Author Topic: Judd 's Early Show Interview  (Read 6559 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Judd 's Early Show Interview
« on: December 02, 2005, 10:49:20 AM »
Judd Sergeant's Early Show Interview ( thanks to survivorfever )

Judd Sergeant's Early Show Interview
Survivor: Guatemala
Episode 12 Boot
(SurvivorFever.net 12.02.05)

Rene Syler:  For the second time in as many weeks a member of Stephenie's once rock solid alliance was totally blindsided at Tribal Council.  Last night it was hotel doorman Judd Sergeant who was shown the door.

<Tribal Council video clip>

Rene:  Judd Sergeant, ewww, you were so bitter and so angry last night.

Judd:  Totally!

Rene:  How do you feel this morning?

Judd:  Oh. 

Rene:  Still angry?

Judd:  Still angry, of course.  I mean, I'm not angry, I mean you gotta get over it, I mean, but, I was totally blindsided.

Rene:  Who's responsible for you being here?

Judd:  Umm, Stephenie.  I mean, I was in a great, strong alliance with her.  I thought she had my back and evidently she didn't.

Rene:  Well, she likes you.  She said just in that clip, "hey, I liked him and everything but he's not going to stand between me and a million bucks."

Judd:  <shakes head> Well, that wasn't the case.  I really thought that my alliance with her was tight as can be and evidently it wasn't.

Rene:  I gotta ask you this because watching that clip, you said, "I never lied in the game", but you did Judd!  You did lie!  You told everybody that the immunity idol was where?  You said it's on the ground.  And where was it?

Judd:  It was in the tree.

Rene:  It was in the tree.  That's a lie, Judd.

Judd:  I can understand that but we're in competition. 

Rene:  But you said you didn't lie.

Judd: That's not really a lie, though.  When you're in competition...I didn't take it as a lie.  Everybody else looked on the ground, though.  Except for Gary. Gary's the only one that looked up in the tree.  So evidently it kinda worked.

Rene: I watched that last week at Tribal Council and you said, "Okay, I lied.  I'm not a good liar."  And everybody still went with their initial plan which was to vote Gary out.  I thought for sure people would turn around and vote you out.

Judd:  Good move by Gary but like I said, our alliance was strong.  Me, Steph, Cindy and Rafe were tight.  I mean, we were really strong. We played that card.

Rene: Did you know who Gary was.

Judd: I had no idea who Gary was.

Rene: And you're a football fan, right?

Judd: I'm a big football fan, a football player and I had no idea.

Rene: Didn't matter anyway, did it?

Judd: It got to a point where it was around camp that he is a quarterback and I just said to myself, 'well he's in my jungle right now, I don't care what he is.'

Rene:  Lydia, last night, boy she was working you and working Rafe.  She was all over that camp. You looked like you could barely stand her. 

Judd:  I...Lydia was working it.  Lydia was supposed to go.  She was the one that was supposed to get axed.  I was saying anything to make her feel comfortable because our alliance had her going. I was basically saying anything to make her happy.

Rene:  You won the Reward Challenge last night.  You had an opportunity to bring your wife, who you hadn't seen in 28 days, out to camp. 

Judd:  31 days.

Rene:  You had the opportunity to bring some other Survivors' family members and loved ones out with you.  You chose, Cindy and ahhh, who else...

Judd:  Stephenie.

Rene: Stephenie's boyfriend.  But your wife, she was al little bit spooked, wasn't she, from some of the sights and sounds at camp?  In fact, that's our Survivor Secret Scene.  Take a look at this:

---------------------------------------------------------

Secret Scene:

Judd:  My wife, Stephenie's boyfriend and Cindy's sister, we were all just getting tucked in for the night.  I wish a few howler monkeys would go absolutely berserk right now that way they can get a taste of what we've been sleeping in for 31 days.  I'm waiting for that loud obnoxious noise to start freaking them out.

<everyone is sleeping, monkeys start howling, Judd's wife wakes up>

Kristen: I hear a monkey.  I don't even know what I hear.  I can't believe Judd can sleep through this.  It's crazy. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Rene: One episode in particular, in seemed like you lost a bunch of weight. How much weight did you lose?

Judd:  I lost 45 pounds, total. 

Rene:  You look good.

Judd: I feel great.  I mean, I feel great.

Rene: Except that you would have liked to have your wallet a little fatter?

Judd: Absolutely.  I wish I was still in Guatemala right now, but...

Rene: Are you gonna speak to Stephenie at the reunion?

Judd:  Ummm, we'll see what happens.  We'll see what happens.  Like I said, I thought me and her were tight, I thought we were pretty good friends. I took her on every reward there was so...she blindsided me, backstabbed me.  So we'll have to see how that works out. 

Rene:  Can you honestly tell me that you wouldn't have done the same thing?

Judd: I wouldn't have done the same thing.  I wouldn't have done the same thing.  Me and here were pretty close.  We had a pretty close alliance. She had promised my wife that she was taking me to the final two.  And here I am.

Rene:  You valued that friendship and here you are.

Judd:  And here I am.

