Author Topic: EP10 : " Don't Talk to Me like I Was an Animal or Something "  (Read 33300 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP10 : " Don't Talk to Me like I Was an Animal or Something "
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 09:38:14 PM »
Being detained by "an unpredictible volcano" could be the MUD VOLCANO located in Yellowstone National Park on the road that leads to Red Lodge and Billings, Montana. Or they could be leaving the Park on the way to Cody, Wyoming.  Take your pick.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2005, 11:03:17 PM »
Never heard of it Gman  |#'

Mud volcano
Mud volcano in the Norris Geyser Basin, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. The mud volcano is about 40 cm tall.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2005, 03:39:03 PM »
football pips ..yeah they look like crap but we see the Weavers celebrating by there trailer and the Bransens running ..after the horse RB ?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 04:51:17 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2005, 05:30:59 PM »

Another family breezes through an otherwise challenging task while the other teams struggle attempting to control the herd of animals.
weavers bio ,

Rebecca enjoys surfing and horseback riding. Her proudest accomplishment is getting through the turmoil of losing her father without going crazy.

Rachel is a junior in high school who likes four-wheeling and riding horses.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2005, 12:11:45 AM »
Don;t know if it matters but I think the vidcaps of what looks like the Weavers crashing isn't so afterall ..they may have just had a rough landing and bounced around abit cause you can see the dude handing them the clue .
Maybe the best clue was the end of show voiceover ? The Bransens & Linz do collide. Could be a the Weavers put a hex in the Linz team " are you sorry ? you will be !"  :winkC:

NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil voice: The Bransens and Linzes have a mid-air collision.
Hot-air balloons collide, then seem to run conjoined in mid-air.

Phil voice: And the Weavers confront the Linzes.
After an EQUALIZER of some sort ...
Mom Weaver: Are you sorry you wasted your YIELD?
Scene of Weavers, smiling.
Linz: Huh!?
Mom Weaver : You will be!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2005, 10:19:26 AM »
Don;t know if it matters but I think the vidcaps of what looks like the Weavers crashing isn't so afterall ..

You're probably right. If they weren't supposed to be landing then that would mean there were 3 balloon crew flying with them and I don't think they would have that many. Also, there are people on the ground by the side of the road -- balloon chase team?

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2005, 10:59:20 AM »
First, if the Weavers are "safely landing" are they landing on the side of a hill or what?  Notice how small the car and people below them look.  And is he actually handing the Weasels a clue, or is one of them just holding the clue with instructions about how to do the balloon ride.  And do the four-person teams fly the bags by themselves, or is there an experienced crew along with them? Would you go up in an hot air ballloon when you have never flown one before? 

Now this morning on the CBS Sunday Morning program there is no mention of "the latest family to be eliminated from the Amazing Race" appearing on TES this week - just plugs for Romber, the what's his name pirate winner, and the latest castoffs from Survivor. So again a hint that there is either a NEL this week, or another surprise.  In today's Washington Post television magazine the plug for Tuesdaya's TAR says "A surprise ending catches the teams off guard when they arrive at the mat."  Phils arched left eyebrow? An award of a car would not be much of a surprise since each winner of a leg has won either $40,000, a life-time supply of gasoline, or a trip to some exotic place.  A simple non-elimination would not be much of a surprise either.  So the hint is certainly pointing toward Phil's eyebrow and another TBC.

But then we have CBS's release saying "teams are detained by an unpredictable volcano on their way to the PIT STOP." Of course, this could mean that while they are heading toward the eventual pit stop after being delayed by the MUD VOLCANO IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, they are met with Phil's raised eyebrow at the mat (perhaps in Cody, Wyoming) and will be faced with a TBC and will eventually reach on The Next Show (Dec. 6) ,  the pit stop for Leg 10 at the ranch near Billings, Montana, as announced previously.  :Xmas:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2005, 11:38:37 AM »
Well we don't have too much worked out .... everyone's busy with the holiday weekend so I'll take a very preliminary stab at it.

