Author Topic: Gauntlet episode 1/15/06 disussion  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Gauntlet episode 1/15/06 disussion
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:28:04 AM »
Well From the  previews I thought Beth was going to blow it for them, she actually preformed well.  And I do agree with Beth Montanya did it to save herself.  This episode sucked!!!!  We lsot Ruthie to keep Beth.  :'(  However Beth won fair and square.

Robin blew it for them...they had the lead and then she walked.    I felt bad for Ruthie as she was a good competitor...and I thought Beth was going to quit and then you could see the light bulb go off saying I could really screw them if I win.

Funny thing is Julie and Beth did very well and they are usually the ones everyone hates.  And in the end Montanya wanted to be Beth's friend...hell yeah because she knew she was next to go the gauntlent.  Not much drama except Beth and Montayna. 

I have to give it to Derrick he does not like Beth but he is smart enough to be nice and respectful of her.  No need to get on her bad side.

Offline TXRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite Texan!
Re: Gauntlet episode 1/15/06 disussion
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:48:41 AM »
omg.... that was so painful to watch.  I'm sick that Ruthie lost the challenge.  I'm still not understanding why she picked that one... she should have gone for the climbing one or something, where Beth's weight would have worked against her a little (maybe).  I thought she was gonna get it for a minute.  The look on the Vets faces were priceless though... kinda like 'ummm... how'd that happen' ??? 

Should be an interesting time with Beth at the helm.. one thing is for sure... lots of drama coming and of course, some more cat fights :meow:

Offline TXRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite Texan!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 07:59:57 AM »
One more thing.... didn't Robin screw something else up for her team before?  Not on this show... I'm thinking it might have been the Inferno II.  I've got a mental picture of her on a bus, where they have to walk across beams or something, and she totally jacked up.  Very well could have been someone else though... just curious!

I do wish Tonya was here this time.... she drives me up the WALL, but it would have been interesting having her there with Beth again!  lol  And where is the Miz?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 09:12:39 AM »
Love your avatar by the way!!!

Actually it was challenger's choice, Beth got to pick the challenge.  I am sure if Ruthie were to pick it would have been climbing or somethign she knew she would win.  I think people let the fact that they knew beth woudl stir things up  rather then the one who messed up in the challenge.n  I like Robin but she blew it for them, they were ahead.  Not that I think she could have beaten ALton, but she could have at least tried.

Beth knows the game rules, and knows her team does not like her.  So she knows next challenge she can not go to the gauntlent, so why try.  And then when it is the girls, well she is going in so what difference does it make.  I can see Beth not trying at any of the male challenges and i can see her screwing up jsut to put Montana in the guantlet, I do not think montana can beat Beth.

If you remember to the inferno Beth purposely miscounted her money to screw her team mates.

Hope you keep coming back to talk about the challenges.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 09:26:46 AM »
I think Beth knocking out Ruthie was one of the most deflating Gauntlet defeats for a team in Real World/Road Rules history.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline TXRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite Texan!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »
I totally forgot about her counting the money wrong!  lol... that was great!  One thing about Beth, she makes me laugh!

Now that I think back.. it didn't even click that it was challenger's choice... I guess I got stuck on Alton when he choose... I dunno.  Hard telling.. I was probably screaming at the TV (embarrassingly enough.. yeah, I do that!)

OK, here's another question... amazingly enough (apparently I don't watch the opening credits too well), I just figured out THIS WEEK that Katie is on here.  Has she said a word?  Have I missed an episode somewhere?  Seems to be that Katie was always in the middle of everything before.... maybe 'cuz Veronica isn't around to give her crap this time!  Seems to me that the show has entirely centered so far on certain people and you haven't heard anything from a lot of them.  Case in point... Jamie.  Has it always been this way or is my brain getting fuzzy?

Vets have got an interesting set up right now with Derrick and Beth... those poor peeps.. gotta feel for them!

Texan, I'll be around!  No one I know watches this show... all are Survivor and TAR junkies!  Good to have other peeps to chat with this about!

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 10:57:26 PM »
Damn...I feel so sorry for the Veteran team with Beth at the reigns. I can't believe she took out Ruthie in the Gauntlet! Montana should have been in there, or maybe even Robin. Someone else should have been in the spotlight. (Well, time for Beth to start more crap.)

As with those who don't have a lot of air time, maybe it's because they might be stirring stuff up later on? Katie is usually getting into things this early in games, but this time around...she's really not. What is up with her?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score