Author Topic: Battling Godlewskis Booted  (Read 2417 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Battling Godlewskis Booted
« on: December 07, 2005, 11:26:59 AM »
Video Link

Battling Godlewskis Booted

NEW YORK, Dec. 7, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (Robert Voets/CBS )

(CBS) Here's a lesson for every American family: the battling Godlewski sisters have been thrown out of "The Amazing Race: Family Edition," having arrived dead last in the latest leg of the race due to excessive bickering.

The four sisters from Des Plaines, Ill., were eliminated in the Dec. 6 episode of the Tuesday night CBS reality show.

Fortunately, sisters Michele, Sharon, Christine and Tricia were getting along fine on Wednesday morning when they appeared on The Early Show to talk to Julie Chen about their trials and triumphs on the series.

They even agreed about what led to their defeat in "The Amazing Race." These four strong women neglected to pick a leader and stick with her. Their constant fighting finally caught up with them.

Their family dynamics held throughout their adventure. Christine, fifth in a family of seven, often broke down in tears, feeling picked on by older sisters Sharon and Michele.

"As the fifth child, I possibly did get picked on a little bit as a child, and maybe some of those memories come back. I just break down and I start crying," she said.

Meanwhile, Trish, the designated peacemaker of the family, continued to "try to maintain peace with myself so they wouldn't all pick on me," she said.

In the end, the experience didn't break apart this family. "It tore us apart a little bit," says Chris. "But in the end we're sitting here, still smiling and we all love each other. We're sisters, and no one can take that away from us."

The seventh family eliminated among 10 contenders, the Godlewski sisters still have reason to smile. They won $20,000 and a trip to Belize.

And, they'll take the vacation together — not just the four sisters who appeared on the show, but "all the husbands, boyfriends, Mom and Dad, and the other siblings as well," says Christine. The sisters also have plans to celebrate Christmas together.

After the Dec. 6 segment, in which the teams completed a trek across the American West, "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" is down to three teams.

The Bransens completed their comeback by grabbing top place for the week, winning a spot in the final three with the Linz siblings and the Weaver family. They are the last teams standing out of 10 families of four who set out at the beginning of the season for the adventure of a lifetime and a chance to win $1 million.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 11:32:23 AM by puddin »