Author Topic: " LOST" *spoilers*  (Read 110546 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Any " LOST" fans ??
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2006, 07:07:49 PM »
Ask Ausiello
Althought LOST season sent libby to the big island in the sky ,the actress who plays Tailie may actually see her work load increase .Not only will Cynthia Watros be heavily featured in flashbacks in the May 24th finale but Libbys mysterious backstory will continue to unfold on the show next season . " We have a master paln for how we're going to do that , but its all posthumous ," explains exc. producer Damon Lindelof ." So were not done with Cynthai , but Libby is dead ." Hey as long as that check clears ...

more later

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2006, 07:10:31 PM »
i have that issue of tv guide nothing big in there woman  :lol3:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2006, 07:33:21 PM »
 :waves:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2006, 07:57:04 PM »
tvguide.com/lostblog
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2006, 08:31:33 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12776785/site/newsweek/

MSNBC.com

Island Fever
This season, 'Lost' had its share of setbacks and frayed nerves, but it's still the coolest show on TV. NEWSWEEK hits the beach for the wild finale.

By Marc Peyser
Newsweek

May 22, 2006 issue - To get to the set, you have to drive 45 minutes north of Honolulu, and you have to know where you're going. There's no sign—they don't call it "Lost" for nothing—just a red flare stuck in a dirt road past some pineapple and coffee fields, along with a note: BASE CAMP. It's 7:30 on a drizzly May morning, and the cast is rehearsing a funeral on the beach. There are five graves. The two most recent are open, and contain corpses of Ana Lucia and Libby, wrapped in gray flannel. As usual on any TV show, a two-minute scene takes forever to film. The rain doesn't help. In between takes, Josh Holloway (who plays Sawyer) does push-ups on a grave.

Evangeline Lilly (Kate) goes "10-1"—set talk for a bathroom break—then reads a Christian self-help book. Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) and Jorge Garcia (Hurley) trade stories about their most embarrassing childhood moments—Monaghan's concerns a dirty diaper at the zoo. When the rain stops around 9 a.m., the actors are in such a hurry to finish, they just throw their umbrellas onto Ana Lucia's corpse. No one seems to notice the rainbow glowing just over the ocean. Or the fact that, thanks to an earthquake in the South Pacific, the area is under a tsunami watch.

Then again, dodging big waves is nothing new for "Lost." Since its debut last season, the ABC drama has established itself as the most creative and daring show on network television. In an era of procedural dramas—the McMystery franchises "CSI" and "Law & Order" and their many clones—that are built to rake in cash through syndication, "Lost" dares to tell an intricate, sprawling story that mashes up religion, sci-fi and existentialism with more than a dozen flesh-and-blood characters. The show won an Emmy in its maiden season and has spawned the kind of rabid fandom not seen since the heyday of "The X-Files." But success has come with some risks—the tsunami lurking behind the rainbow.

Viewership is down 20 percent in the second half of this season—when are people going to realize how boring "American Idol" is this year?—despite a raft of tie-ins, including an online clue hunt, a novel "written" by a crash victim and free streaming video. The cast is battling its own strain of island fever, brought on by the paparazzi, the isolation and the pressure of living up to expectations—not to mention the occasional run-in with the cops. To a person, the actors all say they love living in Hawaii and acting in the coolest show on TV. But during NEWSWEEK's exclusive visit to the set during the filming of the finale, you could sense the other side of paradise. "It's been a taxing season, to be honest," says Monaghan. "We're not the new, big hit show now. We're not shocking people like we used to. The natural transition is to not be as big as we used to be. It's tough, man."

"Lost" started simply enough as a show about a plane crash and its survivors—it was actually conceived as a dramatized version of "Survivor." But this year it virtually reinvented itself. The castaways discovered more survivors who crashed on a different part of the island, a nasty band of bushmen called "the others" and an underground bunker with a computer that inexplicably requires six numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) to be input every 108 minutes. "Lost" is chock-full of eerie, seemingly unexplained phenomena, and the finale will clear some of them up. "You'll be able to do a lot of speculating and theorizing about what exactly is going on," says executive producer Carlton Cuse. But it wouldn't be "Lost" if the show didn't stir up as many mysteries as it solves. The producers are so nervous about guarding their new secrets, they've given the very last scene a code name—"challah," as in the Jewish bread that's full of twists. They haven't even told the cast what's going to happen.