Rene:  Judd, it's good to see you, though.

Judd: Well, thank you.  Thanks for having me. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
“Stephenie Betrayed Me”: An Interview with Survivor: Guatemala’s Judd
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 08:29:37 PM »
“Stephenie Betrayed Me”: An Interview with Survivor: Guatemala’s Judd
by David Bloomberg -- 12/02/2005

Judd left Survivor on a rather sour note. Does he regret what he said or does he still stand by it? How does he reconcile the fact that he advocated playing Survivor as a game but was upset when others did it to him? These and other questions are answered in RealityNewsOnline’s interview with Judd

Sometimes, people mellow out in the time between being voted out and talking about it to the press. Sometimes, they don’t. Judd definitely fits into the “don’t” category, as you’ll see in this interview.

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Judd, and thanks for taking the time to answer these questions for RealityNewsOnline’s readers. You seemed to have gone into “Survivor” with a plan on how to play the game – can you elaborate on what that plan was?

Judd: My plan was to have my tribe need me based on my strength and want me there to get numbers.

RNO: Why did you and Margaret have such problems with each other?

Judd: Different personalities. We just didn’t click.

RNO: Cindy seemed to be on the outs with your alliance after the tribal mix-up, but then somehow ended up a main player – what was her position and how did it end up changing?

Judd: I always wanted at least one original Nakum player on my side. We also had the “twin connection.”

RNO: For that matter, how did you persuade Cindy to give you all her money in the Survivor auction?

Judd: I just kind of leaned over and asked her for it and she gave it to me.

RNO: When you were voted out, you were obviously upset. In hindsight, do you wish you’d handled it differently?

Judd: No.

RNO: How do you reconcile you reaction at being voted out to the fact that you repeatedly advocated playing Survivor as a game without emotional attachments?

Judd: I had no idea I was going out there to make friends but it kind of just happens. When you are with somebody for 24 hours a day for a number of days, bonds form. For example, being a twin, Jamie and I became very close out there. He reminded me of my younger brother and that’s how I treated him.

RNO: After watching your final episode, do you now understand better why you were voted out, and is it any more palatable?

Judd: Well I was blindsided and felt Stephenie betrayed me because we became not just players but friends. She should have blocked everything that somebody was saying to her about me in order to keep our strong friendship and alliance.

RNO: Why did you repeat that you didn’t lie, even after you were voted out?

Judd: Because I truly believe I didn’t lie, but I had ADD.

RNO: Since you impressed your wife with your camping skills, will you be going on some family camping trips – or are you staying put in the city?

Judd: If my family wants to go camping we will.

RNO: Is there anything else you’d like to tell readers about your time on Survivor?

Judd: It was the second best experience of my life after having my daughter.

RNO: Thanks again, Judd!

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article5894.art&page=1

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Judd 's Early Show Interview
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:19:44 AM »
WOW he sounds bitter still towards Steoph...maybe him and Lex can talk

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Judd 's Early Show Interview
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 04:41:51 PM »
wait till you  read this Texan, he even calls Danni a scumbag but blames Steph  :lolCX:
pretty funny interview

Survivor's Judd Gets 'Bagged
by Angel Cohn

For more famous last words from reality stars who fell short of making the final round, read our Insider Q&A with The Apprentice's Alla and Felisha!

On last week's Survivor: Guatemala, Judd Sergeant IV saw the doorway to a million dollars close in his face when his alliance mates decided to pull a switcheroo and evict him. The 34-year-old Ridgefield, N.J., hotel doorman didn't exactly take his torch-snuffing well, calling the five remaining players "scumbags" and then expressing his hope that they would be eaten by (ouch) crocodiles. TVGuide.com spoke with the outspoken Judd to find out if he's ready to eat his words, or if he's still full of spite. Here's a hint: If your name is Stephenie, you might want to watch your back.

TVGuide.com: You were pretty funny this season. Are you like that in real life?
Judd Sergeant IV: Oh, yes, I am! Better.

TVGuide.com: Did you ever consider stand-up as a career?
Judd: I'm not that good.

TVGuide.com: OK, now I have to get into the touchy subject of you calling everybody "scumbags."
Judd: I have no regrets whatsoever. Not even the slightest regret.

TVGuide.com: You don't think you overreacted a little?
Judd: Not even close.

TVGuide.com: Really. Don't you think you would have done the same thing they did?
Judd: No. I wouldn't have done the same thing at all. I thought Stephenie had my back; I sure had hers the whole game. Why was she listening to someone who wasn't even in her alliance? She should have blocked it all out.

TVGuide.com: But alliances are made to be broken on this show.
Judd: Yeah, but not when you've taken somebody on so many rewards and they promise you [will make it to the] final two. Come on, you're a scumbag.

TVGuide.com: Even Danni, who was just sort of a pawn in this whole thing?
Judd: Aw, she's a scumbag, too.

TVGuide.com: Really?
Judd: Hell, yeah!

