Author Topic: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22  (Read 64341 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2005, 01:02:11 AM »

Hysteria76 has added full details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 O.K. - Here's the complete itinerary. (This is exactly how the clues would read when they open them.)

Pit Start - Lake Powell
Drive yourselves to Monument Valley, Utah. Once there search John Ford's Point for your next clue.

Additional Info:

The Full name of "Monument Valley" is Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
IMPORTANT: Once you are on tribal lands you MUST respect all posted speed limits.
Driving regulations are strictly enforced and you may NOT pass other cars.
When you arrive at your destination, you must park your car in the marked parking area.

At John Ford's Point
Take a helicopter ride to the summit of Elephant Butte to retrieve your next clue.

Note: Only two members of your team may ride the Helicopter.
First come, First serve.

Additional info:
Take a number and choose two members of your team to ride in the helicopter.

Up to two teams may ride on the helicopter at the same time.

There will be a short safety briefing before the helicopter takes off.

Any team member riding in the helicopter must empty their pockets and leave their belongings witht he two team members not going up in the helicopter.

The first departure of the helicopter will be 20 minutes from the arrival of the first team.

When the helicopter returns from the first trip and every trip thereafter, there will be a 20-minute wait before it's next departure.

At Elephant Butte
Make your way towards Moab, Utah and find Gemini Bridges.

Additonal Info:
To access the top of Gemini Bridges you must use highway 313.

When you arrive at your destination, you must park your car in the marked parking lot.

Once you have parked, empty all your pockets, leave your bags in your car and leave your doors UNLOCKED and the keys in the driver's seat.

Take one of the provided shuttles to the top of Gemini Bridges (ETA: I know that these are Hummer's because my father-in-law was involved in the part of the race.)

At top of Gemini Bridges:

Detour:
Drop Down or Ride Down

Drop Down: Complete a two-stage rappel 270 feet down Bull Canyon.

Ride Down: Bike down a 6-Mile trail to Bull Canyon.

Additonal Info:

For people choosing drop down:
Follow the marked path to the Riggers.

Once you have chosen a Rigger they will give you a safety and technical briefing that will last approximately 15 minutes.

Your rigger will then lead you to the first available line.

Your rigger has the final word on any technical or safety issues that may arise.

One team per line. Only one team member will be allowed on a line at a time.

The 2-Minute rule applies to this event (ETA: I have no idea what this means!!!)

Once you reach the base of the rappel follow the marked path to your next clue.

For people choosing Ride Down:

Follow the marked path then choose your bikes. There will be a safety and technical briefing that will last approximately 5 minutes.

You MUST wear the provided bike helmets at all times.

To complete the task successfully both the rider and the bike must reach the end of the course.

Once you have reached Bull Canyon put your bikes in the provided bike racks and hand your bike helmets to on of the guides.

At the base of Bull Canyon find the clue box to receive your next clue.

BIKE DISCLAIMER:
The producers have made a good-faith effort to check that all bikes are in good working condition. These bikes are "First come, first choose" If a bike should present mechanical difficulties of any sort you may attempt to fix it, or may carry or walk the bike to the end of the course. Using alternative means of transportation is not an option. Should you find yourself in this situation, whether by your own fault or by bad luck, credit for lost time will not be given.

End of Detour - Bull Canyon:
Drive yourselves to Green River State Park where you'll be spending the night.

Hurry!! First team to arrive will receive the first out time for the morning.

Additional Info:
Take a ride in one of the provided Humvee's back to your vehicle.

VEHICLE DISCLAIMER:
The producers have made a good-faith effort to check that all cars are in good working condition. These cars are "First-come, first choose." If a car should present mechanical difficulties of any sort, producers reserve the right to make best efforts to get you a replacement car, or you may attempt to fix it in the meanwhile. Using alternative means of transportation is not an option. Should you find yourself in this situation, whether by your own fault or by bad luck, credit for lost time will not be given.

At Green River State Park:
Once you get to Green River State Park find group site 1 and park in the marked parking area.

Additional instructions on hooking up your trailers will be available on site.

At Green River State Park on Windshield
Drive to Heber City, Utah. Find Bart to receive your next clue.

Additional info:

Once in Heber City go to 970 Little Sweden Rd.

Little Sweden Road is also known as: "Little Sweeden Road".

You must park your vehicles in the marked area.

Once at Bart's follow the arrows.

IMPORTANT: You may not run or yell at anytime while on this property!!!!

At Bart the Bear
Make your way to Utah Olympic Park and find your next clue.

Caution!! Yield Ahead!!

Additonal Info:

Park your vehicles in the marked parking lot.

After you have parked follow the arrows to your next clue.

Roadblock - At Ski Jump

Outside Clue:
Who's ready to jump into the unknown?

Important! Only ONE of you may perform this task. Choose a person before opening the clue.