So, do you wanna know what we know about the finale? Skip this paragraph if you don't—though it's not as if we could solve the whole "Lost" riddle. But here are some tidbits. "We are going to tell you why the plane crashed," says Cuse. "We're going to explain what happens if you don't push the button. And we're going to resolve the Michael-and-Walt story." (Michael's son, Walt, was kidnapped by "the others" in last year's season finale and has been missing ever since.) Desmond, the enigmatic guy originally discovered in the hatch, also reappears, and he's not in good shape, though he gives the survivors fresh hope for escape. Just as last year's finale expanded our scope of the island's boundaries, this year's will expand its relevance. "There is something else that is reverberating on our planet that is directly linked to this island," says Monaghan. "You begin to understand that what is happening there has a significant butterfly effect in the rest of the world." One more thing: we think another character is going to die, or come close. It's just a hypothesis, based on the fact that when we asked Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia) to guess which character would die after Libby, she said: "I can't do that, 'cause I know." Then she clammed up.

Some actors think they know even more than that. "A buddy of mine actually got a part in the 'challah,' so I got to know a little bit more," says Garcia. "I know," insists Matthew Fox, who plays doctor Jack. How? "I just know. I have my sources." But most of them don't, and they're not all crazy about being kept in the dark. "It's a little bit difficult," says Harold Perrineau (Michael). "I'm one of those actors who likes to give himself a running start on how to be in touch with this or that. Last year we didn't know the finale until the day it was shot—we went out on the raft and there were pages missing in the script. Suddenly, there's a lot to wrap your head around."

But it's not just about the work. The actors are also fans of the show. Many of them have their own theories about the island (see interactive above). They often watch the show together—whichever character is featured in that week's flashback hosts the viewing party. "I've never watched a show as religiously as I've watched this, and I've never enjoyed one that I've been involved in as much," says Terry O'Quinn (Locke). O'Quinn is one of the few actors who don't like to speculate about the show, even about the most basic questions, like how Locke became a paraplegic. "When the question is answered, the answer will be disappointing—it's the question that's fun," he says. "He's a mysterious character, and that's what makes him compelling."

Besides, O'Quinn is just too damn busy to study anything beyond that week's script. As the season wound down, the cast was shooting three or four episodes simultaneously, sometimes working 20-hour days. They had to squeeze in our interviews during lunch or in the few minutes between scenes. Lilly stood on the side of a dirt supply road getting pushed farther and farther into the bush by equipment trucks. Fox—the cast calls him "Foxy"—grabbed a few minutes in a clearing behind the beach where the extras wait, next to the Porta Potti. They were all unfailingly nice and upbeat about their show. (Except for Naveen Andrews, who was said to be "not feeling well" and declined to be interviewed. Wait a minute. Surely they're not going to bump him off next!)

Still, you could tell that the cast was exhausted—Daniel Kim and Perrineau answered their trailer doors in their underwear because they had to sacrifice nap time to chat—and that they're starting to get on each other's nerves. "It's tough being involved in a shoot with a large cast," says Monaghan, sitting in his trailer, where the floor is piled with FedEx envelopes filled with fan mail. "Just the sheer politics can drag you down. So-and-so is not getting screen time. So-and-so is not showing up on time. So-and-so isn't behaving well on set. That's the toughest thing—coming home and going, Well, I behaved OK, but three or four people didn't." Despite mixed emotions, Monaghan brought a camera to the set to take pictures of his castmates, like a kid on the last day of school. "We're like brothers and sisters," says Lilly. "There are days when you want to thank them for being in your life, and there are days when you want to punch them in the face."

