Author Topic: Derrek's 2nd chance.....my first full season of watching IDOL  (Read 7984 times)

Nuala

Derrek's 2nd chance.....my first full season of watching IDOL
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:19:20 PM »
Can you believe that Derrek is getting a second chance?  I am sure a lot of people wished they would have gotten that.

I think the hardest thing would be to sing accapella

Man....the judges get really annoyed easily. 

Nuala

as of right now my favorites are......
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:13:55 PM »
As of right now my favorites are the sisters and the twins.  I think if the sisters work hard they can make it big.  They have unique vocal talents.  I am impressed that two sisters can sing so well.  The twins can do it if they keep up the flattery!

Zachery....wow.....he could be another Josh Brogan (spelling?).  For 17 he is a talented male.  He could out do the twins. 

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: Derrek's 2nd chance.....my first full season of watching IDOL
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:54:06 PM »
This show has proven to me that 90% of people in the USA, are insane! Its no wonder other nations hate us!

Rob

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 09:19:29 PM »
 :rotf:rob!!   the twin guys could sing!! :jam:     i am amazed at the ones that really think they can sing!! :giggle: :rotf:  it is like the funniest videos, but i liked it because i love to laugh!! :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 02:50:36 AM »
My first ever time to watch AI and loved it!!  :lol: Most of the really bad ones, you either feel sorry for 'em or ROTLOL!  :rotf:  When simon said that one guy looks like a wasp... :giggle:  :giggle:  i cracked up!
Wow, there are some real doozies.  Sheez...the guy with the blond wig pony tails dressed like a girl with hairy legs...he must be horribly neglected & needs the world's attention.  Oy! 

I liked the twin sisters and both sets of twin bros.  And the two crooners were great...sorry I can't remember any of their names!!  The 3 judges are hilarious together...a great team of judges.  This show is lots better than Arsenio's Star Search!!
I'm hooked already!  ha ha.  But when TAR starts again, will they conflict in the schedule?  Hmmm...I can tape one cept I like Commander in Chief too.  I need TWO VCRs.  :bliss:

Ruday

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »
Can anybody help me figure out something?  When that "suntan girl" tried out, she was wearing pink.  I was looking at what the judges were wearing (I Tivoed it and re-watched it) and Simon, Paula and Randy had the same clothes on for both times.  Well at the end when they showed people butchering Sister Marmalade, she was shown again, but wearing a different outfit.  Yet the judges were wearing the same thing.

Tell me...can somebody go back in line and try out on the same day???  ???

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 04:51:05 PM »
Hmmm...sorry I can't help ya out since I'm such a newbie viewer.  Maybe the site would offer some help?
http://television.aol.com/americanidol

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »
It just makes for good TV. Lets face it, Simon knows how to make pretty good TV, so he is just going for the "This will make good TV" factor. That is all.

I don't think they can get back in line, but I bet they changed clothes quite a few times! LOL

Rob

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 04:41:50 AM »
Tell me...can somebody go back in line and try out on the same day???  ???
Yes, they've allowed several to try out again on the same day.  Last nite, they let a gal who was real nervous go gather her nerves and come back in.  She still flunked tho.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 01:22:24 PM »
Yeah, but it has been special curcumstances each time, so not just everyone can try out again! That girl really sucked last nite too, btw!

Rob

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »
Yeh she sucked...bigtime.  I didn't think she'd do any better on her 2nd chance.  Just didn't have the right stuff, nervous or not!

Yep, you're right Rob...special circumstances are definitely the main factor for a 2nd chance...

Ruday 

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 08:53:56 AM »
This show has proven to me that 90% of people in the USA, are insane! Its no wonder other nations hate us!

Rob

This show displays 3 type of people (not including those who can actually sing):

1.  There are dilusional people who do think they can sing

2.  People are doing this just to get on tv

3.  People are doing this, knowing they can't sing, in hopes of getting a record contract just like William Hung.

Oh, and what about the people who allow the auditioners to get to the next level...the judges?  I wonder how much they are getting paid to let these people go through for entertainment purposes.  Either that or they themselves are delusional!  :lol: :lol:

While I love watching this part of the show and seeing those who suck big time, I'm tired of seeing all of them and maybe a handful of real talent.  I'd like to see it either balanced or the other way around