Author Topic: Mediia Whore RD 11 Quiz /RD 10 results  (Read 11142 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Mediia Whore RD 11 Quiz /RD 10 results
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:15:27 AM »
Round 11 
IT'S LATE! MAKE YOUR PICKS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am disappointed that nobody challenged the math and precision issues last week.

I now understand why the teepee challenge was cut from the Alberta leg a few seasons ago. At least we got to see the exciting golf ball search to make up for it.

I really hope this doesn't kill the show like Celebrity Mole did.

At least the finale looks to have some promise with an airport fight and maybe a drowning or two. Have fun kids

Question My Answer
Who wins? (100 Minutes of Fame)
 Bransen Linz Weaver 
Who finishes second? (150 Minutes of Fame) 
Bransen Linz Weaver 
Who finishes third? (75 Minutes of Fame) 
Bransen Linz Nobody Weaver 
Who wins the bonus challenge shown at cbs.com after the show? (50 Minutes of Fame) 
Bransen Linz No such challenge is shown Weaver 
What best describes when the teams are in Toronto? (80 Minutes of Fame) 
They are in Toronto after Monreal They are in Toronto before Monreal They are in Toronto both before and after Montreal They don't visit Toronto 
Does Phil say 'Bucky'? (30 Minutes of Fame)
 No Yes 
Does anyone say 'Hurry hard!" (40 Minutes of Fame) 
No They should have Yes Yes and its Russ Howard 
Who seems to get bruised the most? (60 Minutes of Fame)
 Bransen Linz Weaver 
Do we see a tall ship? (15 Minutes of Fame) 
No Yes 
Does the reappearance of the Schroeders make the old MW post before the next update? (45 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Who says the funniest thing ? (70 Minutes of Fame) 
Bransen Linz Phil Weaver 
Who tries to run their vehicle through a locked door? (80 Minutes of Fame) 
Bransen Linz Weaver 
Who suffers through several futile attempts at a frightening task while enduring constant ribbing from the sidelines? (100 Minutes of Fame)  Bransen Linz (aka thanks for the free points) Weaver  Linz  Bransen
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 10:27:01 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Mediia Whore RD 11 Quiz /RD 10 results
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 10:20:18 AM »
Wow congrats swahili & x-kicks , wish we knew what you knew  :lolCX:

RealityFanForumRacers (Public) 
Manager puddin
Password N/A
Number of Members 17
Average Total Score 3056
League Rank 1   :smileC:
Average Round Score 172
League Round Rank 5
Cumulative Scores
Member Score Rank

puddin 3561 1
cinniii 3549 2
Mike-e 3518 3
aidanurzeti 3409 4
valuta 3360 5
geo1bar2 3353 6
gypsy47 3335 7
gammonwoman 3306 8
DianeLane 3050 9
maryblackchurch_mtl 2913 10
rmax 2901 11
Survivor Maniac 2859 12
Steffeny 2750 13
DrScottJMD 2719 14
Shanghilil 2657 15
x_kicks 2581 16
swahili 2143 17
Round 10 Scores
Member Score Rank

swahili 314 1
x_kicks 288 2
valuta 201 3
Shanghilil 201 4
DrScottJMD 196 5
geo1bar2 188 6
gypsy47 166 7
cinniii 153 8
maryblackchurch_mtl 153 9
rmax 153 10
puddin 153 11
gammonwoman 153 12
Mike-e 153 13
DianeLane 118 14
aidanurzeti 118 15
Steffeny 117 16
Survivor Maniac 113 17

Last Episode  My Pick  Mediiia Whore Answer 
Which team reaches the pitstop first? (44 Minutes of Fame)    Bransen

Which team is in third place at the end of the episode? (48 Minutes of Fame)    Weaver

Will the last place team be eliminated? (32 Minutes of Fame)    Yes

Who is in last place at the end of the episode? (48 Minutes of Fame)    Godlewski

which family has one teammate's performance get them out of a potential jam? (40 Minutes of Fame)    Godlewski

Which family has a member break from the team to perform a task on her own? (35 Minutes of Fame)   Godlewski

Why is a team pulled over by police? (35 Minutes of Fame)    Speeding

Note for the Angels !
We survived  }^{ :strum: :999: |#' , Great call on using the Fast Forward Boss   :keetaC:

(This is a very very close episode!)

