Author Topic: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family..  (Read 39440 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR Family Finale Dec.13th ( working title & details )
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2005, 01:28:47 PM »
Great find, Puddin.   |#'

That does match the hot dog spoiler.  Since both teams got there at the same time,  the four hot girls could have been the three Bransen girls and one of the Weaver girls and the family with kids being Walter, Ma Weaver and the other two Weaver childrens.

I read on another board that Weecama posts at, that the curling stadium is at McGill University (downtown Montreal).

Is it possible that the race goes to Montreal first, then Toronto?  There are a lot of tasks in Montreal where Meagan Linz is wearing a lavender top.  She's wearing an orange top in a Toronto ? parking lot and on the boat going down the rapids.

I can't see the Linzes being a day ahead so if all the teams are in Toronto on the 30th and the race ends outside of Buffalo on the 31st, I just don't see them having enough time to do all of the tasks in Montreal (trapeze, stadium, geodome, etc.) and then get to the park outside Buffalo.

ETA:  I also read something where the poster speculated that the teams were doing the same task in Olympic Stadium as was done in Sun Devil Stadium during TAR4?   Does anyone know what task that was?

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2005, 01:44:21 PM »
It looks as though the Weavers are mugged. As they are carrying blue plastic bags around.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2005, 01:45:37 PM »
I'm not sure where Megan is wearing the orange shirt Pedaler , are we sure its Toronto ?
also on page one of this thread there is a compliation of spoilers and like you I'm trying to figure out Toronto or Montreal first  :lolCX:

Is it possible that the race goes to Montreal first, then Toronto?

and what the hell was Andrew Bagley keeping this IMPORTANT spoiler to hiself untill now  )<   ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2005, 01:51:34 PM »
in this picture in the Pearson parking lot I see the Linz coming around the corner along with the Weasels

this spot is the only place that we see Megan in the orange shirt

supposedly the Weasels are running near by

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2005, 01:52:51 PM »
Here it is.  Polson Pier.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2005, 01:59:35 PM »
Chateau or someone I am bad with maps and don't have time , if someone has time can they lay out a map of Montreal /Toronto along with the Pitstop just to see what sorta circle the teams are running ? maybe we can sort this out with a view .

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2005, 01:59:52 PM »

the shuttle bus is one of the termal buses to get you from terminal to terminal. If they fly to Toronto and then go domestic, they would change terminals using the bus. If they fly in domestic and stay domestic, they stay in the same terminal. i'll have to take a closer look to see if it's the new terminal 1 or 2. (terminal 1 most likely as it's the newest.) they just opened up a new terminal 1 maybe two years agoish? haven't flown through it much yet. my daughters and i flew into terminal 1 (domestic) and used the link bus to get to terminal 2 (usa) this past summer.

but unless they change airlines, they wouldn't need to change terminals. not sure what that means in terms or arrival order? would they fly through toronto (terminal 2) to change to domestic (terminal 1) to get to montreal? then back?

here's a link where you can see the shuttle bus. also has the bus schedule.

http://www.gtaa.com/Index.aspx?Sid=Node2/Node2.2/Node2.2.6&Tpl=1
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:39:11 PM by cinni »
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2005, 02:18:04 PM »
this spot is the only place that we see Megan in the orange shirt

You're right Puddin.  Sorry about that.  I mistook Megan's orange life presever on the raft for her top.

I'm still at a loss about how they can do so much in Montreal in such a short time and then get to the Buffalo area.

If they fly to Montreal late on the 30th, they probably do the stadium task since it's dark outside.  That leaves the other tasks for the 31st.  They must take a charter flight to Buffalo on the 31st.  There's not enough time to drive or fly commercial.  That would also mean that they don't do the raft ride on the last day (31st).

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2005, 02:23:55 PM »
I will type here what I have been telling all the boards.  The Jet Boats are just more proof of the JOe Davis visit.  The Whirpool Jet Boats dock out of Lewiston NY (as well as Niagara on the Lake, Canada).  They travel through the mighty Niagara River Rapids.  The dock on Water St. the end of Center St. in Lewiston.  If you were to go up center street on block, and make a left onto River Road, you could follow river road all the way to Joe Davis...a total trip time of less than five minutes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2005, 02:43:37 PM »
It looks as though the Weavers are mugged. As they are carrying blue plastic bags around.

Krazi they were already mugged  :lolCX: , they are probably lugging around what clothes they have left since they have no camper or car yet to store it in  ,same goes for the Bransens seen toting a small black bag .
Too add : fwiw I mentioned further up that the Bransens are the only team without coats as far as the vidcaps we have are showing us , did they ditch them or lose them? They did have coats at the Wagon Detour last episode .

NiagaraFalls ,I wan't to thank you and credit you for the Joe Davis park spoiler , you along with BuffalloNY poster as well , he posted pictures of the clue box near the falls . Great Spoiler  Guys !!!  :999:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 03:40:35 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2005, 03:11:16 PM »
They might be entering from the St. Jacques kiosk.
(Still don't know what they might be doing there. As I mentioned before, it's not a hub or intersection, and the area surrounding the station looks like a dull metro high-rise section)

spec blatantly swiped from another board (twop thanks to mtlchickie)

The airport is about 15 minutes west of the downtown core, and the Olympic Stadium is in the East End. I suspect they will take the metro to either Pie IX or Viau station.

Edit: Based on the AOL preview, they use the Place Victoria metro, head to American Pavillion from Expo 67 on Ile Notre Dame (faster to access it from the metro which will most likely mean to switch lines at Berri-UQUAM), and the trapeze place is here

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2005, 05:42:24 PM »
No tasks left in Montana teams had to leave in the middle of the night to drive to the airport in
Billings
( thanks to Pandora )

acguy reports 7/31

some teams flew from Toronto to Montreal on AC418 at 4:15 pm

Bubbles442 reports 7/31
one team arrived in montreal from chicago on flight NorthWestern 1792 at 5:00pm on July 30. One producer was with the team....they believed the other teams arrived from Toronto. The last flight the teams could have flown out from was direct from Minneapolis to Montreal - arrival time 22h30

romahnator reports 7/31
  Woman with kids looking for " the tall ships " Kajama .heard them talking about needing shots of the CN Tower and needing to plan travel to Montreal. 'whichever team was next was a full six hours behind.'

posted @ tarflies 7/31
two of the groups getting a route info from a ice cream stand, there were 2 groups that went by both groups of 4. One four hot girls and the other a familly. The sign said for them to go to boston

newspaper article posted today

Bransen and Weaver families in front of Toronto's Union Station on July 30, where a hotdog vendor gave them a clue that directed them to Polson Pier, aka the Docks. 

Linz betting spoiler

Poster NiagaraFalls (JoeDavisPark) & BuffaloNY ( cluebox ) pinpoint NiagaraFalls /Joe Davis as the final pitstop

( in the works )

Log Roll ,something? Detour ?
Bransens

Curling/McGill University ,downtown Montreal. (thanks Blows )
Linz

Weasels

Trapezium/Montreal  /Roadblock
    Weasels

Linz

Montreal Olympic Stadium /Look for a clue ?
Carts/ Olympic Staduim Garage ?

Bransens

Weasels

Linz
  Linz

Bransen

Weasels

team

Fuller geodesic dome/ Montreal

Linz

Weasels

Toronto Harborfront
This picture was taken (of Megan)between 8:59 and 9:26 am (assumes 7/30/05, reduce times by 1 min for 7/31/05)

Saute Moutons boats Niagara Gorge
Linz

Weasels

misc for now
< Weavers & Linz

Lester B. Pearson International Airport, Toronto

Place Victoria Metro/Toronto picture link

Metro and Underground City

To Plave Victoria

Underground city, Montreal 

Bonaventure (Montreal Metro)

did the Bransens get mugged ? or maybe thats all they carry now is this black bag ( smart ) but they have no coats ?

Lewiston-Queenston Bridge  :winkC:

( Hotdog stand /Union Station )

( thanks supandalee, Slowhatch, Chateau , charlierose ,Traegen ,Pedaler , NiagraFalls,( Gman  in spirit via email ).... and all others posters that contributed )
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:34:33 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2005, 05:43:32 PM »
If you were to go up center street on block, and make a left onto River Road, you could follow river road all the way to Joe Davis...a total trip time of less than five minutes.

Thanks for all the good info, Niagara Falls.

A couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

What time of day on the 31st were you at the park?

How long would it take to get to Lewiston from both Toronto and Montreal (by plane or car?)

Krazi they were already mugged  , they are probably lugging around what clothes they have left since they have no camper or car yet to store it in  ,same goes for the Bransens seen toting a small black bag .

Puddin, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no NEL leg.  This could be kind of like TARs 5 and 6. The final 3 teams race to the pit stop and only stop to wait on a flight or hours of operation.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2005, 06:03:18 PM »
Puddin, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no NEL leg.  This could be kind of like TARs 5 and 6. The final 3 teams race to the pit stop and only stop to wait on a flight or hours of operation.

I know it would but stupid to mug a team at this point but it was done TAR7 with 3 teams reamaining , thanks to Raceygirls airport pics U&J were seen carrying a plastic bag only . also Phil said something about one of several pre-determined NEL's when the Weasels were mugged so who knows your guess is as good as mine Pedaler  :lolCX: ?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2005, 06:04:39 PM »
Puddin, here's the map.

We will have to sort out the timing of how to get from place to place.  The sans NEL idea may be essential for stuff to fit.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2005, 06:19:16 PM »
acguy reports 7/31

some teams flew from Toronto to Montreal on AC418 at 4:15 pm

Bubbles442 reports 7/31
one team arrived in montreal from chicago on flight NorthWestern 1792 at 5:00pm on July 30. One producer was with the team....they believed the other teams arrived from Toronto. The last flight the teams could have flown out from was direct from Minneapolis to Montreal - arrival time 22h30

this fits with the linz and weasels at terminal 1 in toronto. we see the linz sibs on the link bus, they arrived terminal 2 and headed to terminal 1. confrontation with the weavers to get seats to montreal. the bransens got the flight from minneapolis and that's why we don't see them at the airport.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2005, 06:58:27 PM »
maybe the city order is in this artlicle from ctv??

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051208/amazing_race_20051208/20051208?hub=Entertainment

Amazing racers passing through Canada again
Canadian Press

TORONTO (CP) - Next week's two-hour finale of Amazing Race: Family Edition will see the remaining competitors heading into Canada.

CTV's ETalk Daily says that in next Tuesday's episode the racers will jet boat the Niagara Gorge, visit Montreal and race along Toronto's waterfront. There will also be a sequence shot at Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
The hit CBS reality series airs on CTV in Canada.

Last year, Alberta was in the Amazing Race spotlight for the show's fifth instalment finale as three teams of globe-trotting contestants dashed through Calgary, up Lookout Mountain and down a run at Canada Olympic Park for a pre-recorded sequence that proved to be the turning point for the winners and losers.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2005, 07:09:35 PM »
Well, I was off a week in my finale date prediction, but I'll stay steady in my guess that the hot dog/ice cream vendors will be a TAR 7 team. Since Rob/Amber would be recognized too easily (and probably wouldn't want to do it anyway), I'm guessing it will be Uchenna/Joyce.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2005, 07:31:41 PM »
Slowhatch,  Since we're guessing:I'll go with TAR7's 4th place team (like TAR1).

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2005, 08:28:08 PM »
Alright, as far as Montreal-Niagara Falls, I have no clue.....Toronto is definitely the middle city.  It just has to be geographically.

To get from Toronto to NF, driving...an hour and a half if you are doing just above the speed limit (which is what i would guess they would be doing).   This of course is assuming border traffic is managable.  They could actually Win the game just by picking the right bridge.  The Rainbow Bridge vs the Lewiston Queenston Bridge (one out of NF, NY, the other out of Lewiston NY), they are less than five minutes from one another, but sometimes the traffic difference can be hours.  And you are talking on a sunday in the heat of summer.  This could be huge.

I was AT joe Davis until about 1PM....they definitely had not gotten there by then.  My "false" sighting at NF State Park with the decoy teams was around 3ish, I believe...which makes me think, they probably got to Joe Davis/Whirpool Jet Boat near the same area or a lttle after.

If Icould see the images closer up...and make out the buildings on the shore lines in the Jet Boat pictures, I could give you a very accurate time of day for the boat rides.

I also had an earlier question as to whether the log building challenge could be at joe davis..and I do say it IS possible...but there are not that many Evergreens at Joe Davis...its almost all maple

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2005, 08:30:47 PM »
Meredith & Gretchen were in China visiting the Xian soldiers  :grinC:  , at least thats I was told  so it may not be them .
My guess for the heck of it ummmm Romber !
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 08:37:45 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2005, 09:07:13 PM »
I betting Kevin & Drew again!

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2005, 09:24:13 PM »
My guess is  Bransons do get mugged.  going with AR tradition every season at least 1 team has gone from first to last and it hasnt happened (unless you count Linz going from 1 to last at Yellowstone witch shouldnt even count becuase they didnt reach the matt in last but on CBS it says Yellowstone was the ending point for that leg) so my guess its either they come in last or the first place team in the second to last leg come in third place.  But i think Bransons are third place both legs(but you can never know) becuase if they do come in third both legs i will bet Weavers come in second both legs, and Linz first both legs making this the worst finale ever so lets hope that doesnt happen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2005, 09:36:45 PM »
thank for the info NF ,i'll see what I can get as far as vidcaps at the Gorge .
same to you Chateau dont think I thanked you for the map  :smileC: ?.

reposting this here ( leave no stone unturned , sometimes the simplest spoilers turn out to be the best  )
Bart the Bear
(11/25/05 8:27 pm)
Reply   *Weaver final leg spoiler*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My aunt is visiting and she just happens to be a friend of Rebecca (oh god). She knows that I'm a fan of TAR so I decided what the hell and asked her if they won. Maybe Rebecca might have told her something

Answer: No, they came in 3rd.

I then asked her who won but she told me that she never asked.

In short, Weavers come in 3rd in the final leg and do not win.
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=6159.topic

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2005, 09:44:22 PM »
Here is the webite for the Docks which is at Polson Pier in Toronto http://www.thedocks.com/ The Docks is not generally considered Harbourfront which was mentioned in an eTalk Daily blurb.

If they had to take transit there they could have caught the Pape 72 bus which runs from Union Station to near Polson Pier.

There is also a spoiler somewhere about the teams being involved in a task on a boat (Harbourfront)