Author Topic: TAR 9 Teams - Speculation Thread  (Read 50510 times)

Offline Mike-e

• " Just Jack "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can't out-run these 3 crazy women...
Re: The Amazing Race Site is up !
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »

OH MY GOD! I know John!!! He is soooooo funny and QUEENY! Our nickname for him is Miss Lowe (his last name). I hope they do well...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 9 Site is up ! Teams !
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »
OMG Mike-e Tell us more  :jumpy: Please  :woohoo:

Offline Mike-e

• " Just Jack "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can't out-run these 3 crazy women...
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2006, 01:13:40 PM »
I will dig out the pictures (and some of them are hu-flippin-larious), get them scanned and posted them here tomorrow. He could be the funniest person I know.

He's not very athletic, but we did ride our bikes for Boston to New York in 3 days 1 summer and that's was the toughest AIDS Ride I've ever done. I hope I have pictures of that...

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2006, 01:18:36 PM »
 :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2006, 01:21:42 PM »
Alright Mike-e  :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2006, 01:36:35 PM »
Ok we started a new topic just for the racers , it's for news articles and pictures  :waves:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?board=67.0

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2006, 01:47:14 PM »
So, there was nothing on The Early Show this morning? I checked CBSnews.com, and there was nothing on the site.

Nevertheless, Amber Mariano is on Wednesday with her book of advice for girls (there goes another generation...)
Jeff Probst is on Thursday.
The first Survivor: Panama - Exile Island loser is on Friday..which answers my question that tribal council still exists.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2006, 03:12:52 PM »
Yahoo! Let's party and Happy Chinese New Year!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »
LOL banzai Happy Chinese New Year !!

Mike-e , do you have anything else you can tell us about John ?? please post here
 http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=7616.0

:-*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2006, 06:10:54 PM »
'Amazing Race' Gets Back to Basics

Monday, January 30, 2006
09:19 AM PT

Although not one of the participants describes him- or herself as a model, actor or personal trainer, fans of "The Amazing Race" should feel comfortable that the show is getting back to its roots after last fall's family edition.
CBS on Monday (Jan. 30) unveiled the identities of the 11 teams competing in the ninth edition of the show, which premieres Tuesday, Feb. 28. CBS promises a much more globe-trotting competition this time -- which won't be tough considering the family race never left North America.

The teams will hit five continents this time around, with host Phil Keoghan meeting them in Moscow and the Middle East, among other exotic locales. As always, they'll be racing to claim a $1 million prize.

Among the competitors this time are two childhood friends from Staten Island, N.Y., neither of whom has traveled much; a pair of former junior-college track athletes; a couple that's been married 40 years; and a guy who has a fear of flying and hasn't been on a plane in eight years.
Here's a rundown of the teams:

Names: BJ Averell and Tyler MacNiven
Ages: 26, 25
Occupations: Online tutor, filmmaker
Hometowns: Los Angeles, San Francisco
Relationship: Best friends

Names: Scott Braginton-Smith and John Lowe
Ages: 41, 38
Occupations: Sales, wealth manager
Hometowns: West Harwich, Mass., Dorchester, Mass.
Relationship: Life-long friends

Names: Yolanda Brown-Moore and Ray Whitty
Ages: 27, 31
Occupations: Science teacher, attorney
Hometown: Chicago
Relationship: Dating

Names: Monica Cayce and Joseph Meadows
Ages: both 23
Occupations: Student, homebuilder
Hometowns: Fayetteville, Ark., Fort Smith, Ark.

Names: Wanda Lopez-Rochford and Desiree Cifre
Ages: 44, 24
Occupations: Corporate trainer, writer
Hometowns: Smyrna, Ga., New York
Relationship: Mother and daughter

Names: Michelle and Lake Garner
Ages: 36, 37
Occupations: Homemaker, dentist
Hometown: Hattiesburg, Miss.
Relationship: Married

Names: Joni Glaze and Lisa Hinds
Ages: 44, 48
Occupations: Children's minister, Realtor/artist
Hometowns: Katy, Texas, Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
Relationship: Sisters

Names: Barry and Fran Lazarus
Ages: 63, 61
Occupations: Retired physician, retired accountant
Hometown: Silverthorne, Colo.
Relationship: Married 40 years

Names: Jeremy Ryan and Eric Sanchez
Ages: 26, 27
Occupations: Valet, waiter
Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Relationship: Friends

Names: David Spiker and Lori Willems
Ages: 30, 25
Occupations: Musician, Pizza Hut manager
Hometown: Manhattan, Kan.

Names: Dani Torchio and Danielle Turner
Ages: both 22
Occupations: Recent college graduates
Hometown: Staten Island, N.Y.
Relationship: Childhood friends

Zapittv

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2006, 06:18:10 PM »
CBS' Latest "Amazing" Globetrotters

by Gina Serpe
Jan 30, 2006, 12:50 PM PT

And they're off...

CBS has revealed the identities of its latest batch of Amazing Race-rs, including college sweethearts, bohemian best buds and a mother-daughter pairing.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

The three-time Emmy-winning reality show will forgo last season's gimmick of four-member family teams and return to its original format for its ninth season, pitting 11 two-person teams against each other in a race around the world for a million-dollar prize.

