Author Topic: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22  (Read 64230 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2005, 01:10:52 PM »
Gman the clothes tell me its the first day with the detour & junk .
thanks again Chateau ..I have to think about this one somemore  *(^

I could start with what the Linzes are wearing .

Linz leaving the Lake Powell pitstop , Alex Blue shirt / Megan Grey tanktop Black Capris

Bone in his Green Tshirt , Nick in black tank ,Alex in blue shirt ,Megan in Greyish tanktop

Alex & Nick

This very well could be the Linz boys ? I see a dark top & Blue top ,Light colored shorts .I see the cluebox now Slowhatch   :<(

Nick driving past the Weavers

Bone in Green T-shirt Megan in Grey tanktop , lunch ?,as they pass the Weasels

Megan tanktop / Nick Green T-shirt watching  

Megan pink T-Shirt / Alex Dark tanktop / Bone  long sleeve white shirt.  MATCHES THE CONFESSIONALChateau !! 

Confessional
Megan in pink T / Alex& Nick Dark Tank tops / Bone longsleeve white shirt

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2005, 01:18:58 PM »
The way I see it is that the reason they have to leave keys and backpacks in their vehicles at the detour is that the vehicles are switched out there. In order to pull a trailer they need vehicles with towing package and mirrors. See the Linz mirror vs. the Bransen mirror.

Based on this and Puddins spotting of the clothes, I think the passing scene is after the detour and on the way to the pitstop.

And yes, they do have lunch. Weavers and Linzs have fast food drinks. Lunch must have been given to them (would you stop for lunch on the way to a pitstop?)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 01:32:01 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2005, 01:35:09 PM »
and a great face one of??

Oompa Loompa???  {l{

((^ just saw this sups !!

so who is it ..really ? I thought it was a Godlewski but with the clearer picture the face ..I dont know now ...all I know is its not a Weaver or Linz  ]][

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 01:42:32 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2005, 01:38:11 PM »
The instructions to the teams below may contradict what I said. It reads as though trailers aren't received until arriving at the state park but maybe (just maybe) "hooking up your trailers" refers to hooking up electriciy, water, etc because the clothes are a pretty strong indication that the passing is on the first day.

At Green River State Park:
Once you get to Green River State Park find group site 1 and park in the marked parking area.

Additional instructions on hooking up your trailers will be available on site.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2005, 01:48:19 PM »
good eye Sups ,and I use to own a trailer and hooking it up with no experience is bad ...hated that poop sewer thingy ..
And yes, they do have lunch. Weavers and Linzs have fast food drinks. Lunch must have been given to them (would you stop for lunch on the way to a pitstop?)
I'd stop if that meant throwing some food at the Weasels  :gotcha:

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2005, 01:55:10 PM »
For what it's worth...

I think the mystery jumper is Rolly Weaver.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2005, 02:13:11 PM »
Don't be misled by CBS's fancy editing. The shot of Megan having lunch which comes right after the shot of the other Linz guy driving (must be the SUV with a trailer hitch) may actually be taken at two different times. Megan has on her gray tanktop in day one activiities and a pink blouse on during the second day.  So the shot of her and the lunch bag can not be as the Linz pass the Weasels on the second day on the way from the ski jump to the pit stop.  Also note that you can  see what looks like a  trailer behind their car  through the back window while Megan clutches the lunch bag.

The following is quote from the full scenario for picking up vehicle after the Detour at Gemini Bridges:

Additional Info:
Take a ride in one of the provided Humvee's back to your vehicle.

VEHICLE DISCLAIMER:
The producers have made a good-faith effort to check that all cars are in good working condition. These cars are "First-come, first choose." If a car should present mechanical difficulties of any sort, producers reserve the right to make best efforts to get you a replacement car, or you may attempt to fix it in the meanwhile. Using alternative means of transportation is not an option. Should you find yourself in this situation, whether by your own fault or by bad luck, credit for lost time will not be given.

At Green River State Park:
Once you get to Green River State Park find group site 1 and park in the marked parking area.

Additional instructions on hooking up your trailers will be available on site

Is does sound (especially with the disclaimer) that they will be picking up new vehicles and although not stated could mean that the Jayco trailer is already attached.  And the one or two scenes we have from the air of a SUV towing a trailer seem to be in the monument valley type scenery and not near Heber City.

The instructions are so specific on what to do what in the complete scenario we have, I would think that there would be a mention of some kind that they would pickup Jayco trailers before Green River Valley Park.

But if indeed the trailers are picked up after the Gemini Bridge events, and the Linz zibs catch up and pass the Weasels, does this mean that the Linz get to Green River Valley Park FIRST? And then leave first for Bart's place on the next morning?????

Another note:  CBS pretty much confirmed that Ep 9 will be NEL on their promo for TES at noon today with Hannah Storm and Julie Chen: lots of mentions of things going on tomorrow morning but not one word about the "latest family to be cast off from The Amazing Race."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 02:36:29 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2005, 02:56:37 PM »
But if indeed the trailers are picked up after the Gemini Bridge events, and the Linz zibs catch up and pass the Weasels, does this mean that the Linz get to Green River Valley Park FIRST? And then leave first for Bart's place on the next morning?????

Well we still have signs of trouble for the Linzs (first day). This pic of Megan means "houston we have a problem". Maybe they get a flat or something and watch the Weasels pass back by. OR ... maybe they hastily picked up their start time in the morning and didn't get the first out?
 :':')

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2005, 03:04:51 PM »
 )_^> }alc{ who wants hot chocolate ? how about with Baileys whipped cream?

anyway I was thinking that if the Promo for EP12   10   comes up early of starting a seperate thread just for the vidcaps cause the pages take to long to load then we can bring them over or whatever , thats how we use to do it anyway ..sounds good ?