Inside Clue:
Ski down a 60-foot ramp and perform a freestyle ski jump into a pool.

Additional info:

Follow the marked path down to the jump area and find your gear and your coach.

Your coach will lead you through approximately a 40-minute safety, technical and training session before you can perform the jump.

Your coach has the final say on any safety issues that may arise.

You will receive your clue after you have successfully completed the jump. You must return to your team before opening and reading your clue.

After Roadblock:
Drive yourselves to the next pit stop:
The rooftop of the City Library in Salt Lake City.

Warning: The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Additional info:
Park your vehicles in the marked parking spaces along TBD Street.

That's it!! Enjoy

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2005, 01:25:09 AM »
So Sweet!

Many mysteries solved!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2005, 01:40:56 AM »
It looks like a match for the Weasels.

This picture was taken between 10:05 and 10:45 am.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:02:41 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2005, 02:07:33 AM »
It's about 27 miles from  Bart's to the Ski Jump.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2005, 02:12:21 AM »
IMPORTANT: You may not run or yell at anytime while on this property!!!!
Should we DQ them now or just wait for the episode to air? {l{

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2005, 02:23:19 AM »
I suspect this rules get ignored a lot by this team especially.

:sad:

It looks like they will get to the jump before the Linzen because of the 40 min training lecture.  Linz arrive at jump at about 11:35 am.  Weasels will arrive between 10:40 and 11:20 am. 

I'm sorry to say and sad to report that the Bransens will be the sandwatchers.  Just a guess.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2005, 02:30:25 AM »
A couple of more pictures before it's z-time: I squinted and found the clue box on Elephant butte; also, you can clearly see four people (not a single team) leaving the helicopter. (If this is a phony spoiler, I'll give him credit--he put a lot of effort into it) :)ZZZ:)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2005, 02:36:49 AM »
At Green River State Park:
Once you get to Green River State Park find group site 1 and park in the marked parking area.

Additional instructions on hooking up your trailers will be available on site.

So all the promo shots of trailers are the second day on the way to Heber City and Park City (and Salt Lake City).

They do name places without "city" in Utah.

Offline sarahbea

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2005, 09:05:12 AM »
Nope, there is also West Valley City, Brigham City, Cedar City. What does "TBD" Street? I am guessing that means to be determined. There are four streets but only three of them makes sense. 400 South, 300 East and 500 South. There is also an underground parking garage at the library but I guess they don't want that. None of the streets in Salt Lake City have names they are all numbers.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2005, 09:40:08 AM »
29 miles from the Ski Jump to the Library

How long would this take sarahbea?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2005, 09:52:36 AM »
If the bike ride and the rappel are close to each other (it seemed that way in the promo "zoom in" edit) then they probably adapted some part of the Gemini Bridges trail, which is over 13 miles in its full length.

Offline sarahbea

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2005, 10:31:26 AM »
Ski jump to Library is all highway except for downtown traffic which compared to most cities is not bad. I would say 30-40 minutes tops.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
It looks like the Weasels don't start running until they hit Sweden Street - and this being "off" property, I guess they can run all they want.

The four people on top of the Butte make sense: two team members, cameraperson and sound person. That is why the team can only send two people: the helio only has room for four people besides flight crew.

Are we sure that the Weasels are ahead of the Linz?  That would mean that they finished the bike ride in front of the Linz team who are rappeling down the Gemini Bridges. And got to night camp site before the others.  

There is a shot in the preview of one while trailer going in one direction and one black trailer going in the other. And since they did not get their trailers until the night over, is this perhaps one team going toward Heber City and the other team leaving? What kind of landscape is around Heber City?

There is another shot of the Linz trailerin the right lane passing another trailer which is in the left lane, so this must be a four-lane  interstate; perhaps a race from Ski Jump to Salt Lake City on  Interstate 80.

And Ma Weasel must have fun maneuvering with a fairly large trailer  through the streets of SLC!! (No mention that they leave the trailers at the Ski Jump, but perhaps they do). Driving with a large trailer is no mean feat especially if you have never done it before, and through crowded city streets to boot!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 10:45:56 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2005, 10:43:44 AM »
Here  is a little bit of additional doom scenario.  The promo shot of an unhappy Megan happens right next to a trailer. 

I bet she is processing the fact that they will be departing in the morning at a time later than the Weasels.  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

And the Weasels look pretty  jazzed as they leave Bart's place.  Like they just read that there is a yield ahead and they know that they are in the lead.

