Author Topic: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22  (Read 63655 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2005, 12:31:15 AM »
I LOVE YOU Chateau  {| ..are you kidding ?? I think your the BOMB!!  |#'
Hey we did the best we could and as a team , don't be so hard on yourself   ]**]

" may we always be alittle wrong " we being the key word  :yaya:

Offline sarahbea

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2005, 09:41:51 AM »
Just a response on the fast food thing. There is a Mcdonalds right on the corner when you get off the I-80 and right before the turn to Olympic Park. I am sure they new they were going to be yielded so they decided to have food while they wait?? I was personally annoyed by their comments about Utah. I was kind of still holding out hope to like them because of their faith. I know they have not been very likable. However to be able to drive through Utah and not see how beautiful creation is just really got me.

Also, did anyone else hear Phil say they had to drive 20 miles from green river to heber city??? that is completely wrong! Oh well. It was fun to see them driving around places I've been, even the gas station the Bransens stopped to ask for directions.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2005, 09:48:40 AM »
I also was really annoyed by the awful comments about Utah. I looks like a beautiful state.  Meanwhile the other teams, specially the Linzs, did say what a beautiful state it was.

What I did not understand is the delay the Sisters had? Phil said it was due to a technical problem.  And what about time? They did not get any time benefit from this problem.

Overall, I really hated that this was a non elimination.  I had given the benefit of the doubt to the Weavers, but they are very hard to tolerate.  B:)

{**}

Offline Mike-e

• " Just Jack "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can't out-run these 3 crazy women...
« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2005, 10:02:01 AM »
still not up  , maybe they are on to us or they let a CBS Webmonkey at the controls for the holiday ?

a present for the girls  *8/

And some of us guys...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2005, 10:18:51 AM »
Mike-e  :)* !!

I like having the Weavers on the show ..if it wern't for them everyone would be all "Golly Gee Whiz " , we need a team  that we love to hate or it would be boring .

Don't know what the car dealio was with the Godlewski's ? It made me mad but they seemed ok with it and did not complain..also I wonder if it wasn't a NEL if they would have been allowed exta time for the car but now I'm thinking that perhaps they were allowed extra time but it was not mentioned or shown because the Weasels were so far behind ? Maybe the insider clips will give us a clue ? i'll let you know when I get a chance to watch them .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #305 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33:51 AM »
Good one ! If it will play for you

The Godlewskis ask Phil to use the eyebrow on the Weavers  {l{

http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay2.pl?type=wmv&id=17293

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2005, 11:18:20 AM »
Chateau, I know you did the best you could, but maybe that new protracter of yours let you down!  In the past you certainly have been right on.

Some other strange observations:

The Godly ones had, and I quote Phil, "a mutual production error involving camera equipment, the Godlewskies' car battery was drained.  A replacement vehicle was provided, but they have fallen into last place."  Camera equipment drained the car battery? Very strange since as far as we know they did not stop between Elephant Butte and Gemini Bridges, but while they drove the car battery was drained?  And to complicate matters further, note this.  When the leave Lake Powell and Ford's Point they are driving a black SUV, when they arrive late after a car switch at Gemini Bridges they are driving a  black SUV, when they arrive at Green River Park they are driving a black SUV.  BUT the next morning when they leave Green River for the 20 mile (sic!) drive to Heber City they are now driving a Silver SUV.  Another car switch we are not told about? Did they drain the battery once again during the overnight sleep over?

How in the world did the Weasels manage to get on route 92 when they left Heber City? According to my small map they would have had to drive west and south on route 189 to reach 92 while the map clearly shows that the best route is north on route 40/189.

From what I can deduce, and please correct me, Chateau, if I am way off, the Linz ziblings arrive on top of the Library at about 1:00PM MDT, the sun looks almost directly overhead with it shining on the top of Phil's head and very small shadows showing dirctly under the players.  The Bransens and Godly ones seem to arrive shortly thereafter since the shadows and sun seem to be nearly the same as that for the Linz zibs. But when the Weasels finally arrive the sun now is shining on the back of Phil's head and the shadows seem failrly long, so I am guessing that they arrive about 3 or 4 hours after the others.

