Author Topic: EP11 :' The Family Christmas Card '  (Read 33977 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP11 :' The Family Christmas Card '
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 02:52:23 PM »
To me it looks like an old style Souix War Bonnet.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 02:59:02 PM »
Never, watch out, Mirna is gonna box your ears if you don't say 'dwarf'.

I think this is a shot from Costa Rica or Panama:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 03:01:54 PM »
And this one is where the title comes from.

See the camera?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 03:07:38 PM »
And this one tells me that the Linzes and the G's get to Phil just a little before sunset.

Old Faithful goes off at 6:02 pm, sun sets at ? (back in a bit)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 03:19:55 PM »
that confessional is not from now and its not recycled its from the finish line (Niagara Falls) compare it to the Starsi pic they are so simmular.  They are mad or look disapointed becuase they just came in second place to the Linz family.
Pedaler already posted that this pic was taken from the Godlewskis insider clip

Bad Animals Link:
http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay2.pl?type=wmv&id=17455

Bransen confessional insider clip :

hey I'm 5 foot tall if I want to call someone a midget well then  :grinC:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 03:52:46 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 04:29:10 PM »
I don't know .. not calling this one just yet ,just looking around

Crow Chief Joseph Medicine Crow

Author
Dr. Joseph Medicine Crow

I know this isn't the right Indian Chief bit check out the costumes ,,the rose's

Chief of Crow Tribe (Montana)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 05:20:20 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 04:47:07 PM »
Oh no.  You too!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 05:09:07 PM »
 :lolCX: LOL Chateau , oh and thanks for the icky avatar ..it works well for my diet !

here are some pictures I took near the end of EP 11 after Phil handed over the clue

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 05:32:19 PM »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005, 06:31:38 PM »
Puddin, where are you going with the Absarokee link?  Is it a for-certain location for the next episode.

I'm too lazy to check it out!

So, do you know about Andouilette Sausage?   :lolCX:   (little travel story here)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 07:20:30 PM »

This confessional was filmed soon after they met Phil at the ranch.

The vidcap at the link below was taken during their drive to see Phil.  Note the same clothes and Wally needing a shave.

http://www.tarflies.com/gallery2/v/tar08/tar08_09/RDVD_1590.jpg.html

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005, 07:40:34 PM »
I went looking in Webshots for pictures of Fishtail, Montana (as per Pandora's spoiler), and this was the first picture to pop up ( `/~ I sure hope it refers to mountain oysters). Whatever it was, the racers missed it by only a month or so.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 07:42:24 PM »
Puddin, where are you going with the Absarokee link?  Is it a for-certain location for the next episode.

I'm too lazy to check it out!

So, do you know about Andouilette Sausage?   :lolCX:   (little travel story here)

per Pandora
Here is the scoop the way I heard it. I know someone who has relatives that
own a ranch near the Fishtail/Absarokee area in Montana. He told us a week
after the Race had started that one of the pit stops would be at this ranch.
I was looking for the Ranch or maybe the field that they are buiding the teepees on  :lolCX:

Military and Native Indian history runs deep along the Stillwater and Rosebud Rivers near Absarokee, Montana.  In 1874 there were no highways, no telephones, no power lines and just a dot here and there representing squatters, Indians, expedition camps and the Crow Indian Agency -- "The Mission".  The first Crow Agency at Ft. Parker, present day Livingston, Montana, burned in 1872, then relocated and built in 1874 four miles south of present day Absarokee.

http://absarokeearea.com/history.htm

No  Andouilette  Sausage for me :barf: but if your nice i'll let you have a bite of my peanutbutter , bacon sandwiich on a toasted blueberry waffle  :toungueC: ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2005, 07:45:23 PM »
I went looking in Webshots for pictures of Fishtail, Montana (as per Pandora's spoiler), and this was the first picture to pop up ( `/~ I sure hope it refers to mountain oysters). Whatever it was, the racers missed it by only a month or so.

((^  was that anywhere near the tree of balls ?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2005, 08:40:17 PM »
I went looking in Webshots for pictures of Fishtail, Montana (as per Pandora's spoiler), and this was the first picture to pop up ( scared I sure hope it refers to mountain oysters). Whatever it was, the racers missed it by only a month or so.

]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][ ]][

I never thought I'd miss eating challenges but I do this season. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 09:21:05 PM »
just sorting this out ..

CBS Press Release :

ONE TEAMMATE'S PERFORMANCE OVERWHELMS THE REST OF THE FAMILY AND GETS THEM OUT OF A POTENTIAL JAM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, DEC. 6 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"The Family Christmas Card" -- One teammate's performance overwhelms the rest of the family and gets them out of a potential jam, on THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, Dec. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

On the way to the Pit Stop, one team gets pulled over by the police and wonders if this will cost them the race. Tensions continue to rise as another racer pulls away from the team to perform a task on her own

Teepees / Detour  , G-sisters & Weasels

G-Sisters

Weasels

Detour Build a Wagon  /Bransens & Linz

Linz

Bransen

drivers ??

Here comes a Wagon, could be the Linz team , Dark horses 

Buffalo Bill / dress up & take a picture with Bill to get a clue " Family Christmas Card "

Linz

G-sisters

Golf Roadblock , teams of 2 , find the orange balls ?

G-sisters

Bransens
Weasels

misc

Weasels get pulled over on the way to the pitstop

" YAY the million $$ is still there !"