Offline sarahbea

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2005, 10:46:53 AM »
That sounds right about I-80. It has a very steep summit just outside Park City. They would have to be careful heading into Salt Lake from Park City especially with a trailer. Heber City is off of 40. You can head to it from I-80 heading east and past Park City or take Provo Canyon south of Salt Lake and head east to Heber and then head north to Park City.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2005, 10:47:45 AM »
Wish we knew where the Godlewskis fit in here. They'll be the first to leave the pitstop although not by much.
In what order teams arrive at John Ford's Point will determine much of the outcome since it is first come, first serve and will space the teams apart.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 10:54:22 AM by supsandalee »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2005, 10:55:38 AM »
According to the 'ditional information the choppers have to wait 20 min and if another team arrives then two from that team will be allowed on the chopper.  So it should be Linzen plus G's.  And then Weasels.  And then Bransen.

Do we know which detour choice the Linz team makes?

From the notes I would take the bikes due to the longer safety lecture for the rappel.  Six miles, largely downhill, should only take 24 min.  While the rappel is first part: 5+5+5+5 then 2nd part 4+4+4+4.  So that's 51 min for rappel and 29 min for bikes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2005, 11:01:39 AM »
Wow you guys  |#'

here you go

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2005, 11:02:28 AM »
According to the 'ditional information the choppers have to wait 20 min and if another team arrives then two from that team will be allowed on the chopper.  So it should be Linzen plus G's.  And then Weasels.  And then Bransen.

From the notes I would take the bikes due to the longer safety lecture for the rappel.  Six miles, largely downhill, should only take 24 min.  While the rappel is first part: 5+5+5+5 then 2nd part 4+4+4+4.  So that's 51 min for rappel and 29 min for bikes.

Are there 2 choppers? I guess I assumed there was only one.

The Linzs do the rappel. The Weavers are the only ones doing the bikes.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2005, 11:56:43 AM »
I guess that's the problem.

Any team member riding in the helicopter must empty their pockets and leave their belongings witht he two team members not going up in the helicopter.

The first departure of the helicopter will be 20 minutes from the arrival of the first team

Just one chopper but it can take four racers.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2005, 12:02:41 PM »
I guess that's the problem.

The first departure of the helicopter will be 20 minutes from the arrival of the first team

Just one chopper but it can take four racers.

Thanks, for some reason I didn't get it. Now I do!  8-)'

Leaving the pitstop, how far behind are the Weavers from the Godlewski's and Linz's? We see how fast a lead can change with the directionally challenged.  |(

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2005, 12:07:04 PM »

Two people might be able to repel at a time becuase you can see only Trisha and Sharon when Christine is going witch makes me think Michelle is already down (or on her way). So if its two at a time per team its 10 + 8 thats 18 minutes (if they got 5 minutes and then 4 minutes)   

But who knows

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2005, 12:30:49 PM »
Once you have chosen a Rigger they will give you a safety and technical briefing that will last approximately 15 minutes.

Your rigger will then lead you to the first available line.

Your rigger has the final word on any technical or safety issues that may arise.

One team per line. Only one team member will be allowed on a line at a time.

The 2-Minute rule applies to this event (ETA: I have no idea what this means!!!)

Once you reach the base of the rappel follow the marked path to your next clue.

Only one at a time.  I guess racers may be able to advance to the 2nd line without having to wait for the whole team to complete the 1st line.  If that's the case then my estimate for the Rappel is 15+ 5+5+5+5+4 = 39.  Stiill not the best way.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2005, 02:24:34 PM »
Still more cameramen (that we know of): in addition to the guy in the helo taking head shots and the helo circling overhead shooting panoramas (the second team helo? or just a helo with a robot camera?), there were people waiting on the butte when the teams arrived. Compare the point-of-view shot with the two blobs on the right edge of the butte.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2005, 02:30:43 PM »
Chateau on the ball ,pass the popcorn

Hysteria76
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Another dab of info to give.

Apparently when the Linz's passed the Weaver's while in the hummer (the Weaver's were riding the bikes in the Gemini Bridges task) they were totally dropping the f-bomb on all of them.

So, there's obviously no lost love there between these two teams!!! HEHEHEHE

Chateau d If
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 So, Hysteria, thanks for such a boon of info.

Can you spell out this last bit? Who f-bombed who (I think the Linzes did it but it would be so perfect the other way). Were the Linzes going to or from the Gemini detour site. Were the Weavers on bikes when the Hummer passed?

Hysteria76
 All I know is that the Linzs' were F-Bombing the Weavers. And, I don't know who was ahead at the time. Maybe we can speculate that the Weaver's do something to REALLY upset the Linzs'.

Needless to say, I'm not getting too much info from my father-in-law...he doesn't want to get in trouble. Maybe he'll tell me all about it after the episode airs.

He also mentioned that when the Linzs' opened the next clue they asked him where Green River was but he wasn't allowed to tell them where it was. This just more and more confirmed to me that this itinerary is legit.

I should also mention that he never specifically stated that he was with the Linzs', he just said that there were 3 boys and 1 girl on the team which led to my deduction. And, by the previews the only team to ride bikes are the Weavers.