Author Topic: CBS Orders Two More Seasons of Survivor  (Read 3015 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
CBS Orders Two More Seasons of Survivor
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:56:53 AM »
CBS Orders Two More Seasons of Survivor  11/8/05

CBS ORDERS TWO ADDITIONAL EDITIONS OF "SURVIVOR" FOR THE 2006-2007 SEASON

"Survivor" Is Sixth Show in Television History to Rank in the Top 10 of Every Season Broadcast

Series Continues to Dominate Time Period, Winning Every Week of the Season in Viewers and Key Demographics

The CBS Television Network has ordered two additional editions of Survivor to be broadcast during the 2006/07 season. These will mark the 13th and 14th editions of the hit reality series.

"Survivor is that rare television breed -- a show with seemingly endless audience appeal," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. "Part of that is testament to a concept with inherent drama that features different faces and places; the other part is the ability of Mark Burnett and his talented team to inject new ideas and new wrinkles to keep the format fresh."

Tassler continued: "It started as a cultural phenomenon and has evolved into a consistent Top 10 show that leads off the most successful night of television on any network. We look forward to taking audiences to more exotic locations next season and introducing them to the next wave of ordinary citizens marooned as 'Survivor' castaways."

"It is an honor that our show's continued ratings success has become part of television history," said executive producer Mark Burnett. "'Survivor' has been, and continues to be, a wonderful experience for me and for my production crew, and that has remained unchanged since our beginnings. I look forward to continuing as part of the CBS family, and in keeping our loyal Thursday night audience entertained and enthralled for many more years to come."

With last spring's 10th edition finishing fifth in viewers, the Survivor franchise became only the sixth show in the history of television to rank in the Top 10 in every season it's been broadcast (10 editions over the course of five seasons).

SURVIVOR is on the verge of extending that streak as the current 11th edition, SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE, remains a Top 10 program in viewers (No. 7), adults 18-49 (No. 7) and adults 25-54 (No. 7).

SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA has won its time period every week this season in viewers (17.64m), adults 18-49 (6.2/17), adults 25-54 (7.6/19) and adults 18-34 (4.3/13).

SURVIVOR, at the forefront of the reality show trend, debuted in May 2000 and dominated the ratings through the summer, culminating with 52 million viewers attending the final tribal council in August 2000. In January 2001, the second edition of Survivor, set in the Australian Outback, premiered behind the Super Bowl and went on to become the Number One program of the 2000-2001 season.

SURVIVOR's relocation to Thursday in February 2001 proved to be the beginning of the end of NBC's 18-year domination of the night. Together with CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, CBS won Thursday in viewers in the 2002-2003 season and, with the addition of WITHOUT A TRACE, also won the night in all key demographics for the first time in 20 years in the 2004-2005 season.

SURVIVOR is produced by S.E.G. Inc. Mark Burnett and Tom Shelly are executive producers.

Source: CBS Press Release

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
Re: CBS Orders Two More Seasons of Survivor
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 06:56:31 PM »
 |#'
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!