Phil Keoghan again hosts the globe-trotting adventure series, which this season will span five continents and include stops in the Middle East, Moscow and Sicily, among other exotic locales, CBS announced Monday.

The 30-day trek requires contestants to compete in a series of mental and physical challenges at each destination, and only when each task is complete do they learn the location of their next mission. Each week, the team that's made the least amount of progress is eliminated.

Among the 22 contestants for The Amazing Race 9 are Tyler MacNiven, one-half of the self-proclaimed bohemian best-bud pairing, once walked the 2,000-mile length of Japan in order to impress a local woman, while married couple Fran and Barry Lazarus, both in their 60s and the race's oldest competitors, claim to have traveled to more than 45 countries and climbed all of Colorado's mountains.

Here's the complete list of competitors:

BJ Averell, 26, online tutor, Los Angeles; Tyler MacNiven, 25, filmmaker, San Francisco (best friends)
Scott Braginton-Smith, 41, sales rep, West Harwich, Massachusetts; John Lowe, 38, wealth manager, Dorchester, Massachusetts (lifelong friends)
Yolanda Brown-Moore, 27, science teacher, Chicago; Ray Whitty, 31, attorney, Chicago (dating)
Monica Cayce, 23, student, Fayetteville, Arkansas; Joseph Meadows, 23, homebuilder, Fort Smith, Arkansas (dating)
Desiree Cifre, 24, writer, New York; Wanda Lopez-Rochford, 44, corporate trainer, Smyrna, Georgia (mother/daughter)
Michelle Garner, 36, homemaker, Hattiesburg, Mississippi; Lake Garner, 37, dentist, Hattiesburg, Mississippi (married parents)
Joni Glaze, 44, children's minister, Katy, Texas; Lisa Hinds, 48, realtor/artist, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida (sisters)
Barry Lazarus, 63, retired physician, Silverthorne, Colorado; Fran Lazarus, 61, retired accountant, Silverthorne, Colorado (married 40 years)
Jeremy Ryan, 26, valet, Fort Lauderdale; Eric Sanchez, 27, waiter, Fort Lauderdale (friends)
David Spiker, 30, musician, Manhattan, Kansas; Lori Willems, 25, Pizza Hut manager, Manhattan, Kansas (dating)
Dani Torchio, 22, recent college grad, Staten Island; Danielle Turner, 22, recent college grad, Staten Island (childhood friends)

CBS is hoping a return to the original format will boost Race's Nielsens. Last season's family edition averaged just 10.8 million viewers, down from 13 million from the previous two-person team season.

The Amazing Race 9 kicks off with a two-hour season premiere Feb. 28 on CBS.

Eonline

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 9 Teams - Speculation Thread
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2006, 11:49:54 PM »
some press pictures

Best Friends" BJ Averell and Tyler Macniven. BJ is a 26-year-old online tutor from Los Angeles, CA. Tyler is a 25-year-old filmmaker from San Francisco, CA.

"Childhood Friends" Dani Torchio and Danielle Turner. Both are 22-year-old recent college graduates from Staten Island, NY

Dating Couple" David Spiker and Lori Willems. David is a 30-year-old musician while Lori is a 22-year-old Pizza Hut Manager. Both are from Manhattan, KS.

"Friends" Jeremy Ryan and Eric Sanchez. Jeremy is a 26-year-old waiter while Eric is a 27-year-old waiter. Both are from Fort Lauderdale, FL. 

"Married 40 Years Couple" Barry Lazarus and Fran Lazarus. Barry is a 63-year-old retired physician while Fran is a 61-year-old retired accountant. The couple lives in Silverthorne, CO.

"Life-long Friends" Scott Braginton-Smith and John Lowe. Scott is a 41-year-old working in sales from West Harwich, MA. John is a 38-year-old wealth manager from Dorchester, MA. 

"Dating Couple" Monica Cayce and Joseph Meadows. Monica is a 23-year-old student from Fayetteville, AR. Joseph is a 23-year-old homebuilder from Fort Smith, AR.

"Married Parents" Michelle Garner and Lake Garner. Michelle is a 36-year-old homemaker while Lake is a 37-year-old dentist. The couple lives in Hattiesburg, MS.

"Sisters" Joni Glaze and Lisa Hinds. Joni is a 44-year-old children’s minister from Katy, TX. Lisa is a 48-year-old realtor/artist from Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

"Dating Couple" Yolanda Brown-Moore and Ray Whitty. Yolanda is a 27-year-old science teacher while Ray is a 31-year-old attorney. Both are from Chicago, IL. 

"Mother And Daughter" Desiree Cifre and Wanda Lopez-Rochford. Desiree is a 24-year-old writer from New York, NY. Wanda is a 44-year-old corporate trainer from Smyrna, GA.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:58:10 PM by puddin »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »
TARJunkie999 on RealityTVWorld has identified the centre building in the CBS photo as Holiday Inn Denver, and that set me off on a search for the exact rooftop the photo was taken. Not much surprise here, but the teams were on the Adams Mark Hotel, starting line sequester for TAR9. (Phil was seen in the lobby two days before the race began.)

