Author Topic: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors  (Read 172010 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2006, 09:18:16 PM »
Just for laughs, I wonder how closely the 500ft rapel task will mirror this scene from the "Southern Extreme" (Extremo Sul) movie.   :angel:

http://www.mschmiedt.com.br/extremosul/english/scenes/windows-low/../../../portugues/cenas/windows-low/barretta_small_download.wmv

I seem to recall that the TAR producers use the same stunt/zipline rigging company on previous TARs.  Wonder if they hired these guys to help.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »
That was fun to watch Boingo .......I predict Lisa & Joni to SCREAM their heads off  :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2006, 02:32:45 AM »
I seem to recall that the TAR producers use the same stunt/zipline rigging company on previous TARs.  Wonder if they hired these guys to help.

They used Branam for TAR5, TAR6, and TAR7.  I'm not sure about 8.

They even have a TAR5 shot on their website.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2006, 10:31:08 AM »
from AOL

The Amazing Race 9 (9PM, CBS) SEASON PREMIERE

Why you'll be hooked: Though last season's 'Family Edition' fell a bit flat, season nine brings back everything we love about the 'Race' – breathtaking locations, culturally-relevant challenges and inter- and intra-team squabbling. Teams to watch: Mother-daughter team Wanda and Desiree (Wanda speaks fluent Spanish, which may give her an edge); and hippie friends BJ and Tyler (neither bathes regularly, which should make 12-hour bus rides very interesting.)

http://television.aol.com/editors_picks/tuesday_tv

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2006, 11:08:17 AM »

Teams start from the Red Rocks Amphitheater near Denver, Colo., and race off to their first destination: Sao Paolo, Brazil. The tension kicks in from the get-go, as they all race to catch the earliest flight. As viewers, our blood pressure rises and falls with each mini-drama. For instance, when one team walks by the clue box on a bridge, missing it approximately 19 times, we scream at them through our TV sets: "It's right there!!! You're walking past it! AGAIN!!

Loudmouth Lake, who is from Mississippi, and retiree Fran, of Colorado, make their way down the side of a mountain in the upcoming ninth season of The Amazing Race.

from this article~

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/entertainment/13972765.htm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2006, 11:46:35 AM »
From TV Guide  :lol:  Look @ where Eric & Jeremy are ! no where could Joseph be ??

Joseph on THE AMAZING RACE 9

Eric and Jeremy

Lake and Barry

we know this is Fran , not Barry ~
Loudmouth Lake, who is from Mississippi, and retiree Fran, of Colorado, make their way down the side of a mountain in the upcoming ninth season of The Amazing Race.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2006, 12:04:58 PM »
First thing that comes to mind about Joseph's location is Sicily, possibly near the ruins at Segesta. See view from Greek Theatre @ Segesta below. Very similar.

Looks like the Beach Bums make it at least to Moscow.  What's up with all the rapelling at the waterfalls?  Could the spoiler be wrong, and instead of a 500ft building, they rapel down a 500ft mountain/cliff.    (:;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:58:09 PM by Boingo »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2006, 12:08:13 PM »
can any1 see the clock in the pic of eric and jeremy looks like 4ish but cant tell

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2006, 12:13:58 PM »
Mickey's hands are on .......    :js:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2006, 12:24:03 PM »
Just noticed, Team Beach Bums are counting cash, while holding a clue envelope. Looks like they are leaving Moscow and starting the NEXT leg.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2006, 01:10:58 PM »
Boingo I think the TV guide thingy is a blurb , see the red helmets ? Fran & Lake are probably @ Brotas where we see one of the Dees .
Besides the writer mixed Barry & Fran up afterall  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2006, 02:35:24 PM »
Rob did you forget to pay the electrical bill ? :)
More to add to my Wanda & Desiree conspiracy theory . Again the media ignores the fact that M&D are in the race ,this one from TV Guide . :angel:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2006, 04:13:42 PM »
Yep, clear as mud, "Team Goth" (Wanda & Desiree) are toast!  The nail in the coffin may be that for a team that speaks fluent Spanish, they may be surprised that the predominant language in Brazil is Portuguese.     ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2006, 04:18:11 PM »
I'm really leaning towards W&D ,Boingo ..because the sisters just seem to obvious the boot , maybe with some luck AOL will help us out tomorrow before the show airs ..or maybe some kind person will release the transcript/ details for EP 1 ? oh Harryyyyyyyyy  :angel:

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2006, 07:36:05 PM »
From TV Guide  :lol:  Look @ where Eric & Jeremy are ! no where could Joseph be ??

Joseph on THE AMAZING RACE 9

Eric and Jeremy

Lake and Barry

we know this is Fran , not Barry ~

My Guess for Joe is Sicily or Greece in that picture. I am in love with the MOJO nickname, this season has cool nicknames, Double D, MOJO it could only get better.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2006, 08:01:29 PM »
What's the clock at--4:25? This site puts sunset for Moscow (Nov 2005) at a quarter past 4 (roughly). That makes sense considering the extra lighting you can see in the photo. The race has started legs in mid-afternoon before, but it's a little unusual.

Assuming that's the Savior Tower with the clock, then I'll make a guess about the pitstop location (just south of Red Square).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:52:46 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2006, 09:04:08 PM »
4:25 PM ???  Since they are starting a new leg, that would mean that they finished the Moscow leg 12 hours earlier, at 4:25 AM !!!  Or does the 18-24 hour pitstop rule come into effect here.  They could be leaving at 4:25 AM, depending on where Moscow is located in it's time zone.  Or the clock could be broken.   ;D

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2006, 09:07:14 PM »
4:25 PM ???  Since they are starting a new leg, that would mean that they finished the Moscow leg 12 hours earlier, at 4:25 AM !!!  Or does the 18-24 hour pitstop rule come into effect here.  They could be leaving at 4:25 AM, depending on where Moscow is located in it's time zone.  Or the clock could be broken.   ;D

In the preview St. Bailsals was shown in the dark so the leg was prolly late at night, and the last Russian leg went to real late at night also pretty sure teams i think from places 5-8 all checked in after midnight in St. Petersburg. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2006, 07:01:21 AM »

Lake Garner navigated his way on a zip line during "The Amazing Race." The show kicks off with a two-hour special tonight at 9 on CBS.

:umn:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2006, 07:43:11 AM »
Agree with Boingo on Segesta Amphitheatre, Sicily. Found that the fence and the stones kind of match, so Mo-Jo makes it to Italy! But why is Joseph alone?

There's a nicer, bigger picture on another site at http://smrl.stanford.edu/erice2003/photos/IMG7.JPG, but it takes up too much space on this page. Any idea how to resize images on this board?

Did a search on Google Earth, the terrain seems correct, with the mountain in the centre (obscured by clouds in the photo), a side on the right stretching towards the amphitheatre, and a further mountain on the left.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:52:34 AM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »
Neobies picture

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2006, 11:01:03 AM »
Spoilerish article ~

COMMENTARY
Colorful personalities hit road for the 'Amazing Race'

2/28/2006 

By ALAN PERGAMENT

It's no secret that the Family Edition of "The Amazing Race" (9 tonight, WIVB-TV) was treated by critics and fans of the series like the relative nobody wants to sit next to at Thanksgiving dinner.
Its overall dullness was balanced in Western New York by a rooting interest for a Buffalo resident, Nick Linz, who was part of the winning family from Cincinnati.

Fortunately, the ninth installment of this Emmy-award winning, globetrotting series is back on course with a two-hour opener that is a triumph of casting. And make no mistake, casting is even more important now because watching teams get flustered when travel plans go awry and cab drivers get lost got a little old by about the fourth race.

This edition includes several inept and foolishly confident teams of two people that provides humor, color, romance (one couple does a lot of kissing) and suspense on the first leg of the trip from Denver to Sao Paulo, Brazil. There also is one fun-loving group of best friends from San Francisco who dress like hippies, online tutor BJ Averell and filmmaker Tyler MacNiven.

The frequent brave, but misguided attempts by teams trying to successfully pull off tasks that will make the trip shorter are among tonight's comic highlights. Of special note is the decision of the recent, attractive college graduates nicknamed the Double D's - Dani Torchio and Danielle Turner - to play motorcycle mechanics.

But Barry and Fran Lazuras, who have been married 40 years, also prove age doesn't necessarily lead to wisdom and can be a liability when eyesight is important. They don't have a clue when it comes to finding a clue box. A few teams in the competition pull a Lazuras and return from what appears to be almost certain death.

The preview tape supplied by CBS surprisingly included the final moment when the first team is eliminated, with the show's publicist asking critics to keep it a secret. No problem. I'll just say I was sorry to see a team as comically inept as this one get the boot so early.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060228/1045537.asp

( Does this mean there so stupid that they are funny ? or not funny ?)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:08:29 AM by puddin »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2006, 12:31:07 PM »
Just one last route spec before it all kicks off... I think I've accounted for most of the spoiling of the last few days, like moving Oman back further on the route, etc. Feel free to tweak.

EPISODE 1 (HOUR 1) – 2/28/06
START: Denver (November 7, 2005)
Red Rocks Amphitheatre, I-70, various reddish rock formations surrounding teams in cars, sighting in airport
FINISH: Sau Paulo, Brazil (overnight Pacaembu County Stadium) (November 8, 2005 PM)
Hotel Unique, Via de Ifgenia bridge, Motorhead/Rotorhead detour, shopping, building scaling (could be in next leg), stadium
TEAMS LEFT AFTER EPISODE: 11

EPISODE 1 (HOUR 2) – 2/28/06
START: Sau Paulo, Brazil (Pacaembu County Stadium) (November 9, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Brotas, Brazil (November 9, 2005 PM)
Take Santa Rita bus, do task at waterfall (roadblock?), ziplining, fuel task, indigenous ceremony
Possible location of VW bugs
TEAMS LEFT AFTER EPISODE: 10

EPISODE 2 – 3/7/06
START: Brotas, Brazil (or close) (November 10, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Sicily (November 12, 2005 PM)
Mentioned in TV Guide
Shots of ruins at Segesta, late afternoon shot of Joseph at amphitheatre
TEAMS LEFT AFTER EPISODE: 9

EPISODE 3 – 3/14/06
START: Sicily (November 13, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Rome, Italy (November 14, 2005)
Mentioned by “witness”?, 9 teams remaining at this point, task assembling statue
TEAMS LEFT AFTER EPISODE ENDS: 8

EPISODE 4 – 3/21/06
START: Rome, Italy (November 15, 2005)
FINISH: Corinth, Greece by way of Athens (through Athens night of 11/15?) (November 16, 2005 PM)
Parthenon in Athens, bungee jumping at canal in Corinth

EPISODE 5 - 3/28/06
START: Corinth (November 17, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Moscow, Russia (November 18, 2005 EARLY AM, 4:30 in the morning)
Ballet, St. Basil’s, tomb of unknown soldier, diving task

EPISODE 6 – 4/4/06
START: Moscow, Russia (November 19, 2005 PM/afternoon)
FINISH: Oman (November 21 PM)
TV Guide article

EPISODE 7 – 4/11/06
START: Oman (November 22, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Perth/Rottnest, Australia (November 24, 2005 PM)
From here on, the dates get pretty locked in
Sighting in Perth/Rottnest ON these dates at Woodside building, Fremantle prison, lunch stop

EPISODE 8 – 4/18/06
START: Perth/Rottnest, Australia (November 25, 2005 AM)
FINISH: TO BE CONTINUED
This is a likely spot for a TBC leg, since we know they stay in the country until Darwin, which is not within easy driving distance of Perth (in other words, Perth & Darwin are probably not in the same episode)
Boat footage in preview could be ferry to Fremantle Prison (look at water off Perth on Google Earth compared to aerial shots of boat in TAR9 previews)

EPISODE 9 ( continued from Episode 8 ) – 4/25/06
START: PICK UP FROM TO BE CONTINUED (November 25/26, 2005)
FINISH: Darwin, Australia (November 26, 2005 PM)
Crocodylus Park
Waterskiing footage here?

EPISODE 10 – 5/2/06
START: Darwin, Australia (November 27, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Lopburi Thailand (via Adelaide, Australia and/or Bangkok) (November 28, 2005 PM)
Dates locked in because of monkey festival dates in Lopburi
Couple spotted in Adelaide trying to get to Bangkok

EPISODE 11 – 5/9/06
START: Lopburi, Thailand (November 29, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Tokyo, Japan (November 30, 2005 PM)
Shots of shopping district, Mt. Fuji

EPISODE 12 (HOUR 1) – 5/16/06
START: Tokyo, Japan (December 1, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Anchorage, Alaska (December 2, 2005 PM) – might be pit stop or just rest stop
K2 flying service, skiing (if this isn’t Fran/Barry in CO footage?), sighting in airport

EPISODE 12 (HOUR 2) – 5/16/06
START: Anchorage, Alaska (December 2, 2005 PM OR December 3, 2005 AM)
FINISH: Denver, Colorado (December 3, 2005)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 12:39:24 PM by mwooden »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2006, 01:35:40 PM »
Nice job!  :tup:  Although anything after the second leg is up for revision.  I would put myself in the puddin camp and agree that Rome would be the likely international airport entry into Italy and later on to Sicily.  I don't suspect a lot of direct international flights into/outof Sicily.  Can't wait for tonight.  :jumpy:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2006, 02:08:56 PM »
Yeah, just put Rome there because of the "9 team" spoiler from Rome -- maybe that statue-assembling task with 9 people comes en route from Rome to Sicily. Like the first task of the day before moving on down to southern Italy. Rome is definitely a more likely Italian starting point than Sicily.