Author Topic: SURVIVAL OF THE RICHEST?  (Read 3023 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
SURVIVAL OF THE RICHEST?
« on: January 16, 2006, 05:32:54 PM »
SURVIVAL OF THE RICHEST? COMES TO THE WB IN SUMMER 2006
Released by The WB

“SURVIVAL OF THE RICHEST” COMES TO THE WB IN SUMMER 2006

Burbank, CA January 16, 2006

NEW REALITY SHOW MATCHES PEOPLE FROM OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE AMERICAN DREAM TO SEE IF RICH AND POOR CAN WORK TOGETHER

Seven young people born into incredible wealth will pair up with seven of society's most disadvantaged in SURVIVAL OF THE RICHEST, a new reality series coming to The WB in summer 2006. The announcement was made today at the Television Critics’ Association Press Tour by David Janollari, President, Entertainment, The WB.

“‘Survival of the Richest’ is a fascinating reality show filled with larger-than-life, breakout characters,” said Mr. Janollari. “In this buzz-worthy series, the rich and the working class will collide and collaborate in a unique competition that illuminates class differences with humor and poignancy.”

Hosted by Hal Sparks (“Queer as Folk”), the six-episode series takes a group of seven wealthy young people, with a combined worth of over $3 billion, and pairs them with seven working class individuals who have a collective debt of $150,000. Forced to live together, the well-to-do contestants have the chance to prove they can survive without their parents’ money for the first time in their lives. For the working class folks, the experience is a chance to dramatically improve their lives.

Challenges vary from living richly at the race track to cleaning up the spectator stands following the event, as well as contributing to the construction of a house for Habitat for Humanity. Each week, one team will be eliminated until the final team walks away with a large cash prize.

From RDF Media with executive producers Joe Houlihan (“Vacation Swap,” “I Hate My Job”), Zad Rogers (“The Town That Wants To Win”), Stuart Krasnow (“Average Joe,” “Cold Turkey,” “America's Most Talented Kid”) and Seven (“My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé,” “The Bachelor”) with consulting producer Kevin Williams (“Average Joe,” “Cold Turkey”).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20060116wb04