Author Topic: Season 10 and Beyond  (Read 10694 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Season 10 and Beyond
« on: December 10, 2005, 01:51:50 AM »
They're up: eligibility and application. Deadline is 13 Jan.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 04:30:20 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: Season 10 applications
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 10:36:35 AM »
Racing in June/Jul.   |#'
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 01:11:30 PM »
Guys, i can't race because i'm brazillian but what about you?

Have you guys at least tried to get in the race already? The TAR detectives would own the race. =]/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 02:21:43 PM »
I would love to race with Gman but he's already spoken for   :heartC:

thanks for the info Slowhatch

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 12:37:20 AM »
A friend of mine and I will get everything straightened out when I turn 21. Only three more years, CBS. Keep the show going and someday I'll be on TV aiming for the grand prize!
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline FullMonte

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 11:10:44 AM »
Does anyone know of a way to fill the application out with a computer and then print it out?  My handwriting is horrible, and more importantly, I'm having trouble fitting my answers into the space provided....

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 12:43:51 PM »
I think you'd need a program like Illustrator or Photoshop that can open/edit PDF documents for you to be able to fill it out on your computer.

Offline FullMonte

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 01:28:22 PM »
I think you'd need a program like Illustrator or Photoshop that can open/edit PDF documents for you to be able to fill it out on your computer.

Unfortunately, the pdf file is password protected...I assume that's to prevent anyone from changing the waiver.....but, I don't understand why they didn't make it a fillable form....

I guess I'll just have to do my best. ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race Casting Call Minneapolis
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 05:31:07 PM »
Amazing Race Casting Call Minneapolis

(WCCO) WCCO-TV to Host Amazing Race Casting Call, brought to you by Frontier High-Speed Internet!

Millions of viewers will watch as Teams, each with a pre-existing relationship, race around the world in THE AMAZING RACE. Never knowing where they'll go next or what they'll have to do once there, these Teams and their relationships will be put to the ultimate test as they'll have to work together to stay ahead of the rest. One by one, Teams will be eliminated, and in the end the first Team to cross the finish line will win a cool million dollars!

Want to apply? Follow these easy steps:

Step 1. Pick your teammate!
Step 2. Download and fill out the official THE AMAZING RACE application located at the bottom of this page.
Step 3. Come to Marshall Fields Court in Burnsville Center on Friday, January 13th, 2006 between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Step 4. While at Burnsville Center, submit your complete THE AMAZING RACE application and let WCCO-TV videotape your the AMAZING RACE audition! Both team members must be present in order for WCCO-TV to videotape their audition.

(Please note: there will be no THE AMAZING RACE casting representatives on-site at this event.)

The details:
Friday, January 13th, 2006 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Burnsville Center – Marshall Fields Court (located at the intersections of I-35W and County Road 42 in Burnsville)
For directions, please click here.

Complete applications include:
• Completed application form (including the signed release at the end of the applications, one per person in team, submitted together).
• Copy of a valid U.S. passport (or proof of having applied for issuance or renewal of such) for each applicant.
• A passport-size photo of each applicant.
• One recent photo of both team members together.

If your team already has a videotape of their audition and plans to drop off the audition tape and registration materials at Burnsville Center, please enclose all application materials in an envelope with the number (1-10) (see Application Procedure and Eligibility Requirements) that corresponds to the city nearest you. Both team members must be able to travel to the same city. You may also mail your complete application materials (including the audtion tape) to the address listed in the application materials. If your team has not created a videotape, WCCO-TV will facilitate that for you.
http://wcco.com/just4you/local_story_349155558.html

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 04:56:11 PM »
puddin', we should try and race for real one day.   |#'

can you imagine?  internet friends that have never met. the possibilities...

yeah, it's been a long week at work.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 06:10:37 PM »
LOL , cinni only if you promise to do the physical tasks , now i'm off to make us some MEATBALLS  {**}

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 07:15:57 PM »
Puddin, I think it would be great if you and another member of this board signed up for TAR.  It would be so exciting.  Just think of all the spoiling that you would see and you can just laugh at all of us when we speculate and get it right or wrong.  So go and choose appropiate clothing and sign up.  Remember don't wear anything that we can laugh at, make fun of or spot in any stills.   :gman: :gman: :gman: :gman: :t-up: :t-up: :]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 04:42:51 PM »
Rob would insist that our team wore only RealityFanForum.com  t-shirts ,jackets , socks , underwear , or whatever  {l{

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 12:02:54 AM »
Rob would insist that our team wore only RealityFanForum.com  t-shirts ,jackets , socks , underwear , or whatever  {l{

RealityFanForum.com underwear? ]][ Wow.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race 10 Casting Call PHILADELPHIA
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 12:41:49 PM »
Jan 4, 2006 11:00 am US/Eastern

Amazing Race 10 Casting Call
Sponsored by Your Local Mazda Dealers
(CBS 3)  Think you have what it takes to be a team of THE AMAZING RACE? Are you and your partner willing to do whatever it takes to come in first, including face your fears - FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS??!! Never knowing where they'll go next, Teams and their relationships will be put to the test as they work together to be the first to cross the finish line and win a cool million!