Yield - Nope
FF - Team #6
Boost - Nope

Rankings
1. Team #6 - 150.25
2. Keoghan's Kissing Cousins - 174.5
3. Mike-e's Angels - 160.65 (+5% for 1st-place finish last round)
4. The Easy and Weezie - 155.75

The Easy and Weezie, you are the last team to arrive. I'm sorry to say that you have been eliminated from the race.

(Wow, and Talico, our team did the best this week! Only our team for a 200+ score for this week!

Okay, back to the race, only yields and boosts can be used for TAR 8: Season Finale. Good luck!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:29:45 AM »
quick picks, I just woke up so they will probably change later ...
 :coffee:
Who wins? (100 Minutes of Fame) Linz
Who finishes second? (150 Minutes of Fame) Weaver Bransen
Who finishes third? (75 Minutes of Fame) Bransen Weaver   ]][
Who wins the bonus challenge shown at cbs.com after the show? (50 Minutes of Fame) Bransen
What best describes when the teams are in Toronto? (80 Minutes of Fame) They are in Toronto both before and after Montreal
Does Phil say 'Bucky'? (30 Minutes of Fame) No Yes
Does anyone say 'Hurry hard!" (40 Minutes of Fame) No  they should have
Who seems to get bruised the most? (60 Minutes of Fame) Linz
Do we see a tall ship? (15 Minutes of Fame) Yes
Does the reappearance of the Schroeders make the old MW post before the next update? (45 Minutes of Fame) No  Yes ( Yep think its a trick rmax )
Who says the funniest thing ? (70 Minutes of Fame) Linz
Who tries to run their vehicle through a locked door? (80 Minutes of Fame) Bransen
Who suffers through several futile attempts at a frightening task while enduring constant ribbing from the sidelines? (100 Minutes of Fame) Linz (aka thanks for the free points)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 08:08:49 PM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 10:32:35 AM »
I don't understand some of the references to some of the questions but here are my picks.  I hope it counts if some teams have to go through Toronto to get to Montreal, then back to Toronto.   I'm at 71 overal in the gamel, so I doubt I'll break into the top 50 by the end.  Thanks to all you wonderful spoilers this season (esp. puddin, gman, chateau, slowhatch, pedaler--who am I leaving out?)

Who wins? (100 Minutes of Fame)      Linz
Who finishes second? (150 Minutes of Fame)    Bransen
Who finishes third? (75 Minutes of Fame)    Weaver
Who wins the bonus challenge shown at cbs.com after the show? (50 Minutes of Fame)    Bransen
What best describes when the teams are in Toronto? (80 Minutes of Fame)    They are in Toronto both before and after Montreal
Does Phil say 'Bucky'? (30 Minutes of Fame)    No
Does anyone say 'Hurry hard!" (40 Minutes of Fame)    They should have
Who seems to get bruised the most? (60 Minutes of Fame)    Weaver
Do we see a tall ship? (15 Minutes of Fame)    Yes
Does the reappearance of the Schroeders make the old MW post before the next update? (45 Minutes of Fame)    Yes (this is a trap I think-- if most people pick Yes, he won't, and vice versa)
Who says the funniest thing ? (70 Minutes of Fame)    Linz
Who tries to run their vehicle through a locked door? (80 Minutes of Fame)    Linz
Who suffers through several futile attempts at a frightening task while enduring constant ribbing from the sidelines? (100 Minutes of Fame)    Linz (aka thanks for the free points)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 10:38:48 AM »
Dont listen to me rmax but it looks like they fly into Toronto toget to  Montreal & then back to Toronto ? Its the only thing that makes sense  :huhC: . If someone thinks different please please let us know .

fresh article
Tonight (9 p.m., CTV and CBS) the teams arrive in Toronto, where one of the Linz brothers (I can't tell them apart, nor the Bransen sisters, for that matter) collides with Rolly Weaver in a race for the Terminal One ticket counter

