Author Topic: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors  (Read 171998 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »
Its Good banzai   :jam: ......bringing it over into articles , thank you !

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2006, 09:40:48 PM »
did anyone post this yet?

http://www.mcdaniel.edu/news_1940.htm
thanks to MBD @ Sucks:

Lazarus, a retired urologist and graduate in the class of '64, and his wife dove from an airplane, bungee-jumped, and scaled buildings in their attempt to beat 11 other couples in the 30-day race across five continents. Although the race is finished, the results are top secret until revealed on television in the course of the season.

bungee jump is in Corinth, Greece  :tup:
they survived up to that leg  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »
I posted it in articles but didnt read it yet banzai  : :-[  :giggle: , good catch  !  that conference that you  posted  is a great read , unfortunatly i'm on the phone right now  B:) B:)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2006, 11:48:16 PM »
from banzai's link /Phils teleconference ~

There's one location that
we get to in the middle east where the teams are immersed in a daily
task that a lot of people have to go through. It's great to see teams
used to going down to the 7-11 living life in a completely different
way and certainly a way that people overseas have to cope with every
day.

good site for Oman and lots of camels
http://www.omanet.om/english/home.asp

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2006, 12:28:34 AM »
TAR 5, episode 5. I think only Charla and Mirna took the camels.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2006, 12:38:45 AM »
 I'm grasping for any intro shot related to Oman  :cocky: , remember Meredith (TAR7 )the Camel Jockey ? Now that was fun !!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2006, 12:52:25 AM »
We might get a cap with the main intro next week. Personally, I'm hoping for a little frankincense and myrrh action from the race because they'll be in that part of the world. My few searches for Omani daily traditions has turned up only one time-waster: they spend a lot of time making and drinking their coffee.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »
Thanks Banzai for the posting the conference call. It had some interesting things including reasons for a Lisai/Joni or David/Lori first elimination.

"I would say that there's no denying that the sisters get a hell of a shock in the first leg of this race. Every single season, every team without fail will say something to the effect of, "I've been watching the show but I had no idea what it was really like until I ran this leg myself." I think it shocked people and certainly with Joni, she was completely and utterly shocked by what she went through, and what was required to be in this race. These sisters are definitely sisters who have enjoyed luxury in their life and prefer that over roughing it, being in a tent and going three days without a shower."

"The nerdy dating couple [I think this is David & Lori] are so in love, kissing all the way through the first leg and more concerned with each other than making their way through the first leg. They met at a bar, I think. They're both people who are an online, geeky kind of couple. They feel like they found the right one. They're really adorable."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2006, 10:59:10 AM »
rumor has it Lori & David make it too Russia , I don't know where the source got his /her info from so is it to be believed ?
I'm going with the other posters and guessing its Lisa & Joni , they were the only ones to get a confessional while in the game so far .

Hi Sups  :waves:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2006, 01:31:18 PM »
thanks to IssyB at TwoP:

One page piece in new Entertainment Weekly (with Reese Witherspoon on the cover). Relevant spoilers as follows:

EW mentions as teams to watch: Fran/Barry, BJ/Tyler and Lake/Michelle, although not all of them for good reasons. Apparently, Phil hinted to the mag that Lake/Michelle might approach Jonathan/Victoria levels.

Moscow, Sicily and Oman are all confirmed as locations.

A roadblock in Brazil will require rappeling down a 500 foot building. In Russia, there will be a roadblock involving a ten meter high dive...in the dead of winter...to retrieve a clue from the bottom of a pool. Back to Brazil for another funky challenge...where teams will have to turn sugarcane into fuel in order to run their automobiles..

Oh, and some non-spoilery stuff:

BVM more or less admits that the Family Edition was a biff of monumental proportions. And Phil gushes a bit about Yolanda's legs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2006, 01:51:29 PM »
Kewl banzai , i almost subscribed just for the article but talked myself out of it  :cocky:

A roadblock in Brazil will require rappeling down a 500 foot building.

In Russia, there will be a roadblock involving a ten meter high dive...in the dead of winter...to retreive a clue from the bottom of a pool.
 Back to Brazil for another funky challenge...where teams will have to turn sugarcane into fuel in order to run their automobiles..

So there is a Roadblock in Brazil !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4715332.stm

http://www.ddbstock.com/largeimage/sugarcane.html
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 02:26:03 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2006, 05:03:06 PM »
lol, my local library doesn't have the ET mag yet. Maybe the mailmen will deliver it on Monday. I'll try to photocopy it.  No promise.  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »
ok i signed up for a trial ,I had to see for myself  :lol:~

Saving 'Race'

Why ''The Amazing Race'' should go on -- Lynette Rice lists five reasons the CBS reality show shouldn't be laid to rest just yet by Lynette Rice

No sense sugarcoating matters: The Amazing Race: Family Edition was a big-time suckfest! As much as we've always loved the Race, we're not quite ready to forgive and forget, so we insisted that executive producer Bertram van Munster and host Phil Keoghan give us five good reasons to tune in again when CBS' Amazing Race 9 debuts on Feb. 28 at 9 p.m. Ready, set, go!

1 NO MORE ANNOYING KIDS! The biggest problem with Family Edition was the sheer number of people on the screen. Of course, now van Munster admits that telling a story about 40 family members in 43 minutes probably wasn't the best idea (ya think?). ''Would we do that again? Probably not,'' he says. ''It looked better on paper.'' (No, it didn't.) ''People prefer a format with fewer faces and more places,'' adds Keoghan. ''This show is best when it allows ordinary people to go to extraordinary places, and when it allows the viewing public to live vicariously through the teams.'' Which means the next installment will have...

2 DYNAMIC DUOS! Rageaholic Jonathan and his masochistic wife Victoria from season 6 set the standard for scary intensity, but Keoghan hints AR9's uptight dentist Lake (teamed with his dental assistant/wife Michelle) might not be too far behind. There are also two 60-something jet-setters named Fran and Barry, and a couple of gut-busting, book-smart hippies named BJ and Tyler, who apparently love ''good times.'' (We're high on that!)

3 PHIL HAS A CRUSH! The normally stoic Keoghan has a special place in his heart for one pair, former track star Yolanda and attorney Ray. Actually, it's more like he has a special place in his heart for Yolanda's legs. ''The best...ever,'' swoons Keoghan. ''I mean, they're powerhouses. Toned, athletically pleasing. It's like, she comes to the Pit Stop in slo-mo, it's so distracting, it's...'' Okay, okay, Phil...we get it.

4 NEW, EXOTIC LOCALES! This edition makes first-ever stops in Moscow, Sicily, and Oman, which is ''one of the cleanest places in the world — like Singapore,'' says Keoghan. ''All anybody hears about the Middle East is negative. This proves to be a real eye-opener.''

5 MORE AGITA-INDUCING CHALLENGES! Not only will the teams have to cover more miles in fewer days (''Trust me, it gets really hard on the contestants,'' promises van Munster), they'll have to partake in some just plain cruel challenges: A roadblock in Brazil will require them to rappel down a 500-foot building, while in Russia, they'll have to jump off a 10-meter high dive in the dead of winter to retrieve a clue at the bottom of a pool. Of course, that's nothing compared with the challenge in Brazil where they'll have to turn sugarcane into fuel to operate their automobiles. Exclaims van Munster: ''Viewers will want to turn the TV off because they won't be able to take the tension anymore!'' Turning off TVs! That's exactly what CBS wants.

(Posted:02/24/06)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2006, 05:10:48 PM »
I didnt see you up there banzai  :lol: , sorry . I'm looking through photos at EW  but see nothing for TAR9  :'(

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2006, 06:41:27 PM »
A roadblock in Brazil will require rappeling down a 500 foot building.

Not a lot of cities in Brazil with 500ft buildings.  Pick one from the list of possible candidates below.  :-\

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: February 25, 2006, 06:50:39 PM »
 :lol:

December 15 - 21
Our picks of the week's best pictures

As part of a Sunday morning musical event, people dressed as Santa Claus rappel down the facade of the Julio Prestes train station building in the city of Sao Paulo, Brazil. (Sunday, December 16, 2001)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2006, 06:54:37 PM »
anyway Boingo , window washer type dealio ? Like TAR5 ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2006, 07:00:37 PM »
anyway Boingo , window washer type dealio ? Like TAR5 ?

u mean tar6?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2006, 07:03:59 PM »
 )-** :whever:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2006, 07:10:28 PM »
 ;D :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2006, 07:11:30 PM »
 :naughty:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2006, 08:53:58 PM »
Found this on the web.  Seems there was a rapel scene filmed for a movie on the Altino Arantes building, also known as Santander Banespa sometime ago.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://sampacentro.terra.com.br/textos.asp%3Fid%3D706%26ph%3D1&prev=/search%3Fq%3DEdif%25C3%25ADcio%2BIt%25C3%25A1lia%2Brapel%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=119718
Maybe they have to do a roadblock before leaving S.A. (like in a previous TAR at a N.Z. bridge). :umn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2006, 10:11:17 PM »
How James Bond is that !?!? Kewl Boingo !!
Maybe they have to do a roadblock before leaving S.A. (like in a previous TAR at a N.Z. bridge).
It seems like thats the only way it could work into the time schedule  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2006, 12:09:55 AM »
you know I just hate conspiracy theories ,but couldn't resist  :angel:
found this on MSN

then I remembered  something different about the press pictures

Again Wanda & Desiree don't exist  :angel: , from realitytvcalendar

http://realitytvcalendar.com/scoreboard/tar9/tar9.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2006, 10:17:30 AM »
from an interview with Michelle's mom ( interesting read  , mom oversees tarflies )~

"From what I've read on the Internet, I think they went to Ghana, Russia and Portugal. But I'm not sure. They are closed-mouthed. Now I don't even try to bring it up," Potson said. "I can't wait to find out. I really can't."

source