gilbert, Arizona
Current occupation: Owner of Arizona Goat Yoga
Three words that describe you:  Adventurous, ingenuitive, and motivated!
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
The Amazing Race has always been a dream of mine, so being able to race is literally a dream come true! I am excited to go to different places, meet new people, and soak in the whole experience!

Sarah

​Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
Current occupation: I am co-owner of Arizona Goat Yoga as the Yoga Instructor and owner of Desert Paddleboards! I teach kids parkour classes and I'm a part-time tour guide.
Three words that describe you: Spontaneous, fun, and a little crazy.
 What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 We love having stories to tell at Goat Yoga. The Amazing Race will give us LOTS of stories.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »
Biography

#TeamGoatYoga​

Name: April Gould

Instagram: @AprilGouldNinja

Twitter: @AprilGouldNinja /@GoatYoga

Hometown: Gilbert, Arizona

Current occupation: Owner of Arizona Goat Yoga (GoatYoga.com).

Describe what you do: As an entrepreneur, I do what is necessary to make Goat Yoga a successful business. On the fun side, I train my 25 goats to jump and interact with hundreds of different people every day for a unique yoga experience. It's like a big circus every time.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, ingenuitive, and motivated!

Favorite hobbies:  I love anything adventurous and outdoors. I was a professional water skier, so I especially enjoy barefoot waterskiing, wakeboarding, and wakesurfing, as well as circus flying trapeze, acrobatics, and stilting. I also like traveling, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, rollerblading, snowboarding, and scuba diving.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 I am most proud to be a wife and mother of my three kids. They are pretty great despite my shortcomings. I am also proud of making a very successful business out of playing with my goats, and all the good that has come from it throughout the community.

What scares you most about traveling?
 My biggest fear would be getting lost in a sketchy area. I don't always have the best sense of direction.

What excites you most about traveling?
 I love going on adventures, exploring new parts of the world, and seeing new cultures!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 I would love to go Tahiti and hike through glorious waterfalls, swim with massive humpback whales, and scuba dive beautiful coral reefs.

The Amazing Race has always been a dream of mine, so being able to race is literally a dream come true! I am excited to go to different places, meet new people and soak in the whole experience!!

Name: Sarah Williams

Instagram: @desertpaddleboards
Twitter: @GoatYoga

Hometown: Mesa, Arizona

Current occupation: I am co-owner of Arizona Goat Yoga as the Yoga Instructor and owner of Desert Paddleboards! I teach kids parkour classes and I'm a part-time tour guide.

Describe what you do: Goat Yoga and Desert Paddleboards are companies that encourage people to get out and enjoy life! I make people HAPPY!

Three words to describe you: Spontaneous, fun, and a little crazy.

Favorite hobbies: I love being outdoors doing things like snowboarding, hiking, or wakesurfing at the lake.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 I started my paddleboard business four years ago with two boards and I'm up to 35. Goat Yoga started as a fun idea and now it's an international sensation!

What scares you most about traveling?
 I used to be worried I wouldn't be able to talk to people but, after going to Europe and China, I realized there's someone everywhere that speaks a little English.

What excites you most about traveling?
 The best part about traveling is meeting new people. When you have friends around the world, you'll have places to stay around the world.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 Ireland! Ever since I was a little girl and I saw the commercial for 1-800-SHAMROCK, I have wanted to go to Ireland.

We love having stories to tell at Goat Yoga. The Amazing Race will give us LOTS of stories.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a5Bh_FHRci0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a5Bh_FHRci0</a>

Thanks Will!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:26:09 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:20:05 PM »
https://ktar.com/story/1863624/phoenix-area-women-business-owners-to-compete-on-the-amazing-race/

PHOENIX — Two Phoenix-area women and business owners will compete in the hit CBS reality television show “The Amazing Race.”

April Gould, a Gilbert resident, and Sarah Williams, a Mesa resident, will compete as Team Goat Yoga on season 30 of “The Amazing Race.”

In a video that debuted the team, the two women said they “do goat yoga” — while sporting, of course, “I heart goat yoga” shirts.

Williams exclaimed that she “loves goat yoga,” while Gould said people often say that it is “the best day of their life.”

“I’ll start off teaching a yoga class and the goats will just interact with people and then April will get the goats to jump on everyone’s back,” Williams said.

Gould said they had a problem convincing everyone that goat yoga is a real thing, “but now it’s totally exploded and acceptable and people are coming from all over the country.”

“Goats don’t judge, goats just love,” Williams said.

The pair have been friends for more than 20 years and said they often bond over crazy outdoor activities such as barefoot water skiing, snowboarding and, of course, goat yoga.

“It’s just whatever type of adventure we can come up with, I know April will go with me,” Williams said.

The pair said they think they will do well in the competition because they get along well and are not afraid to do anything — but Williams said Gould is quite picky when it comes to food.

“We goat this!”

But the pair are not the only ones on the show with an Arizona connection: Former Phoenix Suns Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Marion will compete as Team Slam Dunk in the show’s 30th season.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »
Lets hope these two do very well!  :cmas9

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 07:45:49 AM »
Did not expect Sarah to act like a child on the 1st Leg.  :cmas11
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:48:02 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »
April & Sarah were a better team this Leg, they were not fighting. Underdogs but given the right tasks and circumstances, I could see them going further.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 02:42:17 AM »
On yesterday's Ellen's Game of Games, there was a goat yoga instructor Jaime from Mesa, Arizona.
I wonder if she knows Sarah! ;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 03:09:47 AM »
Oh I m glad you got her name! I told Sarah and April about it, will pass on the name! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 04:32:57 AM »
They have a type of relationship that I think could've been developed as a subplot throughout the race had they gone further. Interesting.

Didn't know they were allied with the Twins. No wonder they were near each other most of the time.

I don't think it was mentioned anywhere on the race that they both competed in Ninja Warrior, but I would've liked seeing either of them do the Kasbah roadblock, especially with their fit and active background.

It was sad seeing them go so early. :( They're athleticism got overshadowed, and I wish I saw more of that. They're one of my favorites this season.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 09:43:25 PM »
Goat Yoga made an appearance on "Cash Pad", a show on CNBC. Former bachelorette JoJo Fletcher and her fiance, Jordan Rogers renovate properties that are AirBnB's. They find local experiences and leave discount admissions or coupons in the rentals for the guests.  So they visited Goat yoga and are incorporating that into the AirBnB in Prescott, AZ.

JoJo and Jordan actually took a class with April and Sarah and it was shown during the episode.  Actually, there were quite a few people in the class so they seem to be doing well in their business!