Author Topic: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family..  (Read 39913 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Family Finale Dec.13th ( working title & details )
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2005, 09:55:40 PM »
From the Toronto Sun article:
...trapeze challenge at Montreal's National Circus School
I have some doubts about this. The school moved into a new building in 2003 (see here) which doesn't match the vidcaps well. The Trapezium found by Sups looks better.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2005, 11:44:23 PM »
for NF , best that I can do
click the thumbnails for larger pictures

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »
I was able to get some better vidcaps off the finishline
click for Large pictures

some interesting backgrounds here , Airport Tower ? and something in the top right hand corner

a few more

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 12:44:19 AM by puddin »

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
Lets see if I can make this make any sense to myself or any of you.

The Niagara River flows North (bizarre, but it does, its not really a River, its actually a strait), but it flows north.  The BOAT rides south INTO the rapids.  That would mean on the left, would be the West, and therefore CANADA.  On the right would be EAST and therefore, the USA. 

For Shadow References.  In the MORNING the Rainbows over the Falls are seen on the US side.  In the EVENING the Rainbows are seen from Canada.

If I had to guess, the Linz's picture looks alot earlier than the Weavers.  To me it seems the shadow is coming straight down on them with just a little extra from the west...making that around 3-4 in the afternoon local time (our sun was setting around 9PM at this time).  The Weavers seem to have a strong sunlight from the West.  There is even a glare on the left side of the screen, or right side of the boat.  The cloud cover was not that much that day, I do acknowledge it could be a factor...but my gut says there is at least an hour or two between these teams.

One last thing...why isnt that parking sign in both French and English?  I realize that not EVERYTHING in Canada is in both, but even at the NIagara border, ALMOSt everything is. 

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2005, 07:58:03 AM »
 |(  The cold weather here has obviously frozen my brain cells.  Thanx for keeping me straight.

I won't take the credit for this one.  Coksy lives in Montreal and she thinks that they went to Cirque de Soleil.  Campus Training Center and World Headquarters are in Montreal.

I can't get the google map in here.  Don't know what I am doing wrong, but here is the address......Chateau to the rescue ???

CIRQUE DE SOLEIL
8400 2E AVENUE, MONTRÉAL, QC H1Z 4M6, Canada
(514) 722-2324

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2005, 08:54:38 AM »
I think that picture of the Weaver girl running with water behing her is either at Harbourfront or the Docks. In both places you would be able to see Toronto Island in the background.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2005, 09:30:37 AM »
Kraz, I was having trouble with google as well. Go here and click on "local area map" to help narrow it down.

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2005, 12:34:12 PM »
Kraz, I was having trouble with google as well. Go here and click on "local area map" to help narrow it down.

:holidayC:  Thanx Slowhatch!

Here is the google link.  The marker on google is off a bit.  According to the CDS site, it is actually just northeast of the google marker.  But this should help with the location in Montreal, if you zoom out.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »
Just to thoroughly confuse things, here is a trapeze location at the Docks.   (:;)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Hard to find pictures of that trapeze place Chateau ' Damn ' , i wish i could just drive on up there myself and scope it out !

nevermind

good site
http://www.planetware.com/maps/canada-cdn.htm

another
http://www.toronto.ca/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 03:59:28 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
i know I know peeps can edit wikepedia themselves but fwiw

I could never insert the URL's to the links at wikipedia , sorry but its worth the look .

Leg 11 (Montana, USA-Canada)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (Harbourfront Kajama)
Montreal, Quebec (Olympic Stadium)
Montreal (Trapezium)
Montreal (McGill University)
Saint Lawrence River (Lachine Rapids)
[edit]
Leg 12 (Canada-New York, USA)
Niagara Falls, New York,  USA  (Terrapin Point)
Porter, New York (Joseph Davis State Park)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_8

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
OK DUH' it is a bridge

ETA does this look like a cobble street ? or is that how the streets look in Canada ?

what the ceiling of this Trapeze place looks like
Totally with you guys on this , Sups link is right on
http://www.trapezium.qc.ca/

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 08:57:40 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
this & that

the Bransens look wet

did the Weasel girl cop a sweatshirt ? trying to see if the logo matches any where that we know they went .

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Unless they're driving, the Trapezium is close to the Assomption station on the Green line.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
this is making me crazy , is it safe to say the leg is Montana- Toronto-Montreal-Niagara/Gorge Falls ? its the only thing that makes any sense ? maybe we could just work with this and figure it out ?
Also is it safe to assume the Bransens doing the log whatever is a detour that they chose to do and the other 2 teams did the curling or whatever the case maybe ?

Toronto to Montreal
romahnator posted on 07-31-05, 08:55 AM (EST) that he saw a team looking for the Tall ships ,says he spent the day 'The Kajama was not due to dock again till 5:30, so whichever team was next was a full six hours behind.'

( So all these Toronto tasks must have happened on July 30th  ? )

acguy posted on the 7-30  21:46:59
some teams flew from Toronto to Montreal on AC418 at 4:15 pm.

bubbles442 posted on the 7-31 11:52 AM (EST)
one team arrived in montreal from chicago on flight NorthWestern 1792 at 5:00pm on July 30 ( decoys ?)
 One producer was with the team....they believed the other teams arrived from Toronto.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:57 pm
we were in toronto downtown and we saw two of the groups getting a route info from a ice cream stand ( Hot Dog stand ?), there were 2 groups that went by both groups of 4. One four hot girls and the other a familly.

July 30
Andrew Bagley recalled running into the Bransen and Weaver families in front of Toronto's Union Station on July 30, where a hotdog vendor gave them a clue that directed them to Polson Pier, aka the Docks. 

or in a nutshell

According to numerous online eyewitnesses, The Amazing Race 8's five remaining teams visited both Toronto and Montreal on Saturday, July 30. While in Toronto, the teams visited the Toronto Harbourfront and participated in a task in which they had to find the Kajama, a 164-foot three masted schooner that normally offers tours of the Toronto harbor on Lake Ontario. In addition to the various racing teams, The Amazing Race co-creator Bertram van Munster was also said to have been spotted on-location. After completing their visit to Toronto, the teams are said to have flown to Montreal, where they arrived around 5PM local time.

While it's unknown what the teams did in Montreal, the Tonawanda News newspaper picked up the racers' trail on Sunday, July 31. According to the News, the teams visited the American side of Niagara Falls, with eyewitnesses spotting the teams racing to a clue box set up at Terrapin Point on Goat Island in Niagara Falls State Park. The newspaper's eyewitnesses saw at least one team of four -- containing two adults and two children -- race down the nearby stairs and, with cameramen trailing and a nearby production assistant ensuring that no one interfered with the clue box before they arrived, grab an envelope containing the course's next clue. After that, other eyewitnesses reported that teams headed to nearby Joseph Davis State Park, where, although unconfirmed by park officials who apparently signed CBS confidentiality agreements, the The Amazing Race: Family Edition is rumored to have concluded.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3643
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:25:18 AM by puddin »

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
I'm wondering if the sweatshirt could be from the Kamjama task. It looks like it has a boat wheel on it. I think they are in a hallway in Terminal 2. Walking that long walk to the short flight bus gate. So heading from Toronto to Montreal.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did anyone post these yet?

from the original photographer at http://buffalopundit.wnymedia.net/archives/635

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
this is making me crazy , is it safe to say the leg is Montana- Toronto-Montreal-Niagara/Gorge Falls ? its the only thing that makes any sense ? maybe we could just work with this and figure it out ?
Also is it safe to assume the Bransens doing the log whatever is a detour that they chose to do and the other 2 teams did the curling or whatever the case maybe ?

Puddin, you it's not safe to assume anything.  That helps make it fun  ]][

Let me add to the confusion:

I'll start with these 3 pieces of information:

From Chateau's timeline :  The racers depart Billings on July 29.  The two earliest times the racers could arrive in Toronto are 4:29 and 8:00 pm.  (airwise.com)

Racers are spotted in Toronto on July 30 and fly to Montreal that afternoon.

The race ends at Joseph Davis State park on July 31 (possibly late afternoon per Niagara Falls)

The Bransens are shown doing a logging roadblock in daylight.  This would have to be either the morning of the 30th in Toronto or the morning of the 31st in Montreal.  I'm leaning toward Toronto because it appears that the Montreal events use the subway (or maybe a taxi).  There's a vidcap of extremely sweaty Bransens in a van so I'm guessing they're in the van after the logging roadblock.

It looks like the golfcarts are used to transport the teams around Olympic Stadium.  It's night time so this must be the evening of the 30th.

The Linzes are at the GeoDome in daylight.  That would mean to me that it's the morning of the 31st in Montreal.

The trapeze roadblock is in Montreal. That could be done either before/after the Olympic Stadium task  and after/before the GeoDome visit.

That leaves the curling.  Is there enough time in Montreal to do that detour?  Or are the Linzes and Weavers performing that detour in Toronto while the Bransens are doing the logging?

Finally, it's about 400 miles from Montreal to Niagara Falls.  Looking at flight schedules, they can't fly commercially in time to get to the finish line by dark.  Maybe they take charter flights to Niagara Falls International Airport.  It's less than 10 miles from there to the jet boats.

P.S.  I also realize that there are detours and/or roadblocks not shown in the previews like TAR7.

P.P.S.  I find vidcap 20 interesting.  Megan is at the Toronto airport all cleaned up with her make up on.   You wouldn't think there would be enough time to do all that in the middle of a leg.  Normally the women racers are all made up only at the start of a leg.

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
I'm trying to think of what the logs would be about. I can't think of anything here in Toronto that could be linked to that. All the tasks we know about in Toronto involve the water front and I can't think of anything there.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I don't know if it helps but by using the shadow on the cylindrically symmetric building in the background I calculated that this picture was taken between 11:52 am and 12:39 pm.  (also assumes July 31st)

Later On:  adding in some spoiler posts to bracket the time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 02:45:17 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Pedaler, here are flights that I have compiled for July 28th 2006.  That is the time-of-year/day-of-week equivalent to July 29th 2005.

I don't totally trust Airwise.  Wasn't it you who found that they had errors?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Traegen
I'm wondering if the sweatshirt could be from the Kamjama task. It looks like it has a boat wheel on it. I think they are in a hallway in Terminal 2. Walking that long walk to the short flight bus gate. So heading from Toronto to Montreal.
It very well could be , earlier shots she is running around in a tank top , of course carrying whatever bags they have .

Pedaler , thank you
It looks like the golfcarts are used to transport the teams around Olympic Stadium.  It's night time so this must be the evening of the 30th
some interior shots of the Stadium , they probably use the carts like they do at the racetracks & other stadiums to get the big-wigs & security from here to there obviously ( Duh to me ).

Not exact of course , still looking around .

« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 12:26:17 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
About the flights I put up above, I just checked with Airwise and they don't show the early morning Billings to MSP flight. 

But BTS has it!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
About getting to the Niagara Falls area, if it was early Sunday morning I was in Montreal and got a clue saying get to NF I would grab one of these flights:

And drive the 129 km.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:24:51 PM by Chateau d If »