Author Topic: Courtney Marit/Voted out  (Read 15384 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Courtney Marit/Voted out
« on: January 16, 2006, 04:01:53 PM »

Courtney Marit was born in Washington, D.C. An avid gymnast, she reached elite level, was nationally ranked and eventually received a gymnastics scholarship from the University of Georgia, where she was part of the 1993 NCAA Championship team. 

Marit is currently a performance artist, working with others to collaborate and create theatrical shows that include music, fire, trapeze, stilts and a myriad of circus arts. She is founder of Revolve Productions, a company that has brought together musicians, disc jockeys, designers and performers dedicated to creating one-of-a-kind events. She also teaches fire dancing with the intention of celebrating this ancient art form as a tool of self-expression, meditation and fun. Additionally, she is working on her first screenplay and focusing on creating film and documentaries that promote world unity. 

Having traveled to over 30 countries around the globe, Marit previously worked as a deckhand/cook and helped deliver luxury yachts across the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. She also worked as a massage therapist, ski instructor, snow maker, farmer, elder caregiver, trailblazer, biking/hiking guide and importer. 

Marit's many adventures include climbing mountain peaks in the Cordilla Blanca of Peru, skiing the mountains of Alaska, running a marathon in Honolulu, performing throughout Europe, living in caves in India, surfing in Costa Rica, hitchhiking through Mexico and walking the deserts of Chile. Marit wants to have the experience of a lifetime and lives for adventure and knowledge. Learning about other countries and cultures is her passion. She enjoys celebrating life and the world she lives in. 

Marit describes herself as free spirited, creative, fun, sensitive and compassionate. She enjoys being part of an artistic community that integrates music, creation, dance and travel. 

Marit is currently single and living in Los Angeles. Her birth date is May 24, 1974. 

FAVORITES

Colors  Red 
Scents Fresh baked bread, sandalwood oil 
Flowers My Aunt Sandy's roses 
Board Games Risk 
Video Games No favorite 
Sports to Play Ultimate Frisbee, biking 
Sports Teams University of Georgia gymnastics, Lakers, Washington Redskins   
Outdoor Activities Sailing, hiking, surfing 
TV Shows Real Time with Bill Maher, SURVIVOR, Entourage, Lost, Rock Star 
Movies House of Flying Daggers, The Incredibles, Pulp Fiction 
Actors Johnny Depp, Kevin Spacey, Nicolas Cage, Orlando Bloom 
Actresses Angelina Jolie, Jodie Foster, Naomi Watts 
Music Breakbeats, Drum & Bass, Widespread Panic 
Magazines The Economist, Zinc, Vogue 
Books/Authors The Four Agreements, anything else by Don Miguel Ruiz 
Cereals Cap'n Crunch mixed with granola 
Fruits Kiwi, mango, papaya, nectarine 
Snack Foods Cashews, soy nuts, candied ginger 
Cookies My Aunt Sandy's yumalicious cookies   
Candy Bars Skor, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups   
Alcoholic Drinks Piña Colada, Baileys   
Non-Alcoholic Kombucha, Chai, Sprite 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:08:10 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Courtney Marit/Voted out
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 07:10:45 PM »
Courtney Marit's Early Show Interview
(Transcript by James Barber for SurvivorFever.net  4.28.06)
http://www.survivorfever.net/s12_earlyshow_courtney.html

Fire Dancer Burned by Survivor Alliance

TV Guide - 5.04.06
http://www.survivorfever.net/s12_tvg_courtney.html

“You Can Trust No One”: An Interview with Survivor: Exile Island’s Courtney
by David Bloomberg -- 05/01/2006

Courtney was obviously shocked to be sent packing – what does she have to say about Cirie being the one who did it? In fact, what does she think about all the remaining players? And why the heck was she doing Yoga in Bruce’s zen garden? Courtney answers these questions and more right here in this interview!
http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article6127.art&page=1

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
Re: Courtney Marit/Voted out
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 06:51:43 AM »
And to finish off my thoughts on my favourite contestants of this season the hilarious Courtney.  while alot of people find her annoying she in my opinion played a good game and made it for me just that bit more interesting with her hilarious comments and mood swings.  wish she'd come in 4th instead of Cirie but hey what can you do.  Heres to Courntney. :jam:
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan