Author Topic: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors  (Read 171734 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR9 Spoilers /Rumors
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2006, 06:48:21 PM »
Interesting facts about Rottnest Island and it's little furry inhabitants.   :bny8:

This sandy island, 12 miles off the coast of Fremantle has a population of about 200. It is also called home to small indigenous marsupials known as quokkas. These were mistakenly identified as rats in 1696 by the Dutch explorer de Vlamingh, who named the island 'Rats Nest'. They are actually very friendly, and will happily approach humans, although they are now so fearless they are almost a pest. The Rottnest settlement was established as a prison for Aborigines in 1838, but by 1920 the prison had fallen into disuse and the island had become an escape for the richer end of Perth society. For five years in WWII the island was dominated by the military, which used it to defend Fremantle Harbour, and fearing what had happened to Singapore huge guns were installed, however they were never used in anger.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »
How cute !!  , lol it reminds me of a hamster

oh and  :kuss: Boingo !!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2006, 07:28:13 PM »
You can see some of the markers: the eagle emblem and the "flying buttress" thing, for example. Some posters claimed they could read the letters on the boat, but I never could; it almost certainly belongs to Boattorque, though.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2006, 07:14:59 PM »
just checking out some of the Aussie links

before I forget TV Aus boards
Posted: 8:13 pm 29 Nov 2005       

Yup... got confirmation from ppl in Darwin about TAR being filmed up there on Sunday... so its good to see them back in Oz...

Surprised to see Perth AND Darwin visited tho!  Yay!
Posted: 8:24 pm 29 Nov 2005    :   

And it was sunny, too! Last time they came here, they went to QLD and it was basically dark, cloudy and rainy.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2006, 12:00:42 PM »
From twop

This is from their bio on CBS. The writer could have simply mixed up her notes. The contract they signed with the producers is quite explicit in what they can not divulge, even to their children, who are also under contract. Matter of fact, any other relative who knew they were going to race also signed a confidentiality agreement.

"Barry, who is 63 years old, thrives on challenging himself and loves to compete. A retired urologist and former battalion surgeon with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam, Barry describes himself as outgoing and dependable. His biggest disappointment with regards to Fran was that she refused to bungee jump from a bridge in New Zealand. Although he does point out that she made good by agreeing to skydive."

if theres no skydiving then the writer from that artical took stuff from there cbs.com bio. we shall see what happenes tomorow night. cause if they get eliminated then we deff know they tried to spice up there expeirences on the race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2006, 02:41:53 AM »
here we go again ( link)  :rolleyes

Giantsfan22

(5/4/06 1:05 am)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hi, Alaska "shoe spoiler" here. Finally got my brother in law to talk to the lady at his work who actually talked to the 2 guys, she told him they looked very clean-cut to her, which in my opinion means they were the frat boys. Hope this helps clear thing up a bit. 

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #356 on: May 04, 2006, 06:55:14 AM »
You know, I was in the Alaska airport that day too -- now that I think about it, those 2 guys looked a lot like John & Scott...

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: May 04, 2006, 08:11:25 AM »
Where is Raceygirl with her camera when you need her?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #358 on: May 04, 2006, 09:25:12 AM »
ohhhhhhhh Raceycirl , best spoiler EVAH !!

lol you guys  :lol:

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #359 on: May 04, 2006, 02:26:20 PM »
You know, I was in the Alaska airport that day too -- now that I think about it, those 2 guys looked a lot like John & Scott...

Yea and i saw two girls in a Denver Ski resort running around for a clue.  I mean come on this spoiler has went back and forth so many times already.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #360 on: May 06, 2006, 08:11:43 PM »
posted at Twop's

Mugsy

Today @ 5:43 pm
I finally found some real information.

R/Y and BJ/T go for the FF. R/Y fail at the task and BJ/T get it and are assured a spot in the final 3.

R/Y come in last and are eliminated. Ray leaves some of his stuff for the Hippies.

However, the end is not pleasant. BJ/T come in third, E/J second and MOJO win. Barf? Yes. But that's the way it shall be.

;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 08:27:34 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: May 06, 2006, 08:38:30 PM »
Someone needs to tell Mugsy she's over a month late for April Fools.  :groan:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2006, 08:53:43 PM »
posted at Twop's

Mugsy

Today @ 5:43 pm
I finally found some real information.

R/Y and BJ/T go for the FF. R/Y fail at the task and BJ/T get it and are assured a spot in the final 3.

R/Y come in last and are eliminated. Ray leaves some of his stuff for the Hippies

I can believe that much. Yoyo gives BJ her running shoes and Tyler her thongs...  :o

Oh, I forgot to say that I was being bad.  :-[
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 09:00:07 PM by Big Papi »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »
I'd rather see BJ in the thong   ;) .

the thing I don't understand is how Ray is able to give BJT anything , they are whisked away and aren't even able to say goodbye to the other teams ..unless he's able to give his stuff to the staff /producers and they pass it along .

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2006, 09:05:48 PM »
I'd rather see BJ in the thong   ;) .

the thing I don't understand is how Ray is able to give BJT anything , they are whisked away and aren't even able to say goodbye to the other teams ..unless he's able to give his stuff to the staff /producers and they pass it along .

"I'd rather see BJ in the thong   ;) ."  hehehe, I knew that.
You're right about the "hillbillies" (from the Insider videos) not being anywhere near the pit stop to see the other teams, unless of course they had major problems reaching the pit stop themselves. Highly unlikely.

eta: Thought I should clarify the "hillbilly" quote. That came from Ray's interview with Phil and Yoyo corrected him and said Hippies.

I'm trying to view the Insider videos again, with no luck, so I removed the "redneck" comment that I attributed to Ray. It may have been the Hippies who used the term. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 07:58:08 AM by Big Papi »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #365 on: May 07, 2006, 01:48:18 PM »
Tyler called MoJo rednecks on the insider clip  :lol:  , actually it was a nice clip and Tyler is very sensitive ..it hurts him when BJ blames him for stuff such as not handing him his shoes & socks on the drive to the Pitstop   :doh:
Tyler talked about missing his girlfriend and his family, really sweet .
 I wish it would have played better.I really feel sorry for people with Dial UP ! Imagine trying to watch these clips with that !? I gave up after watching around 6 of the clips ..I lost my patience .

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #366 on: May 07, 2006, 02:23:45 PM »
Tyler called MoJo rednecks on the insider clip  :lol:  , actually it was a nice clip and Tyler is very sensitive ..it hurts him when BJ blames him for stuff such as not handing him his shoes & socks on the drive to the Pitstop   :doh:
Tyler talked about missing his girlfriend and his family, really sweet .
 I wish it would have played better.I really feel sorry for people with Dial UP ! Imagine trying to watch these clips with that !? I gave up after watching around 6 of the clips ..I lost my patience .

Lots of good stuff on those clips. I got to see most of them and those on Dialup are missing quite a few laughs. Yeah he called them Rednecks and said something about them returning to their shack. Next leg  would have been a hoot if the Hippies had not eaten the grasshoppers and assorted bug "feast" that RaYoyo appearently turned down (that's what happened yes?)
In another clip BJ recounts a story that he said Jo told them about beating up a guy in a bar for calling him a Redneck. Says he stompped on him and hit him over the head with a beer bottle. Did you see that one? Ray got in on the action as well about EJ being dummies.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #367 on: May 07, 2006, 03:55:42 PM »
Thanks BigPapi , I'm going to give them another shot ..sounds like good stuff  :lol:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #368 on: May 07, 2006, 04:02:41 PM »
Thanks BigPapi , I'm going to give them another shot ..sounds like good stuff  :lol:

Yer welcome puddin. I just finished watching them again and was able to get them all to run. BUT, I had to use IE and Real Player to get them to play. Some were funnier the second time around.  :lol3: :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #369 on: May 07, 2006, 04:39:32 PM »
They are playing today !! still a few bugs but not to bad ..I'm going to finish watching them later ......a

here :yaya:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=7873.msg119039#new