You'd better behave on "Lost"—no network TV show has ever killed off so many major characters so early in its run. For the record, the producers insist they didn't kill Ana Lucia and Libby because Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros, the actresses who play them, were arrested in December for DUI. "The truth is that we had this plan for Ana Lucia last year when Michelle met with us. She was, like, 'I want to do the show for one year,' so we put this plan in motion independent of her getting a DUI," says Cuse. "And the Libby thing was just a sort of twist that we felt elevated the scene to another level." Still, the actors know they're vulnerable—in an early version of the pilot, the producers had planned to kill Jack and changed their minds only when Stephen McPherson, now the president of ABC Entertainment, talked them out of it. Do the actors worry about their fates? "Sure, I'll be out of a good job," says O'Quinn. "I don't think there's any person on this show who is not expendable. If I said they didn't have the nerve to kill me, I'd be some kind of fool, wouldn't I?"

Forget about Locke or Jack or Ana Lucia—the really big question is, how will "Lost" end? Will we ever learn the secret to the island? The hatches. The numbers. The Dutch company that apparently ran a psychiatric experiment on the island 25 years earlier. The chance meetings so many characters had before the crash. Will all the pieces of the puzzle fit, or will "Lost" fall apart under the weight of its own mythology, like "Twin Peaks"? If the producers have their way, you'll get answers in the next three or four years, before the story lines and mysteries spin out of control. "This story is meant to end—people want to see the final chapter," says Cuse.

But in the meantime, they warn fans not to try to connect every plotlet. For instance, it was actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's idea, not the writers', for Eko to write Scripture on his stick, so those entries probably aren't very significant. Ditto for some of the flashback crossovers. Some are clearly important, such as Jack's dad's relationship with Ana Lucia. But others—like the time Kate's mom waited on Sawyer in a diner—are merely a wink at the audience. "We never promised that there would be a unified-field theory of 'Lost'," says Damon Lindelof, who created the show with J. J. Abrams ("Alias," "M:i:III"). "You'll get many small answers along the way, and ultimately you will understand this island, but all those answers might not necessarily be reduced to a simple one-sentence explanation." Until then, all you conspiracy theorists—just enjoy the trip, and get lost.

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #256 on: May 16, 2006, 11:11:35 PM »
WOW thats alot to take in...so it looks like
Michael might die or come close to it by the
end of this season. 1 week to go and we'll
know for sure.
The tribe has spoken....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2006, 11:28:57 PM »
nice avatar BRL !!

any thoughts on the "gold glow" in the finale ? what could it be ?

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2006, 11:55:55 PM »
Maybe another crash?  :chute:
A hatch coming out of the water? ???
or just anything coming up out of the water. :croc
They might not even show us what it is. That might be the final shot to
leave us wondering what everyone is looking at.

I thought a new avatar to show my love for LOST would be good.
The tribe has spoken....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2006, 12:06:55 AM »
Another CRASH more casting !! Yes more characters !! Love it !!

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2006, 12:20:23 AM »
During this weeks ABC podcast they said next season
would have more characters added but that might mean
the "others" or the people we see in the background
at the lostaways camp.

I think that maybe there's a ship and it crashes?
or something horrible coming up out of the water
are good guesses. I have a feeling it might have
something to due with not pushing the button.  ???
The tribe has spoken....

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2006, 12:19:21 PM »
So, what does everyone think? Very interesting. It doesn't look like Michael was brainwashed all that much. I like how that chick points out that for somone who wants to see their child so much, he knows very little about him.

Preview for next week. Anyone else notice all those vacuum tube canisters laying there? I was trying to see if stuff was still inside or not. If so, it means that the Pearl hatch is just another psychological experiment since no one is even reading what they do. Yea, I know that was obvious, just wanted to point that out.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »
I haven't watched yet ..can't wait!!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »
Then why are you reading the Lost thread? Oh right, you don't mind spoilers. Just so you know, Michael kills Sayid this episode because he insists on going. It's very sad to watch.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2006, 02:52:54 PM »
I didnt read it ..I'm just excited that i have something to watch tonight !!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2006, 03:06:29 PM »
Well, bring lots of tissue when you watch it! And tell me what you think about Charlie torching the church after he hides the heroine he finds.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #266 on: May 19, 2006, 01:30:59 AM »
Well, bring lots of tissue when you watch it! And tell me what you think about Charlie torching the church after he hides the heroine he finds.