TVGuide.com: I thought she was just trying to save herself any which way she could.
Judd: She was trying to save herself. It's a game, I give her credit. The whole thing was, Stephenie had the iron hand, she could have changed that whole game around. I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you if she just stuck with me like she said she would. What I was saying when I was talking to Lydia [about voting someone else out]: I was just trying to make her comfortable because she was the one going. Stephenie should have never agreed with what Danni was saying.

TVGuide.com: So, making Lydia feel comfortable was different than lying?
Judd: I wasn't lying. I never dropped any names when discussing the strongest two players. I could have meant anybody.

TVGuide.com: Why did you decide to align with Stephenie in the first place? She's a strong player — did you want to go to the final two with her?
Judd: Absolutely, without a doubt.

TVGuide.com: Do you think you would have had a chance?
Judd: Absolutely. This is her second time playing the game. I'd loved to have gone to the final two with her. I would have done anything to take her to the final two. That, to me, would have been a nice victory.

TVGuide.com: Do you think you would have had Gary's vote? He seemed unhappy that you lied about where the immunity idol was hidden.
Judd: I definitely think I would have had Gary's vote. Except for that one incident, me and Gary never talked any game talk. We just did our thing — got our wood, got our water — and never argued or tried to talk strategy. It was great. You talk about me lying, he lied the whole game! Another thing that happened with Gary was that Rafe was feeding him lies about me. Somebody wanted to turn him against me.

TVGuide.com: Seems to be a lot of sneaky stuff going on....
Judd: That's Survivor, it happens every year. This isn't the first time, kid.

TVGuide.com: Were you prepared for that when you were first going on the show?
Judd: Oh, yeah! I still don't think I lied, but everybody else did.

TVGuide.com: You lied about the immunity idol. Just a little.
Judd: Just a little bit!

TVGuide.com: A little "gray-ish" lie.
Judd: That was competition, you know? I can't even go into what I think it was.

TVGuide.com: In your exit interview, you said you had a lot of words for the final two. Can we expect to hear a lot more from you at the finale [airing Sunday at 8 pm/ET]?
Judd: I'm just going to be myself, brutally honest. I'm not going to tell them that if I see them "stuck in the desert," I won't give them water or something — I'm not going to be like the other lady [a reference to Susan Hawk's infamous Season 1 speech] — but I'm going to give it to 'em. It's coming right from my heart.

TVGuide.com: Come on, you did wish that they'd get eaten by crocodiles.
Judd: Of course, I did.

TVGuide.com: Maybe you didn't mean death, but just a little bodily harm?
Judd: Yeah. If they did get bit really bad, I guess I would be the only one left. Even though I got voted out, maybe they'd ask me to come back. I'd be the winner!

TVGuide.com: By default.
Judd: By default, yeah.

TVGuide.com: Would you do another Survivor?
Judd: Absolutely. I'd do it tomorrow!

TVGuide.com: I saw you had a twin brother in the Febreze commercial. It was confusing for a minute.
Judd: My friend at work said the same thing. He actually grew a beard because he knew I was growing a beard, too. I did a double take, too, like, "What the hell am I doing there?"

TVGuide.com: I'd love to see you guys together on something.
Judd: He's the only one who could possibly handle it, out of all my friends. Once they make a "Survivor: Twins," that will be cool.

TVGuide.com: You have Jamie and his brother....
Judd: That's right. And Cindy and Mindy. They think I'm the rough and loud one. Wait till you get a hold of my brother! Woo-hoo, that's a show in itself.

TVGuide.com: Your wife is a beautiful woman. How did you meet her?
Judd: I met her in first grade.

TVGuide.com: Wow, that's amazing!
Judd: That's right. When she brushed her hair, I used to collect the hair and put it in an envelope. We're two peas in a pod.

TVGuide.com: What does your daughter think of your Survivor run?
Judd: At first, she wasn't a fan, so she didn't get into the game. But now she loves it. Sometimes at school when the kids say, "Wow, I can't believe your daddy was naked last night," she probably gets a little embarrassed. But she's used to me, she knows how I am.

TVGuide.com: You lost a ton of weight. Did you keep it off?
Judd: I lost 45 pounds and have gained about 13 back. A lot of that's water weight.

TVGuide.com: Were there any other players, besides the five remaining ones, that you don't want to have anything to do with?
Judd: Um, no. [Within] my first Nakum tribe, I just did my own thing, I never really made friends with anybody over there. I didn't make enemies, either. Jim's telling everybody that I poisoned his water — and he believes it, too.

TVGuide.com: But you wouldn't do something like that.
Judd: [Laughs] No. I wouldn't even know how to do that!

TVGuide.com: What's next for you?
Judd: Got to wake up and go to work tomorrow morning. I'm not a million dollars richer, so the only way I'm going to make money is to be on a TV show where I can win the money. I don't have the brains to do anything else.

TVGuide.com: I don't know about that. You're underestimating yourself.
Judd: Oh, no, I'm just saying Survivor was the perfect opportunity. I'll still be opening doors at 7 am tomorrow morning. If you want to come by, I'll just keep opening and closing them for you.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/?cmsGuid=%7B4828EACF-3919-482C-8229-870CAFEDEB13%7D