Author Topic: TAR 9 Teams - Speculation Thread  (Read 50160 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: TAR9 premiere Date Feb 28th
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2006, 03:16:02 PM »
Why take any at all? :bliss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2006, 03:26:17 PM »
Gman  :lol: !! Alrighty then  :jumpy:

:bump: since banzai did such a great job on this ....and adding John & Scotts TV-Guide picture

TAR9 Premiere episode 
February 28th, 2006 
the Brazilian leg
puddin's compilation

photo shoots
team introductions

teams go to the starting point

all teams start out at the Red Rocks amphitheater in Denver, Colorado, USA. (thanks to Dedwards @ Twop)

starting point: Red Rocks amphitheater  (thanks to Chateau_d_If)
teams rush to the car and drive to the airport
Here is the route to the airport. (thanks to Chateau_d_If)
Dani/Danielle at the Denver International Airport, Colorado, USA (thanks to slowhatch)

fly to Brazil by Varig/Brazillian airline to São Paulo International Guarulhos Airport (thanks supsandalee)

Viaduto Santa Ifigenia, São Paulo, Brazil (thanks to slowhatch)

Viaduto Santa Ifigenia /São Paulo, Brazil (thanks to Kogs, Neobie & pingpong)

street scene of São Paulo, Brazil ?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
HELICOPTER TASK

go up to the rectangle heliport
waiting at the heliport
  (mother/daughter team)
PT-YPR/Brazil (thanks to Slowhatch)

fly to the square heliport
_____________________________________________________________________________________
another TASK

the Grupo Aeromot hangar
Av. Santos Dumont, 1979 Lote 13, Setor E Hangar 01, Campo de Marte - Bairro Santana - 02012-010 - São Paulo - SP
Campo de Marte (code SBMT).  ( thanks Slowhatch)

after the task, take a cab to ....
John & Scott ( TV-Guide )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2006, 10:12:13 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 9 Site is up ! Teams !
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2006, 10:47:15 AM »
I will dig out the pictures (and some of them are hu-flippin-larious), get them scanned and posted them here tomorrow. He could be the funniest person I know.

He's not very athletic, but we did ride our bikes for Boston to New York in 3 days 1 summer and that's was the toughest AIDS Ride I've ever done. I hope I have pictures of that...

Mike-e  , have you run into John yet   :yaya: ?

:heartsV:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2006, 10:54:04 PM »
just two more weeks and it will be on.  I can hardly wait. :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2006, 01:33:43 PM »
just two more weeks and it will be on.  I can hardly wait. :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Ditto for me Bath.   :woohoo: :bliss: :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 9 Teams - Speculation Thread
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2006, 04:50:48 PM »
Presents !!

VO: its bye bye to family competition as the Amazing Race returns with 2 person teams and its no surprise their race ready ,afterall a million dollar prize awaits ,but just who will be competing ? Heres a look.

RaYolanda
RaY : I think we'll probably be the most competitive team in the race .

Dani & Dani
Dees : I think that we both have the total package as far as you know looks and smarts and our personalitys .

Lori & David
Nerd David  : we are boyfrind & girlfriend and were getting ready to move in with each other and um hopefully sometime soon we'll get engaged to get married ..right ?
Lori : laughs

Michelle & Lake
Michelle: were a young couple with children ,married ,young professional ,you know stay at home mom ...I'll help at the office some but I think we made a __? and we also have a good chemisrty .

Eric & Jeremy
Eric: everyone looks at us and i'm sure they thinks were these abarcrombie models or whatever
Jeremy : were not i'm a valet he's a waiter ,were just beach bums
Eric : were not cool ..were not trying to prove ourselves to anyone
Jeremy : we know were not cool

Wanda & Desiree
Wanda: were both very well driven and were both achievers , so the fact that we are achievers drives us to the race and were hoping we will be one of the top 3 ..thats not ...
Desiree : Never mind top 3 were going to win

FranknBarry
Barry: We want to prove that age is just a number that one can be over 50 or in our case over 60 , um be healthy and fit ,forward thinking alert oriented and able to compete in a competition with much younger people .

John & Scott

John: were funny
Scott: funny
John: I think we bring everything to the table your gonna get fighting, us having a great time , laughing , cracking jokes and you know getting over terrable fears that we have ..bringing it all to the table

BJ & Tyler
Tyler : our motto is
BJ: Take all you can get .....and give Nothing back
"Yarrrrrr "  pirate Yarrrrr  :lol:

Lisa & Joni
Lisa:: we are the glamazons ,and we represent all big boned women of America
Joni : we need an all female team to win this race! , Girl Power ..errr Women power .

Mo-Jo /Monica & Joseph
Monica: were going to save our visciousness , were not against , you know pulling out all the stops ,stabbing other teams in the back ..you know if you have to ..its a game ..its a race and were gonna probably try to save that for the end .

VO: competitive ? you bet .But who will emerge victorious ? its anybodys race , this is Bob Windsor

Eric: its a pretty exciting time ,for everybody .

more on the way ...........
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:56:06 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2006, 05:07:02 PM »

this must be there headturning credit shot

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2006, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2006, 05:22:04 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2006, 05:28:47 PM »
Link here  :yaya:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2006, 05:35:45 PM »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »
Thanks, Puddin. Where was it originally? AOL? I got the link working once, but when I tried it again I got an 11-second ad "this can only be viewed at Ifilm." (Not my week for video, I guess; I'm going to order HDTV before the premiere to see if that will improve things)
Also: someone (I think maybe Chateau) speculated upstream that the skiing was pre-season. That's confirmed now, as well as MoJo kitesurfing (somewhere in Arkansas, I presume).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2006, 08:16:01 PM »
heres another link Slowhatch , your good with the properties on AOL  :jumpy:

its actually clearer than the link above

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1467327

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2006, 08:29:18 PM »
I found another clip !!!!!!!!!
Its Phil and clips from the end of TAR8 preview for TAR9

Phil: this race is going to capture the audiences imagination .There are very few shows that offer what Amazing Race has to offer .
This is a show that travels thousands of miles to some of the most exotic places around the world .You'll absolute see places you've never seen before but thats the beauty of the Amazing Race . Theres not a team that we have this time that you can say is like any other ,they're unique , dynamic engaging characters unlike anything we've ever seen before .The Amazing Race gives back as much as it takes .People walk away from this race and say it was a life changing experience .Why wouldn't you want to be on the amazing Race?