Some photos and maps to help us out...

http://www.emporis.com/files/transfer/sixwm/2004/11/320158.jpg
Picture of the Xcel Energy Technical Service Building

CBS photo. Can anyone teach the newbie how to avoid the picture being cropped?

Map of Denver area, with CBS photo view highlighted.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2006, 02:03:37 PM »
thanks for bringing this over Neobie , the pictures look great !and  I almost forgot about Phil being spotted in that lobby , nice  :jam: !!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR9 premiere Date Feb 28th
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2006, 11:23:56 AM »
Oh Boy Banzai ...Thank you  :woohoo:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »
observation:
this heliport is rectangle
this one is a square
  another team is beside Tyler. He has a TAR fanny pack too.
no cab, have to walk or run  :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2006, 05:28:44 PM »
I see him Eagleeyes banzai ,  :jam: ..looks like Jeremy ?

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »
Here are my views on the teams.

I will Start with GIRL TEAMS!

1. Danielle and Danielle:  Some say they will fall in the hot girl curse(2nd eliminated).  1. That doesnt exist its the Roomates curse all Kim and Lesie, Meredith and Maria, and Megan and Heidi's relationship was roomates. So with that i think they will go down the same lines as Kami and Karli just do alot better than them(in the way they wont be second to last almost every leg)  But i can see then potentially final five or three.

2. Lisa and Joni:  I dont will they be the next bowling moms or the next Peggy and Claire.  I will have to go with the next (more happy though) Peggy and Claire.

3. Wanda and Deseree: If anyone would fall into the second team eliminated i think it would be them.  They look like they were in shape and from the preview way back when (team 10 remember) they would have been my pic to win, but i was turned off by there CBS pick, i really just dont see them going far.  Even in the commercial they look good, but so did Megan and Heidi and look what happened to them. 

The Guy teams:

1. Eric and Jeremy: Nothing to say but why does the AR still cast teams like them, i think they are boring. Will prolly do good i mean the worst place a young male male team has ever come in was 6th and i only think two male male young in shape team havnt made the final three.  So chances are with them being in at least the final three. Unfortunally. 

2. John and Scott: Look like a Lynn and Alex but wont do nearly as good as they did.

3. BJ and Tyler:  They seem very unique, i dont think we have ever seen something like them before. I think they are going to be either the fun forth place team, or could be the next Bill and Joe, but i am leaning toward the fun team.

Girl/Guy Teams
1. Joe and Monica: Why they were casted i dont know, could be the next Kris and Jon, who were boring and the only reason KJ were so liked was because everyone else was not liked. I am hopeing they are either a Deniss and Erika or Ali and Donny so some of the more interesing teams go far.  Why they casted a good looking couple was not needed when Dani and Dani  and Erik and Jeremy are hot enough.

2. Lake and Michelle: Heard he is a jerk and her family is not very well liked so i think they will be the nasty team and go out like Ray and Deana or Jon and Victoria.

3. Ray and Yolanda: She looks like Hera, his name is Ray whats in common Hera and Ray from previous racers came in 7th place, maybe more than just coincidence?

4. David and Lori: dont know what to say but i got a impression of Ryan and Chuck from the preview, but they actually got noticed in the preview(along with Dani and Danielle).  In AR7 pre after AR6 i belive the only teams that got noticed were Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly and look how far they went. So prolly around for a while.  Teams that get eliminated early usually are non existent in previews.

5. Fran and Barry: Get a huge Meredith and Gretchen and Teri and Ian vibe from them.  But they can also fall into Don and Mary Jean or the couple from season one that just loose becuase of luck or just getting lost.
I just hope female teams arent handicaped by going to the middle east.
My Race Predictions:
11th: John and Scott
10th: Wanda and Desiree
9th: Lisa and Joni
8th: Fran and Barry
7th: Ray and Yolanda
6th: Lake and Michelle
5th: David and Lori
4th: BJ and Tyler
Third: Joe and Monica
Second: Erik and Jeremy
Winners: Danielle and Danielle

Come on Girls have got to pull this off for once.  Godlewskis and Linda and Karen in forth place.  the Godlewski's broke the first place barrier for women(comming in first more than just once they did it THREE Times).  Its just calling for a girl team to win.  If its not going to be Danielle and Dani then i guess its Wanda and Desiree. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 9 Teams - Speculation Thread
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2006, 06:06:40 PM »
Spec ..maybe Joeseph ? Still it could be an employee ?
check out the sideburns ..

throwing this in here ..

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »
video links r there but they dont work

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2006, 10:45:51 AM »
I'm all over that Kogs  :lol:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »
Seems to be working now!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2006, 09:45:37 AM »
Kewl , thanks for the links Kogs . Hey no Charmin commercials  :lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2006, 09:47:06 AM »
Kewl , thanks for the links Kogs . Hey no Charmin commercials  :lol:

play everything on real player on cbs.com that way u never get charmin commercials