Teams make their way to Park City and take hot air balloons to a location a little north.
   (They might loose their campers at this point as chase teams and SUVs follow the balloons to where they land.)
Upon landing get clue which will lead to a detour -- shovel coal or build railroad (sorry, I'm not clever with naming detours)
Get clue to travel Yellowstone and find old faithful.
Get clue to travel near Cody for roadblock, Cowboy Up.
Get clue to travel TO THE MAT

I've been searching horse, cattle and dude ranches in Wyoming to try and find one with the flags in the pic below. No luck yet. There are alot of them and not all have pictures.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2005, 01:12:07 PM »
No luck pegging the ranch either ..what type of hat is this and what does it mean ? something to do with the ranch?

TES this week - just plugs for Romber, the what's his name pirate winner,
LOL..Gman ..good ole Rupert

nice to see you guys  :Xmas:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 01:19:17 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2005, 02:38:17 PM »
I think I've found the location, or a location, for the balloon task. 

The first is the shot from the promo.
The next is a Google earth imitation of it.
The last is a straight satelite image (i.e. looking directly down) of the location.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2005, 06:56:27 PM »
Just studying the clips looking for clues.

First pic shows both Linz and Godlewski are at the detour at the same time.
Second pic: I agree that the one in the back looks like a Weaver girl but I don't think the one in front is. The only Weaver small enough would be Rolly or Ma Weaver and with the limited clothing, the clothes don't match.
Pic three shows someone with similar clothing and the horse might be the same. Who is it? A Bransen?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2005, 07:30:54 PM »
this is Bone Linz ..its hard to get a good cap

I eliminated the colors of all the horses to determine this was the Weavers ..take alook again

Bone Linz
Megan & Nick ? laughing

Bransen
Michelle Godlewski
  Weasels ,pretty sure
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 07:35:36 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2005, 09:14:56 PM »
Still trying to digest all that turkey and clear my brain of stuffing, cranberries, etc. eetc. But time to start trying to piece together what we do or do not know about Ep 10.

Looks like they make run to Balloon Launch site.  A typical bunchup will occur as teams wait for 6AM opening.  So Weasels leaving approximately 4 hours after the leaders will catch up, but still be no. 4 in the launch cycle.

What's next?

Working on the railroad.  Do we have location?  Utah? 

Detour?  Haul rails or haul coal?

Then  off to a working ranch or through Yellowstone past Old Faithful and the Mud Volcano?

Working ranch seems to be Roadblock, but for two to do, herd cattle along trail and into pen?

Off to Cody, WY - Museum? Mat and the raised eyebrow for TBC?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2005, 10:25:19 PM »
Working on the railroad.  Do we have location?  Utah? 

Gman Sups has identified the train as the 618 Heber Creeper that runs through Wasatch Utah but finding the actual railyard that they are at isn't as easy as you would think .

http://www.uen.org/counties/wasatch.html

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2005, 11:23:31 PM »
I'm not taking too much stock that train 618 is used or even seen after what we saw with the Natchez riverboat and the fake Little Bart.  |(

With that said, a possibility for the train depot is the Ogden Historic Union Station. It's large like the one in the vid caps and it's used as a museum. They might not have teams at an actual working depot due to safety reasons.

http://www.theunionstation.org/

Here's the Google Earth image and a pic from webshots.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2005, 12:17:19 AM »
Who knows Sups? I still like the 618 idea also  ..wouldn't ya think this railyard location & cattle/dude ranch would be so easy to find ?  :ballX:
  ( love your penguins ..heehee )

this was Slowhatch's idea back a few pages
A visit to the Golden Spike, maybe?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2005, 01:20:43 AM »
I think Sups' estimate is closer to the mark. All the pictures I've found of Golden Spike monument show it to be in the middle of nowhere: no rail shed, no maintenance yard, no nothing.
On a different subject, I've found some more matching pictures from the MorningStar balloon site, including the red-star balloon used and a "uniform" shot that matches Puddin's vidcaps: white shirt (with red MorningStar logo) and white khakis/chinos. Still no luck on the launch site, though.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2005, 10:34:34 AM »
Checked web site for Golden Spike National Park and they have rails there for an annual "spike driving" contests; also two working steam locomotives the "Jupiter" and "119". Also an engine house for these fully functioning replicas. The park is about two hour drive from Salt Lake City north of Ogden and Bringham City.  Would make sense to visit here for "americana" theme of TAR8. Try this for more info:

http://www.nps.gov/gosp/pphtml/activities.html

Went back and checked pix on previous page about railroad activity and it certainly does not look like the
Golden Spke National Park.  Perhaps the Ogden museum, since you do see a pix of ancient rail car with the Godly sisters around it.

