Author Topic: EP 4 Discussion  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
EP 4 Discussion
« on: October 07, 2003, 10:18:59 AM »
Okay to start this off I want to warn people that there are potential spoilers in this thread so do not read if you do not want to know!

This is to discuss the EP 4 for Survivor 7.  This will help with several of the games that people are playing. Most of my information comes from survivorblows and Votedoff message board and their information is from a variety of sources…snewser, survivorpheonix and others.  Please remember to give the spoiler board you find information from credit when posting.

Okay here we go…this is the results that are on the boards
RC ~ Drake
IC  ~ Morgan

Suppose to be a twist to the IC and the spoilers say it is a pick a tribe member from the other team…..Rupert to go to Morgan.  There are mixed opinions to if Morgan has to give up a player or not…if they do Ryan O is rumored to get booted

Snewser reports that Zap2It.com reports the following:
Look for the Morgan tribe to recover their buried treasure on this Thursday's "Survivor: Pearl Islands."

Maybe Ryan and Andrew find it when they are looking for a new fishing hole.

Boot predictions ~ well there are several out there.

Jon
Christa
Sandra
Burton
Trish
Ryan O

The person that has too much to drink at TC is rumored to be JON based on the amount he drank in the first episode.

I will try and post more as I find it.  Please add you spoilers, opinions and discuss.  It is always better when everyone participates.  Visit some of the sites mentioned, they have vid caps, great analysis from good spoilers (I mean the people  trying to spoil the game here when I say spoilers  ;D)

Theresa

Re:EP 4 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 11:03:53 AM »
Thanks for the info Texan.  I am catching up here today, hopefully I can get to the spoiler sites tomorrow and then maybe i can add to the discussion.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 11:48:54 AM »
I really don't think that it is Jon that goes. It just seems to obious at this point. Especially since they wanted to make us think that from the previews last week. I would almost have to say that it is Sanda that gets the boot.

With the whole burried treasure, if Morgan gets the last part of the map, I am sure that they could find the treasure pretty easy. I wonder what is in it? I bet it is some clothes.

Rob

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 12:54:29 PM »
Some speculation I've read is it's the other teams personal items that they originally were gonna take to the island. (which might explain the whiskey for this episodes TC if drake ends up going) since it was a morgan member that had all that alcohol he wanted to bring to the island)

Theresa

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 10:17:14 AM »
That is what I sort of figured it would be, their personal items.

Theresa

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 11:35:56 AM »
One tribe recovers a buried treasure. But will it have been worth the search?
I still wonder what MB means by this? I remember reading somewhere that Jeffy told them that "in the treasure chest will be everything that you will need for the rest of the game" or something like that? I have another thought ???If Morgan finds the treasure ..is it possable that (as predicted)that Drake takes it in the pillage for the RC?
And thank you for the spoilers Theresa! ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 01:11:49 PM »
OK~~ I found it -------------------------------------------------
This is the transcript of JP’s treasure chest hunt announcement at the episode 2 RC

"Want to know what you’re playing for?
It’s two parts. Here is a shovel and a key. These are yours to keep.

Buried on each of your islands somewhere is a Treasure Chest with enough bounty to last you for a long long time.

The reward for today’s challenge, first clue, piece of the map that will lead you to your treasure chest.

This is the first of three clues. The winning tribe will also get to loot, that is steal, one item from the other tribe’s camp. This will apply to all future tribal challenges so you have something extra to play for now.

Ready to get this goin’?"
Now if only I could find out where the rumor started that Osten is the one who gets drunk?Did anyone else hear this?Someone said that there is a picture of Osten holding a glass of something?and the CBS site says that the person who gets drunk is drinking whiskey?From what I remember..Osten was the only one to have Whiskey  and Vodka in his personal belongings..OK..so Morgan is rumored to have found the treasure..Is this "Bounty?"Whiskey? and why would Osten still be wearing his droopy drawers? {My head is spinning ;D  }What's my point?I'm still not convinced that Morgan stumbles upon the treasure..Could it be that Morgan wins the RC and not the IC??and with that they get a piece of the map ..Osten gets drunk and is the one that makes the scene at IC??And Rupert aka "the swap" is part of their reward?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 01:15:11 PM by puddinpie »

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 06:57:57 PM »
Here's the Pearl Island Journal for this week from CBS

I'm going to share my thoughts, feel free to set me straight , or expand , or provide your own.
Here's what CBS Says:
THURSDAY ON SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS

Andrew and Ryan go in search of a good fishing spot, but instead they find themselves in a dangerous situation: lost in the jungle without water. (If this is like last weeks 2 people stay behind and the others speculate as to what they're up to we won't see this, I doubt it will have anything worth value)

One tribe recovers a buried treasure. But will it have been worth the search?
(Perhaps Drake search for the treasure wears them out and they lose the I.C. or this is where the alchol is found, and some one becomes so drunk they have a hang -over next day and lose I.C. then before Tribal Counsel they hit the bottle again and create a spectical)

The Immunity Challenge shocks the tribes with an unexpected reward.  
(I've heard of winners pick a player, or swap, some combination.  )

Lubricated by whiskey, one Survivor creates a spectacle at Tribal Council that is not to be missed. [color=Purple(Now at first I thought Jon, but now I'm thinking perhaps someone else.  Why could this not be Michelle, but we haven't seen enough of her to create a reason to boot here.)

