Author Topic: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family..  (Read 39753 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
By Bubbles442 on this board; also by ACGuy on Thread #1
Time: Afternoon, Saturday 30 July 2005
1. Crew sighted.
2. Teams rumoured to be around for the weekend.
3. Bubbles442 got some news from his/her supervisors.
4. There are five teams left at this point.
5. A team flew in from Chicago on NW1792, departing 9.00am and arriving in St. Paul at 10.34am, then departing again at 1.32pm and arriving 4.58pm in Montreal.
6. Other teams flew in through Toronto, on AC418 departing 4.00pm, arriving 5.10pm in Montreal. Not much difference there.
7. Flight from Toronto urged to leave on time as "crew was on board".

Of this information, item 5 is the bugaboo for me.  Because how could that team do the all Toronto tasks and catch a flight that lands in Chicago 30 to 60 before 9 am?  And WHY would they take a 2-connection flight to get to Montreal when there are so many direct flights from Toronto to Montreal?

I think this team may have arrived from the sequester location.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Hey, guys, I'm just stealing a minute or two. And how about this:

Teams arrive at Arnold's Green Meadow Ranch near Absarokee between 3 and 5PM on July 28.  This has been a long two or three days and we are now aiming for a demanding final two legs so TPMB give the teams a 36 HOUR PIT STOP.   Thus the teams will be leaving on the early morning hours of July 30.  They must drive to Billings Airport where they could catch the 6:30AM Northwest flight via Minneapolis to Toronto. The first teams arrive there at 1:14PM.But do nothing else but stay at the airport to catch a flight directly to Montral.  If our info is correct they are seen catching Air Canada flight 418 to Montreal which leaves at 4:00 PM. Arriving in Montreal they have time to complete various tasks and end up at a pit stop which is Non-elimination (of course) and someone else loses their duds (Bransens?? Girls at the log roll are all down to tank tops and black pants).

The following day is the day of days. They start off with task perhaps in Montreal, then catch flight back to Toronto (AC leaves hourly on the hour). Complete tasks in Toronto, get to the jet boats and the Niagara Rive gorge. Up to Goat Island, get final clue to race to Davis State Park for the final matt.

It bothers me if they would spend most of the day July 29 travelling to Toronto doing tasks (when were they spotted down by the docks?) get to a pit stop. Then going to Montreal in the afternoon of  July 30; July 31: complete tasks in Montreal and then fly BACK  to Toronto to do more stuff there and then get to Niagara Falls.  One very long day.

Oh well, back to the suitcases!

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
I just can't see it guys.  I think Toronto has to be in the middle of the two of them.  It just HAS to.  Why would they go to Toronto to Montreal which is north, then back THROUGH Toronto to Niagara Falls?  I mean....it has to go one way or the other.

Montreal-Toronto-Niagara

or (which I dont think it is, and am pretty sure it isnt) Niagara-Toronto-Montreal

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Hey GMan!  Aren't you supposed to be at an airport somewhere?  We are struggling to come up with a sequence as you would have provided by now!
About the start day for the Leg, I think the Montana ranch spoiler specified that the teams left for Billings on the next day.

Here is another piece of the spoiler pile that I think is suspicious

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:57 pm

we were in toronto downtown and we saw two of the groups getting a route info from a ice cream stand, there were 2 groups that went by both groups of 4. One four hot girls and the other a familly. The sign said for them to go to boston

because
1) the "four hot girls" it was probably the G sisters (eliminated already)
2) the "family" was either the Blacks or the Gaghans
3) I don't buy the argument that the "four hot girls" could be the three B's + Megan because "there were 2 groups that went by" really indicated that they were in their distinct groups separated by time and space with orbiting cameraman and audio man for each.

So I think these were decoy teams.  And do we know on which day this was seen?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 02:31:04 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:57 pm this is when it was posted Chateau
Somewhere ,I think maybe Hi-Fi posted a sighting of the Gaghans in Toronto but got the feeling that was a made-up sighting . Not impossible that we had Decoys running through Toronto /Montreal because it sure looks like one was run through Niagara too , maybe to divert attention from the real teams being filmed at the Gorge ?

summary here ~
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-the-amazing-race-family-edition-visits-canada-finishes-in-niagara-falls-3643.php

( Miss you already GMan , be safe my friend  :kussC:  , now I'm off to continue shoveling over a foot of snow  |(  )

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Fami
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2005, 05:54:39 PM »
I don't totally trust Airwise.  Wasn't it you who found that they had errors?

Hey, That's not fair.  I don't have my BLS links here at home  :cryC:

give the teams a 36 HOUR PIT STOP.
  G'Man,  Like Chateau, I don't believe that there is a 36 hour pitstop.  Vidcap 47 is late evening in Toronto (Slowhatch).  Vidcap 29 is evening in Montreal.  One of those evenings must be the 29th and the other the 30th.  However, I do like your Montreal to Toronto to Niagara Falls theory.  (again, be careful eating that spicy soup  8-)')

How about this scenario?

After Montana, the teams are told to go to Montreal.  The Bransens, leaving first, get flights directly to Montreal.  The other two teams can't get the same flight so they must go through Toronto before going to Montreal.  After arriving in Toronto the Linzes and Weavers hurry to the airline counter to see if earlier flights are available to Montreal.  That's when you see Rolly and a Linz brother dash to the ticket counter.  It's also why Meagan Linz is still has perfect makeup on.  She hasn't done any racing yet.  They fly on to Montreal (29th) and begin doing tasks such as the Olympic Stadium one.

Sometime on the 30th they fly to Toronto and do tasks.

On the the 31th, as Chateau suggests, they drive to Niagara Falls, do the Jet Boat task, and then finish at the park.

P.S.  Can a shadow expert determine from vidcaps 1 and 8 the time of day the Bransens are doing to logging task?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
WEBCLUES ~ ( yeah no press release yet ? what the heck are they waiting for ? )

1)Failing to find an entrance one family desperately tries to run their vehicle through a locked door .

2)One Family member suffers through several futile attempts at a frightening task while enduring constant ribbing from the sidelines .

3)After 600 consecutive hours together as a family , the final teams reach the end city . Who will win The Amazing Race ?

1) might be the carts ? a team trying to find their way into the stadium? " vehicle" just a guess .
eta: my guess the Bransens " I'm going to Kick someones ASS " , plus they look lost

2) Has to be Alex Linz , we see bro's & sis calling him a fat ass as he climbs the ladder and in one shot he does miss connecting with the trapeze dude and then  tease Alex to think like a feather .

3) I " BET " the Linz Baby !!  " DO IT ,Who DEY"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 08:45:27 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :holidayC: sorta matches ,at first I thought it was a bridge in the background but it could be sails
Looks like the backside , anyone know what that building is ? A hotel or something ?

http://www.cmte.utoronto.ca/~napw2004/FunGames.htm
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 11:38:29 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
One Big Long Hour !! ,thats why we couldn't figure out why one roadblock /Trapeze.. and probably  a detour & tasks to get clues ! Now it makes some sense !

:smileC: thanks to Teighteen @ sucks

Author  Comment 
Teighteen
(12/10/05 10:27 pm)
Reply  First Hour of the Finale is Recrap?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 From Stassi's myspace:

"BE SURE TO WATCH THE AMAZING RACE FINALE ON DEC 13 AT 9:00 PM, 8:00 CENTRAL (THIS TUESDAY)... FIRST HOUR IS A RE-CAP WHILE THE SECOND HOUR, WE GET TO SEE THE 3 FINAL TEAMS RACE TO THE FINISH! YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE ME CLAPPING FOR THE TEAMS LIKE A BIG DORK!"
That better not be true... 

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 12:47:33 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Hey Puddin, you've been cookin!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Wanna know who wins Survivor ?  :winkC:

No really from Blows , we share  :lolCX: ..maybe some of this onfo will help , of course most we already know .
I'm almost sure the ariport where the  ]*] with Rolly & Alex  happens is Pearson but am not sure now ?

michel 255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"
 12-07-05, 03:13 PM (EST)

2. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-05 AT 05:33 PM (EST)
I'm from Montreal and have identified some of the places visited. First the scene when Rolly falls on Alex is at Montreal Trudeau Airport ( see the "Achat de Billet" ticket counter). The airport is in the west Island, 20 minutes cab ride from downtown if there's no traffic.
As Futurama wrote in the East coast thread, the curling is at McGill University arena {we see the university logo) which is Downtown Montreal (Mc Gill green line subway station) Then we see them at Olympic stadium set up as a football field for the Montreal "Alouettes". They seem to have to look for clues in the stand. Olympic stadium is at PIE-IX station (we see one of the Linz in that station's corridor) on the green line, 9 stops east from McGill.
The Trapeze isn't at "Cirque du Soleil" as earlier speculated since we see the www.trapezium.qc.ca address under the trapeze platform. That is located in the east end of Montreal, at L'Assomption station (again green line 2 stops east of the stadium.
Then we see them on Ste-Helen's Island in the old United States pavillion used for EXPO 67. It's the Buckminster Fuller Biosphere. That is on the yellow metro line that connects with the green at mid point between the McGill and Pie-IX stations.