Comment made by someone previously that we see two dudes helping the Weasels when they are up agains a hillside, that one is giving them a clue envelope.  I think this wouldn't happen while they were still in balloon but afterwards when they finally land.  They seem to be up on a hill and there are people watching guite below them. Did the Weasels crash against the hillside and the two crew members are trying to get them free so that they can land.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 10:45:04 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2005, 12:21:20 PM »
Here is a route that teams may take to get from the Salt Lake City area to Jackson Hole.  It's about 6 hours!

The Weasels, however, may opt for a 'shortcut' through Las Vegas perhaps.

The route is shown from Ogden but it could also have been made for Provo where that 618 engine lives.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2005, 12:52:02 PM »
Comment made by someone previously that we see two dudes helping the Weasels when they are up agains a hillside, that one is giving them a clue envelope.  I think this wouldn't happen while they were still in balloon but afterwards when they finally land.  They seem to be up on a hill and there are people watching guite below them. Did the Weasels crash against the hillside and the two crew members are trying to get them free so that they can land.

There are actually 4 crew members in this shot (I thought there were 3 previously). There is someone standing outside the balloon to the right of the guy with the clue. They may have overshot the landing a bit but it's clear it isn't a crash or there wouldn't be all those crew there to assist.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2005, 12:57:14 PM »
The route is shown from Ogden but it could also have been made for Provo where that 618 engine lives.

The 618 runs to Provo and originates from Heber City. I didn't think they would go back to Heber City and Provo is south so I started looking at other options. I thought they would probably head north from Salt Lake towards Wyoming so I started looking for steam train depots to the north. They had one in Brigham City but it was too small. Ogden Union Station is the best option I've found so far.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2005, 03:12:38 PM »
Another good possi bity for the "working on the railroad" gig is at the Tooele County Railroad Museum just to the west of SLC at the junction of routes 36 and 112. It has a working steam locomotive, rail yards, a dining car, etc. See below:

TOOELE COUNTY RAILROAD MUSEUM
35 N. BROADWAY
TOOELE, UTAH 84704 -
Location: EAST OF DOWNTOWN TOOELE. TURN LEFT ON VINE STREET AND FOLLOW VINE TO 35 NORTH BROADWAY.
Phone: 435-882-2836
Description: RAILROAD MUSEUM
Also:
LOCOMOTIVE(S) ON DISPLAY
Web Site TOOELE COUNTY RAILROAD MUSEUM HOMEPAGE
Email Address  Comments/Directions:
The main attraction of the Tooele County Musuem is former Tooele Valley Railway 2-8-0 No. 11, built by Alco in 1910 and 2 wood Tooele Valley Railway cabooses, ex-BA&P TVR 03 and ex-D&RGW TVR 04. The steam locomotive is on display next to the original Tooele Valley Ry. Depot, now on the Register of Historic Places. The engine has been restored to its original appearance. The depot houses artifacts and displays from Tooeles heyday when the Tooele Valley Railroad served the smelter just east of town. Today the smelter and the railroad are both gone. In the small railyard visitors can view a snowplow, several freight and passenger cars, and railroad maintainance-of-way equipment.. A miniature live-steam railroad offers short rides around the museum grounds on Saturdays during the summer. Operating hours are from 1-4 PM on Saturdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. 

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2005, 03:29:12 PM »
If they go all the way to Jackson Hole for the cowboy task, they might go here:

http://www.lostcreek.com/

Lost Creek Ranch is just of many Dude Ranches in the area.  The scenery around Lost Creek matches that which we had in the opening flash scenes.

So it may be here that they have to herd the cattle through the gate marked with flags.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2005, 08:04:28 PM »
I'm stumped ..anyone with good hearing ? on the CBS promo someone ( Female ) says "you guys rule this one " and its said or dubbed around the Horse task , can anyone figure out who it is ?
The clue says that one team has an easy time with the Herding so it could be that this team comes in around first to the mat ?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2005, 08:40:45 PM »
This may or may not be anything but the only time a confessional was on the previews was:

1) Ep. 6 Paolos (they won the leg)
2) Ep. 9 Linz (they also won)
3) Ep. 10 Weavers --- ???????

Could also be that TPTB know we'd figure that out so they're misdirecting us?  :nonoC: