Author Topic: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22  (Read 64275 times)

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
Re: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2005, 10:24:48 AM »
dumb question, could the weavers be sitting there looking glum because they were yielded? they're watching the other team jump?
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
When you find just the place and view you want, you can save it as a "kmz"--placemark file. After that, all you have to do is click on the kmz and Google Earth will open and fly to your placemark. At the GE user forums, they've turned the placemarks into php scripts so that web surfers can click and fly--see the TAR 8 page for an example. I could probably paste in the lat and long of a find, but this would save time.

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2005, 10:45:13 AM »
dumb question, could the weavers be sitting there looking glum because they were yielded? they're watching the other team jump?

:nods:  Great Idea Cinni!!!

You are talking about the Linzes sitting on the bench at the ski resort? 

This is why I was pushing for those time differences.  If they were furthur apart, it would have helped to confirm this.   :':') 

If the Weasels did get to the Ski Jump first, I just cannot imagine that they would NOT Yield the Linzes.  Especially with all the  )< that has been promoted between the two families.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 10:58:14 AM by kraziladi »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2005, 11:48:11 AM »
That so funny Slowhatch because I did find that last night and was thinking of showing it too!

Now here is my challenge:  Find its shadow!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2005, 12:32:09 PM »
Forget my challenge.  I don't have an answer.  It's a wild goose chase because there is an image stitch about where the shadow should be.

Sorry   |(

But how cool is this?

Does anybody want to become a geologist?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 12:41:43 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2005, 12:58:06 PM »
Btw, what happened to Bell Rock at Sedona? I guess they just threw in some stock footage for local color, like the Natchez.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2005, 01:03:32 PM »
Now we need a picture of Chateau using her protractor  :)*  j/k  .

Gotcha Puddin!  I'm a dad.

Here is my protractor.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 01:07:49 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2005, 01:15:16 PM »
They drove past Bell Rock on the way to the Grand Canyon.  Looks like it got cut.

Does anybody know how to make Google Maps (or any other direction/route maker) start or end at a particular point on the map.  Say, it does not have an address.  But you know where it is.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2005, 01:30:31 PM »
There's a couple of ways. First method: create pushpins, then right-click the pushpins and create a route between them. Over in the left location box, you'll see each turn; on top is the link "printable view." Click on that and the same route will show up in Google Maps. Here's the one I made for the trip between Little Bart and the ski jump. Second method: use the converter.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2005, 02:29:46 PM »
When I click "printable view" it does not do anything.  No new Google Maps page or any change to an open one.   :unde:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
I tried it again as a test, using two pushpins without an address (one in the Green River park golf course, the other at the intersection of Little Sweden and route 40)--worked OK. Open GE and create and label the pushpins. No copying or pasting necessary. Right-click the destination (either the pushpin or the description in the left box)--"directions to"--and the origin--"directions from." Click go and the route should show up in italics in the left box; beneath the heading (make sure the square next to the route description is checked), "printable view."

This gimmick doesn't work off-road. I just did another test, creating a pushpin in the wilderness; when GE created the route, the starting point was moved to the nearest road.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 03:37:17 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »
I have motorclub on line , wonder if that will work ..I'll give it a shot in abit  ?
Chateau's a MAN  *8/ ??? I always assumed you were a female  ,so sorry ]**] . I know Gman's a male , and am going to guess that Slowhatch is a male ?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2005, 04:14:05 PM »
Don't worry Puddin, same thing happened with Mama Tiger at TWoP.

And thanks Slowhatch.  I got it now.  The problem was that I had scrunched down the default window so small that I couldn't see anything happening there.

Here is the route from the Lake Powell Dock to John Ford's Point.  It's 130 miles and estimated to take 4 hours and 8 min to drive.  I suspect they get there a lot faster than that!

Here is the route from John Ford's Point to the Gemini Bridges shuttle pick up point on highway 313.  It's 174 miles and expected to take 4 hours and 35 min.  Again, if you are a donkey.

This is the route from the Gemini Shuttle point to Green River State Park 51.3 mi (about 1 hour 14 mins)

And Slowhatch's route from Green River State Park to Bart's place 169 mi (about 4 hours 22 mins)

Also from Bart's to the ski jump 24.9 mi (about 34 mins)

And the final stretch (this was where my pc crashed yesterday) from the Ski Jump to the Salt Lake City Library 26.4 mi (about 32 mins)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 04:52:19 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2005, 05:00:20 PM »
Chateau's a MAN  bb ??? I always assumed you were a female  ,so sorry

{l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{ {l{
Sorry for the interruption, but that's the best post this season.   