I just watched  LOSt after catching up on the Soprano's :popcorn: Desmond's sail boat!?
OMG I can't wait to see the finale  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
spoilers !!
« Reply #267 on: May 19, 2006, 01:32:46 AM »
Lost Spoilers
Updated on May 17, 2006

Lost airs on ABC on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EST. The series was renewed for a 3rd season.

Episode 2.23: Live Together, Die Alone (2-hour season finale) (Desmond-centric)
Airdate: May 24, 2006 from 9 to 11 p.m.

05/17 - "We are going to tell you why the plane crashed," says Cuse. "We're going to explain what happens if you don't push the button. And we're going to resolve the Michael-and-Walt story." (Michael's son, Walt, was kidnapped by "the others" in last year's season finale and has been missing ever since.) Desmond, the enigmatic guy originally discovered in the hatch, also reappears, and he's not in good shape, though he gives the survivors fresh hope for escape. Just as last year's finale expanded our scope of the island's boundaries, this year's will expand its relevance. "There is something else that is reverberating on our planet that is directly linked to this island," says Monaghan. "You begin to understand that what is happening there has a significant butterfly effect in the rest of the world." One more thing: we think another character is going to die, or come close. It's just a hypothesis, based on the fact that when we asked Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia) to guess which character would die after Libby, she said: "I can't do that, 'cause I know." Then she clammed up. Source: Newsweek
 05/16 - At the beach, long-lost button pusher Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) chugs from a bottle of booze and spills a secret. (Hint: It's sick.) [...] This time, we'll see Walt again, learn what caused Oceanic flight 815 to crash, find out what that mysterious button actually does (if anything), and more. Source: Entertainment Weekly
05/09 - Damon Lindelof: The finale is "a battle between faith and reason on the same playing field, where it all began." (and some suggest it all began on the plane) Source: Kristin on E!Online
05/08 - Guest starring are Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Sam Anderson as Bernard, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Clancy Brown as Kelvin Inman, Tania Raymonde as Alex, April Grace as Ms. Klugh, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Stephen Page as Master Sergeant, Michael Bowen as Pickett, Sonya Walger as Penelope, Len Cordova as man no. 1, Alex Petrovitch as man no. 2, Eyal Podell as young man and Cathy Foy as receptionist. Source: ABC
04/28 - After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the "button" and the hatch. Source: ABC
04/19 - The two-hour finale is basically one big Desmond flashback. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
04/18 - [Quite spoilery, highlight at your own risk... In flashback that is set in 2000 in L.A., Libby buys Desmond coffee and offers him her boat. Charlie and Eko enter the hatch to get dynamite. Rose and Locke have a chat. Later in the episode, we see Desmond lying on the beach shore, waking up, being carried to the hatch, and Desmond and Kelvin walking through the jungle. While in prison (not sure if it's on island or flashback), Widmore tells Desmond off. There will be one scene of Desmond in the stadium. Dr. Candle will appear.] Source: Aloha Oe and call sheet at SurvivorSucksForum
04/18 - The episode will feature Gregg, an athletic stockbroker type who loves his job and the company that employs him. Source: SpoilerFix.com
04/15 - The episode will feature two foreign computer technicans working in a remote drilling station. Source: SpoilerFix.com
04/11 - Guest stars for season finale: Cameron, British (Rupert Murdochish) 50, rich steel tycoon, ruthless, competitive, protective of his daughter; Penelope, late 20's, beautiful, strong, daughter of Cameron, wants a simple life, to fall in love and start a family. Though she has no interest in her family's money she eventually uses it to get what she wants. Source: SecretAgentMan at TWoP
04/05 - We'll see Vincent in the finale. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 01:36:47 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
more spoilers
« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2006, 01:38:20 AM »
 05/17 - Michael Emerson (Henry Gale) [...] is returning next season as a series regular. Source: The Ausiello Report
 05/16 - [In Season 3,] there will be new locations and new characters (one rumor has Desmond joining the cast full-time, but producers won't comment). The season's big theme sounds timely, twisty, and terrifying. Hints Lindelof: "'Us versus Them.' But who's the 'us,' and who's the 'them'?" Source: Entertainment Weekly
05/14 - Damon Lindelof [reveals]: Libby's got this mysterious backstory, of which we've only given you the tip of the iceberg. We know she's spent some time in the mental institution with Hurley, and the idea of killing her before she had an opportunity to explain how she got there... we have a master plan for how we're going to tell that story, but it's all posthumous. You'll start to learn Libby's moves through flashbacks over the course of the next season. So we're not done with Cynthia, but Libby is dead. Source: The Ausiello Report
05/03 - Lindelof & Cuse: We'll see the resolution of the Michael-Walt story. We're going to answer the question of where Michael has been and resolve the story of him and Walt. The growth of Malcolm David Kelly (Walt) will be addressed in the 3rd season. We'll learn more about Dharma. Desmond will shed some more light on his experience on the island in the three years prior to when Locke came down into that hatch. There is more stuff between Sawyer/Kate/Jack, but the focus is not on the romance between those characters. There are bigger fish to fry. Ana-Lucia and Jack were not in a place where we felt it was believable for them to have a romance. Charlie and Claire have been on a break and there's definitely some advancement in their relationship as part of the finale. The perception might be that we dropped the idea of forming an army, what actually happened was that more significant things replaced the need to develop an army. But that concept is indeed coming back for the finale. You can expect to see more of Rousseau next year, but the story of the wrecked research vessel. it will be coming at some point but we can't guarantee it'll be in Season 3. We'll be introducing new characters in Season 3, so you'll be getting fresh flashbacks. You'll probably see fewer flashbacks of our original characters as we begin to move toward certain inevitabilities. You will learn more about some of the other survivors next year. Also, where the new characters come from in Season 3 is going be part of the fun and anticipation over the summer, and hopefully by the end of the finale you'll be getting some sense of who those characters might be. We are going to produce the next 22 hours of Lost in Season 3. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2006, 01:41:08 AM »
 :lol: Jeff thats too funny. I'm glad Charlie kicked his habbit.
I think all together it was a very interesting episode. And ya
brainwashed isn't what I would call it but he was asked to bring
those 4 people to get Walt back, I think its just his fatherly instincts.