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1467321

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2006, 08:43:54 PM »
Racers pre-show:
rtsp://wms.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aoltelevision/2006/cbs/amazingrace/amazingrace_season9_022806_clip2_460.wmv
Phil interview:
rtsp://wmsorig.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aoltelevision/2006/cbs/amazingrace/amazingrace_season9_022806_clip1_460.wmv

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »
Your AWESOME Slowhatch  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2006, 01:24:08 PM »
Amazing Race 9: Meet the Racers
Amazing Race 9 Premieres Tues. Feb. 28 (9-11pm) On CBS4.
Click PLAY on your video viewer to meet the teams

(CBS4 News) LOS ANGELES Fasten your seatbelts because on Feb. 28, The Amazing Race takes off again for its ninth season.

This time, the reality adventure series returns to its international format in which teams of two will travel to exotic locations, spanning five continents, with stops in spots such as the Middle East, Moscow and Sicily.

"The Amazing Race 9" will begin with a special two-hour premiere on Tuesday, Feb. 28 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS. Starting Tuesday, March 7, the Amazing Race will move to its new timeslot from 10:00-11:00 PM ET/PT. Phil Keoghan is host of the series.

Now, let’s see who makes up the 11 teams of two:

BJ & Tyler are bohemian best buds who first met four years ago during the Semester at Sea program, where they shared the experience of sailing around the world. BJ is a graduate of Harvard University, while Tyler graduated from UC Santa Cruz after completing two semesters abroad--one in Hungary, the other in South Africa. Both have traveled the world extensively and speak several languages including Spanish and Japanese.

Scott and John represent best friends on the east coast. This team may have problems because John admits to being too controlling and also has a fear of flying.
John, who is single, lives in Boston, Massachusetts, where he works as a wealth manager and artist. He also plans to pursue a career in real estate one day.
Scott, who is in sales, currently resides on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. He describes himself as a fun and gregarious person whose personal motto is "live, live, live." He claims that the most exciting moment in life has yet to happen.

Desiree and Wanda are a mother daughter team looking to experience other cultures on the race. Wanda, a corporate trainer, is married and lives in Smyrna, Georgia. She’s also fluent in Spanish, which could help them out a lot during the race.
Desiree resides in New York City where she works as a writer.

Michelle and Lake are married parents from Mississippi. Lake is a dentist who has limited traveling experience outside of the United States. Michelle is a stay-at-home mother of three who works part-time in Lake's office.

Sisters Joni and Lisa have lived apart from each other for 20 years. The sisters hope their experience on THE AMAZING RACE will help them to reconnect with one another and make up for lost time.
Lisa, who lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, is also a mother of two and has been married for seven years.
Joni, who resides in Katy, Texas, is the mother of two and has been married for 10 years.

Barry and Fran have known each other for 45 years and have been married for over 40. The proud parents of two children, this adventure-loving couple makes their home in Summit County, Colorado. Fran, who is 61 years old, is a retired accountant who describes herself as having a positive outlook on life. Fran admits that she’s running THE AMAZING RACE to show that “old people” can compete just as well as most 25 year olds.
Barry, who is 63 years old, thrives on challenging himself and loves to compete. A retired urologist and former battalion surgeon with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam, Barry describes himself as outgoing and dependable.

Dani and Danielle are childhood friends hailing from Staten Island, New York. The two beauties met over 10 years ago and have been inseparable ever since.
Outgoing and talkative, Danielle, who recently graduated from St. Johns University with a degree in Speech Pathology, has limited experience when it comes to traveling abroad and is eager to see what this globetrotting adventure has to offer.
Dani recently graduated at the top of her class from Wagner College. She describes herself as being fun-loving, wild and eager to get out of Staten Island.

Jeremy and Eric are best friends from Fort Lauderdale. Both are admittedly cocky, very competitive and strong athletes. Sarcastic and patient, Jeremy is well-traveled and ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
Eric, who has little experience traveling outside of the United States, describes himself as being athletic and outgoing.

Ray and Yolanda are a dating couple of five years. An accomplished athlete, Yolanda ran track with Ray's cousin at the University of Florida. Natives of Florida, Ray & Yolanda now reside in Chicago, Illinois. Yolanda grew up in Gainesville, Florida and was a math and science teacher in Miami before she recently moved in with Ray, who is originally from Jacksonville. After receiving his law degree from the University of Miami and practicing law in South Florida, Ray accepted a position as an attorney in Chicago.

Joseph & Monica are a southern dating couple. After a brief separation the couple missed each other too much that they decided to give the relationship another try. They've been together ever since. Joseph describes himself as confident and funny, while Monica is independent and tenacious.

David & Lori are the third dating couple of the race from Manhattan, Kansas. Although Lori is ready to get married, David would like to get his career off the ground before he ties the knot.
Describing himself as intelligent and compassionate, David has done little traveling, but is eager to explore the world. His one phobia is heights.
An assistant manager at Pizza Hut, Lori says she is energetic, understanding and willing. She also believes herself to be more spontaneous than her partner, who is more reserved and likes to have a plan.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_054121052.html