Author Topic: Skating With Celebrities  (Read 9103 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Skating With Celebrities
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »
 Is anyone going to watch this ? tonight @ 9 ET on Fox ..I have a spoiler from the TV Guide look below ***

http://www.fox.com/skating/#

Are the skating with celebrities judges blind ?

They're  at least bit loopy .How else would you explain the fact that Kristy Swanson & Lloyd Eisler earned dismal scores that put them in last place behind Sir tips-a-lot Todd Bridges ? Shoot , the original Buffy clearly out-skated the rickety third place holder ,Bruce Jenner .Kristy even did more tricks than fourth place finisher Deborah "Don't call me Debbie" Gibson .Is there no justice in reality TV?

Nuala

Re: Skating With Celebrities
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:17:46 PM »
I am watching it right now.  Debbie and her partner got a 48.0.  I thought ther artistic score should have been higher, but what do I know.  It was fluffy as one of the judges said, but cute.

I thought the military uniform was an added touch for the number "love lift of us where we belong" by Jenner and his partner.  They did a few more difficulty tricks that the first pair and got a higher score.

Hey if I had to skate with someone after only practicing for a month I would be too bruised up to be on a show. LOL

Nuala

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »
Jenner and his partner got a 48.8.

For those of you who really are going to be die hard fans of this show here is a chart for you to keep track of the skaters.  What a touch...LOL.

Nuala

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 08:38:16 PM »
I must say that Todd Bridges and and Jenni did a wonderful job.  They look like they had a great time and were not scared at all.  Todd Bridged did well despite really big feet.  They actually smiled at each other while they skated.  Outfits were cheesy, but they pulled it off.  These two look kinda goofy because Todd is so much bigger than she is.

Unlike Kristy and Lloyd.  Kristy looked scared to death.  They did not connect with each other as the judge Hamilton stated.  Their outfits were cute.  I hope they get better with skating with each other, but I think the awkwardness is that one is right handed and one is left handed as stated in their interview.  That would be tricky when it came to turns and holding hands.  LOL.  These two make a good skating pair as far as size and height.

Nuala

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 08:44:33 PM »
Well the judges did not think that Todd and Jenni did that well.  They scored a 43, I think.  LOL.

Jillian and John are a perfect match for skating together.  They are the perfect height and size.  They skated almost flawlessly.  Right at the end, I thought John was going to drop Jillian, but they pulled it off with a mishap.  They would do a beautiful job skating to a tango.  They are the best in my eyes, so far.  One more pair to go and then it will be it for me tonight.  LOL.

Nuala

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 08:55:01 PM »
Can you say silly?  I thought Nancy and Joey's performance was silly.  Joey was leary on his ability to keep up with Nancy because he kept looking over at her when he should have been looking forward. 

I bet next week the performances by the others will be better since Jillian and John brought it to the talbe this week. 

good night for now and see you all tomorrow.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:53:39 PM »
well Todd Bridges was eliminated last night and he was the main reason that I really started watching this show but now have come to love some of the other teams Nancy Kerragan & Dave Coulier for instance ..there not so perfect bodies , both buldging at the gut , Kristy Swansen & partner , Bruce Jenner & Tai Babilonia , Debbie Gibson  & partner all hard working teams and then we have  Julian Barberie ..
I think it will come down to Dave Coulier & Julian Barberie with Julian to win ..I really dont care who wins ( had a soft spot for Todd ) but its fun to watch .

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 10:32:53 PM »
I forgot about this...weren't they suppose to get hurt or something?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:20:19 PM »
yeah they get a few bruises  :pfight: here and there nothing life threatening .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 08:32:40 PM »
bye Nancy & Dave  :'(

looks like this show is wrapped

:spoiler:

Stop reading if you don't want to know who wins Fox's "Celebrity Skating." We hear execs are already bracing themselves for complaints that Jillian Barberie had a lock on the contest because she's been figure-skating since childhood

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 11:44:19 AM »
While I like how good they are, I like Bruce Jenner and his partner, Tia Babilonia.  He has had no skating experience and look how well he's doing!  ;D 

I'm enjoying the show.     Like my name is, I'm a Reality Junkee :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 04:59:55 AM »
Yikes, I just now found this topic!

