Author Topic: Nick Stanbury/ Voted off  (Read 8935 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Nick Stanbury/ Voted off
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »

Nick Stanbury grew up in Riverton, Wyoming. He attended his freshman year of college at Montana State University in Bozeman. He transferred to Arizona State University his sophomore year and received a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and supply chain management. 

Stanbury currently works in financial sales and supplements his income as a waiter. He previously worked in radio sales, as a salesperson at Pure Fitness and an Operations Analyst at Parker Aerospace. His hobbies include basketball, golf, weight lifting, fly fishing, hiking, reading and traveling. He describes himself as curious, loving and analytical. He is proudest of assembling the most incredible friends imaginable. He feels he'll be the Sole Survivor because of his willingness to try anything and his enjoyment of success or failure. Stanbury wants to be on SURVIVOR so he can travel, learn about himself in a difficult situation and meet smart, beautiful women. 

Stanbury is currently single and residing in Tempe, Arizona. His birth date is July 21, 1980. 

FAVORITES

Colors  Blue, green, brown 
Scents Musty dive bars, ocean breeze 
Flowers Rose 
Board Games Balderdash 
Video Games No favorite 
Sports to Play Basketball, golf 
Sports Teams Phoenix Suns, Atlanta Braves, ASU Sun Devils 
Outdoor Activities Fly fishing, skiing, wakeboarding 
TV Shows Entourage, Nip/Tuck, The Daily Show 
Movies The Big Lebowski, True Romance 
Actors Bill Murray, Christopher Walken, Ross Thomas, Vince Vaughn 
Actresses Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen 
Music Rap, alternative, jam bands, bluegrass 
Magazines The Economist, Harper's Magazine 
Books/Authors Ayn Rand, F.A. Hayek, Hermann Hesse 
Cereals Grape-Nuts, Quaker Oatmeal, Fruity Pebbles 
Fruits Pineapple, raspberries 
Snack Foods Baked Cheetos, raw almonds 
Cookies Chocolate chip 
Candy Bars No favorite 
Alcoholic Drinks Budweiser, Maker's Mark whiskey 
Non-Alcoholic Red Bull, Arnold Palmer 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:00:57 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Nick Stanbury
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:11:03 PM »
Tempe Man Set to Compete on Survivor Panama: Exile Island

Castaway: Nick Stanbury | Day Job: Financial Sales | Age: 25

Nick Stanbury grew up in Riverton, Wyoming. He attended his freshman year of college at Montana State University in Bozeman. He transferred to Arizona State University his sophomore year and received a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and supply chain management. Nick is set to compete on Survivor Panama: Exile Island when the 12th installment premieres on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2006.

Stanbury currently works in financial sales and supplements his income as a waiter. He previously worked in radio sales, as a salesperson at Pure Fitness and an Operations Analyst at Parker Aerospace. His hobbies include basketball, golf, weight lifting, fly fishing, hiking, reading and traveling. He describes himself as curious, loving and analytical. He is proudest of assembling the most incredible friends imaginable. He feels he'll be the Sole Survivor because of his willingness to try anything and his enjoyment of success or failure. Stanbury wants to be on SURVIVOR so he can travel, learn about himself in a difficult situation and meet smart, beautiful women.

Stanbury is currently single and residing in Tempe, Arizona. His birth date is July 21, 1980.
http://www.azreporter.com/?itemid=633&catid=17

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »
Fav actress
Code: [Select]
Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen.    :o

Did I read that right..
wow that's scary stuff

Send him right home  :groan:
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »
Valley's favorite son carries load for team

Suzanne Condie Lambert
The Arizona Republic
Feb. 15, 2006 12:00 AM

In Week 2, the four gender/age-segregated tribes are combined into the new La Mina and Casaya. Now the castaways will have to form themselves into obnoxious cliques the old-fashioned way. A schoolyard pick leaves Bruce the odd man out - he'll spend the night alone on (duh duh DUH!) Exile Island with a new clue to the location of the immunity idol and Misty's recipe for earthworm tartar. On the bright side, Bruce will replace whoever gets voted out at the next tribal council.

• Notable Nick moments: Nick is MVP for La Mina when he carries the weight in a reward challenge that involves an obstacle course and schlepping giant, wooden snakes. It isn't Freudian at all. The team wins fishing gear, which Sally promptly loses when she decides to practice using it in the deepest water possible. Nick tells her it's no big deal. Nick is a talented liar. Nick and Austin are approached for alliances with dynamic duos Terry and Dan and Sally and Misty. No deals are made, but the women might have the advantage, what with their advanced bikini-wearing skills. Also, the teams are either 90 percent hobbit or Nick is very tall.