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 10:40:52 AM »
From Chateaus most excellent timeline  {|
Fri July 29 Dec. 13 finale Leg 11 Teams leave the ranch between 2 am and 3 am, flights from Billings to Montreal, Linzes and Weasels have incident getting a connection in Toronto, Olympic Stadium, nearby trapeze Roadblock , McGill University, teams are stopped by Hours of Operation.
Sat July 30 In the morning, Detour of logs or curling, the Bransens do Logs while the Linzes and Weasels curl, Expo67 Buckminster Fullerene Ball, NEL Pit Stop via Victoria Place Metro station.  Teams check in between 3 and 5 pm.
Sun July 31 Leg 12 Teams start from 3 to 5 am, get flights from Montreal to Toronto, Union Station, Hot Dog clue from Kevin & Drew, The Docks, Tall Ship Kajama, drive to Niagara-on-the Lake, take Jet Boats south to about Whirlpool Point for rough rafting, go back north in Jet Boat to Lewiston, NY, drive fresh SUVs to Terrapin Point, Joseph Davis State Park, finito

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 12:29:30 PM »
from the press , we should figure out who would know more about past races , first hinkies tell me the Bransens just because of their age , they might have more knowledge ? what do you all think ? I'll see what we can get off the Bios  .

The mini-race that will require teams to recall specific challenges and locations from this past season. The team who's first to complete the challenge correctly will drive away in their 2006 GMC Yukon XL.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 12:52:22 PM »
wow, way to go angels! (loved it when rafe called the final ladies his angels)

my picks much the same except the order, linz, weaver, bransen. but would love an excuse to make it linz, bransen, weaver. of course i have the bransens winning the run off.

the shot of the linz on the link bus tells me that they are changing terminals in toronto from international (usa) to domestic and that fits with the connections to montreal. so toronto there and back too.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 01:02:19 PM »
Dont listen to me rmax but it looks like they fly into Toronto toget to  Montreal & then back to Toronto ? Its the only thing that makes sense  :huhC: . If someone thinks different please please let us know .

fresh article
Tonight (9 p.m., CTV and CBS) the teams arrive in Toronto, where one of the Linz brothers (I can't tell them apart, nor the Bransen sisters, for that matter) collides with Rolly Weaver in a race for the Terminal One ticket counter
It's tricky, not knowing if MW will score for all teams or some teams (say, if the Bransens get a direct flight to Montreal and skip the stop in Toronto), or even if he'll count a plane change as being "in" Toronto.  I'm going to try not to overthink, and just go with what I have.

Just checked the poll over at Realiiity, seems most people think the Weasels come in second. I thought I read a spoiler here that said they told someone they came in third?  Was that discounted?  I'm probably going to stick with the Bransens in 2d, mostly because I want them to beat the Weavers, but also they have surprised us a few times.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 01:06:03 PM by rmax »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 01:14:58 PM »
rmax

thank for the info NF ,i'll see what I can get as far as vidcaps at the Gorge .
same to you Chateau dont think I thanked you for the map  :smileC: ?.

Bart the Bear
(11/25/05 8:27 pm)
Reply   *Weaver final leg spoiler*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My aunt is visiting and she just happens to be a friend of Rebecca (oh god). She knows that I'm a fan of TAR so I decided what the hell and asked her if they won. Maybe Rebecca might have told her something

Answer: No, they came in 3rd.

I then asked her who won but she told me that she never asked.

In short, Weavers come in 3rd in the final leg and do not win.
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=6159.topic

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 01:26:07 PM »
Ok the bios did not help but the Bransens seem to be more worldly in knowledge , their jobs & college and all so I'll stick with the Bransens winning the on-line car .
Also I think " Bucky " might refer to Phil saying Becky for Rebecca Weaver so I think I might change that to yes . Wish I knew if MW means for the whole show including the on-line race or just the 2 hour finale  :huhC: ? What if its " Bucky's " turn to answer a question for the GMC past race trivea and Phil calls on her " Bucky's turn " or Bucky got the answer right " ? Don't know the details of how the game is played so its hard to say ?