Eko is the new button man, even if it means that Charlie has to
build the church on his own.

Oh and whats up with the lady at the "others" camp, Ms. Clue?
And they took Micheals blood, why?
Plus everything that Walt said when talking to his father. Just more
questions we will not get answered til next season I guess.

and my favorite part of the whole episode was when Sawyer asked what
happened between Jack and Kate on their hike.

Jack:"We got caught in a net"
Sawyer:"So thats what thier calling it these days"

I'll get some screens from next weeks preview up in a second.
The tribe has spoken....

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2006, 01:58:57 AM »
Some images from next weeks preview.

Enjoy
The tribe has spoken....

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2006, 07:09:26 AM »
I'm anxious to learn about those tubes. Are they the ones from Pearl and if so why are they there?
Yes, Mrs. Kluge freaks me out. Did anyone else want to reach into the TV and slap her. I seriously thought Michael was giong to see his 'dead' ex-wife.
So, does Michael die next week or does something happen to Walt? Any ideas?

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2006, 09:39:04 AM »
just watched the episode and it was as Jeffrey would say 'fabulous'  :lol3:

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2006, 09:58:07 AM »
That key is starting to intrigue me now. Is there a secret hatch that can be found? Maybe that is really the '?' hatch? I've heard others saying that the Pearl hatch is NOT the ? hatch. Any thoughts on that?

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2006, 10:33:25 AM »
i think the key has something to do with next season and i think a guy will die since three women have died this season.

I also think it will be a character with a strong current storyline (aka shocking) and not someone's whose storyline has been somewhat dormant for awhile, aka Charlie.

[IM