Author Topic: NBC Announces Season 6 of The Apprentice to be Filmed in California  (Read 2011 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
NBC Announces Season 6 of The Apprentice to be Filmed in California  11/29/05

NBC "HIRES" A SIXTH SEASON OF "THE APPRENTICE" Trump To Film In Tinseltown

NEW YORK - November 29, 2005 - NBC announced today that "The Apprentice" has been picked up for a sixth season with a new twist - for the first time in "Apprentice" history, the show will be filmed outside of Manhattan and the tri-state area and will shoot in Southern California. The announcement was made by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

Donald Trump will once again fire the shots, as well as executive produce along with Mark Burnett, as the new candidates vie for the coveted title of "Apprentice." The competition - along with new challenges, twists and surprises - also will feature tasks indigenous to and emblematic of the new locale.

" 'The Apprentice' continues to be a top performer for NBC so we're pleased that the show and Donald Trump will continue to play a key role in this network's future through a fifth and now sixth cycle," said Reilly. "We think viewers will agree that a California back-drop, with Donald's West Coast business interests and relationships, will provide an exciting new flavor for the series next season."

"I am honored by the great success of 'The Apprentice' and it's been a lot of fun working with Mark Burnett and NBC," Trump, Executive Producer. "I could never have imagined that firing sixty-seven people on national television would actually make me more popular, especially with the younger generation. While I love shooting in New York City, I look forward to filming season six in Los Angeles."

"Donald has so many recent West Coast projects, that it made perfect sense to change locations and along with it change the flavor of the weekly tasks," said Burnett, Creator and Executive Producer, Mark Burnett Productions. "Seeing Donald operate in Southern California will provide yet more insight into his remarkable world."

To apply for the sixth season of "The Apprentice" please visit www.nbc.com or www.apprentice.yahoo.com to download an application and look for casting calls in a city near you soon.

The current season of "The Apprentice," which remains network television's most upscale unscripted series, culminates with the live finale from New York City's Lincoln Center where Trump will select his fourth "Apprentice" (Thursday, Dec. 15th, 9-11 p.m. ET/PT).

"The Apprentice" is produced by Mark Burnett Productions. Mark Burnett, Jay Bienstock and Donald J. Trump are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Kevin Harris are co-executive producers.

Source: NBC Press Release