Author Topic: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family..  (Read 39891 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Hey Niagara Falls, do you concur with these orientation indicators?

I'm going by the way the sun is hitting them in the back so that would mean they are facing North.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Does the red & white tag on Megans backpack mean anything ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :huhC:

Airport Name: Toronto Pearson International Airport Phone #: 416 776 3000 
Airport Code: YYZ  Website: www.gtaa.com
Location: The Airport is located 27km (17miles) northwest of Toronto. 
Address: Toronto Pearson International Airport,
3111 Convair Drive,
Toronto AMF,
Ontario L5P 1B2,
Canada. 

http://airport.so.html

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Fami
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2005, 02:58:11 PM »
This picture was taken between 8:59 and 9:26 am   (assumes 7/30/05, reduce times by 1 min for 7/31/05)

I'm leaning towards orange on the boats ,even with the orange/blue vest , we see part of her sleeves

I'm guessing the photo is July 31 based on Linz family clothing.

Here's my latest scenario:

Linzes can't get direct flight to Montreal on the 29th so must change planes in Toronto.

A Linz brother is wearing a white top on the airport shuttle bus.  They ride the shuttle bus because they need to change terminals (international arrival to domestic departure)

He is also wearing the white top in his confrontation with Rolly.  Why would they race to the ticket counter in Toronto?  To catch the next flight to Montreal.

The Linz brother is wearing the same white top in the Olympic Stadium, at the Trapeze, and in the GeoDome.  Megan is always wearing a lavender top.  It also appears from a nighttime vidcap that Megan will sleep outside in the lavender top.

Sometime on the 30th, they fly to Toronto.  Like TAR7, the race eventually halts because of an Hours of Operation.

Overnight, Megan changes her top and so does her brother.  She is now wearing an orange top and the brother is no longer wearing the white top (see Jet Boat).

Based on Chateau's analysis, the first task on the 31st is down at the waterfront.  The teams complete that task and then drive on to the Jet boats.

P.S.  A spoiler described seeing Bert and others on the Kajama on the 30th.  Maybe that was just a dress rehearsal for the 31st.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
ETA : Pedaler & Chateau  |#' Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Based on Chateau's analysis, the first task on the 31st is down at the waterfront.  The teams complete that task and then drive on to the Jet boats.
and the clue they receive from the Hot Dog vendor at Union station , perhaps after the waterfront task , is like EP1 where they received a clue to the first task and now receive a clue to their last task .

sold on the idea that the Bransens do the logging whatever DETOUR and the Weasels & Linz chose the Curling DETOUR

also good idea Pedaler ,i never understood how a team could be 6 hours behind anyway
P.S.  A spoiler described seeing Bert and others on the Kajama on the 30th.  Maybe that was just a dress rehearsal for the 31st.

to add to Pedalers theory
Weasel blond in a t-shirt Toronto waterfront

Gorge/Boats short sleeves ( white hat )

Pearson /Toronto airport long sleeves

another airport shot /Long sleeves

Curling long sleeves

Place Victoria long sleeves
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 04:30:22 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Fami
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2005, 05:40:09 PM »
Weasel blond in a t-shirt Toronto waterfront

Puddin, Do you want to know what's both funny and sad?  Here it is the last episode of the season and I reference the Linz brother and you reference the Weasel blond. 

We still don't know all their names   |( |( |( |( |( |( |( |( |( |(

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
I mean its IS possible, because they have to ride BACK...but here is a spoiler for you from the NIagara Gazette:

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_345004915.html

"One of the few things Percy was able to glean was that the boat transported the teams from Niagara-on-the Lake to the U.S. side of the river after they flew into Toronto"

So that takes care of that. 

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2005, 06:04:30 PM »
Thanks for the info, Niagara.

I have a couple of questions for you.

If the racers drive from Toronto to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario :

Is taking the jetboat a legitimate (legal) way to cross the  border?

How long does it take to cross on the JetBoat?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 Whoa !!  Good find NiagaraFalls , thanks for sharing  |#'

Pedaler I only know the Linz teams names  :lolCX: as well as Wal-der Bransen & Rolly Weaver , are we that bad ??

update , Stassi Schroeder has now edited what she had posted in her blog  , did TPTB whisper in her ear ? ( thanks Blows posters )
Stassi's Blurbs
About me:
BE SURE TO WATCH THE AMAZING RACE FINALE ON DEC 13 AT 9:00 PM, 8:00 CENTRAL (THIS TUESDAY)

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
It would not be legit for you or I.  That is a national boundary.  You are talking about customs, all that stuff.  Even the Maid of the Mist, the docks are right across from one another, but you never take off from one and dock at the other.  It just isnt legit.  I am sure the Race got special clearance.

LOGISTICALLY its possible.  So I am sure they did it.  For us though, no way in heck.

I am GUESSING they did this because they didnt wanna have the teams wait at the border.  That could have been HOURS and HOURS.

I am guessing (since the docks are parallel to each other on the Niagara River) that they simply began the ride from the Niagara, ON dock and Parked in the Lewiston, NY dock after the ride.  The ride is 45 minutes...so...I mean, I would think that you would have to be that far ahead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
after show promo

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=23832&currentDate=20051211&currentTime=192020

AOL ( audio is off , it didnt turn out too well lol )

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=23832&currentDate=20051211&currentTime=195150

CBS promo
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=23832&currentDate=20051211&currentTime=200012

Chateau , Tarflies vidcap is picking up pink on Megans shirt .At least thats what I'm seeing .

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 07:02:47 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
It looks lavender to me.  Pink to you?  I'm still trying to process what Pedaler wrote so forgive me if this conflicts.  But based on the lavender shirt arriving at the Toronto airport and headed toward SUVs at what may be early morning (that's a mouthful) I think this IS the Linzen and Weasels arriving back at Toronto on the 31st for the dash to the finish.

I still have not got a good location for that airport shot.  Part of the problem is that Google Earth has an old image that has the airport under construction (Terminal one).  Any experts know which terminal a flight from Montreal would land at?

Let me know where I got mixed up.  I know I am.

Adding more:  If Pedaler is correct to dismiss the team sighting at the Kajama as a decoy [I really like that sighting because littering a used clue is definitely something the Weasels would do!] then the only thing to account for is why would Megan change her shirt on the way from the airport to the Habourfront?

Maybe it was due?  Maybe she wanted to be wearing she "Team" shirt for the finish?

On the littering of the clue, actually that does seem like something that the decoys are supposed to do.  So maybe it was not the Weasels after all.

Pedaler, I am starting to like your plan!  I put up an updated Timeline that shows a possible scenario.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:09:50 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Puddin, I think the bridge seen in the promo is the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge.

The Rainbow bridge is closer to the falls and the water gets too dangerous getting to that bridge (according to Niagara Falls' statement).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :danceC: Ok , thanks Chateau on my way to fix that .

Fun link

http://www.niagarafallsbridges.com/core.htm

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Yeah I am pretty sure that is the Lewiston Queenston Bridge.  It is either that or the Whirpool Bridge...the Whirpool Bridge is right above the Whirpool (ironically enough), which is the whirpool that this jetboat gets close to.  But I still think it looks like the Lew-Q.

Definitely not the Rainbow...you would see the falls in the background if it were.  The Rainbow Bridge is about 300 yards from the the first of the waterfalls!  Plus they'd be dead if they were that close to the Rainbow bridge, because they would have gone over the whirpool.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
A Team Tries to Crash Through a Locked Door on The Amazing Race Finale  12/12/05

AFTER 25 DAYS, 50 CITIES AND MORE THAN 600 HOURS SPENT TOGETHER AS A FAMILY, THE FINAL THREE TEAMS MAKE A MAD DASH TOWARDS THE FINISH LINE AND THE $1 MILLION PRIZE, DURING THE TWO HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, DEC. 13 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Immediately Following the West Coast Broadcast of the Two Hour Season Finale, the Second and Third Place Teams will Compete in a Bonus Mini-Race, Which Will be Streamed Exclusively on CBS.com

"25 Days, 50 Cities, And More Than 600 Consecutive Hours As A Family" -- The tensions mount and every second counts as teams race towards the finish line and the $1 million prize, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, December 13 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

When one team can't find the entrance to the building that holds their next clue, they desperately try to run their vehicle through a locked door. Meanwhile, one family member struggles to complete a high flying Road Block while enduring constant ribbing from the sidelines. Every decision and every stroke of luck could make the difference between $1 million and second place as one family will be crowned the winner of The Amazing Race 8.

For the first time, the teams who finish in second and third place during the two hour-season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 8 will also square off in one final challenge for the chance to win a brand new 2006 GMC Yukon XL. Video footage of the entire bonus mini-race will be streamed exclusively on CBS.com, the official website of the CBS Television Network, immediately following the West coast broadcast of the finale (11:00 PM, PT).

In the exclusive CBS.com bonus challenge, the second and third place winners of THE AMAZING RACE 8 will compete in a mini-race that will require teams to recall specific challenges and locations from this past season. The team who's first to complete the challenge correctly will drive away in their very own 2006 GMC Yukon XL.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 03:45:16 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2005, 12:23:11 PM »
Just to add support to the Log handling and Curling being the two parts of the same Detour.

I noticed a large park next to McGill Univeristy:   Parc Mont Royal

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Chateau would you please  vote  :lolCX: , I'm really curious to see who you think comes in second & third place ..please  :smileC: ??
Gut tells me Weavers are second but am still thinking about Bart the Bear's story that they come in third place . Its the only spoiler that we have , well aside from the Linz win .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
some food for thought

On the Weavers
I wouldn't even care really, personally I just went through the process of getting into contact with the Weavers, and they DID NOT enjoy the race at all, HATED their editing -- and really, want nothing to do with it anymore. They didn't even want to do an interview with us or the fishbowl, so saying that; doubt comes in mind when you say you got to them through CBS? Which I doubt highly, but if i'm wrong: atleast i'll be able to verify you're not being a liar liar pants on fire, so its a plus eitherway. 

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
P {|

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2005, 01:29:48 PM »
Okay Puddin.   </]

I think both Liznes and Weavers arrive in Toronto at the same time (just after sunrise) because they get to the SUV parking lot at the same time.  I think the info about a Weasel-like and a Bransen-like team getting the hot dog clue is decoy.  Same with the person who saw a team at the tall ship location (because it was on the wrong date).  The splashy shot of Linz and Weasels look to be almost same time.  I can't say Weasels are later than Linzes because the boat's directions are not the same in the two shots.  Close, but not the same.  The Weasels sunshine seems to be a little later (from a more southerly direction) than the Linz's but the boat is pointed in a direction that would cause about the same effect.  The cheapo camera wide-angle lens distorts the images so much that I can't reconcile the sun's angle against the boat's direction. 

So all I can say is it looks about the same time for both teams.

I think the Bransens arrive in Toronto on a later flight.

The only thing I am using to decide who comes in second is the grandma auntie report of 3rd place for the Weasels.   :keetaC:

So I suppose that the Weasels mess up after docking on the US side and the Bransens pass them.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 02:41:26 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :keetaC: , cheers Chateau .

Found the article that I was looking for earlier ~

For some reason there will be fewer non-elimination legs this season as well

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6350.15.html

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2005, 02:21:22 PM »
Here is some location confirmation for the Curling at McGill University, McConnell Arena
Address:  3883 University, Montreal, QC. H2W 1S4

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2005, 02:47:52 PM »
Okay Puddin.   </]

I think both Liznes and Weavers arrive in Toronto at the same time (just after sunrise) because they get to the SUV parking lot at the same time.  I think the info about a Weasel-like and a Bransen-like team getting the hot dog clue is decoy.  Same with the person who saw a team at the tall ship location (because it was on the wrong date).  The splashy shot of Linz and Weasels look to be almost same time.  I can't say Weasels are later than Linzes because the boat's directions are not the same in the two shots.  Close, but not the same.  The Weasels sunshine seems to be a little later (from a more southerly direction) than the Linz's but the boat is pointed in a direction that would cause about the same effect.  The cheapo camera wide-angle lens distorts the images so much that I can't reconcile the sun's angle against the boat's direction. 

So all I can say is it looks about the same time for both teams.

I think the Bransens arrive in Toronto on a later flight.

The only thing I am using to decide who comes in second is the grandma auntie report of 3rd place for the Weasels.   :keetaC:

So I suppose that the Weasels mess up after docking on the US side and the Bransens pass them.

So i guess then its going to be a pretty lame finally, it seems like the Linz win in a landslide. 

the only thing is the mom/dad/two daughters team seen in niagara was way behind i believe and its possibly the Bransons i dont know just putting the suggestion.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Chateau, could you ever tell the approx. time of day in the shots of Linzs and Weavers in the speed boats?