Author Topic: Shane Powers / Voted out  (Read 8478 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Shane Powers / Voted out
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »

Shane Powers was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. After finishing high school, Powers moved to Los Angeles. 

In 1999, Powers and two business partners established a boutique specialty marketing company with the goal of effectively branding products. On the side, Powers makes time to coach his son's football team. Previous employment included work as a club promoter and restaurant manager. 

Powers describes himself as witty, outgoing and funny. His most important accomplishment, still in progress, is raising his son. His hobbies include basketball, softball, writing and frequenting bookstores. 

Powers believes he can be the Sole Survivor because of his unmatched communication skills. He believes he is also a physical threat and has the ability to manipulate people and not have them be resentful. If he wins, he wants to buy some real equipment and a great field for his son's football team. 

Powers currently resides in Los Angeles under the watchful eye of his son, Boston. His birth date is November 28, 1970. 

FAVORITES

Colors  Scarlet 
Scents Coffee, girls that get the perfume right, muggy days 
Flowers Lavender 
Board Games Trivial Pursuit, Axis and Allies, Risk 
Video Games Any EA sports game 
Sports to Play All, flag football   
Sports Teams Nebraska Cornhuskers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Supersonics 
Outdoor Activities Driving 
TV Shows SportsCenter, The O'Reilly Factor, History Channel 
Movies The Shawshank Redemption, Kramer vs. Kramer 
Actors Robert Downey Jr., Emile Hirsch, Michael Keaton, Dustin Hoffman, Tobey Maguire 
Actresses Meryl Streep 
Music Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mother Tongue, Ray Charles, System of a Down, Stevie Wonder 
Magazines Time, Fantasy Football Weekly 
Books/Authors Autobiographies of Lance Armstrong, George Stephanopoulos, Rudy Giuliani; anything by Martin Luther King 
Cereals Cinnamon Toast Crunch 
Fruits No favorite 
Snack Foods No favorite 
Cookies Nestlé Toll House chocolate chip 
Candy Bars No favorite 
Alcoholic Drinks Warm vodka 
Non-Alcoholic Espresso 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:07:32 PM by puddin »

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
Re: Shane Powers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 04:59:32 AM »
lol.  looks like the hatch kind of player 2 me.
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
Re: Shane Powers
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:30:05 PM »
If you havent been go to Shanepowers.com  :jam:
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Shane Powers / Voted out
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 07:07:48 PM »
Shane Powers' Early Show Interview
(Transcript by James Barber for SurvivorFever.net  5.05.06)

Harry Smith:  Well, we're down to the Final Four on Survivor: Exile Island.   In last night's episode Terry won his fifth straight Immunity Challenge, leaving Shane, the man viewers love to hate, holding the torch.
<video clip of Aras, Cirie and Shane confessionals>

HARRY : Shane, the look on your face last night was absolutely priceless. You had no idea.

SHANE : I had no idea. I know the game and I knew there was a possibility, but I had made my bed, I had boxed myself in with Aras and Cirie, obviously. I thought we'd hold firm.

(Harry cackles)

HARRY : Really? Are you kidding me? Cirie's really pulling some strings out there.

SHANE : It's been amazing for me to watch Cirie's journey on the show, because when she got there she had no chance of winning, and it actually exuded out of her. She laid low, she worked hard, Aras and I sort of looked out for her. A couple weeks ago you could really tell something switched in her, and she was like, "I can win this." It's been really amazing to watch her journey.

HARRY : Yeah, really phenomenal. You know what, I looked back on the last week and you were surprised last week too.

SHANE : I was surprised because Danielle was supposed to go, and then...

HARRY : Yeah, Danielle is always supposed to go, and she's still standing.

SHANE : There was a bit of a flip-flop. I had created sort of a house away from everyone else called the Summer House, up on the ridge, that was allowed to go to.

HARRY : Did it have your make-believe Blackberry up there?

SHANE : It had everything up there, and no one was allowed to go up there, actually. I came down late and was not really in the loop, which was better for them, because I wasn't around that last 5 days much.

HARRY : One of the great moments maybe in the history of Survivor is the challenge last night where you got the opportunity to spend time with your son. And you know what, we have a Secret Scene that was not on the show last night. I'm gonna go ahead and show that now because you and your son, it's beautiful, it's really beautiful to watch.

<Survivor Secret Scene>

[ SHANE (solo; choked up): Watching the sun come up this morning, drinking my espresso, but then knowing my son was near, ready to wake up, come to me. It was unbelievable. It was like I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else on the planet at all. I wanted to be right there.

(Boston and Shane lay on the couch)

BOSTON : I'm so proud of you.

SHANE : I'm going to try so hard.

BOSTON (solo): The biggest flaw that would go wrong is that he has an alliance with three other people; if they turn on him, he's gone.]

HARRY : Your son was prophetic. What a thing, to have your son's name tattooed on your chest, to watch you through this whole thing. That was the only thing other than cigarettes it seemed to me that you really yearned for, that you really missed. What did it mean for you last night to be able to have that reunion when you were out there?

SHANE : Well, you know, going through the depletion and having the 30 days of whatever, and then just feeling so wrecked, and having him show up and actually getting to be with him, it was sort of an experience that I would not have had on any other terms, on any other level. The love that I felt and the togetherness we had was really amazing.

HARRY : Now that you're back home and life is sort of back to normal, have the dynamics of your relationship changed, or you just value him that much more?

SHANE : I think you get an amazing amount of perspective from being on the show. It's like you're civilized and then they turn you into a caveman, and you learn how to deal with that, and then suddenly everything that's important to you is right in front of you. It just reinforced the way that me and -- the one thing I do want to say is me and Boston have this amazing relationship, but if it wasn't for his mother, Bird (?), allowing us to play -- she's been a real cornerstone of both our relationships and I can't thank God enough for her.

HARRY : Going back to the beginning of the show, you were flipped out from the second you got there. How many packs of cigarettes do you smoke a day?

SHANE : I smoke three packs of cigarettes a day. I had never tried to quit.

HARRY : So you went cold turkey, you were out there on the show, and the people were literally begging you to stay. I don't remember ever seeing that on the show, where somebody who wanted to leave, people were begging you to stay. I thought that was counterintuitive, but you ended up being such a great asset.

SHANE : Well, I think that when we first got on an island, the four of us we connected immediately, they were very - they wanted me to stay badly because we had had a safe, the four of us were gonna stay safe at least up until the merge, so it was very important for them that I stayed. I was schizophrenic at that point, I had not had a cigarette in six days, no water - the one thing you need to come off cigarettes is water - and I was literally going out of my mind.

HARRY : Well, for us as an audience and fans of Survivor, we really loved watching you go crazy.

SHANE : I'm sure you did.

HARRY : Every single second of it.

SHANE : I'm sure you did.

HARRY : Got any cigarettes in there now?

SHANE : I have plenty of cigarettes. Would you like one now?

HARRY (laughs): No, no, we gotta go. Thanks buddy.

SHANE : Pleasure.

HARRY : Great to be with you.

http://www.survivorfever.net/s12_earlyshow_shane.html

Offline Talico

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 11:47:34 PM »
I was flipping through the channels and stumbled on 'Black Scorpion II - Aftershock'.  Guess who I saw in it?

Shane Powers.    :lol3:

So I looked him up in IMDB, and find he's flourished in the straight-to-DVD market of crappy  Black Scorpion's.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0694615/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 12:51:20 AM »
Wow , thanks for sharing Talico ! I actually did not know that Shane was a real ummmmmmmm actor  :lol:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 10:38:46 AM »
I can nto believe he went back to smoking... he went all that time and nwo is smoking again!!!

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 05:51:28 AM »
Without a doubt one of the most entertaining and therefore one of my fav players of all time. :lol:  Wish He'd come in third instead of Terry. Heres to Shane. :jam:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 06:54:50 AM by Cecil »

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »
I agree Shane was one of the most entertaining. But it does sort of spoil it for me to know he is an actor. So was most of his quirkiness just an act?

It reminds me of that Richard guy from the first season of Beauty and the Geek. I loved him, but have heard that he was a hired actor.

The death of reality shows will be if/when they stop casting regular people!!!  :umn:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 01:38:57 PM »
he's an actor?????????? woah what did i miss?
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 06:45:43 AM »
I dont think that was acting.  you could genuinely see the frustration and mood swings that quitting smoking brought to him.  I honestly think it was all legit.