• Notable non-Nick moments: The yellow-fingered monkey on Shane's back makes him a detoxing ray of sunshine. Somewhere, the surgeon general is busy drafting a statement saying, "For you, Shane, smoking is OK. And while you're at it, give seat belts a rest, too." Still, Courtney, Danielle and Aras join Shane in an alliance, which Shane seals with the always creepy classic, "I swear to you on my son's life, it's us four." But after Casaya loses the immunity challenge, Shane begs the others to send him home to his sweet, sweet cigarettes, er, son. Aras takes Shane aside, and whatever is promised - Skoal bath? A lap dance from the Chesterfield girl? - Shane decides to stay. Then Shane violates the first rule of Survivor alliances - don't talk about Survivor alliances - graciously telling Cirie and Melinda, "There's been an arrangement obviously made. I don't care which one of you goes. Whoever doesn't go now is going next."

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/tv/articles/0215survivor0216.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Nick Stanbury/ Voted off
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 10:01:34 AM »
Nick Stanbury's Early Show Interview
(Transcript by James Barber for SurvivorFever.net  3.31.06)

JULIE: The long-awaited merge finally happened last night on Survivor, but unfortunately for the La Mina tribe, the numbers were not in their favor. That allowed the Casaya alliance to pick off one of their strongest competitors.

(clips package)

JULIE: Good morning.

NICK: Good morning. Nice to see you.

JULIE: You're even polite when you get ousted. What was that you threw to Cirie and why did you throw it to her?

NICK: I threw Cirie my socks.

JULIE: Your dirty, sweaty socks, after a...

NICK: There's no such thing as dirty, sweaty socks out there. They're warm, comfortable, woolen socks, and they're actually hand-me-downs, from Dan, to Cirie, to me.

JULIE: Why Cirie? You know she voted you out.

NICK: I know what it's like to not have that type of thing out there. Bygones. By that point, I didn't care. Those things - I didn't hold any grudges. Her socks were torn up, I felt terrible for her. I told her before Tribal Council, "If it's me tonight, Cirie, my socks are yours. I promise."

JULIE: But did you think before Tribal Council that it would be you? Because Austin kind of had a target on his back.

NICK: Yes, it was a surprise to me to be voted out last night.

JULIE: So why you? Why do you think they picked you off? The alliance of 6 on the other side, they all voted for you.

NICK: Physical threat. You know, I surprised them during the challenge, with I guess my strength, endurance, what have you, and from then it was like they said in the meeting, like Aras, or excuse me Shane, said, they thought Austin was the main physical threat, Nick proved he's more of a physical threat, so I think that spelled my demise.

JULIE: Every Friday morning we have a secret scene from last night's show, from Survivor, that didn't make air. You were so secure with your standing last night, I want to show this Secret Scene.

[
NICK (solo): Pretty big night. I'm on the block tonight, myself and Austin. I think it's Austin. Austin thinks it's Austin, and he's planning on departing tonight.

(Austin packs a bag)

AUSTIN (solo): I'm incredibly disappointed that this is most likely my last few hours on the island. The Ex-Casaya camp came in with the numbers at the merge, and we just get picked off one by one, and unfortunately I happen to be first.

(Austin/Nick/Sally/Danielle sit by the fire)

AUSTIN: Well, I can honestly say there's nothing more I could've done.

NICK (solo): I'm crushed right now. It sucks. It's almost like, if he goes, I wanna go.]

JULIE: Well, you kinda got your wish. You got to go and he stayed. So does it sound like he's gonna be the next one off?

NICK: It could be. He's not looking so good right now, with the Casaya tribe convinced Terry has the immunity idol, and the next physical threat would be Austin, so I'm worried for him.

JULIE: What are the rules for Survivor? Because we found out at the end of last night's show, that your buddy, the leader of the pack of four, Terry, not only did he of course have the immunity necklace on, but he has the immunity idol in his pocket that he got when he went to Exile Island. He could have saved one of you guys, right?

NICK: He absolutely could have saved one of us.

JULIE: Did you know he had both immunity idols?

NICK: No, I did not know he had the original idol from Exile Island.

JULIE: Did you ever ask him, or did he lie about it?

NICK: I never directly looked Terry in the eye and asked him if he had the idol.

