Author Topic: Season 10 and Beyond  (Read 10633 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Season 10 applications
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 05:47:37 PM »
Kewl Sups  :jumpy: , lol about feeling like a lurker and not taking pictures  :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 01:30:49 AM »
a link to Pittsburgh tryouts
on the right is a video clip ,uncut of some of the people trying out for TAR10

video link
http://kdka.com/video/?id=12403@kdka.dayport.com

article link

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_010175518.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 10:28:15 AM »
almost forgot~

• If all this talk about Bay Area residents involved with reality TV has you feeling left out, take note that casting representatives from "The Amazing Race" and "Survivor" will soon arrive in the region looking for new stars to fill out future shows.
Open casting calls for "Race" will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 21 at Floor Dimensions, 1081 Eastshore Highway, in Berkeley. Auditions for "Survivor" are set for the same hours on Jan. 28 at Metro PCS, 900 Van Ness, in San Francisco.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/13594507.htm

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 01:44:10 PM »
Thanks Puddin the video clip was fun to watch.  :clap: I hope I won't have to see that flaming self proclaimed drag queen again!   :hand: I think the people here had it a little easier because someone asked them questions which helped out with some of the awkwardness. One question everyone got was "what sets you apart from the other teams".

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 08:51:03 AM »
OK - my new least desirable job: watching every Amazing Race application. Come on, Pittsburgh people! Stop being boring! If they showed half of the neurotic enthusiasm they did for the Steelers on their audition tapes, they'd fill the whole race. The only ones I could watch for more than 3 seconds were the police officers at the very end and that was only because I thought that guy was going to track me down and maul me if I didn't.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »
LOL mwooden  :lol:

heres another link , not quite as exciting

'Amazing Race' Casting Call Draws Hundreds
(WLTX) - The next reality TV star could come from right here in the Midlands.

More than 200 people line up Saturday afternoon at WLTX to audition for the next season of the popular CBS show, 'The Amazing Race'.

The casting call attracted people from as far away as Washington, D.C. and Atlanta, and everyone thought they had what it takes to be picked.

"We're getting married April 29th so we're gonna say it's like our first big adventure after we get married," said Jason Lumpkin, who came with his fiancee, Lucinda Brown.

Each team was given two minutes in front of our cameras to convince the casting director that they're the ones.

All of the audition tapes from the casting call will be sent to the show's casting director in Los Angeles.

The show will start taping in June.

http://www.wltx.com/fyi/fyi.aspx?storyid=33979

Offline tarbuckeye

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Live TAR...Too many days on the Road!
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 07:56:49 AM »
OMG--- I lived in Pittsburgh for 24 years (just moved to the south last year)....And I have never, ever met this many BOOOOORING people in the entire time that I lived there  :groan:  Only exception are the state troopers.....

They would have done better standing in line at Giant Eagle and let the people come up and tell you their life story...As Pittsburghers do...One time, a woman told my wife about her husband having an affair with the cashier in the line they were in and she was going to confront the other woman...my wife suddenly remembered she forgot something.... :lol:

Do you think the raw footage for the other cities is this bad...And it seems like none of them knew how long two minutes was or planned what to say....

Offline amracewannabe

• RFF Newbie
Last minute great application ideas?
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »
Well, with the deadline tomorrow, did anyone have (or know of) any great ideas to get cast?  Like calling Leno to ask him to help you get on the show, or putting r2d2 in your application video?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Last minute great application ideas?
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 08:17:03 PM »
Maybe Wally B. can help you out amracewannabe ? I wish you luck in your tryout   :jam:

Offline amracewannabe

• RFF Newbie
Re: Last minute great application ideas?
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 08:52:41 AM »
i heard of a couple doing a remake of monty python, and another couple has a petition (gopulls.com).  i need a hook, but it's too late for this season

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2006, 04:27:54 PM »
 THE AMAZING RACE, reality television's most honored program with three consecutive Emmy Awards for Outstanding Reality/Competition Program, returns next season with editions 10 and 11. THE AMAZING RACE is produced by Amazing Race Productions, Inc. and Touchstone Television Productions, LLC. Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Hayma Screech Washington are executive producers.

http://thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20060306cbs01
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 04:36:20 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
March 9, 2006
RealityTVWebsite.com

CBS Issues Statement - THE AMAZING RACE Series Renewed For Only One More Season - Not Two

CBS seems to have done an about face, when they have issued a revised Press Release yesterday stating that THE AMAZING RACE has been renewed for one additional season, not two as previously announced.

As previously reported earlier this week, CBS announced a major round of renewals for their hit TV shows including two reality TV series - SURVIVOR and THE AMAZING RACE. In CBS´s previous statement, they indicated that THE AMAZING RACE was being renewed for two additional seasons (tenth and eleven season).

However, yesterday, CBS issued a revised press statement indicating that THE AMAZING RACE has been renewed for only one additional season which is expected to premiere in the Fall of 2006.

THE AMAZING RACE Season Nine, premiered on Tuesday, February 28th with below, but average ratings. There has been specualation that this may have been the reason CBS modified their announcement.

Over the years, THE AMAZING RACE looked like being on the verge of being cancelled quite a few time because of ratings performance. But when THE AMAZING RACE won their first Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality/Competition Program, CBS decided at the last minute to renewal the series. Since then THE AMAZING RACE has garnered three consecutive Emmy Awards.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Season 10 and Beyond
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 04:35:31 PM »
CBS, I have a clue for YOU. No more family editions!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2006, 04:50:14 PM »
WHAT DID I SAY...... Do I need to go back to RFF Radio and say that Family Edition would SINK TAR. I believe I also said that it would only last one or two more season.

I HATE BEING SO ****ING RIGHT!!!!!!

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »
I think we all knew that Rob. I did, and I wasn't even here for that disaster.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »
It ain't over untill the Phil sings   )-**

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »
I heard Colin slipped and admitted he got a call for All Stars.  Personaly i think this is great for a few reasons.  Season 10 i think is a good season for a all star.  This would prolly be used to gain back the ratings momentum and most likly being back Rob and Amber[ and lets be honest they are prolly most deserving of recent seasons].  And Even if ratings dont improve would a all star be such a suitable final season for Amazing Race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2006, 08:30:28 PM »
I heard Colin slipped and admitted he got a call for All Stars.  Personaly i think this is great for a few reasons.  Season 10 i think is a good season for a all star.  This would prolly be used to gain back the ratings momentum and most likly being back Rob and Amber[ and lets be honest they are prolly most deserving of recent seasons].  And Even if ratings dont improve would a all star be such a suitable final season for Amazing Race.

Now thats what I'm talkin' about  :cheer:, I thought I was Rombers only fan .

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »
if season 11(if there is a season11) is all stars would they tell the world they are filming all stars by announcing there is a season?