I love this show and have watched every week!

I'll be baaak again to read & post as i'm off to bed!!!!!!
:nitenite:

Ruday  :waves:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 07:58:11 PM »
aww Bruce & Tai are gone ..no big surprise  :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 10:03:36 PM »
I guess no on cared  :angel: ?

Kristy Swanson & Lloyd Eisler Win Skating With Celebrities
March 3, 2006
by Joe Reality

Jillian Barberie & John Zimmerman and Kristy Swanson & Lloyd Eisler face off as the last two couples in the Skating with Celebrities finale.  Kristy & Lloyd lead by four-tenths of a point after Monday’s performances.  To kick things off in the finale, each team gives an encore performance that is not scored by the judges.  The previously eliminated skating couples also return for one last group performance. 

In a ironic intro segment, Kristy Swanson & Lloyd Eisler talk about what they mean to each other.  Kristy says “Having him as my partner, it’s just been incredible.”  Lloyd says “We have created a friendship that I think will last long after this show’s over.”  The segment is ironic because Star Magazine has reported that Lloyd left his pregnant wife for Kristy.

Kristy & Lloyd skate to “Super Freak.”  Mark Lund says “Lloyd you’ve improved so much as a professional skater.”  John Nicks says “Kristy so fearless when he’s doing all these things to you, and I think I know why you’re fearless, it’s because Lloyd understands the priority with the man pair skater which is protect his partner at all times.”  Dorothy Hamill says “I think both of your bring out the best in each other.” 

Jillian & John skate to “Breathe.”  During their performance, Jillian falls while attempting an Axel.  Dorothy Hamill says “Together you have this dreamlike, it’s like a cloud floating over the ice.”  Mark Lund says “Just because you fell on an attempted Axel jump does not mean it was a bad performance.”  John Nicks says “I want to respectfully remind my fellow judges that a fall is no bar to winning the competition.”   

Despite the judges reassuring statements to Jillian & John, they receive the lower scores between the two couples.  Kristy Swanson & Lloyd Eisler are the winners of Skating with Celebrities with an overall score of 117.7.

http://www.foxreality.com/detail.php?storyid=3298&type=recap

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 12:11:06 PM »
Got this from E! Tv link.  It's not the entire article but I wanted to post the main thing about Kristy and Lloyd and their relationship.  Here's the link to the entire article also:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18486,00.html?fdnews

Swanson and Eisler skated away from the Fox competition with more than the championship title. After logging long hours on the ice together while filming the series, the duo heated things up with an off-rink romance.

"We're very happy," Swanson said in a recent interview.

However, not everyone is happy for the couple, least of all Eisler's estranged wife, who was four months pregnant at the time her husband began canoodling with the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer star.

"I was shocked, upset and betrayed," Marcie Eisler told Star magazine about learning of the dalliance. "I should have trusted my instincts."

Though the Eislers are separated, Marcie Eisler claims they were still "working on their relationship" when her husband became involved with Swanson, a contention he denies.

"They met and spent time together as ice skating partners when they taped for Fox’s Skating With Celebrities," Eisler's publicist said in a statement last month. "They started dating after Lloyd officially separated from his wife and they are very happy."

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 02:51:21 AM »
Thanks for the Eonline article, RJ.  I'm relieved to know they started dating after Lloyd officially separated from his wife.  I loved watching them skate and happy they won!  :woohoo:

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »
You're welcome Rudy  :-*       I personally am upset with the fact that Lloyd isn't trying to work things out with his wife.   >:(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 02:39:44 AM »
Though the Eislers are separated, Marcie Eisler claims they were still "working on their relationship" when her husband became involved with Swanson, a contention he denies.

"They met and spent time together as ice skating partners when they taped for Fox’s Skating With Celebrities," Eisler's publicist said in a statement last month. "They started dating after Lloyd officially separated from his wife and they are very happy."

Well I'm going on the assumption that the above is true....although I honestly know very little about Eisler or his credibility.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  But looking at it from his estranged wife's viewpoint, it's purdy ez for me to sympathize with her.  I've been there...like many.  It is devastating.  It took me forever to get past him & the whole mess.  I finally moved on with my life though. :tup:     

Whatever the Eisler's situation, I pray happiness & contentment for all of them...