Author Topic: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22  (Read 63644 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP8: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 11:40:06 AM »
To me it looks like two teams doing the mountain bike: The Weavers and Linzes as you hear a male voice say "come on Megan you can do it." And we have for sure two teams doing the traditional (can't have a TAR without one) rapelling the canyon wall by the Natural Bridge.

Where do they get the helicopters to ride out to the wasteland? 

Looks like no more camping out, they now have the JAYCO trailer to keep them warm.

Are we positive about the ident of the grizzly bear?

If the bear is in Heber City ("Little Bart") could he be giving them a clue to drive north to Jackson Hole, WY? We have had a sighting of Phil at the mat  there, and we are running out of time before getting to Montana, Toronto, Montreal, and Niagara Falls.

And the title, of course, is spoken by Megen Linz as her brother takes a bellyflop off the ski jump into the pool.

Where is the hot air balloon?  If indeed this fits the story line, it probably would be early in the morning (6A) as this is the time of day most hotair balloons fly (stiller air).

« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 11:45:24 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 11:51:20 AM »
Where is the hot air balloon?  If indeed this fits the story line, it probably would be early in the morning (6A) as this is the time of day most hotair balloons fly (stiller air).

The balloons may be like the Riverboat Natchez - seen but not part of the race. They did show the balloons as they were going down the interstate in last nights episode. That may be all we get. Now it's the helicopters that give meaning to "the teams are taken to new heights".

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 12:59:37 PM »
Gman we see Megan rapelling with one of the brothers watching , I know you have problems viewing the Vidcaps ..and I'm sorry about that .
Still waiting for CBS to update the promo , funny the insider clips are updated ..I'll watch them later cause I'm watching The Finish line now , no juicy tidbits just yet but from what I heard so far it sounds  like the Paolo's have not had a chance to talk to the Weavers yet ,they do not keep in touch  ;) , but as we know the 4th place team usually gets sent an area near the last pitstop not sequester sooooo...
On the Finish line the Paolo's look great and their spirits are up . Papa is proud to be a garbage man and says it bought their house , hes not upset at the Weavers ..mama defends the Weavers and says the Weavers are just kids and she really feels bad for them ..but DJ does not feel sympathy for them . Brian says that some of the Weavers breakdowns were an act, from what he heard from other teams .

eta: Mama says that the Godlewskis called them last night and told them that they " heard" about the underwear over the pants  and couldn't wait to watch the episode.

DJ said driving the racecar was the hardest thing that they did in the race ..they said that Walder Bransen had pulled a muscle in his rib .
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 01:53:25 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 01:07:08 PM »
I wanted to add that Vidcaps of the confessionals are #12 & #31 by the Bransens & Linz are the same background and clothes from the beginning of the second leg team confessionals .
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 01:10:17 PM by puddin »

Offline sarahbea

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 01:43:37 PM »
So I did some looking around. Bart the bear died in 2000. I am not sure who "little" bart is. The trainer of Bart lives in Park City and works with Vital Ground institute for the protection of bears. That institute is in Montana. Not sure what help that is.

By the way, I read postings often but rarely post cause I never seem to know anything. Thanks for the welcome and maybe I can help more with this episode.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 03:09:12 PM »
This is curious and may or may not mean something.

In shot 33 we see a while suv pulling a trailer on a two lane desert road going to the left; below it in the other lane going to the right is a black suv pulling a trailer.  Are these two teams one going to a destination and the other returning from the destination?

And shot 39 goes with this scene and not shots 34 - 38. In 39 we can see the two lane road divided with a solid white line and a broken dashed white line which indicates that passing is permitted from the lower lane but not the upper lane. A black suv is pulling a trailer on the upper lane, therefore it is not passing the white suv we see in shots 34 - 38

In shots 34 - 38 the suv driven by the Linz is passing a while trailer and suv (passing in the wrong lane by the way) so it probably is a four land highway here.  Unless the driver of the white suv has lost his or her marbles it wouldn't be running so long in the left lane and in danger of being hit head on by someone coming the other way.

And I wonder how many of our well-trained drivers have ever pulled a trailer the size of the TAYCO job they are seen with? I wonder how mama weaver is making out????

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 03:20:26 PM »
Nice find Krazi.

Here is a map to the Gemini Bridges (biking trails in the same area)

Here is a link to Google Maps

And below is a Google Earth generated image.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 03:31:23 PM »
Just a couple notes about the vid caps.

In #4-6 Mom Weaver is holding a Detour clue
In #17-18 Megan Linz doesn't look too happy and what on earth is in the background to her right (2 large grey objects)?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 03:50:18 PM »
It's about a seven hour drive (270 miles) from Page to Moab.  The house boats could move through the night to Bullfrog Bay (est about 80 miles) which would be closer to Moab.  This could also involve catching a ferry to cross the lake at Hall's Crossing for a shortcut.

And it's about a six hour drive (237 miles) from Moab to Park City.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 04:13:32 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 06:49:26 PM »
Welcome sarahbea   {| ! You can really help us out with this one ..I look at the vidcaps and  the landscape is all the same to me  {l{.

Ottopart !! LOL, those CBS Webmonkeys are giving it away  ^/^ ! The Branens probably are next , we have the betting spoiler and the 4 hot blonde & family spotted  ..sounds like the Bransens are out ..thats why we thought they were history last night with either the Paolo's or Wevers as the " family" and all that resentment towards the Weavers is a good sign that they got alot farther than the other teams thought they deserved to  ..

{l{ {l{ {l{  ... they must have caught the mistake because the Bransens aren't X'ed out anymore. That's o.k. cause we saw it. Thanks again Ottopart!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 07:27:24 PM »
proof is in the puddin  ]][ ,now how do we get the monkeys to update the web promo? )<

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »
Puddin,  Thanks so much for the vidcaps but I am so disappointed in this season.  You're telling me that the race is going to Moab and the racers are NOT GOING TO PEDAL THE SLICKROCK TRAIL!!! 

The Slickrock Trail is arguably the most famous mountain bike trail in the world.  The racers going to Moab and not pedaling the Slickrock is kind of like a Roller Coaster fanatic going to SoCal and only riding Space Mountain at Disneyland.

This is just a watered down version of the Amazing Race.

Rant Over. I only hope that they are pedaling elsewhere in Utah.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 10:28:02 PM »
I guess one more intern at CBS is looking for a job today.  Correct me if I am wrong, Puddin, but I seem to remember that this happened once before when someone posted the wrong preview on the website whcih spilled the beans one show too early. Or was that on Survivor? I'm sure Puddin remembers. But those cats at CBS public affairs ain't with it a lot of the time.

But if this is true, I think they are even two weeks in advance, because I'm pretty surre that Ep9 is going to be NEL, and the next castoffs will come in the first hour of the finale two hour show covering Eps 10 and 11.

We have had a pretty reliable spoiler report from Montreal which says that four teams arrived from Toronto on a Air Canada flight 418 at 5:10PM on July 30. One team was four girls and one team was a "family" of four (which might be the Weavers)

Then three teams were spotted at Niagara Falls on July 31; the third place team was way behind and consisted of a team with two daughters (Weavers?)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 10:40:04 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »
Gman in the first Survivor someone hacked into the CBS site or Mark Burnett was playing mind games and Gervase was grayed out ,I can't see the current webmonkeys caring about the Amazing Race so there maybe something to screw up ? I have to dig into the family spoilers again ..for now
  :yaya:

The kid-friendly contest, which includes fewer non-elimination episodes

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6350.0.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 11:04:21 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2005, 11:55:19 PM »
Gman
sounds like the Weavers

romahnator 
 07-31-05, 08:55 AM (EST)

The Toronto sighting was very much fun. We had tickets to cruise on the Kajama for 11:30. People are supposed to be checked in a half hour before sailing time. As we were walking along Lakeshore/ Queen's Quay at the intersection of Rees road a SUV stopped for the red light and a woman asked "where are the tall ships?" She had an Amazing Race clue folder in her hand. We told her it was up one block and to the right. We wished her good luck.
We ran to try and catch up to them. They were coming back around the power generating station at Harbourfront. My fiancee exclaimed "My god, they are racing with kids." They dropped part of their route info and another person picked it up and asked if they needed it. They said they didn't and had a new clue. I again yelled out good luck and the woman said "Look, it's our friend from before."

more here

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6511.msg95729.html#msg95729

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 12:20:05 AM »
They dropped part of their route info and another person picked it up and asked if they needed it. They said they didn't and had a new clue.

Littering.   :(*8  This is definitely the Weavers.   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2005, 12:26:15 AM »
 LOL Chateau  , = Weavers throwing apple cores :gotcha: !! This is the spoiler we were looking for all along , it was buried at Blows !!
Check the schedule out ..we now have a episode for  Dec 6th according to the futon critic ..Gman is right :gman: it just maybe in for another NEL before they get down to 3 , it makes sense !!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2005, 12:30:19 AM »
Thank God.  I really hated that all-in-November schedule.  No way to make it work.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2005, 01:09:41 AM »
This promo shot looks familiar to me.