Does Phil say 'Bucky'? (30 Minutes of Fame) 

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 05:18:25 PM »
i'm going to hurt myself if i'm wrong but i made the change to a linz/bransen/weaver finish order. it just makes me happy.   :keetaC:

it's how i picked the last finale and it worked out too. we'll see soon enough now.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 06:06:51 PM »

My Picks 
Question My Answer
Who wins? (100 Minutes of Fame) Linz
Who finishes second? (150 Minutes of Fame) Weaver
Who finishes third? (75 Minutes of Fame) Bransen
Who wins the bonus challenge shown at cbs.com after the show? (50 Minutes of Fame) Bransen
What best describes when the teams are in Toronto? (80 Minutes of Fame) They are in Toronto both before and after Montreal
Does Phil say 'Bucky'? (30 Minutes of Fame) Yes
Does anyone say 'Hurry hard!" (40 Minutes of Fame) They should have
Who seems to get bruised the most? (60 Minutes of Fame) Linz
Do we see a tall ship? (15 Minutes of Fame) Yes
Does the reappearance of the Schroeders make the old MW post before the next update? (45 Minutes of Fame) Yes
Who says the funniest thing ? (70 Minutes of Fame) Phil
Who tries to run their vehicle through a locked door? (80 Minutes of Fame) Bransen
Who suffers through several futile attempts at a frightening task while enduring constant ribbing from the sidelines? (100 Minutes of Fame) Linz (aka thanks for the free points)

Mediiia Whore Team  linz!!   gl to my angels!!  just got home puddin, and in answer to your pm  :kissC:
For Round 11 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 06:21:52 PM »
No Gammy Weavers are last !! We have proof ! Bransens second  :keetaC:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 06:42:57 PM »
Mike-e , gammy , I changed you picks
1st Linz
2nd Bransen
last Weavers

sorry if I stepped on anyones shoes but with the new clue plus you all gave me your passwords for a reason !!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 07:04:36 PM by puddin »

Offline Mike-e

• " Just Jack "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can't out-run these 3 crazy women...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 10:03:19 PM »
Mike-e , gammy , I changed you picks
1st Linz
2nd Bransen
last Weavers

sorry if I stepped on anyones shoes but with the new clue plus you all gave me your passwords for a reason !!

What's mine is yours. You know that I love you and trust you...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 10:22:55 PM »
I think we did OK?  {|

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 10:46:24 PM »
thank you, thank you and thank you!!!  ditto on what mike said, puddin!!  you are our puddin pie!! :kissC:   :thumbC:  an extra  :kissC: for mike and cinni!!      mike-e's angels rock!! :999: )!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 10:51:55 PM »
like I said , if we don't win I hope its rmax's team  {| , alls good  ..its just a game, friends are most important :heartC:

I love you guys  :kussC:

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 06:02:59 AM »
thanks puddin!  I'd rather be the equivalent of the Bransens, and come in second to Mike-e's Angels than be the Weavers of the Online TAR game.

FWIW, I'm glad I believed the spoiler about the Weavers finishing third (or I'm glad it turned out to be true).  Hoping that the majority of the MW players voted otherwise, so my score will be boosted.

I thought the Linz's were consistently the funniest, but Wally had some howlers. "Yeah, we curl all the time" for one...

I changed my pick from Linz to Bransen as to who would try to drive through a locked door. Wrong either way, so no regrets.  I should have figured it was the Weavers who would be STUPID enough to try that!

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 10:38:23 AM »
yippee for both teams. i made the same change rmax, from linz to bransens for the door but it didn't make a difference either way.

i think both teams have an excellent chance to finish well. maybe we'll tie??  :keetaC:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2005, 11:23:01 AM »
If we tie maybe X-Kicks will make us do a bonus game  :lolCX: ? I vote cinni to  puzzle task for the Angels :keetaC:

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005, 01:29:47 PM »
I'd need to "bone" up (heh, he said bone) on my geography. Those Central American countries are confusing. I do know Mexico and Panama though.  Time to check a map...

Oh, now we know where the Bucky reference came from, for the Buckminster Fuller geodesic dome.  But I didn't hear anyone say Bucky (or Hurry hard).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 01:36:21 PM by rmax »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005, 01:43:55 PM »
Oh that Bucky  :lolCX: ? well I mixed up my weecama & puddin picks ( cheater  cheater ) one of us will do better than the other .

Oh there was a line rmax and I can't remember , Megan said something "Bone" as he was climbing the Kajama ..it was pervy  :)* , also I thought the Bransens were pretty funny talking about if flabby dad were to swing on the trapeze and something about a burning ass as they were looking for the clues in the Stade .

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 01:46:36 PM »
yes, the Bransen girl's "smokin' ass" comment was funny.  Since I picked the Linzes, I suspect the correct answer will be Bransens...

I think during the curling someone called Tommy "Boner"!