Archive > The Castaways

Sally Schumann/Voted off

(1/2) > >>

puddin:

Born and raised in Duluth, Minnesota, Sally Schumann spent a lot of time outdoors. She attended Bethel College in St. Paul, Minnesota, where she played midfield on the women's soccer team and earned her Bachelor's Degree in social work. She spent the last four years employed as a social worker and varsity girl's soccer coach at Buffalo High School in Buffalo, Minnesota. 

Sally describes herself as compassionate, competitive and funny. The accomplishment she is proudest of is having trained for and completed her first marathon last summer. Her favorite sports to watch include baseball and hockey. She enjoys many outdoor activities, such as fishing, camping and playing broomball. Reading, listening to music and spending time with friends and her dog, Darby, rank among her other pleasures. Photography is her greatest passion; a day spent behind her camera is a day well spent. 

SURVIVOR and THE AMAZING RACE are the television shows Schumann never misses. A huge SURVIVOR fan, she has applied for the show a total of five times. This was the first time she made it to the semifinals. Schumann believes she has a great shot at winning because she is determined and competitive, and she enjoys building relationships with people. She draws strength and inspiration from her older sister, whom she admires more than anyone else. 

Schumann recently went through a divorce and is currently dating her best friend. She currently lives in Chicago, where she works as a waitress and bartender. Her birth date is December 10, 1978. 

FAVORITES

Colors  Yellow, brown 
Scents Mulberry, lilac 
Flowers Daisy, tulip 
Board Games Cribbage, Settlers of Catan, Scrabble, Uno, Yahtzee 
Video Games Original Nintendo, Tetris, Super Mario Brothers 
Sports to Play Soccer, badminton, broomball, horseshoes, bocce ball 
Sports Teams UMD Bulldogs, Minnesota Twins 
Outdoor Activities Fishing, fly fishing, running 
TV Shows SURVIVOR, THE AMAZING RACE, Law & Order 
Movies Before Sunset; Me, You and Everyone We Know; Shakespeare in Love 
Actors Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey 
Actresses Gwyneth Paltrow, Doris Day, Katharine Hepburn 
Music Pink Martini, Wilco, Joni Mitchell, Damien Rice, Cranberries, salsa beats 
Magazines People, US Weekly, Readers Digest 
Books/Authors Anything by John Grisham, Bridget Jones's Diary 
Cereals Honeycomb, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Cream of Wheat, oatmeal 
Fruits Braeburn apple, cherries, grapefruit, nectarine 
Snack Foods Balance bars, Red Vines, animal crackers 
Cookies Homemade oatmeal chocolate chip 
Candy Bars York Peppermint Pattie, Almond Joy 
Alcoholic Drinks Corona, Stella, gin & tonic, bloody Mary 
Non-Alcoholic Milk, Vitamin Water, green tea, coffee, V8 Juice 

puddin:
"Sally Schumann is Minnesota's First Survivor Castaway"   
Ron Wilkes    SFN, Staff Writer Reporter  (1.25.06) 
Yes, it's official!  A former Duluth native and former Buffalo High School varsity girls soccer coach is  Minnesota's first castaway on the immensely popular "Survivor" television show.

Sally Schumann 
(photo courtesy of CBS) 

Sally Schumann,  the sexy blond 27 year old, was the  former girls varsity soccer coach and former student counselor at Buffalo High School in Buffalo Minnesota.  That was until the Spring of 2005 when Survivor TV show  producers called upon her. 

Sally graduated from Duluth Central High School in 1996.  She was a member of the Duluth Trojan's soccer team.  Later, she attended Bethel College in St. Paul where she earned a B.A. in Social Work.

The "Survivor Panama - Exile Island" TV show will soon air (Thursday February 2, 2006) on the CBS television network.  The 12th edition of Survivor, with a 39 day filming schedule off the Pacific coast of Panama in the Pearl Islands was completed on December 8, 2005.

Tim Kolehmainen, the sports editor for the Wright County Journal-Press said he didn’t know Sally all that well, just through a couple of years of interviews following soccer games.  He said, "She always struck me as a very outgoing person – a 'people person' I’d guess you could say."

He continued, "She was a counselor at the high school, so she definitely used people skills during her job and her coaching – which is undoubtedly going to help her.  I don’t think it hurts either that she’s a great athlete and in terrific condition."

What do former students think of Sally?  Well, this January a former Buffalo High School student wrote, "I love her.  She helped me through a lot of hard times.  I will never forget her.  Plus, she is beautiful."  Another student wrote, "She is awesome, ...... she seems to actually care about the people that come to see her.  She cares about us and that's what makes her such a good counselor.  She is the best!  One of a kind."

Her chances?  Tim stated that she apparently was a huge fan of the show.  "She knows how the 'system' works," he said.  .… "And I’ll bet she can work it with the best of them."

Stephanie Hawks,  the current head coach of the Buffalo High School girls soccer team and former assistant girls soccer coach under Schumann said, "I am so excited for her.  I think she really deserves this.  She works really hard .... and when she puts her mind to something she accomplishes it."

Stephanie says with Sally's past activities as a soccer coach and a social worker and counselor that she is mentally and physically ready for this challenge.   

"I think Sally doesn't give up," Hawks said.  "She's level headed, a very strong person and ready for a challenge and she will do really well."

Sally Schumann (Geisler), recently divorced was formerly married to Ben Geisler and currently she lives in Chicago.  I was unable to contact either her parents or her older sister Melissa Rae Schumann and her former husband's family had no comment about Sally being on Survivor.

Only time will tell if Minnesota will have its first Survivor million dollar winner and yet whatever happens she is already a winner to us.

RWilkes - Staff Writer SFN

http://www.survivorfever.net/s12_sally_schumann_minnesota_survivor.html

puddin:
Sally Schumann
Survivor Panama: Exile Island

From Virginia Soto,
Your Guide to Chicago.

Survivor: Panama - Exile Island starts on Thursday, February 2, 2006 on CBS. We won't know the results until May, unless as usual, people start betting heavily and we get a spoiler during the first two weeks. This season of Survivor will be different because instead of there being two tribes, there will be four. One of the younger females this time is from Chicago. Her name is Sally Schumann and here's her biography:

Childhood: Sally Schumann, 27, was born on December 10, 1978 in Duluth, Minnesota. She was always an outdoor type of girl (her proudest accomplishment? Having trained for and completed a marathon last summer). She has an older sister "whom she admires more than anyone else," and from whom she draws strength and inspiration.

Education: Sally attended Bethel College in St. Paul, Minnesota, where she played midfield on the women's soccer team and earned a Bachelor's

Employment: After graduating from Bethel College, Sally Schumann spent four years employed as a social worker and varsity girl's soccer coach at Buffalo High School in Buffalo, Minnesota. She then moved to Chicago, where she works, probably while getting established, as a bartender and waitress.
Since Sally works as a bartender, here are her favorite alcoholic drinks: Corona, Stella, Gin & Tonic, and Bloody Mary. (Her non-alcoholic ones are: Milk, Vitamin Water, Green Tea, Coffee, and V8 Juice.)

Love Life: Schumann got divorced recently and is now dating a man she calls "her best friend."

Sports: Even though she now lives in Chicago, Schumann remains faithful to her Minnesota roots. Her favorite teams are the UMD Bulldogs and the Minnesota Twins (did you watch the World Series, Sally?) and her favorite colors are yellow and brown (the Bulldog colors).

Her Passions: Her dog, Darby and photography. Says Schumann: "a day spent behind her camera is a day well spent."

Survivor Trivia: Survivor and The Amazing Race are the two television shows Schumann never misses. A huge Survivor fan, Sally has applied for the show a total of five times. This was the first time she made it to the semifinals (another proof that perseverance pays in the end).

Her Survivor Prospects: Sally describes herself as compassionate, competitive and funny. She believes she has a great shot at winning because she is determined and competitive, and she enjoys building relationships with people

http://chicago.about.com/od/newspapersradiotv/p/020106_schumann.htm

Kogs:
i am so not rooting for sally. shes a twins fan :lol:

puddin:
plus she knows shes annoying , thats not a good sign :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version