Of all those destinations, none are on the Orange line which is where we see the Weavers enter Place-Victoria Station, probably a 15 minute walk from Mc Gill and would force a transfer at the central Berri station which connects all three lines. Unless they had to go to the business sector for a task, going to Place-Victoria instead of McGill would mean at least a waste of 20 minutes and that's if you immediately reorient yourself correctly.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Here's your location Puddin.  Good Job on making the ship's masts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
pink shirt , orange shirt ?? I'm leaning towards orange on the boats ,even with the orange/blue vest , we see part of her sleeves
( brought up by Pedaler a few pages back  :thumbC:  )
Is it possible that the race goes to Montreal first, then Toronto?  There are a lot of tasks in Montreal where Meagan Linz is wearing a lavender top.  She's wearing an orange top in a Toronto ? parking lot and on the boat going down the rapids.

pink shirt
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 01:44:10 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
This picture was taken between 8:59 and 9:26 am (assumes 7/30/05, reduce times by 1 min for 7/31/05)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
BTW, do you see them reading the clue here?

And I found a satellite image of one of those crazy boats in the Niagara Gorge.

And another!

Maybe Whirlpool Point is where they go to play.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 02:03:21 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
YES I do !!  |#'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
These dams, downstream from the Whirlpool, are the only place where I can imagine a wave of water coming from the boat's starboard (right) side.  And from the sun angle, the boat has to be pointed more or less north for the splash shots.  The dam on the US side could make the shot.  It could be arranged that the dam realeased a lot of water for the show.

On exactly the day of the finish I was in West Virginia, on a raft, in rapids!  Dang, I guess I picked the wrong river for my vacation.  The rafting company said that they have special water release days on some of their rivers.  When they do it becomes class V rapids.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
This is one or more teams running to three parked SUVs at Lester Pearson  (Toronto) Airport.

It looks like early morning from the low sun angle.  But, it could also be end of the day sun. 

Need to get an exact location at the airport to sort that out.

Pedaler, same thing goes for the time of the log rolling shots.  But my gut feeling is that it was early morning.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:10:42 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
You guys dont know the NIagara Rapids very well.

If they got CLOSE to that Whirpool, they'd be dead.  Not even the jetboat would save you there.

Lastly...those rapids are bad enough that at any point between The start of Goat ISland at Niagara Falls State Park to the dock of that boat at Niagara River/Lake Ontario joining point would cause waves like that.  Everytime I climb to the bottom of the gorge, and stand at the edge, the jetboat FLIES by...and everyone is just soaked...that water is bad.

Those "Dams" are just outakes.  They push water that is diverted from the upper river through the power plant and out of those holes.  There are hundreds of those "dams", and although they were diverting about 30-40 percent of the water of the Niagara River at the time...it isnt enough to cause "waves"

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Then where could they hit waves off their front starboard while heading North to NW?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Fami
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2005, 09:51:09 AM »
sorta matches ,at first I thought it was a bridge in the background but it could be sails
Looks like the backside , anyone know what that building is ? A hotel or something ?

Outstanding find, Puddin   :thumbC: :thumbC: :thumbC: :thumbC: :thumbC:    Ranks up there with the Ft. McDowell one.

Per the spoiler, the team is looking for the Kajama.

Here's another view that shows the building the same color as the vidcap.
http://www.boatnerd.com/shiphotos/story-photos/2003/2003-dec-10-14/1/2003-dec-13-d-1002-kajama.htm

One Big Long Hour !! ,thats why we couldn't figure out why one roadblock /Trapeze.. and probably  a detour & tasks to get clues !

I won't believe this until I see it from an official CBS news release.  As always, there should be a recap of all of the prior legs at the beginning of the final episode.  But it will not take an entire hour. 

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :shockedC: Wow. I take my computer offline for a few hours to clean up a redirect trojan and I miss all the fun  :lolCX:.Great work on the Kajama  (^.# :999:, Puddin. If they get the clue at Uniion Station then it's a very short trip to the boat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
digging and digging , there was a USA article somewhere and Phil said something about fewer non-elim legs this season but we know he lies ( remember one Fast Forward but we saw the Gaghans a few legs later holding the FF ticket ? )
Anyway , agreed with no official press release its hard to say whether or not we will have 1 hour of recraps .

fwiw from the TAR/CBS webmonkeys :

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Puddin, can you determine if Megan is in this sequence, and if so, if her shirt is Orange or Lavender!

Maybe this is the hypothetical second landing at Toronto.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Yes its Megan ,I have a better vidcap somewhere and yeah you can see the backpacks on the linz team brb
Boy its hard to tell if

heres the finish line link with a clearer aftershow promo , slide the clip position down to 10:18 to watch it , after the dancing charmen bear clip

http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay2.pl?type=ram&id=17820&ord=53317106.085124366

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 01:07:18 PM by puddin »