Megan talks about Paul Bunyon and makes a funny

G-sisters

Weasels get gas ? maybe ice-cream ?

scenary +

5.    Grand Tetons,Wyoming ( thanks to Slowhatch )
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 01:53:21 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005, 10:01:37 PM »
Thanks Puddin! After watching the video again with my finger on the pause button these are some observations:

- Running to the detour you see the Weavers, Linzs and Bransens together. If the Godlewskis are there they are running last and aren't in the pic.
- Weaver and Godlewski do the teepee
- Linz and Bransen do the wagon build
- After building the wagon those teams ride off in the wagon and Linz look on as they pass team(s) doing teepees
- Bransen also ride off with a team not halfway through building a teepee (there is a finished teepee there, don't know if it was an example or team has finished?)

Linz should ROCK this detour!!!  :grinC:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 10:04:50 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2005, 11:14:26 PM »
sups right after we see the Bransens passing the teepees the Linz say " whoa whoa that looks like its going to tip over " maybe the Linz are behind the Bransen's wagon ..maybe just maybe the Bransens wagon falls apart and they have to start over ? unless they are making fun of someones teepee   </]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2005, 10:46:07 AM »
If this article is right a team actually gets eliminated this Tuesday  .. can you beleive it ? YAY

One team will be eliminated Tuesday, with three advancing to the finale the following week, DelliColli says.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2005, 01:56:37 PM »
I still can't understand why TPTB would continue to penalize teams due to "production errors" like leaving a videocamera on and draining the car battery.  This is different than picking the wrong car and having it breakdown half way between Budapest and Eger, that was just the luck of the draw.

The only thing I can think of is that a delay such as this would not matter in the long run since there probably is a built-in bunch-up point before the next elimination jump on the mat.  Just like we had this week with everyone having to wait for the 6AM start of the balloon run. Poor Linz  lost their 4.5 hour lead over the Weasels and eventually fell from first (which spot they were in during the entire race up to the time they were late getting to the overnight) to last.

CBS misdirection has you believe that the Weasels are detained by the local sheriff on the way to the pit stop and this would make them come in last.  I sort of doubt it.  More likely the Bransen wagon loses a wheel and they have to go back and start over.

Speculation has it that the Bransens are next to pick up the dreaded "X" on the CBS website page!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2005, 02:45:11 PM »
Gman do you think TPTB scurried to make the last leg an extended leg becuase of the production screw up ? as the week before the G-sisters also had the same prodution problem with their battery making it a non-elim leg .

I agree the Bransen's are toast whatever the scenario ..they had there story last week when daddy shined at the railroad task as the Paolo's did before there elimination ,Papa Paolo and the banana task . And the Webmonkey blurb sure seems to confirm this .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2005, 06:03:01 PM »
CBS Press Release :

ONE TEAMMATE'S PERFORMANCE OVERWHELMS THE REST OF THE FAMILY AND GETS THEM OUT OF A POTENTIAL JAM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, DEC. 6 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"The Family Christmas Card" -- One teammate's performance overwhelms the rest of the family and gets them out of a potential jam, on THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, Dec. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

On the way to the Pit Stop, one team gets pulled over by the police and wonders if this will cost them the race. Tensions continue to rise as another racer pulls away from the team to perform a task on her own.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »
Could be since all previews and early info bits indicated things happening "on the way to the pit stop".  The Linzzibs and Godlyones are at least 92 minutes behind the others and the sun is about to set when they finally reach Phil on the rail. But I would think that the "next clue" will be sending them somewhere to spend the night either in their trailers (how convenient and nice of TPTB to provide same) or they must camp out and wait for some opening time tomorrow morning. Which means all four teams are going to bunch up once again perhaps at Buffalo Bill's bar in Cody.

Something bad is going to happen to the Bransens which will make them lose out to the evil Weasels; perhaps their wagon wheel is going to fall off. We do seem to see them pass the evil ones still working on their teepee.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 10:31:25 PM »
Could be since all previews and early info bits indicated things happening "on the way to the pit stop".  The Linzzibs and Godlyones are at least 92 minutes behind the others and the sun is about to set when they finally reach Phil on the rail. But I would think that the "next clue" will be sending them somewhere to spend the night either in their trailers (how convenient and nice of TPTB to provide same) or they must camp out and wait for some opening time tomorrow morning. Which means all four teams are going to bunch up once again perhaps at Buffalo Bill's bar in Cody.

Something bad is going to happen to the Bransens which will make them lose out to the evil Weasels; perhaps their wagon wheel is going to fall off. We do seem to see them pass the evil ones still working on their teepee.

I thought it was logical to wait for Buffalo Bill bar to open the next morning for the bunch up but the the shot of 3 teams running together through the field (at the detour?) has to be the morning bunch up. If they had visited the the bar first they probably wouldn't be arriving at the detour at the exact same time (since they have to change into costumes and pose for pics.)

Maybe since it's the Bransens turn some monkey camera crew drains their car battery and that's how they bite the dust.

At least then next week it will be Weasels turn.  :neenerC:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »
In this pic the first teepee is the example that was already set up (the one that had the indian standing next to it). The second is the Weavers that are over 1/2 through if not almost finished and next the Godlewskis who are just getting started.

In the shots of the Bransens riding by I can't tell if it's Weavers building the tent or the Godlewskis (with the finished tent being the Weavers.)

The only reason I question the Bransens having a wheel fall off is that someone would have approved their work before letting them leave.