JULIE: Why not?

NICK: It was just something where I didn't think he had it for sure, especially as quickly as he did find it, it was a big shock to me.

JULIE: Did you feel betrayed by your own leader?

NICK: It's a game where even the greatest alliances are very thin, and Terry goes out for himself, and if I was in Terry's position last night I would have done the same exact thing. I would have kept my mouth shut, and if no one had directly asked me I have certainly not come forward.

JULIE: OK, so you can't blame him.

NICK: Can't blame him.

JULIE: Do you think Austin and Sally will feel the same?

NICK: Y'know, I don't know if they will feel the same, because it honestly could've shaken up the game greatly last night.

JULIE: Huge.

NICK: We would've had Shane ousted, we would've had 4 on 5 with hopefully getting Bruce over to us because I think it was really Shane that was keeping Bruce on their team, so that would have been amazing for the game, to have the idol brought out for Austin or I . You never know.

JULIE: You never know on Survivor.

NICK: You never do, so it's up to Terry, and it's Terry's choice, and hopefully it serves him well later in the game.

JULIE: So you're rooting for him?

NICK: I'm absolutely rooting for him. Terry and Austin, I hope you guys are the final 2.

JULIE: And what's next for you, Nick?

NICK: Law school. Be a student, education's the #1 in my life now, so we'll see.

JULIE: You're a good kid.

NICK: Pleasure meeting you.

JULIE (shakes Nick's hand): Nick Stanbury. Pleasure meeting you.

http://www.survivorfever.net/s12_earlyshow_nick.html

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 12:49:16 PM »
Wow the nicest interview we have seen in a long time!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 02:15:19 PM »
He sorta reminds me of Brandon , too bad he never had a chance to show his personality on Survivor ..I guess they didn't want us to like him too much  :(  ?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:42:14 AM »
yeah, that was a nice interview.  I also thought it was very kind of him when he gave Cirie his socks, he is a good sport and hopefully this will not be the last that we see of him either.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 01:08:45 AM »
:yaya:

Survivor's Machete Man Gets Nick'd
by Allison Corneau

Nick Stanbury, Survivor: Panama — Exile Island

When CBS aired dramatic promos for the return of its Thursday-night reality staple Survivor: Panama — Exile Island (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET), it was clear the game was about to head in an entirely new direction. Drama kicked in to high gear once the tribes viewers love (and love to hate) joined forces in this season's merge. The traditional postmerge endurance challenge saw La Mina's Nick Stanbury, Terry and Austin make it to the final three, where it was a fight to the finish for individual immunity. By hanging upside down for 46 minutes, Nick earned a second-place finish, but his Gitanos tribe mates felt his physical presence was cause to send him packing. TVGuide.com sat down with the Wyoming native the day after his ejection to get the scoop on his Panama stay, why he won't be handling a machete any time soon, and his affinity for Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
TVGuide.com: What has the reaction been like from your family and friends since your elimination episode aired?
Nick Stanbury: I really haven't had the chance to get in touch with many of them. I'm sure they're a little upset. They can't possibly understand why the others wanted to get rid of me, but I told them it was a game and I knew what I was signing up for.

TVGuide.com: You missed the three-week mark by just a few days. Did it seem like 18 whole days out there?
Nick: It felt so short! The days flew by. At the same time, the game is not even halfway done. I had a hard time believing some of the stuff I went through in 18 days.

TVGuide.com: But you did make the all-important merge. When that happened, you mentioned that the tribes felt "two days of love."
Nick: Well, when you come with a crate full of goodies and alcohol, the love seems to make itself a little more apparent. It was "two days of love" when we met and Casaya had no reason not to reciprocate. Hell, their life was looking great. They were thinking they had nothing to worry about, going into the merge with the numbers in their favor.

TVGuide.com: I believe it was Melinda who coined the groups the "kumbaya tribe" and the "crazy tribe."
Nick: Casaya — the dysfunctional misfit tribe. You love to say that, but they put together a pretty good winning streak and they were able to perform when it mattered.

TVGuide.com: In advance of last week's episode, CBS aired promos suggesting someone would get carried off the island on a stretcher. In actuality, the episode dealt with an incident during the construction of a shelter where you accidentally chipped Bruce's tooth with a machete. What exactly happened?
Nick: The events in the promo have yet to be seen. The machete incident was basically just us not thinking. While we were building the shelter, Bruce was holding rope and I was cutting up — which you're never supposed to do — and his face was about 2 feet from the knife.