Summer of '97, just finished a week on a houseboat on Lake Powell.  We dock at Bullfrog and begin the scenic journey to Grama's house in Phoenix.  We take the ferry to the south shore of the lake and go on this crazy gravel/dirt road which, from the map I had seemed the most direct.   :)*

See that little knot over by Goosenecks State Park?  Well zoom in on that sucker and switch to satellite.  That is a cliff.  And the knot in the road is a vertical ladder of switchbacks that will make TAR7 teams cringe. 

But the view of Monument Valley was worth it.   :nods:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 01:17:58 AM »
Oh boy Chateau , your so lucky to travel so much , when are you guys taking me somewhere ??  {|

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2005, 01:35:39 AM »
I haven't been able to travel much lately.  Just saving up for some kind of Europe-on-the-cheap extended vacations with each kid when they finish HS.

You like trains?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2005, 01:53:16 AM »
I like anything  {|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2005, 02:03:37 AM »
anyone see this posted at Sucks!! posted by Hysteria76 |#'
You guys Rock.. look at the places you already spoiled  ! Right down to BART the Bear ! |#'
OMG we have nothing left to spoil except who comes in first to last , last being if its a NEL, if its a Elim we think the Bransens are goners  and who Yields Who ?? Would the Weavers yield the Linze's  ..or Bransens?
Can you tell i'm excited ?

***Complete spoiler for leg 9 of AR-8***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I have a complete itinerary for leg 9 of the AR-8 which will be aired on T.V. the upcoming week.

I've been wanting to post this for awhile, but I decided to wait till the week before this episode aired.

Here's how I got this information:

My mother-in-law works at a local diner in Moab, UT. In came Phil and the AR crew to eat lunch while they were shooting this leg. She's a big fan of the show, so she introduced herself to Phil. He wanted to keep things quiet, but he wrote her an autographed picture of himself. What's funny is he call's himself the "Philminator". Anyway, as the crew was leaving one of the crew members accidently left the entire itinerary on the table. I think you'll find that this will completely coincide with the show. So those who'd like to know what's coming up this week, please read ahead.

The pitstop of course starts at Lake Powell, and the race date is July 24, 2005.

Pit Start - Lake Powell
Drive yourselves to Monument Valley, Utah. Once there search John Ford's Point for your next clue.

At John Ford's Point
Take a helicopter ride to the summit of Elephant Butte to retrieve your next clue.

Note: Only two members of your team may ride the helicopter.

First come, First serve.

At Elephant Butte
Make your way towards Moab, Utah and find Gemini Bridges

At top of Gemini Bridges:
Detour:
Drop Down or Ride Down

Drop Down: Complete a two-stage rappel 270 feet down Bull Canyon.

Ride Down: Bike down a 6-mile trail to Bull Canyon.

End of Detour - Bull Canyon
Drive yourselves to Green River State Park where you'll be spending the night.

Hurry! First team to arrive will receive the first out time for the morning.

At Green River State Park on Windshield
Drive to Heber City, Utah. Find Bart to receive your next clue.

At Bart the Bear
Make your way to Utah Olympic Park and find your next clue.

CAUTION: YIELD AHEAD!!!!!!

Roadblock - at Ski Jump
Outside Clue:
Who's ready to jump into the unknown?

Important! Only one of you may perform this task. Choose a person before opening the clue.

Inside clue:
Ski down a 60-foot ramp and perform a freestyle ski jump into a pool.

After Roadblock

Drive yourselves to the Next Pit stop:
The Rooftop of the City Library in Salt Lake City.

Warning: The last team to check in may be eliminated.

There's a lot more information posted in the itinerary such as vehicle and bike disclaimers, and directions on how to get to different places. I hope you enjoy this information, and enjoy watching on Tuesday!!!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 02:20:30 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2005, 02:25:51 AM »
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 02:32:16 AM by puddin »

Offline sarahbea

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2005, 08:35:38 AM »
The city Library! I work less than a block from there and drive by it everyday! I can't believe it. The roof is great I have gone up there to eat lunch before. They can either run up the stairs from the outside or go through the maze of elevators to get to the roof. I personally had to hard time trying to get down through the building. The stairs are easier. I can't believe Phil was that close!