Or if we go with Morgan again losing the I.C.  Could this be Tijuanai, I can't imagine, unless the TVGal article is right and not a typo that Morgan finds their treasure.  I could see her fighting over Osten being more valuable than Darrah, Perhaps while Andrew and Rhino where lost in the woods they decide, who the next boot should be, at this point even before I.C. they have to be thinking about his inablility to swim and perform in challenges.  It has been suggested that Osten is using this a strategy and that is the "big lie" he really is a good swimmer.  Sounds stupid to me and if he makes it to the end, I don't think I can watch Survivor again, I can't stand whiners, liars are one thing throwing challenges is another.  sorry, really disappointed in Osten, he had so much potential.)[/color]

Lastly the title of this episode is "Pick a castaway... Any Castawy"

Now there are a whole slew, of possiblitys, this is how people, are substanciating the idea the Rupert goes to Morgan.  That the winners of the I.C. reward is to pick any castaway to capture for their team or as a prisoner.

While these are great ideas, I think this is what MB would like us to think.  I think in reallity this title refers the I.C. itself  The survivors are on platforms on one side and their boat is on the other side, they have to choose a survivor of the other team to go against to get into their boat. who ever gets their players in first wins.

Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 07:30:15 PM »
Great job SnickersThis will be a great show this week ???
While these are great ideas, I think this is what MB would like us to think.  I think in reallity this title refers the I.C. itself  The survivors are on platforms on one side and their boat is on the other side, they have to choose a survivor of the other team to go against to get into their boat. who ever gets their players in first wins.

This is what I was thinking too??But the all of the other boards are convinced of the switch?My girls don' t know anything about spoilers and they think that Rupert isn't going to Morgan..how unfair would that be after he's worked so hard for the Drake team?and they also think that Drake will throw the IC so that they could get rid if Jon..(out of the mouth of babes)
(Now at first I thought Jon, but now I'm thinking perhaps someone else.  Why could this not be Michelle, but we haven't seen enough of her to create a reason to boot here.)
..I was thinking that it could br Christa..I remember seeing her sharing a bottle with the guys?
I can't imagine, unless the TVGal article is right and not a typo that Morgan finds their treasure
And who the heck is this tv gal anyway? She didn't even answer my question :(... time to go lurking~~ ;)

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 08:25:18 PM »
This is what I was thinking too??But the all of the other boards are convinced of the switch?My girls don' t know anything about spoilers and they think that Rupert isn't going to Morgan..how unfair would that be after he's worked so hard for the Drake team?

Fairness has never entered into it... LOL

We have had random switches determined by standing on disks, switches involving just asking for 2 people to go do something, I think the closest thing to fair was them asking if anyone wanted to switch... of course, no one took them up on that one...

This is close to my reasoning for the choices I've posted in the Mediiiawhore question thread... I just hate being one of the few to think it.  Most people are convinced a switch is coming... however, I think it's just a lot of hot air from EPMB.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 08:55:15 PM »
OT: Angel~~I just Love what you've done to your kitty's hair :D ~~Now..I have to know?? Will your kitty ever catch that mouse??LOL~~

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2003, 10:35:02 AM »
I started a new topic in "Spoilers"~~Ep4 Picks from across the boards~~If anyone has something to add please feel free to help out~~ ;)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 10:54:25 AM »
Angel I like your new Pirate cat too!

Well I changed my pick to Burton based on several good spoilers ~ Krautboy, Trxx, Bebo, misto.  I could be wrong but I was not overly confident with my pick or Jon or Christa either.

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2003, 12:10:57 PM »
what about the rumor that he is around for family reward?
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 12:34:31 PM »
Lets try this again... (the board dropped my post)

OT: Angel~~I just Love what you've done to your kitty's hair  ~~Now..I have to know?? Will your kitty ever catch that mouse??LOL~~

My Avatar is actually a representation of my position over at VO.  I am the Cat, the users there are the mice and I am forever watching them as they run around... LOL

Of course, the cat will always get the mice if they do something wrong!   ;D

The modifications to my kitty were done by Paddington over there... thankfully, she has more talent than I do at modifying graphics!

As far as getting back On topic...

TDT and Village of the Damned have came out with the following:

RC: Drake
IC: Morgan
Boot: Burton

I've changed my pics in the games to match since VOD (affiliated in some way with Survivor Phoenix) has one of the leading teams in the games. (and has for several seasons)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 12:36:34 PM by archangelnot »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2003, 12:46:20 PM »
Of course, the cat will always get the mice if they do something wrong

Only if it is something wrong, not Bad??  :-*  Sorry could not resiste!  8)

Well either we will move up with the correct guess or fall due to the wrong guess.  ANd since there are many agruements for several players hopefully we will not fall far if we have the wrong boot.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2003, 08:37:37 PM »
Thanks to all of the spoilers  ;) I'm glad that we took Burton for the boot!!Darn...I thought for sure that it was going to be a swap >:(..lol next week..It looks like Shawn and Michelle are in trouble ???here we go again ???

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2003, 01:14:05 AM »
Only if it is something wrong, not Bad??

LOL - You've missed my subnick over there I see... I'm the bad one.  "Vo's bad angel"