Author Topic: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors  (Read 171996 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2006, 03:21:43 PM »
sups  :waves:

:hello2: puddin.  I finally started that bathroom paint job which turned into a remodeling job. Told my DH that we have to be finished before TAR9 starts. Kind of pathetic but I don't care. I know I've got my priorities crooked.  :snics:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2006, 03:25:39 PM »

:hello2: puddin.  I finally started that bathroom paint job which turned into a remodeling job. Told my DH that we have to be finished before TAR9 starts. Kind of pathetic but I don't care. I know I've got my priorities crooked.  :snics:

PLEASE send DH over here , my new bathroom is STILL sitting in my garage  in boxes  :'(

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2006, 03:33:32 PM »

PLEASE send DH over here , my new bathroom is STILL sitting in my garage  in boxes  :'(

The only way I can get my DH to get off his DA is to start it myself -- then he feels guilty and starts helping. Besides the first thing I did was remove the old bathtub faucet and put a platform over the tub to reach high. Now he can't soak in the tub with a glass of wine until we get'r done! It's a great motivator!!!!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2006, 03:39:32 PM »
In the TV Guide article vanMunster says to keep an eye on Barry/Fran, Lake/Michelle and BJ/Tyler. These teams must stick around for a little while. Looking at my first picks I have all these teams in my top 5. Maybe I've developed some sort of ESPN??  :giggle:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2006, 03:53:19 PM »
In the TV Guide article vanMunster says to keep an eye on Barry/Fran, Lake/Michelle and BJ/Tyler. These teams must stick around for a little while. Looking at my first picks I have all these teams in my top 5. Maybe I've developed some sort of ESPN??  :giggle:

and the Double Dees must stick around a few episodes ( or final 3?) because Bert hints of some of some sexual tension  :grins:

safe teams
FranknBerry ( older team spotted in Perth ? )
Lake n Michelle (per Bert 'tvguide)
BJ & Tyler ( per Bert )
DoubleDees (per Bert/tvguide )
Eric & Jeremy ( our winners or at least final 3 /Alaska )
Monica & Joseph (Young good looking couple Aussie sighting )

thats all I could think of right now ..

( nice way to motivate DH sups  :giggle: )

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »
if i was double d's i would deff hang around eric and jeremy

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2006, 04:00:06 PM »
if i was double d's i would deff hang around eric and jeremy

remember what happened to Megan & Heidi with Brian & Gregg  ;)

PHOTO FINISH
Now with a lead, Megan & Heidi jumped into a taxi as Brian & Greg stacked the last of the 180 books in the library to earn their clue, snagging a taxi as well. A disappointed Brian said, “One of us is going down. Let’s hope they had problems finding the ingredients.” As the two Teams neared Cerra Santa Lucia, they were shocked to spot each other in adjacent taxis in the gridlock traffic. Realizing their fate would be determined by a footrace, both Teams quickly darted from their cabs and ran the remaining few blocks to where Phil stood waiting. In the end, Brian & Greg picked up speed to finish in ninth place, while Megan & Heidi came in last, becoming the second Team eliminated from THE AMAZING RACE. 

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2006, 04:01:22 PM »
i blame the backpacks for megan and heidi disposel :giggle:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »
Did ya'll just see the new TAR preview on Survivor? Lots more vid caps to figure out. Can't wait to see them.  :jumpy:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2006, 12:35:18 AM »
anyone post this yet? from TV Guide:

THEY'RE OFF!

The Race is on. Again. Only, when the new season of CBS' Emmy award-winning The Amazing Race kicks off February 28, the 11 globe-trotting couples will find that producers have raised the stakes, replacing last season's family-friendly sights with exotic stops to make this, once again, a truly amazing race.

"[The Amazing Race 9] will be unique, one of the longest we've ever done," promises executive producer Bertram van Munster, noting that this edition will travel 70,000 miles in 28 days through five continents, including stops in Russia, Sicily, Greece, and (for the first time) Oman. Last season's show barely left the States. "This one also has a lot of good laughs and some sexual tension, more than ever," van Munster says. "There's some stuff going on between the teams" which, he hints, could involve best friends Danielle Torchio and Danielle Turner, a pair of recent college grads from Staten Island. Among the other teams van Munster suggests keeping an eye on: "The older couple," retired MASH surgeon Barry Lazarus and his wife, Fran;Mississippi dentist Lake Garner and his wife and assisstant, Michelle; and best friends tutor BJ Averell of Los Angeles and filmmaker Tyler MacNiven from San Francisco.

"These people have a lot of fun," van Munster says of his new racers. "There will be a lot of outrageous behavior."

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2006, 05:16:22 PM »
Chateau, do we have a start time estimate yet?  From the length of the shadows in the Red Rock amphitheatre I would estiamte a mid morning start.  If they go direct to Brazil we have several flights leaving around 4:00 or 5:00PM with intemediate stops in Chicago, Dallas or Houston.  Best bets look like an AA flight leaving at 3:45PM with stop in Dallas and arriving in Sao Paulo (GRU) at 9:52AM the next morning.  Uinted also has a flight leaving at 4:20PM connecting with the same AA flight in Dallas and arriving at the same time.  United also has a flight leaving at 4:53PM through Chicago and connecting with Varig flight arriving at 12:00noon the next day.  Best bets look like either United or AA (who have  been sponsors in the past)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
united/varig they either went through la,chicago,or dulles
american went through dallas

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2006, 07:03:28 PM »
Chateau did some starting-day work here. His estimate: shortly after 9 a.m.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2006, 07:37:24 PM »
denver-la on united 11:25 arived la 12:50 and having to run to a varig flight at 1:30

denver-chicago on united 12:45 to connect to since the flight was at 9:00pm central time

denver-dulles on united at 12:35 to catch a flight to brazil at 6:30 or 9:45

denver-dallas on american at 12:45 to catch a flight to brazil at 5:40 or 7:45

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2006, 09:52:18 AM »
Apparently, Australia has aired different promos than in the US, and someone over in another forum, thinks he saw the Iguasu Fall in the preview.

From Emerald Fire over at TWOP:
"The promos for TAR here in Australia feature hang gliding and a couple in front of a waterfall which looks like the Iguasu Falls in Brazil which featured in TAR2. TAR2 also had hang gliding in Rio. Would they repeat tasks and locations?"

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2006, 02:49:58 PM »
One another board [SpeakReality] someone posted in the AR part that Eric and Jeremy are in the final three, and BJ and Tyler get eliminated early, and David and Lori make it to at least Moscow(Leg 6).  Have no clue where this info came from is there any truth to it????

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2006, 02:57:19 PM »
I was looking into the flights of choice.  The equivalent date to check is November 6th, 2006.  It's the first Monday of November, equivalent to November 7th 2005.  If they get started between 9:00 and 9:22 am and drive for 45 min to Denver's airport then the flight to pick would be the one that goes from Miami to Sao Paulo arriving at 6:05 am.  That flight takes off from Miami at 8:00 pm.  To make that flight Teams would have to land at MIA around or before 7 pm.  They should have three ways to do that if they can catch a flight leaving DEN at 10:40 am, 10:53, or 11:17 am.   The last time is for yet another connection through Dallas Fort Worth.

The flights are cobbled below.  To check this for sure I need to go to Airwise and the FAA site that has flight history for US flights.

edited to add picture incase we lose the attachments again
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 03:09:38 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2006, 03:05:07 PM »
One another board [SpeakReality] someone posted in the AR part that Eric and Jeremy are in the final three, and BJ and Tyler get eliminated early, and David and Lori make it to at least Moscow(Leg 6).  Have no clue where this info came from is there any truth to it????

link please ?
Interesting never0102 , thanks you for the info !
never0102's spoiler link ~

http://www.speakreality.com/showthread.php?t=5273

Chateau  :waves: , so sorry all your attachments were deleted when we had the crash  :-\ , I hope you don't mind that I hosted it incase it happens again .......?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 03:13:00 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2006, 03:19:32 PM »
denver-miami on ted left denver at 10:15 and arrived miani at 3:59 but the varig flight from miami to sao paulo left at 10:00am and i dont see them connecting to american from a united or ted flight. im holding the november skyguide in my hands right now

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2006, 08:25:58 PM »
I’m envious Kogs.  A skyguide!  Okay, here is my best choice after checking historic data from BTS.
They should have picked this flight to Houston:
Continental 34, actual dep = 11:26 am, actual arr = 2:50 pm
Then this flight from Houston to MIA:
Continental 1890, actual dep = 3:47 pm, actual arr = 7:19 pm
Then this flight from MIA to GRU:
TAM 8091, scheduled dep = 9:15 pm, scheduled arr = 6:10 am

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »
from this article
( I know it says FEB 29th maybe a typo ? )

The top-rated, three-time Emmy-winning CBS show returns Feb. 29, with 11 pairs of contestants on a world trek with stops in Africa and The Middle East. Keoghan says that after past "Amazing Race" installments gave viewers a look at everyday folks in other lands helping travelers, "I was asked by people in e-mails and on the street, 'Were those Muslim people really like that?'

time to update the map Chateau d If , please ?  :woohoo:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 01:57:36 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2006, 08:17:23 PM »
maybe there arent 2 legs in South America ( it was spec only ) and the teams travel to Africa then Rome ?
pipe@twop's posted "When they reach Rome, there will be nine teams remaining."
thoughts ??

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2006, 10:42:35 PM »
Can't remember if the press release said 5 continents or not.  If so, then Africa doesn't make sense, as they are already going to S.A., Europe, Asia, Australia, and N.A.   :-\

:whever:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2006, 11:16:07 PM »
sounds like a stretch  :lol: from the pressrelease ~

The ninth installment of The Amazing Race returns to its international format where teams of two will travel to exotic locations, spanning five continents, with stops in the Middle East, Moscow and Sicily to name a few. The three time Emmy Award-winning adventure series premieres Tuesday, Feb. 28 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2006, 10:33:49 AM »
Hmm, although Africa is pretty darn vague... This should bump us up to at least 11 legs.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 10:46:32 AM by Neobie »