From the preview I am guessing again that this pitstop is a normal 12-hour one and the first teams will be leaving between 1 and 2 in the morning with the Weasels leaving between 3 and 4AM.  But from the preview we do see all the teams hanging around driniking coffee and the lights on the buildings are still on, so I guess they have all arrived at the starting point for the Balloon Ride and are undergoing a typical TAR Bunchup letting the Weasels to catch up once again.  Darn.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2005, 01:22:48 PM »
Thanks GMan.

I have to drive off for TG stuff so I can't sit down to see where I went wrong.  Just from the looks of things this is what I think I did wrong:  (note the protractor is working correctly, it's the operator you've got to worry about.)
1)  In one shot I thought it was a G when it was really Rolly doing the jump (dang, if I got that right it would have solved a lot of problems!)
2)  Linz and B's jump times may be okay considering what you are saying about the check-in time.
3)  Rappel times are off because I assumed the bridges were straight and did not consider how the curve would catch sunlight long past the time when straight would not.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2005, 02:11:39 PM »
Chateau, I know you did the best you could, but maybe that new protracter of yours let you down!  In the past you certainly have been right on.

Some other strange observations:

The Godly ones had, and I quote Phil, "a mutual production error involving camera equipment, the Godlewskies' car battery was drained.  A replacement vehicle was provided, but they have fallen into last place."  Camera equipment drained the car battery? Very strange since as far as we know they did not stop between Elephant Butte and Gemini Bridges, but while they drove the car battery was drained?  And to complicate matters further, note this.  When the leave Lake Powell and Ford's Point they are driving a black SUV, when they arrive late after a car switch at Gemini Bridges they are driving a  black SUV, when they arrive at Green River Park they are driving a black SUV.  BUT the next morning when they leave Green River for the 20 mile (sic!) drive to Heber City they are now driving a Silver SUV.  Another car switch we are not told about? Did they drain the battery once again during the overnight sleep over?

How in the world did the Weasels manage to get on route 92 when they left Heber City? According to my small map they would have had to drive west and south on route 189 to reach 92 while the map clearly shows that the best route is north on route 40/189.

From what I can deduce, and please correct me, Chateau, if I am way off, the Linz ziblings arrive on top of the Library at about 1:00PM MDT, the sun looks almost directly overhead with it shining on the top of Phil's head and very small shadows showing dirctly under the players.  The Bransens and Godly ones seem to arrive shortly thereafter since the shadows and sun seem to be nearly the same as that for the Linz zibs. But when the Weasels finally arrive the sun now is shining on the back of Phil's head and the shadows seem failrly long, so I am guessing that they arrive about 3 or 4 hours after the others.

From the preview I am guessing again that this pitstop is a normal 12-hour one and the first teams will be leaving between 1 and 2 in the morning with the Weasels leaving between 3 and 4AM.  But from the preview we do see all the teams hanging around driniking coffee and the lights on the buildings are still on, so I guess they have all arrived at the starting point for the Balloon Ride and are undergoing a typical TAR Bunchup letting the Weasels to catch up once again.  Darn.

The Weavers we on 189 during the show they showed that sign as they were driving.

Why were the sisters not given a time credit normally when a car break downs its noones falt just bad luck so not time is given but this was the production falt and they should have a credit?

And did anyone notice the Cris Godlewski confessional at the beggining she was talking about how she went on the race to improve their relation ship and is you notice the backround is all trees and green simmular to the Starsi and Briteny pic??   I will look for the pic of TAR files if its there.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2005, 02:16:45 PM »
Here is the pciture: http://www.tarflies.com/gallery2/v/tar08/tar08_08/QDVD_022.jpg.html

I think this proves the G's are in the final three becuase the last pit stops have been desert, and there is not lush green pit stop comming exept for the Niagara Finish.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2005, 02:24:42 PM »
snagged a few last night

I'd have to replay the episode later to get the exact dialog ..

funny how the sun & landscape make the trailers look clay