Other Great Reality Shows > American Idol

Twins Terrell and Derrell charged with forgery; Terrell is currently in jail

<< < (4/4)

RudyRules:
TPTB? IIRC?   ??? 

Too bad these guys goofed up.  I thought they sang purdy good.

Why doesn't AI screen their potential contestants like other similar shows & prevent a lot of trouble?  Or maybe they don't care cuz it gives their audience something to chew the fat about!  B:) B:) B:) B:)   LOL!

Mister RC:
TPTB = The Power that Be (a.k.a. the executives and other higher-ups that run things)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

Sorry about that, RudyRules!

Sucks about the twins; maybe they'll fail to make it to the third round anyway (how come it's never the folks that fail to mkae it to the final 24/32 or the next round that have a criminal background?  They probably do but it's not an issue if they're out I suppose).

puddin:
Information:
The American Idol twins who were arrested last week are out of jail, and
they're talking.

They appeared on V-103 radio's Frank and Wanda Morning Show to tell their side
of the story.

One of their attorneys, Maurice Bennett was with them. 

Derrell and Terrell Brittenum made it through a preliminary round in the
competition and were headed to Hollywood - that is before they got arrested.
Show producers tell Fox station WAGA in Atlanta the twins have been
"uninvited."

The Brittenums are alleged to have used someone else's identity to purchase a
new vehicle last June in Rockdale County, Georgia.  The charges are forgery and
felony theft by deception.

But lawyer Bennett didn't offer a direct answer on the radio show when asked if
the car was stolen.

The Rockdale County D-A's office says each twin got out of jail on a
30-thousand dollar bond.  The case may go to a grand jury soon.

But, even with the twins booted from American Idol the star hasn't fallen yet.
A man saying he represents Atlanta's hip-hop and rap label - So So Def Records -
was on the radio show and offered the twins a record deal.

RudyRules:

--- Quote from: revengefullycreative on January 23, 2006, 08:35:46 AM ---TPTB = The Power that Be (a.k.a. the executives and other higher-ups that run things)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
Sorry about that, RudyRules!
--- End quote ---
Aww...No prob, RFC (if I may call you that?!) Thanks for jogging my memory!  I forgot I had an ACRONYMS Word document, which included TPTB.  I added IIRC to it.  I posted a bunch of acronyms at rff, but since things have been updated, not sure if they're still here.
--- Quote ---Sucks about the twins; maybe they'll fail to make it to the third round anyway (how come it's never the folks that fail to mkae it to the final 24/32 or the next round that have a criminal background?  They probably do but it's not an issue if they're out I suppose).

--- End quote ---
I don't condone their aleged crime & they should be punished for it,  but i'm glad they've been offered a record deal.  Maybe that will encourage them to direct their lives in a positive direction & they won't commit any more crimes... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version