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2005, 05:05:36 PM »
Hey Pedaler, you old crank!  {l{  What you laughing at?

crank... get it?...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »
 :)* Sorry I started that Chateau ...

nevermind  8-)'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2005, 09:01:02 PM »
Chateau , Pedaler replied @ sucks to your This girl is only 7 and a half water bottles tall.   ((^

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2005, 12:33:17 AM »
Puddin, quick, I need a picture of Sharon with a water bottle.

I have a plan.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2005, 08:37:11 AM »
Chateau , Pedaler replied @ sucks to your This girl is only 7 and a half water bottles tall. 

Oh, Puddin.  I was just having some fun  >*&   As you know, Chateau is the grand wizard of TAR detectives.

It's also kind of funny in another way.  When I started reading the internet boards back in season five, Chateau's TWOP screen name first led me to believe that he was a she.   |(   But his posts were clearly written from a male perspective.

Now for your screen name, Puddin.  I don't care if you are old or young, tall or short, blonde or brunette, slender or hefty, white or black, or anywhere in between.  But, if you're a guy, I'll **** in my shorts. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Now back to the topic.

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2005, 10:12:54 AM »
Chateau , Pedaler replied @ sucks to your This girl is only 7 and a half water bottles tall. 

Oh, Puddin.  I was just having some fun  >*&   As you know, Chateau is the grand wizard of TAR detectives.

It's also kind of funny in another way.  When I started reading the internet boards back in season five, Chateau's TWOP screen name first led me to believe that he was a she.   |(   But his posts were clearly written from a male perspective.

Now for your screen name, Puddin.  I don't care if you are old or young, tall or short, blonde or brunette, slender or hefty, white or black, or anywhere in between.  But, if you're a guy, I'll **** in my shorts. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Now back to the topic.

Just for Pedaler:    ((^

I THINK *(^  she/he might need it  ]][   (%#    and if I'm am wrong, then I suppose I'll keep it for myself!  }}

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2005, 10:16:04 AM »
Puddin, quick, I need a picture of Sharon with a water bottle.

I have a plan.

Don't know if this is a joke and I know I'm not Puddin but will these do?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 10:28:26 AM by supsandalee »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2005, 11:54:38 AM »
Y'all are having a good time.  Thanks for the complement Pedaler.  But you know how it goes:  something about strangling the giants while sitting on their shoulders.  Looks like you got my past about right.  Season five was my start (in the internet sense).  (I go back to pre-911 in the tv sense.  I even liked that show "Lost".)

Thanks Sups, I found something on Tarflies, snipped and pasted the bottles.  But it is not very conclusive because of the different sized bottles that are available.  Sometimes, those photos don't do justice to the G's, like the aspect ratio got whacked.  I just wanted the sucksters to see that it is Carrissa in the Stassi shot.  I'm like 90 % sure.  That nagging doubt stops me from going all out.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2005, 01:44:24 PM »
You are talking about the Linzes sitting on the bench at the ski resort? 

This is why I was pushing for those time differences.  If they were furthur apart, it would have helped to confirm this.   :':') 

If the Weasels did get to the Ski Jump first, I just cannot imagine that they would NOT Yield the Linzes.  Especially with all the  )< that has been promoted between the two families.

yeah, that's the picture. still can't get all the teams straight. for sure, the weavers will be involved with the yield one way or the other and if the spoiler itinery holds, it's at the jump. fits with another nel leg. bet the bransens get mugged as they seem to be running farther and farther behind?

lol about the tangent here. you just never know who's at that keyboard...psst, i heard that puddin was really a woman diguised as a man pretending to be a woman but was really just a fun dessert..pass it on
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2005, 02:31:15 PM »
Pedaler  {l{ !! LOL ,when I read that at sucks it just cracked me up  ..

I think we have the BEST circle of TAR detectives gathered here , hands down across the boards   ,no where on the internet do I see this much hard work trying to outspoil TPTB =]/ ..

oh and ..

5 foot tall hard headed little brat , Italian gal here that acts like a 12 yr old  :]
off topic .. Love " LOST " its my guilty pleasure and I refuse to spoil it  ,the kids & I love to be surprised so that we can jump out of my seats    *%#

on topic .. Yep looks like the Weavers or Godlewski's finish first this leg first , leaning towards the Weavers with the Bransens looking like they will be saved by the Philimnator once again ..thanks to Chateau's protractor  :)* , sorry theres something perverted about that and it makes me giggle .
Lots of forshadowing in last weeks episode about the Yield coming up  , I'm hoping its the DHW's that have the pleasure of yielding the Weasels but it will probably be the Weasel's yielding some other team .. )< .We really need CBS's press-release as well as the promo updated but I now think it won't be updated  untill Wendsday afternoon and we've been watching football & Golf all week-end .. nothing about TAR just the CMA'S .

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2005, 09:39:40 PM »
Anyone for Jello?