TVGuide.com: Didn't they teach you not to do that in the Boy Scouts?
Nick: I actually wasn't [a Boy Scout], but I should have been — it would have been nice preparation. The knife cut through the thin rope and it was just a sickening sound. I was terrified that I not only might get voted out that night, but I might have severely injured someone.

TVGuide.com: Would you say the biggest thing you learned on Survivor is not to go near machetes again anytime soon?
Nick: Yeah. I learned to think about what I'm doing when I'm doing it. It was completely uncalled-for.

TVGuide.com: Let's get your take on the immunity challenge. Was the fact that it was simply a test of endurance a relief for you?
Nick: I was glad it was physical — I needed and wanted it to be. I was the third physical threat, behind Austin and Terry, and maybe I could have hidden that for another vote if the new tribe didn't see my physical strength. The challenge was very exposing for me, which ended up being a disadvantage.

TVGuide.com: You did rather well, and that got Gitanos spooked.
Nick: I knew I was looking really bad once I outlasted Austin. You either win it or you look weak and finish third.

TVGuide.com: It seemed difficult to remain focused, especially when Jeff Probst constantly made comments to try to throw you off. How on earth did you manage to concentrate?
Nick: He was trying to provoke a little conversation and because he does it during challenges and tribal council, we came to expect it. I wish he would have kept talking, because the longer Jeff talked and the more involved I was with his conversation, the less I was thinking about how bad my arms were burning and how much skin was getting scraped off my forearm. I was like, "Tell me a story, Jeff. Tell me anything."

TVGuide.com: During that conversation, Shane hoped to be offered a cigarette in exchange for removing himself from the challenge. What item would you have wanted in exchange for stepping down?
Nick: Historically, the postmerge endurance challenge has food rewards. I wasn't expecting it, but I definitely thought it would happen. Peanut butter and chocolate would have been hard to resist. Anything with calories.

TVGuide.com: After the merge, which Casaya member did you think had the best shot at advancing in the game?
Nick: Without a doubt Aras. Aras is the leader of Casaya at this point in the game. Courtney and Danielle view Shane as this complete weirdo flake, and they need to pull together because it's really Aras who sways that tribe. Right now, I'm still rooting for Austin and Terry, but from the Casaya people, it's Bruce or Aras. The only person I'm really rooting against is Danielle, because she's just boring. She never said anything and was just... there.

TVGuide.com: Your CBS.com bio states your reason for heading to the island was to meet "smart, beautiful women." Did you succeed?
TVGuide.com: I can't really answer that yet since the show just got over, but being on the Survivor hasn't hurt. If I meet someone who doesn't know about my being on the show, I don't tell them. I didn't have trouble meeting people before this, but it's so silly for someone to want to meet me because of Survivor.

TVGuide.com: Which of the women made your time in Panama a little easier?
Nick: Ruth Marie, Misty and Sally. Ruth Marie was a motherly presence. On night 10 or 11, I had panic attacks and couldn't sleep and Ruth Marie totally calmed me down. I was always grateful for that. Misty and Sally are both beautiful, smart girls — great to have around.

TVGuide.com: You describe yourself as "overly analytical." What did you find yourself analyzing most on the island: the nutritional value of snail stew, the La Mina women, or how to shut up Shane once arriving at the Gitanos beach?
Nick: Definitely the food. The women were great, but when you're that hungry, everyone becomes asexual. A can of peanut butter would have dwarfed any of the girls. Shane didn't bother me. His annoyance is definitely being played up. He's unpredictable in a group when he thinks he needs attention, but when you sit down with him and talk about his son and girlfriend and life in L.A., he's a pretty interesting guy. He made the game fun and I liked watching him in action — everything from his posture to his crazy hair to his denim, thigh-length shorts!

TVGuide.com: Going back to your online bio, are Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen really your favorite actresses?
Nick: It was a little tongue-in-cheek at the time, and I'm not saying I didn't write that, but it came back to haunt me. I was just being a smart-ass and I didn't know that was going to be on CBS.com!

TVGuide.com: But it did, and since we're in New York, why don't you leave us with your critical take of New York Minute?
Nick: I wish I could give you one! If for any reason our paths cross and I have the chance to meet Mary-Kate and Ashley, I'd love to take them up on that. I know they're over 18 now!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/?cmsGuid=%7BAFE27928-056B-4F04-8FE7-8A6760463B7A%7D