Think you've got what it takes? Bring your partner and your "A-Game" to the CBS 3 Studios at 5th and Market Streets on Friday, January 20th between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. We'll give you two minutes to show THE AMAZING RACE Producers via video tape why you would be perfect for this race.

http://kyw.com/local/local_story_137141927.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Birmingham, Alabama casting call
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 10:42:42 AM »
My favorite reality show, The Amazing Race , has an open casting call for the next edition of the show January 10, 4pm-10pm in Birmingham. If you try out and make it, let me know!

source

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 02:41:06 PM »
Puddin, they're gonna be in my home town tomorrow (only a couple miles down the road). I'm gonna go down with my camera and poke around. It's at a car dealership so they can't keep me away! :cocky:
Anything special I should look for?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 06:23:02 PM »
Phil and his creamy colored  pants  :jumpy:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 06:38:49 PM »
Oh I don't think I'd be so lucky for Phil to be there.  :-[
My son just called and I told him what I was doing tomorrow. He is BEGGING me to try out with him. He is seriously wanting me to fill out the applications and go with him tomorrow. I told him that part about being in good physical health condition would knock me out. Besides all we would do is --  :meow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 08:03:54 PM »
Oh I am so sorry Sups  :-*.  Why doesn't your son bring along a friend ?

Oh and same here, if the BF & I applied it would be an Allison & Donny duo all over again  :snicker:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006, 09:04:22 PM »
I think my DH and I would work well together  - that is as long as we don't have to hang wallpaper. The one time we did that I saw a completely different side and it wasn't pretty. :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 11:35:57 PM »
LOL visions of Lucy & Ethel trying to hand the striped wall paper in Lucy's bedroom  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Columbia, South Carolina
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 04:50:02 PM »
Missed this one  ;D
Posted on Sat, Jan. 07, 2006
‘Amazing Race’ begins today for hopefuls

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/13567897.htm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Cleveland ,Ohio
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 04:51:36 PM »
CLEVELAND ... CBS IS LOOKING FOR BRAND NEW TEAMS TO RACE AROUND THE WORLD ON THE NEXT AMAZING RACE!
DOZENS OF COUNTRIES. THOUSANDS OF MILES. A MILLION DOLLARS AT STAKE! ONLY ONE WINNER, AND THAT COULD BE YOU!
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL AMAZING RACE APPLICATION AND BRING IT TO CLEVELAND'S HOUSE OF BLUES ON JANUARY 11TH FROM 4-8PM FOR YOUR CHANCE TO BE ON CBS' NEWEST REALITY STARS!

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=1587779&nav=menu68_6

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 05:38:12 PM »
I went to the casting call today and observed. I brought my camera but didn't take pictures -- I felt stupid enough just lurking. I watched them tape a few potential teams. My favorite team was two girls probably in their late 30's (but I'm not a good judge of age). They were enthusiastic and brought a sign with them. The interviewer even remarked that they were the only ones who brought a prop. Another good potential was a pair of tall, really good looking guys. Pure eye candy but they might have been gay (I don't have good gaydar)  :giggle:

I was really considering going ahead and filling out the app but you needed a passport or proof that you have applied for one. I have one by my son doesn't.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 05:47:37 PM »
Kewl Sups  :jumpy: , lol about feeling like a lurker and not taking pictures  :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 01:30:49 AM »
a link to Pittsburgh tryouts
on the right is a video clip ,uncut of some of the people trying out for TAR10

video link
http://kdka.com/video/?id=12403@kdka.dayport.com

article link

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_010175518.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 10:28:15 AM »
almost forgot~

• If all this talk about Bay Area residents involved with reality TV has you feeling left out, take note that casting representatives from "The Amazing Race" and "Survivor" will soon arrive in the region looking for new stars to fill out future shows.
Open casting calls for "Race" will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 21 at Floor Dimensions, 1081 Eastshore Highway, in Berkeley. Auditions for "Survivor" are set for the same hours on Jan. 28 at Metro PCS, 900 Van Ness, in San Francisco.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/13594507.htm

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 01:44:10 PM »
Thanks Puddin the video clip was fun to watch.  :clap: I hope I won't have to see that flaming self proclaimed drag queen again!   :hand: I think the people here had it a little easier because someone asked them questions which helped out with some of the awkwardness. One question everyone got was "what sets you apart from the other teams".

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 08:51:03 AM »
OK - my new least desirable job: watching every Amazing Race application. Come on, Pittsburgh people! Stop being boring! If they showed half of the neurotic enthusiasm they did for the Steelers on their audition tapes, they'd fill the whole race. The only ones I could watch for more than 3 seconds were the police officers at the very end and that was only because I thought that guy was going to track me down and maul me if I didn't.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »
LOL mwooden  :lol:

heres another link , not quite as exciting

'Amazing Race' Casting Call Draws Hundreds
(WLTX) - The next reality TV star could come from right here in the Midlands.

More than 200 people line up Saturday afternoon at WLTX to audition for the next season of the popular CBS show, 'The Amazing Race'.

The casting call attracted people from as far away as Washington, D.C. and Atlanta, and everyone thought they had what it takes to be picked.

"We're getting married April 29th so we're gonna say it's like our first big adventure after we get married," said Jason Lumpkin, who came with his fiancee, Lucinda Brown.

Each team was given two minutes in front of our cameras to convince the casting director that they're the ones.

All of the audition tapes from the casting call will be sent to the show's casting director in Los Angeles.

The show will start taping in June.

http://www.wltx.com/fyi/fyi.aspx?storyid=33979

Offline tarbuckeye

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Live TAR...Too many days on the Road!
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 07:56:49 AM »
OMG--- I lived in Pittsburgh for 24 years (just moved to the south last year)....And I have never, ever met this many BOOOOORING people in the entire time that I lived there  :groan:  Only exception are the state troopers.....

They would have done better standing in line at Giant Eagle and let the people come up and tell you their life story...As Pittsburghers do...One time, a woman told my wife about her husband having an affair with the cashier in the line they were in and she was going to confront the other woman...my wife suddenly remembered she forgot something.... :lol:

Do you think the raw footage for the other cities is this bad...And it seems like none of them knew how long two minutes was or planned what to say....

Offline amracewannabe

• RFF Newbie
Last minute great application ideas?
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »
Well, with the deadline tomorrow, did anyone have (or know of) any great ideas to get cast?  Like calling Leno to ask him to help you get on the show, or putting r2d2 in your application video?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Last minute great application ideas?
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 08:17:03 PM »
Maybe Wally B. can help you out amracewannabe ? I wish you luck in your tryout   :jam:

Offline amracewannabe

• RFF Newbie
Re: Last minute great application ideas?
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 08:52:41 AM »
i heard of a couple doing a remake of monty python, and another couple has a petition (gopulls.com).  i need a hook, but it's too late for this season

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2006, 04:27:54 PM »
 THE AMAZING RACE, reality television's most honored program with three consecutive Emmy Awards for Outstanding Reality/Competition Program, returns next season with editions 10 and 11. THE AMAZING RACE is produced by Amazing Race Productions, Inc. and Touchstone Television Productions, LLC. Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Hayma Screech Washington are executive producers.

http://thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20060306cbs01
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 04:36:20 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
March 9, 2006
RealityTVWebsite.com

CBS Issues Statement - THE AMAZING RACE Series Renewed For Only One More Season - Not Two

CBS seems to have done an about face, when they have issued a revised Press Release yesterday stating that THE AMAZING RACE has been renewed for one additional season, not two as previously announced.

As previously reported earlier this week, CBS announced a major round of renewals for their hit TV shows including two reality TV series - SURVIVOR and THE AMAZING RACE. In CBS´s previous statement, they indicated that THE AMAZING RACE was being renewed for two additional seasons (tenth and eleven season).

However, yesterday, CBS issued a revised press statement indicating that THE AMAZING RACE has been renewed for only one additional season which is expected to premiere in the Fall of 2006.

THE AMAZING RACE Season Nine, premiered on Tuesday, February 28th with below, but average ratings. There has been specualation that this may have been the reason CBS modified their announcement.

Over the years, THE AMAZING RACE looked like being on the verge of being cancelled quite a few time because of ratings performance. But when THE AMAZING RACE won their first Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality/Competition Program, CBS decided at the last minute to renewal the series. Since then THE AMAZING RACE has garnered three consecutive Emmy Awards.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Season 10 and Beyond
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 04:35:31 PM »
CBS, I have a clue for YOU. No more family editions!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2006, 04:50:14 PM »
WHAT DID I SAY...... Do I need to go back to RFF Radio and say that Family Edition would SINK TAR. I believe I also said that it would only last one or two more season.

I HATE BEING SO ****ING RIGHT!!!!!!

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »
I think we all knew that Rob. I did, and I wasn't even here for that disaster.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »
It ain't over untill the Phil sings   )-**

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »
I heard Colin slipped and admitted he got a call for All Stars.  Personaly i think this is great for a few reasons.  Season 10 i think is a good season for a all star.  This would prolly be used to gain back the ratings momentum and most likly being back Rob and Amber[ and lets be honest they are prolly most deserving of recent seasons].  And Even if ratings dont improve would a all star be such a suitable final season for Amazing Race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2006, 08:30:28 PM »
I heard Colin slipped and admitted he got a call for All Stars.  Personaly i think this is great for a few reasons.  Season 10 i think is a good season for a all star.  This would prolly be used to gain back the ratings momentum and most likly being back Rob and Amber[ and lets be honest they are prolly most deserving of recent seasons].  And Even if ratings dont improve would a all star be such a suitable final season for Amazing Race.

Now thats what I'm talkin' about  :cheer:, I thought I was Rombers only fan .

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »
if season 11(if there is a season11) is all stars would they tell the world they are filming all stars by announcing there is a season?