Author Topic: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family..  (Read 39886 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Fami
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2005, 04:38:08 PM »
This is areally rough number:  these shots were taken between 11:50 am and 1:50 pm.

The biggest part of the uncertainty comes from not knowing exactly where they were taken.  I considered the all locations from the whirlpool back to Lewiston.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
check this out

Buffalo salesman's mother is the only one talking about 'Amazing Race' finish

12/13/2005 

By ALAN PERGAMENT

I just love the media rules of reality TV. I can't talk to the Buffalo salesman, Nick Linz, whose Cincinnati family is among the three finalists in the two-hour finale of CBS' "Amazing Race" (9 tonight, Channel 4).
He's being silenced until Wednesday morning after the $1 million check is presented on the American side of Niagara Falls in tonight's finale.

But CBS did allow me to talk with Nick's mom, Terri.

It's a good thing, too. I expected a ton of e-mails from Nick's co-workers as "Amazing" went on, but they never materialized. All I knew about him came from a Cincinnati newspaper story that said he "was the bruising fullback on the 1998 runner-up high school team in Ohio, St. Xavier."

After talking to Nick's mom, I understand why my e-mail box wasn't overloaded. Mrs. Linz said Nick works for two companies in Amherst that specialize in packaging and shrink labeling, Tri Pack Sleevers and Packstar. They are co-owned by Nick's father, Tom, who lives in Cincinnati, and has two partners, Andy Sharp and Helen Ma, in Buffalo.

Mrs. Linz added that the multimillion dollar companies are expanding, and Nick will soon be moving to the West Coast. That suggests the family doesn't need the prize money.

Wrong.

"Of course, he does, everybody could," said Mrs. Linz, noting Nick is one of seven children. "They all have college loans."

The Linz family was approached by a representative of "Amazing Race" while they were on a family vacation in Cancun.

"We were all sitting around and someone said, "You look like a nice family' and asked if they wanted to do it," said Mrs. Linz. Nick, 24, Alex, 22, Megan, 21 and Tommy, 19, eventually went online along with thousands of others and applied.

"They did it right at the deadline," said Mrs. Linz. "That's typical of my family - procrastination."

Oh, mom.

They were chosen to appear and immediately took the colors (orange and black) and cheer of the Cincinnati Bengals and dubbed themselves the Who Dey Team.

"It's "Who dey think is going to beat those Bengals,' " said Mrs. Linz, explaining the cheer.

So far, the Linz family is having as good a year as the Bengals.

To be honest, I haven't watched much of the eighth edition of the Emmy-winning series. The buzz on this edition was worse than the buzz on the marriage between another Cincinnati native, Nick Lachey, and Jessica Simpson. It's been called, uh, dull.

"Not by everyone," said Mrs. Linz. She is proud of the weekly cheers she gets from friends and viewers who tell her how much they have enjoyed watching such a nice family.

"I find myself a little humbled," she said. "They all say how wonderful it is that they are kind to each other and are having fun together. They consider it a lifetime experience."

After watching last Tuesday's semifinal, I understand some of the criticism. The final four may have been the least diverse group on any TV show since the early years of "Friends."

It consisted of four white families. The Linz Family is composed of Nick, his two brothers and their only sister. The Bransens (dad and three daughters), the Weavers (a widowed mother and her children) and the Godlewskis (four sisters) rounded out the final four.

They built teepees or put four wheels on a covered wagon they took for a short ride, had their pictures taken at a saloon named after Buffalo Bill's daughter (Irma) and looked for colored golf balls on a course.

The Linz family led for most of the hour, but blew first place when they forgot to look for a fourth golf ball in the most likely place - the hole. That was so Buffalo.

Not that the Linz family talked much about Buffalo. The Queen City they mentioned was in Ohio. That's natural since they are from Cincinnati, which also calls itself the Queen City.

The Godlewskis were way behind for most of the hour, though there was some brief suspense when the Weavers were stopped for speeding. They ended up with a warning and earned third place.

The most interesting aspect of the semifinal for Western New Yorkers probably came during the promos for tonight's episode, which revealed they take a jet boat ride in the Niagara River, and there is a curling competition.

The episode was filmed locally on July 31, with the show sending some "Amazing" fanatics off on a wild goose chase to Toronto and Boston so the secret of who won was retained.

Since Nick lives here, you might think he had some sort of home advantage in the final leg that might help his family win.

But let's face it. If his family loses after coming so close to winning, it would make him seem more like a real Buffalonian.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051213/1006021.asp

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Fami
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2005, 05:58:19 PM »
So that spoiler that mentioned 'Boston' is definitely bogus!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Weavers come in third  :holidayC:

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
OMG.  Where did you find that stuff puddin?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 )hs( puddin!!  I see the wording but no videos play. You don't think this is a MAJOR CBS misdirection do you?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2005, 06:19:26 PM »
JetBoat Photo

This is areally rough number:  these shots were taken between 11:50 am and 1:50 pm.

Megan at Waterfront

This picture was taken between 8:59 and 9:26 am

I guess they find their transportation shortly after being at the Kajama and head for the jetboats.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Puddin, you're still in a contest right? I wouldn't be the least bit upset if you pushed that little delete button now before everyone (your opponents) see it.  :Grinch:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
no its not a hoax , last night I was trying to break these exact  URLS codes  |#' , they match , see these numbers would come up after Survivor11's red carpet achived from Thursday so i know their right , TPTB are going to be rolling some monkeys heads . Sadly the links are gone now .

http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay2.pl?type=ram&id=17971

Code: [Select]
http://real.cbsig.net/g2demand/entertainment/primetime/amazing_race8/week13/ar813_clip_14.rm?title=hb=&title=Grand%20Prize%20Winners&author=&dir=%2Fprimetime%2Famazing_race8%2Fweek13&id=179

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Puddin, you're still in a contest right? I wouldn't be the least bit upset if you pushed that little delete button now before everyone (your opponents) see it.  :Grinch:
I like to share,a little  good Karma never hurts  {|

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I like to share,a little  good Karma never hurts  {|

Oh and it's wonderful that you like to share!  How else would we have gotten so much solved this season?  {|
At least now I can relax and take a hot bath before settling down for the 2 hour finale. Normally, I'm glued to this computer from now till the show starts.
I think the thing I'm most disappointed about tonights finale is -- couldn't they have found a race track in Canada for a roadblock?   /{}

BRING ON TAR9!!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 |#' Wish they would let us see who wins the car ..still trying to see what I can pull up  :keetaC:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What happened to the hot dog stand? I don't think i took a bathroom break and missed it.  :keetaC:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Car VIDEO
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2005, 12:02:06 AM »

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Thanks puddin for the link.

I started to crack up when I found out it was a geography challenge and how the Weavers are so bad ad it! ((^

But, I have to admit, they did better then I expected.  Still, too much :lolCX:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
What are the Bransens going to do with all those prizes   {| ?They are sitting pretty for second place , glad they won some great stuff  =]/

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
I was so happy for the Linzes. Finally after so many seasons my favorite team wins.  |#'.  They really deserved this price.  The Bransen really amazed me on how well they fought until the last minute.  The Weavers I did not like.  Really they were annoying.

The episode was great.  And you guys had it almost all nail down.  Just the new locations that were not shown on the preview.

Hope that Feb. comes fast, I cant wait for TAR9 to start. I looks great. :holidayC:

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2005, 12:29:08 PM »
I found the ending very emotional, with the Bransons and Linzes singing each other's praises.  When Wally choked up, I did too!  And to have him say how proud the Linz parents must be, and that he was proud of them too. Well, it was a very nice ending.  Anyone hear Carissa Gaghan yell "Wally!"?  And she hugged one of the Linz boys. So cute...

Then the Weavers showed up...

I did laugh at the thought of the Weavers trying to put together a geography puzzle, but I suspect by the time they reached it, the other teams had crossed the finish line.  The editing was a bit funky, it looked like Wally was right behind the Linz boy in the puzzle, but then the Bransens didn't get to the finish line for what seemed like several minutes after the Linzes.

Oh I forgot, it was very exciting for me to see the teams in Toronto. I've been there, and went to the top of the CN Tower (twice!).  Anyone who goes to Toronto shouldn't miss the experience, and I highly recommend the revolving restaurant in the Tower.  Beautiful view, excellent food! 

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Excellent Job folks!  At least I was right about the final destinantion.

As for the Niagara Falls Spoilers:  Wanna know those "three spotted teams"?  Look to the back of the Jet Boats when the other three teams are on them.  The Team I spotted I am 99% sure was on the jetboat with the Bransens.  My guess is just in case they sent those teams to Niagara Falls just as they got off the Jet Boat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
NiagaraFalls ,Im rewatching the last show now ..pretty cool that you spotted those peeps in the rear of the boats  :yaya:

Nice article on the shoes

At the museum, 100 barefoot women were slowly pacing the All About Shoes exhibit and the Cinderella challenge was to find the one whose feet fit into a pair of purple, satin pumps.

"They were extremely, extremely secretive," said museum director Emanuel Lepri. "Even I didn't know exactly what was going on. We knew they would respect the museum as such and that they wouldn't do anything too strange in the gallery."

"But it was interesting to see these 100 ladies show up at 5 a.m.," he said.

Not even the women, who were hired actors, knew what they were doing there. Television crews took about 24 hours to completely plan and set up the piece. Lepri was able to oversee much of production, but even he was politely asked to go to his office when the contestants arrived.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Just read about this at tarflies !!

The video alone is worth the watch !!
The Amazing DVD Race Board Game !!

http://www.b1games.com/html/02_newg/03ar.html#

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
I really think the people on the back of the boats where not other teams, but the producer, the camera and sound men. :smileC:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
When the Bransens got on their boat there was a teenage girl sitting on the near side of the boat and she actually turned her head to meet the camera.

Puddin, could you make some screen caps for me?   :prayer:

1) Linz at the top of the mast with camera looking down at the dock.
2) ditto for Rolly.
3) Overhead shot looking down on the map board at Linz start.
4) ditto for Linz end.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Just read about this at tarflies !!

The video alone is worth the watch !!
The Amazing DVD Race Board Game !!

http://www.b1games.com/html/02_newg/03ar.html#

OMG, I can't wait for the game to come out!!   {**}