Offline sarahbea

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2005, 03:06:54 PM »
I think the pic of Megan could be the fact that it is HOT out there. There are a lot of times where just a random face shot can look bad even though its not really. They are in the desert in July. Moab gets really hot and so does Salt Lake for that matter.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2005, 03:19:41 PM »
I think the pic of Megan could be the fact that it is HOT out there. There are a lot of times where just a random face shot can look bad even though its not really. They are in the desert in July. Moab gets really hot and so does Salt Lake for that matter.

O.K., so how about this one? Dagger eyes! Besides, it's a race ... if you are standing still it's not good. :]

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2005, 03:24:45 PM »
)_^> }alc{ who wants hot chocolate ? how about with Baileys whipped cream?

anyway I was thinking that if the Promo for EP12   10   comes up early of starting a seperate thread just for the vidcaps cause the pages take to long to load then we can bring them over or whatever , thats how we use to do it anyway ..sounds good ?

Whatever is easiest for you.

If we get the promo before the show tonight I'll be trying to figure out who came in first instead of who was eliminated (esp. since we won't have one tonight). In both Ep. 5 & 6 previews we see a team at the mat open their clue and say, "travel to _____".  In both cases they were the team that came in first place. We could only be so lucky to get a shot like that.  |#'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »
I finally figured out what is in the background.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2005, 03:41:30 PM »
with a shot of Bourbon it is  |#'

Tried the AOL ..no luck Sups  {l{

OK Utah peeps ..anyone get channel KUTV ? they requested some video for the Amazing Race, lets see if we can pick up some crumbs before the show airs .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2005, 03:48:21 PM »
I finally figured out what is in the background.

All along they looked like bucket seats to me but then again ... bucket seats in the middle of a desert??
I still don't think she is standing next their trailer because I've never seen the inside of a camper door look like that. It looks like some sort of clay red metal building.

Oooooo, what if they had mechanical problems (or flat tire) and they are getting repaired at some junky roadside shop? Could explain parts laying around in the background.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2005, 04:43:20 PM »
looking for junkyards somewhere ...more bourbon please  >^%

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: November 22, 2005, 06:40:52 PM »
Quote from: SLC Trib, thanks to Puddin
Heber City's Doug and Lynne Seus and their trained grizzly, Tank, star of such movies as "Dr. Dolittle 2."
I thought they may have switched bears, but I never bothered looking at the Seus roster, so maybe Tank it is.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2005, 06:48:55 PM »
Quote from: SLC Trib, thanks to Puddin
Heber City's Doug and Lynne Seus and their trained grizzly, Tank, star of such movies as "Dr. Dolittle 2."
I thought they may have switched bears, but I never bothered looking at the Seus roster, so maybe Tank it is.

I think you were right and the article is wrong because Little Bart weighs 1,100 lbs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2005, 07:17:31 PM »
see any old bear will do  {l{

No AOL yet ,,figures it will probably come up 10 minutes to 9 llike last time  )<

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2005, 09:20:11 PM »
What's up with AOL??? Have they ever been this late?  _-^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2005, 09:28:01 PM »
still not up  , maybe they are on to us or they let a CBS Webmonkey at the controls for the holiday ?

a present for the girls  *8/

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2005, 09:47:14 PM »
Does anyone have an idea why the Weavers made the turn in Utah they did?

Turning at Utah Hwy 92 and U.S. Highway 191 doesn't makre any sense.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #297 on: November 22, 2005, 09:51:04 PM »
Not a bad job of sleuthing  |#' We were just misled by some of the incorrect time estimates which gave us the wrong order of teams doing some of the events.

Must have been a shock for them to come off the lake and find the SUV's attached to trailers.  I wonder if they were given special instructions on how to manage them?

We did have it right in picking out that the Linz Black SUV passed the Godlies going in the other direction at the start of the leg.

The Weasels still have not learned how to read a map or what the different road marking mean; but they did have a nice scenic ride up the mountain. But why did they stop to load up on junk food when they knew they were running late to the Olympic park?

Finally the Linz get an extra goodie to enjoy after the race.  And Jackson Hole does make it onto TAR but as a Travelocity goodie.

We also were misled on identifying the bike riders; the shot that took up most of the preview was not of the Weasels but of the demo team; and the Weasels found that it was not an easy task and actually, although arriving second, fell back to third. So again the more physical task takes less time to complete.

The Weasels seemed to be ready to concede; ma Weasel was really ungracious when she was telling Phil that they did not find it pleasant to compete against the others. But ole Phil had to give them a pep talk to keep them in the game. But they really didn't do anything in anticipation of their coming in last; I wonder when Phil says he has to take all their money and belongings except the clothes on their backs and their passports does that mean he takes all their maps and travel guides (little good they do them)?

And frankly, I'm getting a little tired of their "holier than thou" attitude toward the other teams. No wonder they get Yielded twice.

Looks like we were right in spotting that the next leg starts with a hot air balloon race in Park City. So this means either they start off in the dead of night (early morning) and have a typical bunchup waiting for the balloon place to open at 6:00AM or they just start off at daybreak like they did in EP9.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #298 on: November 22, 2005, 10:05:30 PM »
 ((^ 

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #299 on: November 23, 2005, 12:10:24 AM »
I am not St. Dennis.

But I sure am holding my head!

So Sorry.  Could I have been any further off?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders